All Comments on 'The Lighthouse'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne5 months ago

I was sure that Dani was ghost. 5 stars!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

Wow that was one heck of a tale! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

CriosCrios5 months ago

No other author can spin a tale and throw in those humorous zingers like @stev2244! Great story!

Hooked1957Hooked19575 months ago

The king of creative off-beat strikes again. Goddamn good story. Five big stars.

Hooked

SkubabillSkubabill5 months ago

I kept waiting for something occult to happen. Very well done.

Buster2UBuster2U5 months ago

Great Reading, however I am somewhat confused about what really happened. 5 stars. for the great effort, and I know it was. thanks, Bustr2U

Busman19639Busman196395 months ago

Didn’t appeal to me although it was well written.

EZ8ltEZ8lt5 months ago

Forcing back the ex-wife as some sort of hero and that shitty justification talk when she's basically but a cheating bitch was stupid af and killed the whole story, even though it was a good suspension horror until that.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Outstanding until the ridiculous Dani ending. 4

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight5 months ago

This was very different and very good. This is a good read. 5 stars from me, only because Lit has no other emojis.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar5 months ago

Strangely excellent. 5*

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

Strange as Hell, but oddly enjoyable.

steeltiger01steeltiger015 months ago

Very different, very good & my hat is off for the twist at the end: I truly never saw that coming.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll5 months ago

A quirky rather cute, story. "Cute?" Well, I'll stick with that. Actually roughly three stories kind of cobbled together. To begin, one of those tales so common hereabouts on LW of the wife calmly blowing off her husband because she found someone else. In this case because he lost a competition--one that he didn't even know he was in until it was too late (wives sometimes like to give hidden tests to their husbands -- just sayin'); though the other lad apparently /did/ know and didn't approve. Then, there's the gothic/horror story, not at all common hereabouts. Cue the scary music! Then there's the Dani-ex-machina. Hmm. Quite a surprising twist. He chooses against Dani, as well he should.

I don't much care for the last part, so I'd change it. Well wouldn't we all change others' stories if we were writing them? You might ignore this part of the comment entirely. I'd remove the Dani-ex-machina and -- stepping back a bit--have the two moronic stars of the story actually gather or make -- what do you call them? -- weapons! Then kill the beast, though I like the fight on the landing, so keep it there. Now Dani. Hah! She needs to have done terribly out in the wilderness and to be near death in some remote place, where he finds her and saves her and nurses her back to health, then simply hands her over to the contest "winner." Who promptly rejects her because of her fucking test. Yeah -- I'd like that. And I don't do revenge stories. What's come over me?

Anyway, a fun story.

jocko_smithjocko_smith5 months ago

I didn't really love it, but 5 stars for originality.

DrPopeDrPope5 months ago

I see your tales as your progress with English more than anything else …. How far you have come …. A long long way indeed

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Unusual but a lot of fun. Thanks.

dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

Kinda weird not quite sure about the plot, was there one? A cheating wife? Maybe two?Guess I'm a little dense and still confused............................

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This author has played too many Dungeons and Dragons games.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

loved the humor.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I was expecting it to be more Lovecraftian when the lighthouse came into the picture. Still a great ride

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

"This trip wasn't meant to be." - Maybe it's a sign that the affair wasn't meant to be!

\

"Losing a woman like me." - "Losing a woman like [her]?" Not too big of an ego!

\

I definitely didn't expect Dani to still be alive. I'm glad her new guy didn't work out.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove5 months ago

I thought it was brilliant. Sex, a crazed serial killer, a winter storm and a gloomy lighthouse; alone, any of these make for great fiction, but combined...fiery brilliance of 5 stars..

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

A little hard to keep up with, but turned out to be a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Psychotic as usual.

Still, I liked it

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Stupid

MbgdallasMbgdallas5 months ago

Well that was a waste of time.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon5 months ago

It's hilarious how AngelRider actually thinks people give a shit about her irrelevant and unintelligible opinions.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sorry but it was dull and predictable.

CagivagurlCagivagurl5 months ago

A break up from hell.

A twisted plot, excellent characters.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

MissMudMissMud5 months ago

Strange story. Different. I really liked it!

PraetusPraetus5 months ago

Interesting and a bit whimsical! Interesting how Dani realised her new beau was a dud but wonder if she knew that when she was confessing and just laying it on thick.

A nice divergence!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu5 months ago

What the heck did I just read?!

Like a twilight zone episode surreal.

Honestly the story didn't make sense other than making me realize how justiffied Dani of cheating on MC can't recall the wimo's name. Yeah Dani found a real man in Mike and I wonder when Nina leave this loser too. The story was quite original and well-written but I kknow @stev2264 is a good writer. I somehow didnt get the story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I swore I could hear laughter in the wind as it howled outside our little tent, mocking us as we sat huddled in its frail shelter.

Loved the personification.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

YAWN inducing, not good at all. Incredibly boring to the point of skimming, 2 boring stories so far, but should have known it would be with anyting Randi is involved with. Her invitationals are ALWAYS boring.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Irrealistic fempov description of the husband, behaving more like a brainless monkey than a man. Interesting idea, but too much one-sided, like most of the LW tales.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Loved it

WargamerWargamer5 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the story it had a supernatural story feel to it.

In the end l wasn’t sure that they didn’t kill Dani.

Who knows?

4/5

BSreaderBSreader5 months ago
Interesting

Not sure why.

FD45FD455 months ago

So did they put a Dani-part in the glass table?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Very unique storyline but the ending has several possibilities. Is Dani dead? Are they in the lighthouse still? Crazy minds want to know! LOL! 4.6*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Beyond odd

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I had so much fun. Thank you!

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

That was quite a departure from the usual LW stories. I think I missed something in the timeline. Dani got picked up and taken to safety, tried to round up a rescue party, and drove off to save her Ex. While she was doing that she decided her new lover was not going to work out and suffered buyer's remorse. Ditzy.

Well written, thanks for sharing.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

4.5 stars. -1.5 stars for ex wife suffering zero punishment for her cruelty, +0.5 stars for her actually saving his life, 0.5 stars for him having a HEA with a deserving woman.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

@Anon... I hate RAACs as much as the next guy (actually probably more than most readers on here) but... um... where'd you get the idea this was RAAC (or even reconciliation)?

Schwanze1Schwanze15 months ago

An interesting premise wasted. A fascinating macabre ending stuck on the middle of a different story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

More like a grotesque horror story. Not sure it fit the outline for stories, but certainly a unique one.

Schwanze1Schwanze15 months ago

Anon a bad raac. Did you read this?

TwentysevenTwentyseven5 months ago

Very imaginative.

SatyrDickSatyrDick5 months ago

[06.12.23]

Top Shelf!

11/10!!!!!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire5 months ago

Very different and very original take on the challenge! There was some great banter (“Nina the Unarmed”, haha) as well as some excellent surprises, and a good resolution in the end that seemed to work for everyone. I also liked that Dani had a heart, even though she broke Tom’s. Therefore, 5* and a “hearty” thanks for participating in Randi’s challenge.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You have a knack for the bizarre and I like it a lot. I can honestly say that I’d never thought about a serial killer’s feelings being genuinely hurt until the scene on the stairs.

Sometimes I can’t tell if the stories are supposed to be farcical or if your style is to write without a lot of emotion, but it strikes me correctly regardless.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very good writing , many interesting parallels , similes , and perhaps a nod to The pit and the pendulum

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just weird. Definitely not erotic. Two stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is why I hate winter camping.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

AngelRider is a textbook narcissist. THAT is why she thinks that people care about what she thinks. You can't fix stupid, nor can you fix narcissism.

Burner70Burner705 months ago

What a load of crap . The skanknhoe is the hero.fuck off with this shit

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I enjoy your stories but your characters act as if they are from another planet or maybe universe.

robinhodrobinhod5 months ago

Totally weird. Illogical. Incomprehensible. Loved it.

HighBrowHighBrow5 months ago

I was having a great ole time until about halfway through I lost interest in the original and the new plots. But, I like your writing style very much.

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months ago

That was an amazing and very descriptive story. Loving Wives (two, but one a "real" loving wife) set within a Gothic horror story combined with a romance and some redemption for Dani. 5*, of course.

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

Excellent! I kept wondering after the mention, what if she was the killing the ones hanging on the hooks? Great twist. Loved it and now a follower. Very thankful you never picked up the bad habits of literotica, using the dot dot dots, all the compound words, the Em dashes and the crazy !?!?. I mean, what the fuck? Takes time to edit that out in order to listen to Jennifer's sexy voice tell all the stories with Text Aloud which is an Authors best friend. You can use it to write your stories then listen to it to pick up the mistakes made and gives the Author pause to consider changes, additions and such. Score = 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS. Thank you, now following!

maninconnmaninconn5 months ago

Stev, you have an amazing imagination, and the ability to tell the story in such vivid detail. Bravo!

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

GREAT STORY!!!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree5 months ago

Well done.

Interesting and enjoyable.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Err, what did I just read? Not sure. I like si-fi, fantasy etc. but this flummoxed me. I knew there would be a different ending so that was no surprise. I am glad some like it but just too illogical for me.

Dry_opinionDry_opinion5 months ago

Didn't like it. MC is a coward, who needs to be saved by his cheating wife. No wonder she cheated.

enderlocke77enderlocke775 months ago

Oh so glad it didn't turn out to be ghosts. Was diff thats for sure but felt the marriage part needed more. Just felt like a small byproduct of the plot of a horror story. Would have been nice during Halloween. Didn't check the date maybe it was written then eh idk was a good read though

Wavedave45Wavedave455 months ago

I like to think that the giant and the lady actually were ghosts. And now they live together and have to deal with getting her a social security number and getting her to stop pooping in a hole in the mower shed.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago
To Dry_opinion

So if you can't win in an unfair fight, against Mike Tyson in his prime or against an UFC mass of killing instinct to give you an example, you are a coward and deserve to be cheated on.

Good to know that, in your opinion, you are a coward and deserve to be cheated on.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A little weird, à little meandering, the MC dithered and flummoxed his way through. But à good read for someone whose Christmas was spoilers by catching the flu. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was poorly written, and not believable for a number of reasons. The dialog was terrible. The MC and Nina were terrorized, desperate people who would have been panic stricken. But this story made them out to be rather calm and laid-back, constantly joking. To have his wife suddenly show up and rescue them was not believable and obviously you couldn't come up with a plausible way for them to escape. The way Dani was acting I expected it to turn out that she and her husband were in it together and conning men into trying to rescue her, and eventually helping her husband to kill him, was a game they played. That would have been more believable. Whatever. Guess I got my money's worth.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Interesting story!

4

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy4 months ago

Strange but interesting and really that is all that matters!!

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

WTF was this. Figures George Anderson had something to do with it.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice3 months ago

Tastes do vary, and put me on the list of those that did not like this tale. The story did keep my interest, so kudos to the author for spinning an interesting tale. However, I am one of those people that hates coming home from a movie and having to look up on the internet an explanation for what I just watched. This was that, in story form, except I can't look up on the internet what happened. I don't know if they are still in the lighthouse, if they killed Dani, moved back to nearby town, or what happened as the ending was so sudden. I love when an author knows when to end a story, and doesn't explain endlessly about the next 20 years of the MC's life after the climax. So sudden endings can be good...if I know WTF happened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Middle part was good. But the ending was contrived with Dani showing back up. The whole story would have been better if Dani was a non factor. Meaning that her cheating and decision to go with the dud, Mike, happened BEFORE the hike. Have MC hike to get away. Then storm, then lighthouse, etc. Dani wasn't needed for rescue. There were weapons inside the abattoir, that the psycho used to dismember his victims. Him surviving outside with no food or water for a few days seems unlikely. Or if he did due to his mania then he should have been weak. Of course he also had a gun. Regardless, have Nina and the MC survive on their own merits and sacrifices. Again there were weapons inside. Having Dani show up to save them was contrived and weird. Then have MC reflect on Dani dropping her new beau. The end. Btw Nina would have major PTSD issues and as such would need therapy. I know she is portrayed as tough but seriously? Again the middle part in the lighthouse was great as was Nina's reveal. But Dani's delusions at the start, then the contrived rescue at the end, knocked this story down imho. 4 stars.

RileyKingRileyKingabout 1 month ago

Not sure how this is rated as high as it is. Awful. 3 stars

oldtwitoldtwit15 days ago

Much as I respect the plot of this, it's in the wrong category, to me it's just an odd story that nearly made it into the sy fiy realm.

Just_WordsJust_Words9 days ago

I liked the early bit with the breakup and starting off in different directions, but the lighthouse horror lost me. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Attractively grotesque. The air in the lighthouse felt… foul. You have a knack for describing such squalid conditions, such detached, casual horror. It’s almost Byronic in an utterly Teutonic sense.

I’ve never read an author such as yourself. This, ‘The Messenger,’ Obedience and Betrayal,’ and ‘My Ugly Suitcase’ fascinate me in an indescribable way. Just utterly unique.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous