All Comments on 'All the World's a Stage'

by Eisenloewe

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
IEnjoyEroticaIEnjoyEroticaabout 2 months ago

Great story. Too bad some of us are really that dense. 😵‍💫

texlootexlooabout 2 months ago

I very much enjoyed your story, but the ending felt like a tease. My brain was waiting for his moment of realization that she had been flirting. No one could be this oblivious, but I have come close. I have Asperger's Syndrome (Autism thing) and really am like this. Fortunately I am married to a wonderful woman now. There were 3-4 situations where a girl was very much flirting, and for more than just a day, and I didn't realize it until over a decade later. Looking back I want to kick young me for completely missing the signs, but my wife and I have been together almost 25 years, and she understands me perfectly. She is wonderful.

Sir GalahadSir Galahadabout 2 months ago
Seven pages of reading for no payoff

Even for Humor & Satire, seven pages without a sex scene is infuriating. I can't decide if this guy is the least-aware protagonist since Toby Kwimper in Pioneer, Go Home! (which became a rather good movie starring Elvis Presley in the role he was born to play, in Follow That Dream) or if he is a high-functioning autistic.

You need to write a second part to this, that has Lauren dragging Toby into bed, initiating him into the Rites of Eros, and then fucking his brains out while she orgasms again and again, finding she likes being Charmaine to his Ed.

deependerdeependerabout 2 months ago

Wonderful. The "dark, twisted, and seldom-shared corners of [your] mind" are extremely interesting places. The several threads woven together in this story may be typical in and of themselves, but the pattern is whole and unique. The story stays true to the MC's social milieu throughout. Very well done. Thank you for this effort.

EisenloeweEisenloeweabout 2 months agoAuthor

@texloo , funny you should mention that: I ran out of time to work on this. Originally, the epilogue here was meant to be chapter 10, and there was to be a true epilogue set years later in which they were married, with the new, follow-on/echo joke being that now he was joking with her about being unable to figure out how this small human who looks vaguely like him and her came to be running around their house, and her replying that another one was on the way so maybe he could figure it out with a second opportunity for observation and analysis.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Loved it! I actually liked it that Toby never did catch on. Unfortunately, I know a guy who is very much like that. LOL His wife (now) had to actually sit him down and explain it to him. He must have caught on. Last I heard, they have eight kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I love this. So often stories about people like this are written badly, they do all sorts of things, this handles the subject matter well and I love that you didn't have a sex scene, that this was the whole thing. Wonderfully wonderfully done.

-A Tea Monster

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking10 days ago

Amazing. The number of double entendres you got into a single story is nothing story of amazing. And I loved that he never got it. Even if in my head I'm frantically writing the explicit sequel where he does. Five stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous