All Comments on 'Quaranteam - AU Ch. 01'

by SilverRyden

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
tjb50caltjb50cal10 months ago

awesome start, great humor, both military and politically, and agreed both in reality and fiction, looking forward to much more asap...

patient1patient110 months ago

Loved the literary references! First chapter and it's already a twins story.

Smartest1Smartest110 months ago

Good start.

Am curious to see if sisters can be paired with 1 male.

SpeedyPSpeedyP10 months ago

support tjb50cals summary, but i think i need some explanation as not firm in australias politics. Maybe some prologue or info chapter some time later if you get deeper into the story. And nice reference to the original storyline with the book :-)

goinghighgoinghigh10 months ago

Great start. Wanting more now!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I love the tangent you are taking with the quaranteam universe

tjb50caltjb50cal10 months ago

SpeedyP fyi australia has gone completely anti gun/2nd amendment much like the idiot democrat's in the US government and liberals in canada, and they are all against their own military support and veterans, reality and fiction within the quaranteam universe are much the same....power hungry politicians fail to listen to their own military commands

Shaqjor477Shaqjor47710 months ago

Great beginning!! Cannot wait to see where you go from here, and how/if the twins, and (hopefully) Grace end up starting his Team out right!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Character development is outstanding. I can't wait to read more. Thank you.

SilverRydenSilverRyden10 months agoAuthor

Thanks for all the feedback! I know some of you are probably disappointed that there's no funtimes in this chapter, but bear with me. There was a lot of setup to get through and there still is a bit, but Chapter 2 will have what you're waiting for.

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkerson10 months ago

Strong start, I like the characters. I'd like more length, but I'm struggling with the same issues as a writer, so that's exhortation, not complaint.

I did have to shove one bit of nagging reality. No way was Ty having a cellphone conversation in a UH60 in flight. A face to face conversation would require shouting inches from each other's faces unless they used an intercom system, but that wouldn't patch in a cellphone.

You can't go wrong starting with a redhead. Two? I'm reminded of a line from a running cadence "Grandpa said before he died, these five things that he wanted to ride - bicycle, tricycle, automobile, redheaded twns on a Ferris wheel." So, is there an amusement park near base? What? Just asking!

SilverRydenSilverRyden10 months agoAuthor

See, I knew the conversation in the Black Hawk would ding with somebody. (I was fully aware that it'd be damn near impossible.) I'm in this case just going to go with 'creative license' or 'magic'. But thank you for the feedback!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Super start on this new offshoot from Quaranteam. The writing is excellent. We already have a solid feel for the situation on the ground in this new location, you're introduced characters organically, and mmm, redheaded twins!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Would be useful to discuss how New Zealand with minimal defence forces had the best lockdown response in the real world to COVID 19 and would presumably be equally effective against Duo Halo in the Quaranteam world.

I could imagine some tough responses to early requests from New Zealand for the vaccine, maybe only being supplied with vaccinated women sent from Australia. Note the 3 hour flight time between eastern Australia and New Zealand.

SpeedyPSpeedyP10 months ago

oh i just took a look on SilverRyden favorites and i think i have read most of them too. Take a look to Tefler Three Square Meals and the Stories of Finalstand even if may eventually never finish but i adore life as a new hire and christian college sex comedy :-)

cindyp1976cindyp197610 months ago

I love this, I'm liking all the spin-offs but this is one of the best please keep writing

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_One10 months ago

Nice detail fill in from the land down under.

robots101robots10110 months ago

Great start! Excited to keep reading this series!

NursesNurses9 months ago

Excellent writing skills but an entire chapter with no sex???

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

Excellent story, set in my country as well

Scores a resounding 5/5, what a great addition to the Universe

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So far you have done an awesome job o with creating your own piece of the QT world. You have excellent backstories, good characters and a grouping of friends and enemies that should make this even better over time although I don’t see how it could get better than 5⭐️but I suppose anything is possible.

J.D.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just don't let you political leanings ruin a good story. THANKFULLY others, like yourself, have taken a less political stance PLEASE keep it that way here. I understand CorruptingPowers desire for political drama but it hurts the story far more than it helps.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just brilliant. Well done mate. The folks carping about the "politics" just don't understand how directly political bias led to unecessary death and misery. The SNAFU with the reporting is a nice touch. Someone dies/leaves and autoreports just keep on being sent. And folks under stress don't have time to question the data. Seen it so many times. Nice realistic touch that added to the background landscape. Well done and keep it up

BruceWoBruceWo8 months ago

A quick reminder: Victoria Barracks is in Sydney, NSW. I drive past it every day. It's correct address is Oxford Street, Paddington

Secondly Richmond airbase/military compound is in Blue Mountains, also NSW.

SilverRydenSilverRyden8 months agoAuthor

@BruceWo There is actually a Victoria Barracks in Melbourne too. And the Richmond I'm talking about is the suburb, not the airbase.

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett7 months ago

I agree with those saying to please try to keep real life politics out of the story as much as possible. The scenario presented in these Quaranteam stories is already pretty absurd and stretching my suspension of disbelief, adding in a bunch of reminders of real world political shit just makes it impossible for me to invest in the story. If I'm going to buy what's happening I need to be immersed in the story and that isn't possible with constant references to real world events taking me out of it all the time.

BluEyedBikerBluEyedBiker6 months ago

Decent story but leave the politics out of it when you are entertaining revisionist history. "The carrot" was an idiot in some respects but it was the Dems calling him racist for trying to restrict travel of Chinese individuals from the Wuhan region at the beginning of the pandemic while trotting around "Chinatown" areas touting how safe it was. Not to mention he wasn't the one purposely putting infected in nursing homes killing of bunches of elderly, that was the Dems too.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Chances are that the only ones complaining about politics in the first chapter are Republicans in love with the "Carrot" and you can't say anything negative about the "Carrot" without someone coming to his defense.... I'm not even American and I find it hilarious how twisted they get

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Got to the Trump rant, and I’m done. Does Corrupting Power only allow people who share his political beliefs to write in his world?!?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@ the previous anon: 'bye.

Love the politics in all the QT stories, mainly for the ridiculous comments they elicit!!

5* thanks for sharing

Dixon (UK)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I like the Australian political references in this one!

Tale_HunterTale_Hunterabout 1 month ago

Love the beginning, but can definitely tell this guy is from the eastern states. Victoria immediately closing borders? I never laughed so hard. WA and SA had hard border lockdowns in place quicker and longer than any other states, while good old Victoria caved to big business and tried to act like everything was normal. Then they had to quarantine more than any other states. Good going Andrews.

Still loved the political references and humour and can't wait to read more.

Ravey19Ravey1923 days ago

A very good start, giving Los of detail about the Aussie position without repeating the background other than where it's needed here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSilverRyden@SilverRyden
One of the boys. Usually a lurker, ideas and momentum compelled me to put pen to paper once again. I hope you enjoy. 22/5/24 - So. About knocking things out by X date. Yeah, the only thing nearly getting knocked out is me. Had a major car crash (not badly inured, but a pretty...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES