All Comments on 'Who Needs to Talk'

by Topspot101

Sort by:
  • 169 Comments
Buster2UBuster2U6 months ago

Hey, 10 big blazing stars for a great read and thoughtful shout out, way cool story, very enjoyable. I love a happy ending. Stubborn wife almost threw away her marriage for a little questionable sex. Excellent effort in my opinion. Thanks Buster2U

ReedRichardsReedRichards6 months ago

A decent story, but too convoluted. If the husbands were going to throw him down the stairs, why not do it on page one, and be done with it early?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

You handled it very well!

5

AardieAardie6 months ago

Over her dead body but she was still going to go through with it?

Bronco56Bronco566 months ago

Great story..nice job of writing

5stars

lujon2019lujon20196 months ago

cucks get one star, cause here is the thing, cheating is a long rambling run on sentence and fucking is just the period at the end, because cheating is more than fucking, and the lack f fucking at the end of the cheating doenst mean cheating never occured, just as the lack of a period at the end of this sentence doesnt magiccally mean the sentence never existed

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The whole story was soo soo amateurish! Looks like writer wrote by numbers!! He tried to include all cliches possible…but in the bargain forgot that a story uas to have some ratianle and the actors too have to follow some rationale! Stupid!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Grin.

Ed

OPrimeOPrime6 months ago

The MC's wife appears to be a moron, lacking an understanding of fidelity, the value of he marriage and her role as his wife. No one can be that dumb.

deependerdeepender6 months ago

Where are all these "hall pass" stories coming from? It's as if all LW authors have regressed to high school. If they aren't writing hall pass stupidity then they are complimenting the authors that do. Has ANYONE ever met a SINGLE PERSON that has encountered a "hall pass" situation in rl?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

You nearly lost me at the very first word of your intro. Your story has a good outcome, much to my surprise. Considering the typical outcome that some writers slop onto a page, what with all the degrading treatment of the husbands by their wives who turn into bbc queens. Marriage is a sacred institution, I know I know, NOT a popular opinion or belief to have nowadays. In fact some people strongly advocate that marriage should only be entered into in order to require a man to legally look after his wife. And this, solely to enable her sexual liaisons with studs, bulls, lotharios, bbc, pimps, and lesbians.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A decent story of cheating caught before it started.

Harryin VAHarryin VA6 months ago

It's like everybody who writes a loving wife story is a fucking idiot. Why would any man want to stay married to a woman who actually is willing to accept and buy that kind of idiotic bullshit reasoning?.

.

It doesn't matter that she didn't go through with the plan.

.

It doesn't matter that she physically did not fuck the other guy.

.

If you have to threaten divorce in order to save your wife thinking that her fucking other men is perfectly acceptable..... Then the marriage is already over .

.

GlancerGlancer6 months ago

Well played Topspot.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu6 months ago

Ah the MC took his wife back.

Good.

Until the next slick slime-ball comes her way.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What a dumb loser your MC.

Should have dropped her like a backet of crap.

No woman who loves her husband would EVER do anything even remotely look like that. EVER

BigfundrewBigfundrew6 months ago

Well written.

Oddly, the thing that stuck it to me was, no CEO and HR manager are showing up on anyone's front step.

heydog52heydog526 months ago

I agree completely with HarryinVA's comment below.

demanderdemander6 months ago

I sort of agree with Harry. This guy should have brought the entire thing to her right away. He should have insisted that she stay away from the guy. If she agrees and complies, he should still monitor her phone and all, because it's obvious that she's antsy. The way this is presented, the guy is a master seducer who has succeeded with many wives. That's not real. But it does give a good reason for him to keep her. D

AZslyderAZslyder6 months ago

Well written story, obviously evokes an emotional response from the masses. Funniest part is, it's fiction and the LW Hatfields and McCoys always barking like it's about their personal lives. Bravo, you succeeded...5 stars for the job well done.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Love reading some of the passionate comments - LOL! It shows you did a great job of pulling the reader into your universe. Good plot structure from start to finish although there were several edit opportunities. While I agree with others I would divorce her if this was real life, especially since there are no kids, it isn't my story to tell. 4.4*

mac1729mac17296 months ago

Well written story. People who comment that this or that would not happen forget the fact that it is a STORY!!!

Thanks for writing

Busman19639Busman196396 months ago

A nice story with a bit of a twist!

BarryJames1952BarryJames19526 months ago

Well, I know my take on this story is the right one simply because it’s the opposite of Harry’s who shouldn’t stain the good state of Virginia by admitting his residence. I enjoyed this and I’m glad they worked it out. 5*

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf6 months ago

Good story. Nice twist to the formulaic "We need to talk." But your punctuation mistakes and wooden dialogue made it a bit difficult to read. I suggest you get a book on proper use of the comma. A great book is Eats, Shoots & Leaves. With work on your grammar, you'll score higher.

miket0422miket04226 months ago

Seeing the tables be turned was fun. Having a happy ending was nice.

One fairly major inconsistency is bugging me though.

In the communications between Ruby and Alistair she had said that if it looked like the weekend away would damage their marriage she was going to call it off. When Lew gets the drop on her, makes her realize how hypocritical she's being and then hits her with all the evidence he's gathered ... She then allows one conversation with Alistair to convince her to go through with it anyway.

When she thought her affair was a secret she was ready to give it up if it threatened her marriage. Once the secret was out in the open and it was obvious it would destroy her marriage ... How would Ruby possibly be persuaded that easily to go through with it anyway???

irinmikeirinmike6 months ago

I know authors who write about the Hall Pass fantasy have to draw out the story line by having the loving husband keep secret their knowledge of a cheating wife. However, what man would not immediately confront his wife and or lover in this situation. Instead they continue acting like a happy husband and have sex with their cheating wife. The answer is NONE!! If you knew your wife was cheating you would confront her immediately and not play along gathering evidence. This penchant for Hall Passes is a bit silly but I have to admit I like to read them.

wolftrapwolftrap6 months ago

I really loved the last two paragraphs. Tops from me.

Just_WordsJust_Words6 months ago

I don't know why I liked that so much, but I'm guessing it was the clarity of the wife's change of heart. She abandoned any pretense and got right with him. I liked that.

phill1cphill1c6 months ago

Just a couple of nits: Who even knows anyone named Alistair? And why was the wife made out to be brain dead? I know, I know, it's the formula...

jasonnhjasonnh6 months ago

Whew, I thought Mr. Clarke was going to walk away without consequences until he had his "accidental fall". Too bad, so sad.

I really liked Lew's straightforward approach but his wife seems to be as dumb as a rock. After he triggers her with his "plans" to bed his secretary, she gets mad at him for investigating her. Then, SHE CONTACTS HER LOVER FOR ADVICE!!! If I were Lew, I'd have a hard time trusting her because SHE IS TOO STUPID TO KNOW BETTER.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester6 months ago

Nice twist on the"you love me enough to ..." plot. Thanks

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat6 months ago

Nice twist on an old theme. 5*

imhaplessimhapless6 months ago

Original; I like original. 5*

Jaydean409Jaydean4096 months ago

Fun story! I felt the MC caved too early on his “we need to talk” ruse. He should have really argued with her using all the bullshit justifications. After she screamed and refused to accept any of them, then he could have said, OK, you’re right, I won’t do it, now, what was it you wanted to say??

Freddog6601Freddog66016 months ago

What a crock.

After learning about the slimeball, most men would have put a plan in place to eliminate the problem before he did any damage.

MormonJackMormonJack6 months ago

Thank you! Much appreciated. well done tale.

I found myself wondering: why is he waiting to confront her? Going out to lunches with the sleeze-bag: no ok. Why not confront her on that? Sharing details of their lives: not ok. Confront her, don't wait.

LWLover60LWLover606 months ago

Fun story and nice take! *****

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

Really fun read. Kind of anticipated from the start he would cave and take her back. Standard fare on this section. Your balance between narration and dialogue was perfect. And thanks for sharing

KRD19254KRD192546 months ago

What took the men-in-black so long to clean the steps?

\

I would have thought the steps cleaning would have happen just after the PI told three husbands? Also an owner of a cleaning business has contacts with the street - a few bucks would insure the steps cleaning never need to occur since Allister would have been in the hospital having surgery to remove his testicles. Plus the PI would have connections - it is all a mater of perspective and cash.

\

So this story was way to much fantasy not being any where near reality. Life is not pristine or clean fantasies. But the men in black was original fun.

\

3.9**** Hooyah

MasterKoteMasterKote6 months ago

Post nup should be in order

waifwaif6 months ago

First, if the guy caused 18 divorces in the past year, there should've been 18 men in black.

Second, there is no way this guy leaves all that debris in his way without SOMEONE putting him down.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer6 months ago

I liked it! Refreshing change of pace. Thanks and I think I'll check out your other stories. cd

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now6 months ago

Nice - loved the 'nasty fall down the stairs' bit.

True story - that was 'kinda' the okay way to deal with Barracks Thieves back in the day. Drill Sergeant actually said, "I really don't care how many times he falls down those stairs."

Yeah - good times. (Long ago and far away.)

hapmarriedhapmarried6 months ago

5* These situations are especially sad to me. I think the damage just from asking for a hall pass would be fatal to many marriages.

WhyjustwhyWhyjustwhy6 months ago

Clarke is the type of guy that needs to be strung up by the balls until they rot off. Don't be Clarke.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Looks like Mr. Clarke got his, trying to get his... GOOD!

ReadyOneReadyOne6 months ago

Nicely run coffee shop meeting of all of the husbands.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Totally irrealistic cheating fantasy with the usual selfish and narcissistic slut wife, and an unbelievable childish idiot husband. After all she had already done, he was ready to take her slut wife back ? She was lying, hiding her sluttish behaviour and having an intimate relationship with another man, leading to sex, for months and this is not already cheating ? The husband behaviour is ridiculous and the wife's totally stupid. The only credible character was the lover. The ending RAAC is too much irrealistic and one-sided, to be somehow likable.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut6 months ago

Silly man. Never thanked his secretary properly.

Just a simple "Take a letter, Miss Attwood." Or maybe it would have been better without the letter?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Epilogue: Five years later she does it again and this time he has to pay child support and alimony. She turns the kids against him and he ends up living a miserable life. The end.

SunnyU2SunnyU26 months ago

Good enough story, you just made the wife a little too dumb.

DessertmanDessertman6 months ago

It is just another version of a well worn theme. The writing is very amateurish.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sort of pointless, you know, doing what Lew did. What about the next time? Nothing like a life lived waiting for the other shoe to drop. The next "Clarke" will be better, smoother, more handsome while Ruby will be older with a mom body trying to reclaim her youth. So the next guy will be able to get the job done that Clarke couldn't, ESP. now that Lew will be hamstrung by the presence of children in the marriage, which the next Clarke will only be too happy to discuss with Ruby in full strategic detail.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer6 months ago

As others have stated, if the affair had got to the situation of needing an actual threat of Divorce before she stopped, the marriage is already over. She wasn't going to change her mind, even after he confronted her about it.

That husband was a complete wimp. A successful businessman, prepared to spend a few dollars, could have had the guy "dealt with" long before this happened. He paid $5000 for the PI. Then. later, a few thousand to his lawyer. All those marriages that he had broken up... and no husbands had done anything! Really? What pansy world do these guys live in?

Then, at the end, someone pushes him down some stairs/steps. Big deal. Does that make up for all those marriage breakups?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Totally unbelievable, and that's saying something considering this category. . The company knows this Alistair is an asshole lothario, but nothing is done with HR? Instead, they waste time and money watching this guy bounce from wife to wife. Tgen, after only 1 luchbwuth the prick, Ruby already has a secret email and swapping sex stories? Glad i skipped to the last page.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story. Only comment is why after the goose vs gander conversation would he try. She took her bag to work with intent so get rid of her?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

No for a few reasons. Cheating dosent just happen with the first sex. There is a lot of small lines that need to be crosses to get there. Then even after he uses her exact situation against her and she says "over her dead body" she still packs her bag for her weekend. Also her husband says if she goes he will divorce her, boyfriend says he will forgive her, who does she believe? Boyfriend, after knowing her husband for 8 years! I don't think this marriage will work. She doesn't respect him at all. She just thinks next time I wont tell him.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I've been watching this new author with some hope. Sadly this tale takes about 7 steps backwards in both cliché and reasonable behavior points. Nobody is this dumb (any of the characters actually, but especially the husband and wife), no professional lotharios like this exist, no CEO gives a fuck about the sex behaviors of their staff and sure as hell doesn't go to their homes.

If this were a parody you might get a "hall pass", but honestly it's not even a good parody.

Disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I like the Thomas Crown Affair ending

SKHPSKHP6 months ago

I don't understand why so many writers put such an emphasis on the physical aspect of cheating. IMHO, forming an emotional bond with an intruder and talking about intimate details with this bastard is worse than the sex.

BTW, this story was so full of cliches that it just got ⭐⭐⭐ from me. But keep on sharing!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

On the Comments page I saw Maxi's recommendation on Eats, Shoot and Leaves. I second the recommendation. It is written simply and clearly, and should make every struggling writer better. I have not read this story, but will likely do so.

JPB

nixroxnixrox6 months ago

3 stars and DITTO to what 'Harry' said.

Just the fact of the packed overnight bag was the final act to seal the delivery of the divorce documents. The prolonged emotional cheating was every bit as effective as the actual physical act - there was nothing left of their marriage at that point. She risked everything for a weekend rutting with a diseased piece of crap salesman - game over - checkmate.

The RAAC ending was a waste of time.

Better luck with your next story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

what a piece of shit taking her back lmao get a dna on the kid hahaha she did it once she will and has again

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Yep, nope.

She crossed too many lines.

An emotional affair is where you do most of the betrayal. You flirt, you get hot for another person, you betray your relationship by divulging personal information, and most importantly, you give your attention to someone you shouldn't.

All of that was way too far. She had turned her heart away from her husband and was ready to disregard his feelings. She was keeping secrets, and then when he derailed her little speech, continued to ignore the implications, even when she felt the bite of betrayal herself.

If the husband had not continued to act, she would have still gone.

The emotional affair is losing the fun, cocking it and pulling the trigger. The sex is just the last heartbeat before death.

The only other things he could have done were to belt her in the face, or lock her up on Friday morning.

To have to go to the kinds of extremes that he did, means that she was acting as if hubby was not important to her.

So you wrote a reconciliation?

Not sold. Not in the slightest. Even the sex she gave hubby was an attempt to bend him to her will.

Not worth it. Jettison her and get a dog, plus the occasional hookup.

AZslider, nope. Not as if it's personal. Just an analysis of the action, and the application of a decent moral viewpoint.

And my viewpoint is that on a wedding day, it's all wine and roses and the promise of combining two people into a union where they promise to have each other's backs. Once that's done, any emotional entanglements are selfish, are lies, are betrayal of your own undertakings. When you choose to marry, you also have to acknowledge that you are no longer on the market, and choose consciously to do the right thing every day before you find yourself drawn into a situation where you have compromised your own integrity.

If you can't do that, DON'T GET MARRIED.

A marriage is not a placeholder until something else comes along to catch your interest. If you don't want to be betrayed yourself, then you have no place betraying the one person from whom you expect trust.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Pregnant with their first child?

Now when she does it, 'no fault' means that she gets the house, the car, alimony, child support, custody and he gets the cardboard shoebox.

He had his chance and blew it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

3*

Formulaic.

Any time you have to intervene you are just kicking the can down the road. If the cheater doesn’t stop himself/herself, you may as well just lay the papers.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well done for a formulaic story, but the "twist" of playing the wife has already been done by another author. Still, the prose flows well, and the story itself is better than most LW stories. 4

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It started out pretty good. However, when she decided to try again to go away for the weekend after Plan B and the reveal, he should have just had her served. The odds of her remaining true while being that much of a brainless bimbo surpasses the suspension of disbelief and ventures well into "That's just stupid."

-

I did get a laugh at HR showing up at their house. Much like doctors, they don't make house calls. You get called into their domain.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Are there really women in this world who are flattered by the vulgar outpourings of men like Alistair Clarke? The last man who told my wife she had 'nice tits' sported a black eye for several weeks after! As for the transparent BS words fail me, even allowing for the fact that Ruby has the intellect of a rocking horse.

To my way of thinking Ruby has already cheated on Lew by agreeing to even consider this plan and the fact that Alistair 'You've got nice tits, babe' Clarke is (somehow) a master seducer doesn't mitigate her behaviour in any way. Her failure to slap Clarke's face into the next week at the mere suggestion of this plan shows an incredible level of disrespect for her husband and her marriage. She should be toast!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Had to stop reading it was so silly and poorly writen

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Nope... here's the thing... she didn't stop on her own.. she stopped because he intervened. My problem with this premise is how would you ever know she won't do it again? She was able to lie to him for weeks. Her mind was made up she was going to do it. Had he not intervened she would've been bent over the hotel bed getting her guts fuck'd out.put.. it's not just about the weeks of sex. It's more than that. It's about the weeks of lying, the weeks of going out to secret lunches, the weeks of making out. It's about the weeks of her being able to go home to him while her mind was on another man. It's about how little the respect she had for him, their marriage and their plans. It's about sharing things with her would be cheating partner, its about sharing personal

information about her marriage with a complete fucking syranger that didnt give 2 fucks and a bags of ducks about her marriage. Is she an idiot that can't think for herself? I don't care how good of a seduction he put on, if she truly loved her husband, loved their life together.. absolutely NOTHING him or anyone can say to make her tarnish it.. I see this premise all the time.. oh the guy was a great seducer, was he, or were these whore's prim and ready to destroy their marriage?🧐🤔. It's ludicrous a husband has to tell their spouse if you cheat I will divorce you.. that shit should be common fucking sense. Why would he have to fight for her when they're married?!. The fighting for her should've ceased after the "I do's". There can't only be 1 person fighting for a marriage while the other is helping an outsider destroy it. It's 2 against 1. Had he just warned her of what the consequences will be and she stopped on her own, I believe there's a chance she won't do it again. But when you intervene, I can see her doing it again but this time being more careful. I feel like it was a struggle to get her to come to her senses. I'm giving you 1 warning. There won't be anymore. I'm a huge believer in giving people enough rope to hang themselves.. I would want to know if I would be able to trust this person again.. there's no way of finding that out when you stop them. Here lies the problem. Trust is such a fragile thing. Once broken it's almost impossible to get it back. Even if you do gain a little of it back, it won't ever be the same. For me it would be the ease of how easily my spouse was ready to destroy what I thought was a happy marriage. How they were so easily manipulated and let some stranger that knows NOTHING about our life, our relationship, our dreams tell them how I would react. Does she not know her husband? How can some asshole tell her how her husband think and what he would do?. I think she allowed herself to be convinced. She's clearly an airhead and can easily be manipulated.. if that's the case, he has way more things to be concerned about.. he's married to an idiot🙄. I also dislike when the douchbag seducers get more consequences than the sluts.. they allow the snakes in their marriage garden. Nobody can destroy your happy home without any inside help. That's exactly what these wives do. They help these latharios... but gets to keep their happy home?.. nope... there has to be consequences. You don't reward bad behavior.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

phill1c

Grew up with a guy named "Alistair". And then there is Alistair Overeem, former Dutch MMA champion. And that is just for starters. Good Scots male name.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Why cave after she packed that bag? That was as much a marriage killer as her actually having sex with her paramour. She said she'd divorce him if he did it, and STILL planned to fuck around.

Just as unforgivable, and that's where the plot was lost. She's a selfish asshole whe needs to be REPEATEDLY threatened in order to not fuck around. Why subject yourself to staying with with the big an asshole?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So now he has to watch her for the rest of their marriage. Shame. She us not worth it. I say divorce her so she knows what she caused. If she does not date for six months consider starting over. But no kids. If you want kids find someone else.

Tomh1966Tomh19666 months ago

Fun!

I liked it and the reconcile was a bit fast but I am not going to have a tantrum.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

When the overnight bag went out the door, it should have been all over. It's just a matter of time, probably when she hits the big 40, that she pulls this shit again. This would have been the perfect time to be rid of all that future grief.

GardenshedGardenshed6 months ago

Good story / read. How stupid was Ruby, even after Lee confronts her, still Believes Alaster. Wow Lee should have divorced her for being stupid, pretty sure her gene pool would not be good for having children.

Thanks for writing! 5💫💫💫💫💫

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

No way in hell a real man would act and react in the manner described in this story. She had already made up her mind to do the deed. The only thing left was to serve divorce papers in the most embarassing way possible - at her work on Friday at noon. Then ask his secretary to lunch to thank her for her thoughtfulness.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ6 months ago

I agree with the other comments, Ruby was too stupid to keep around. He should have kicked her out and looked for a better woman. They are out there. Hopefully Clarke's injuries were serious and permanent. If not, then more accidents until he learns the error of his ways.

Prince020402Prince0204026 months ago

I hope that Ruby was really, really, really hot because she was really, really, really, really stupid.

Characters and situation way too cartoonish for me. In real life, most of what you wrote does not happen. HR coming to her house in and of itself is an HR violation (just one obvious example).

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice6 months ago

I felt this was well-written, as far the dialogue, characters & most of the plot. However, it dropped down to 3 stars for the reason overwhelmingly listed by other commenters: how does it make sense to instantly forgive a cheater if that person has to be threatened (repeatedly by the way) into not cheating. Based on the logic in the story, she didn't remain faithful b/c she was worried about her husband's feelings or realized she had forgotten her commitment to him. Nope. She remained faithful only b/c the only way to stay married was to not have her husband be aware she was cheating. Doesn't seem like much of a foundation for a successful marriage. I am fine w/ writers coming up with their own plot points, but plot points have to logical, not absurd. Potential is there for Topspot to have some fine writing in the future though.

laptopwriterlaptopwriter6 months ago

I liked this, it showed some work and ingenuity. I gave it a 5.

JDOrlandoJDOrlando6 months ago

untill the ebd i was like man same old bad crap i hate that. But you did very well with this love it

Hardday1953Hardday19536 months ago

Well done, weak husbands are a curse on our society! That is a 5 for your effort! PS; A whore gets paid for her efforts. A slut like Ruby is left holding an empty bag with no worthwhile future. A strong man as in my marriage is critical to set an example to his wife. I had a similar problem with my wife's old boyfriend.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion6 months ago

It was interesting. I have a couple problems with these types of stories. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that any woman who has all her mental faculties would fall for Clarke's line that going away for a weekend or even an afternoon fuck fest could possible strengthen anyone's marriage. Just considering something like that destroys trust that is the glue that binds any partnership, marriage or business. Trust is the hardest thing to build and the easiest thing to destroy. The other thing I can never understand is why someone would set out to destroy someone else's marriage. An overwhelming attraction and falling in love with someone already in a marriage I can understand, maybe. But just for the sport of it? That will never make sense to me. But as they say, "stranger thing have happened." 4-stars for the entertainment value.

Buster2UBuster2U6 months ago

10 stars fun story

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ruby is a special kind of stupid. She'll have to wear a helmet all day every day.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The MC runs a cleaning service so he must know people that would do anything for a buck like make Mr Clarke disappear permanently.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x6 months ago

"I find I can't close all of the holes to my satisfaction in the space of three pages" - So why limit yourself to three pages? It's like the unfinished 750 stories. The author complains about running out of space, instead of abandoning the 750-word format.

\

"they avoid any legal issues, for breaching the fraternisation clause in her contact," - Any "breaching" is on her, not her employer.

\

"you can use the rubbish as long as it is not protected with a confidentiality clause in your contract with the company you are cleaning for." - I realize that you can have whatever reality you want, but I doubt that there's any confidentiality on rubbish!

\

"if you tell him, it's not cheating so he can't refuse a hall pass." - LOL, even if we were to buy the "if you tell him it's not cheating" line, it still doesn't mean he has to grant the hall pass.

\

"Just confronting her was never going to work." - Why not? "Even if I kill it, he will try to take her to a motel." - He can try, but if hubby gets to her, why would she go?

\

"If you said no she would not do it," - Isn't that good news? So tell her no!

\

I don't understand why he can't just tell her that he knows about Clarke, and to forget it.

\

"I knew once I served, I would not retract" - Why not?

\

"Are you serious, will you really divorce me?" - Hasn't he already told her that?

\

@demander, I agree. Why did this need such a convoluted plot? As I said earlier, just confront her.

\

@miket0422, good point about her turnabout.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd26 months ago

I liked it until the end where he grabbed her and took her to bed and made "slow, sweet love". He was way too forgiving after her insistance on betraying him. He had to get the lawyer's letter in her hands in order for her to stop.

And I agree with the comment below. He was responsible for too many divorces to not have gotten his just desserts prior to this.

enderlocke77enderlocke776 months ago

This is what I don't get about most ppl why would he want to stay married to someone that dumb.

What a load of BS that was, but regrettably, she bought it. The last email in the chain was, "OK. But if anything even looks like he will leave me I am not doing it. See you tomorrow.". at this point its just wow hard to believe someone is that dumb but yeah there are real ppl that dumb. Also its starting to look like he is more at fault than she for marring her. Makes me wonder what the hell they talked about for those four years before the marriage

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This is a great twist on the 'we need to talk', 'hall pass' stories. One of the best I've read. I love that the husband was intelligent, and proactive, but imo she did such significant damage to their marriage that I don't know if he should have continued with her. The fact that she continued to flirt with Clarke and try to convince her husband even after he hit her with his desire to go off with his secretary--confronting her with her own hypocrisy--means she is selfish and easily swayed by a smooth talker.

What happens when another Clarke shows up after she has kids and 'feels old'? 5 stars

Dunny69Dunny696 months ago

Total wimp and soft arsed husband. If she can do this after just 4 years then it’s doomed.

enderlocke77enderlocke775 months ago

Eh she wants to cheat she will if they have kids. No, stop emailing me or I will report u for harassment easy peasy. A few holes in there but enjoyed the read ty

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol5 months ago

Fun ending!

-

Be well!

AnyMooseAnyMoose5 months ago

The mystery should be why Mr. Clark still had both kneecaps at that point...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Almost didn't read this since Buster2U suggested it; nothing personal, I just don't like his stories. But I've read some of your stories that I've liked. So I read (happily) this one. I like how the husband spun things around on his wife but wonder if she'd want to do something like this again, even with the prof. help. I'm surprised, however, that the husband didn't get angry with the amount of personal stuff she told the asshole. Lastly, you didn't write what happened after Clarke's fall, if he continued working or unable to.

You write that some stories being short, you can't fill in the loose ends. I call rubbish. The important ones, as in this case what happened to the asshole, CAN be rectified with just a few sentences.

On this story, 4 stars. Bob

muskyboymuskyboy5 months ago

Ruby was no victim. You need to explain how she regained her husband's trust. As written Ruby is not forgivable.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous