All Comments on 'Building Wonderland'

by oneagainst

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
DustofFallenStarsDustofFallenStars5 months ago

You know, I definitely would have bought you a [insert beverage of choice] to just sit down with you for an hour or more to talk shop and pick over just how you put all this together, but in the absence of such I guess this essay will have to do.

Although the drink offer probably stands if the opportunity ever comes up.

djripdjrip5 months ago

Everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the face! I had to stop reading this halfway through, once the spoilers seemed to be reaching beyond where I've traveled. I'd better saddle up and hit the road!

flynn99flynn995 months ago

Thanks for sharing that... it's really fun to see the organic way plots inspired plots and forced interactions which became this epic journey. The CR vision -- storylines, character masters, colored interaction lines -- it comes together as if that were the genesis, but noting is ever that straightforward.

Love your comment about the transition from every word being an effort at the beginning to it flowing like muscle memory at the end... that's an amazing encouragement.

Looking forward to your next epic!

OffRoadDieselOffRoadDiesel12 days ago

I’m writing the full version of my 750 word ‘It wasn’t COVID’ story. I’m not as organized as you are, but it’s looking to be a million word story (not sure it if will really be a million, but it’s big). I’m enjoying letting the story take on a life of its own. I’m writing mostly on my iPad and rely heavily on Apple Notes to keep track of characters, places, things, milestones, the timeline, URL’s for bits of information I can use to add a touch of realism, etc. Plus, I can hyperlink between note cards for things that are related. It sync’s to iCloud so I have access to the notes on every one of my Apple devices.

.

I’m writing in Google Docs sync’ing to Google Drive so I can change devices for writing and always have access to my originals. I suppose I could use Google Keep for notes, but the Apple version is better integrated.

.

Periodically, I read my story from the beginning to make sure it still makes sense and to make sure there’s a believable line of ‘how I got here’.

One thing’s for certain: my brain really loves writing this monstrosity. Building my alternate reality is lots of fun and I don’t get tired of rereading it from the beginning.

.

Then there’s {colorful metaphor}{colorful metaphor} people like you who plant things in my brain like “that’s a great idea!”. :-)

.

Thanks for the essay.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroneagainst@oneagainst
At last we begin, and from the smallest of things: a mistake. Cassie asked for the free will to make her own choice at the end of Wonderland, but she did something unexpected. Instead of keeping free will for herself, she gave it to her nemesis, Lily. Now Lily is free to wand...

story TAGS