All Comments on 'Rebirth'

by Laphroaig53

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
Baldy74Baldy742 months ago

Very very good. Especially for a first story. I would have liked to have read more about his children's thoughts on his letters (they would have made an excellent book), also the first time he meets his ex wife again.

Look forward to your next story.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson2 months ago

A fine single malt of a story.

cpl8140cpl81402 months ago

5*. A well written, original story. First time at bat and a grand slam.

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly2 months ago

Well aged! Keep writing.

JH4FunJH4Fun2 months ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Excellent tale, I am sorry I cannot give it the true ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ it deserves. However, it is hard for me to believe this is your first writing. Having said that I am glad you are publishing your products here on this site. I also hope that you continue to create new ones just as awesome as this one.

It earned the Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating I gave it.

****** Just some additional thoughts ******

One of the things I like about this site is that it contains a wide variety of tales from all perspectives, walks of life and all over the world. To me this allows a consumer to acquire a range of points of views that they might not obtain if they are not able to travel far from the area they grew up.

Many will say there are both good and bad out there in the world. The bad ones all need to be locked up and the keys thrown away to protect the good. Until you have met someone who has been convicted wrongfully or that what they did was not as bad as it was made out to be and a prosecutor had it out for them, then they got a second lease on life. You will never realize how wrong you are.

I believe in accountability for our actions. I also believe in 3 strikes you’re out. But to me even the 3 strikes rule should be weighted. Everyone ask why I feel that way. I say because I got more second chances than I deserved in my long life. Your tale reached inside me and reminded me that there can be good outcomes just like mine. It made my emotions come to the surface with a big smile and warmth all over.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

mallahmallah2 months ago

Well Done....

It's too bad you didn't explore more of the television/print coverage upon his exoneration. Having the media actually calling out the cops for their shoddy investigation. Also the DA, the judge, and the so-called "prominent families" for their highly suspect influencing of the case.

FlamethrowFlamethrow2 months ago

A superb examination of the anguish a simple misunderstanding can cause in a man's life

FlamethrowFlamethrow2 months ago

I omitted to offer my congratulations on a wonderful first story and will ensure I watch out for any subsequent stories you post.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Simply outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Now that's a great story, packed with emotion, tragedy, recovery and a truly believeable ending. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Right now, I am still on page 2. I had to come here to applaud the raw emotion the author has already been able to plumb. The interaction concerning finding his family and his response literally brought tears to my eyes. I have no idea what else this story holds but unless it gets put on the same plane as the psychopath it's going to soar as high as anything on this site.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

OK, I have finished the whole thing. One of the previous comments states that this is a first outing? Hard to believe that. Absolutely stellar work. Just try to avoid getting maudlin and this author will have great success on the site.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Waiting for the next story with bated breath!

69gman69gman2 months ago

All five stars turned golden... Well done on your first published story. I am glad your story was in my recommended list, and glad I chose to read it. Having been involved in prison ministry for 20 years, I can tell you that you did capture many of the emotions and circumstances prisoners deal with everyday. Rarely do start to follow a writer with their first story but you broke the mold. However, your choice of single malt is way to antiseptic for me. 😌

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy2 months ago

Wonderful first story!

5

mfredbirdmfredbird2 months ago

Screw you. I'm not crying, you're crying. Shut up.

5

RzcanuckRzcanuck2 months ago

Wow! Just wow!

1_Inquiring_mind1_Inquiring_mind2 months ago

Fantastic story and character development. If this is what you put out on your first effort i cant wait to see what comes next. 5stars and a follow!

nyc1975nyc19752 months ago

Loved it. One of the best first stories I've read on Lit. If the number of eyeballs that see your work matter to you, you may want to consider a different category. This could easily have been placed in Romance or Mature, and would doubtless have gotten more attention. It was only happenstance I tripped over it in Non Erotic.

PaksdmPaksdm2 months ago

Loved this story - except that the serial killer never paid for his crimes and that really bothers me, but that's just me...

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

No doubt about it, you need to keep writing. I look forward to your next submission.

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour2 months ago

Excellent story. Please continue writing!

You have a valuable gift!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

When did MC get the auto??? I got the imprison ex kept family in the dark.

AS usual assnomeous.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_Uabout 2 months ago

Great story. I really liked that you explained the ex-wifes actions involving keeping the children from him not malicious but done with the childrens best interests in mind. Would had probably been nice to give him a heads up, but understandable to set and maintain a distance from the whole situation. Even if she believed him not guilty of the crime she would still want to what was best for the kids.

Helmsman0305Helmsman0305about 2 months ago

Having read and thoroughly enjoyed "The consequences of two phone calls", I had to see what else you had written. "Rebirth" is just as good and I now look forward to your next production. 5 stars does not seem adequate so I wish I could give it 10.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Does Boyd Percy read and review every story posted here? 😀 He’s usually quite generous, as he was here, but in this case he could/should have been even more effusive. I only got here because of the author’s second story, which was also a gem. I now look forward to any future stories written by this author. What a gift!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This seems to be a nice blend of Guilty until Proven Innocent by other2other1 and Shawshank Redemption minus the prison break.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Spectacular story. So well written I have absolutely no idea if it’s true or not!

Please write more.

mainer42mainer42about 2 months ago

I do not give 5 stars for the reason that the best is hard to duplicate. This story grabbed me and did not let go. Thank you 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago
MORE

As others before me have written, I too read the latest release before this one. Excellent writing! You brought us through the highs and lowest lows a human can go through, but still have a life. Well done, please keep writing for us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Thanks for the read

Started out really interesting as Matt. But Tommy needed the Brando/godfather treatment. Bitch slap followed by "you must ACT LIKE A MAN".

Beej23Beej23about 2 months ago

Read your other story too. You sure know how to string together a nice tale. Loved every word!!!!

PetestekPetestekabout 2 months ago

Thank you so much for sharing such an excellent story with us! There are only a few stories on this site that caused me a storm of emotions and admiration for the skill of the authors. Unfortunately, most of those stories were written a long time ago. But today I am happy that a new masterpiece story has appeared. Once again - a huge and sincere thank you!

woodrangewoodrangeabout 2 months ago

More please.i read all your stories and want to read more.

linnearlinnearabout 2 months ago

Absolutely brilliant writing.

inka2222inka2222about 2 months ago

This was a fabulous 5 star story, but you ruined that impression at the end with MC stating that his ex-wife doesn't deserve to lose her relationship to the kids, AFTER she stole the kids from him. HELL YES she bloody deserves that. I can MAYBE understand changing kids' names and adoption. I think her excuse that she was protecting them was a complete and utter BS though. But restraining order, parental termination, and lack of contact was NOT EXCUSABLE. I kept wishing she died a painful early death through whole story, and MC forcing his kids to not blame the evil bitch soured the story for me by a meaningful margin, so did a COMPLETE lack of karma, justice or retribution of literally anyone involved in putting him behind bars. Maybe he didn't have the spirit to do anything (having the money he should have had opportunity), but the AUTHOR had a choice to inflict karmic punishment. 5 stars for romance, 1 star for lack of karma especially for ex-bitch, 3 stars total story score.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Laphroaig53 is a writer who also has the heart of a counselor. As as counselor my goal is to try to help people discover what is best for their lives and find the happiness and joy they seek. If Romance stories that include pain from past circumstances bring tears to your eyes, have a fresh box of tissues handy.

A note to those who are to rigid to understand how people act in real life. With her husband incarcerated for life for a double homicide, a mother did what was necessary for her sanity and the sanity of her children. She lived her life for the benefit of the 'survivors.' The system stole the children, not the wife.

Most people need to add a lot of understanding and love into their lives. In the end they will be better off.

The Hoary Cleric

other2other1other2other1about 2 months ago

A great story, I enjoyed reading.

I hope you keep writing

DessertmanDessertmanabout 2 months ago

A very painful but well written story.

FljimFljimabout 2 months ago

I just found your work. I've enjoyed the 2 stories I've read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I'm sorry but I wouldn't of forgiven my sister, my brother or my parent's... I really couldn't care less they(parent's) died... those people are his family. They raised him, grew up with him, lived with him, loved him.... they KNEW him. .. they knew their brother, their son would NEVER kill anyone. It's not that they just believed it, they had no loyalty, they completely turned on him. Even when he was exonerated they made no effort to make it up to him. Made no effort to repair the relationship. Not even an apology.. I wouldn't want anything to do with those traitors. They didn't even come to his wedding for heaven's sakes. I'm not even sure why he even initiated contact or invited his treacherous siblings to his wedding?.. they made it perfectly clear 20 yrs ago he is nothing to them. I'm just truly disgusted that people he thought were family and friends were so quick to believe and turn on him without a single doubt that their brother, their friend, their husband, their son is not a murderer. He wouldn't risk losing his kids. His parent's disgusted me even more. Dis-Inheritanting him wasn't enough for them, they had to be petty and vindictive and send him a dollar. I can't imagine turning on my family like that. I don't give a shit who they allegedly killed. I wouldn't turn my back on my family like that. Family is supposed to stick by you.. they're supposed to be have your back.. they should be the main one's to know you better than anyone else... That saying you know who your true real friends/family are by who is still standing by you when the shit hits the fan is so true...His kids were a different story. They were small children. But that wife... my gawd.. whatever happened to stand by your man?. Not only did she drop him like a shit covered tissue. She slapped a restraining order on him while he was in prison 1000 miles away!?.. She took all the assets, didn't even leave him $20.. I'm a little confused as to why he got so angry at Molly for snooping but not mad at the people who completely turned their fucking backs on him?. The people who he thought loved him. The people he thought were friends and family... I would definitely feel some type of way. I wouldn't want anything to do with the ex, my siblings or those so called friends. 🙄. There would be no way to repair that relationship. They've showed him who they really are... I love my little brother, if he was in the MC situation, as God is my witnessed I would walk through hell and back to prove my brother's innocence. I would go visit my baby brother. He wouldn't have been in no priosn for 20+ year's... I would do anything for my family. they would do the same for me. My family always told me I should've been a lawyer, do you know I would've turned into a lawyer?.. I would've been all over my brother's case. I would've been my brother's advocate.. I know my brother.. he wouldn't kill anyone.. I'm really irritated. 😫😫😫.. this story was good, the writing awesome... but fuck me I hated your treacherous characters... total fucking assholes...

60022Mallard60022Mallardabout 2 months ago

inka2222 you are wrong.

Can you imagine what being at school would be like when your classmates discover your dads is a double murderer. You patently expect the sins of the father to be visited on the children!

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 2 months ago

A very thoughtful and wonderfully written story; five stars and many thanks. I sometimes wonder about the people who write pages on how the author should’ve written the story. It belongs to the author and not to them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

2.2 million. ? Great story.

robinhodrobinhodabout 2 months ago

I'm lucky to have read this story as I normally only read 'Loving Wives'.

He popped into that cauldron, made a major impact, and here I am.

What a story teller!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Bravo!

Please keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wow. No words are strong enough to describe what you wrote. So once again, wow. Thank you for an incredible well written story. Best regards,

Scott

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

For me, it's a five star tale. However, it is still too narrative driven. In fact, at times it is too sterile. Still, five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sifting through the garbage that is most of the Loving Wives category, you sometimes find a gem. This is one of the very best I've read. Thank you, and keep writing !

KirkelKirkelabout 2 months ago

You are a good one. Thank you.

Dennis26Dennis26about 2 months ago

5 Stars, Wish I had the words to express how much I enjoyed this story. Please continue writing There is no doubt in my mind that you have talent.

HeypossumHeypossumabout 2 months ago

Loved it keep up the good work 5 stars plus

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I know Tommy didn't need the money but I think he should have written a book about his life... it would have topped the charts of non-fiction... it could also have been cathartic for him and helpful for many others as it was for Michael... one of the best stories on this site... 5-stars.

Bigbandguy62Bigbandguy62about 2 months ago

His personal triumph in the face of almost all encompassing adversity, for example aiding others to read, standing against the corrupt system and press made great reading. The tendency for violence while distasteful was understandable. I thought the husband going to bat for his wife helped the MC to grow.

A dad found his kids, helped them to stay connected to their loved ones and relearned how to love another.

A great love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Enjoyed your story very much. Thank you for sharing it with us. 5*.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 1 month ago

Damn you are GOOD!! Wonderful, well written story. Kinda jerked my feelings all over the place. Kudos!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Another amazing story!

BigCountryGuyOzBigCountryGuyOzabout 1 month ago

Mate - you are GOOD! As a man suffering through trauma I can really relate to and appreciate how you have depicted Tommy’s mental health journey. Well done

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 month ago

Your stories are even better than that peaty whisky. Thank you for letting us share your writing.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 month ago

A strangely poignant story which draws you into its detail. Tommy certainly is portrayed as a virtual lost soul who needed help to dig out. I find it somewhat strange that he did not become embittered and wanted to resume some level of contact with people from an earlier stage of his life. For him to seek out the help he needed and then actually take the guidance offered him was a remarkable accomplishment. Worthy of a 5* rating even if was a little too good to be true.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 1 month ago

The only cliché that you left out was Lasagna.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 1 month ago

great story but why would his kids decline coming to his wedding?

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Stop making me cry, dagnamit. Your stories give life to the phrase, "Read'em & weep." 5 stars all day. ..thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Wonderful imagining of how a man wrongfully convicted could do good work in prison and rebuild a life after.

CaedynCaedyn13 days ago

Great story! I was riveted, even when the screen got a bit blurry for some reason. Thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Why the fuck did his brother and sister not want to reconnect with him?

.

It was also hard to understand why it took him so long to tell Toni his story. But that’s a quibble.

.

As to not meeting his ex wife again…..smart move.

.

3 ***

6King6King7 days ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Loved it!!

Cracker270Cracker2704 days ago

Great story. Just one hell of a lot of feelings came up.

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Excellent.

stewartbstewartb3 days ago

Great story. With "5" for your writing and another "5" for the impact on your very lucky readers !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous