All Comments on 'Quaranteam - 808 State Ch. 07-09'

by DisquietCertitude

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
KahunabobKahunabobabout 1 month ago

I've been on scribblehub too much lately - so to start: TYFTC (Thank you for the chapter). Hope your personal situation and problems resolve themselves in the best way possible. // As for the story: thank you for including Gwen as an asexual person. It's interesting to see how the vaccine will affect her in the short, mid and long term. We haven't had the p.o.v. from an asexual person before. Must have been some interesting discussions in the QTU author's group. As for the discussion between the army couple, Gwen's compatibility % is throwing them off, right? I wonder how that will play out in future. Did she match extremely high with a random stranger?

Carnes8004Carnes8004about 1 month ago

Well, DC, I was very pleased to see 07-09 pop up, and gave it a 5*. I can't wait for the next chapters. Having said that, I want something more, and that is your health. I have been critical about long delays between chapters . If you need to slow your pace, let us, your readers, know. Maybe an 808 update, so we know you are doing fine. And we can keep you in our thoughts. Please take care of that ticker, okay? And STAY SAFE.

opklompenopklompenabout 1 month ago

Please ignore the haters and keep on writing this wonderfull story

AingealanLannAingealanLannabout 1 month ago

@Kahunabob From what I know about this universe from having read almost all the other stories, and following the original from the very beginning, because of the pre-existing relationship she should not have been run against anyone else without manual intervention. That being said, their compatibility score for something like Oracle, that focuses on sex a ton, was probably sub-50%. That's just a really low number that would be worrying to anyone, you know?

That being said, the vaccine can change people pretty drastically, including healing mental and emotional scars. Given what we just saw before it's even cemented, I would say there is a greater than 0 chance that she actually comes out far better for having the vaccine and that if they were to retest in three months, they'd be much more compatible.

SlofredSlofredabout 1 month ago

If you are having problems, issues, stress, or even a well needed vacation that is fine. The store, while much anticipated can wait till your creative urges make it possible. We will all be here patiently, or not so patiently, waiting for the next installment. 5stars are always worth waiting for. Thank you for sharing.

alsithalsithabout 1 month ago

Mentioned elsewhere, but great addition. :)

LeifsonLeifsonabout 1 month ago

The use of "skosh" probably isn't Hawaiian pidgen (or at least solely so). Most likely Japanese slang that went multicultural.

Growing up in the military/ex-pat community in the late 60s, and even after my family returned to the states, we used skosh in the same way.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneabout 1 month ago

So Gwen is asexual, I wonder what the shot is going to say about that going forward. I honestly wonder if after the first time she turns into a hypersexual being. That said this is good stuff sir.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I have to say that I am sorry that life got in the way though frankly I havenā€™t seen one QT author who hasnā€™t dealt with that. Speaking of which, I am amazed how consistently good all the authors of this universe seem to be. My only complaint is the diversity of locations these stories live in. My personal opinion is novels and novellas make the most sense. The one area I disagree with mind control. If it were true mind control, the Oracle wouldnā€™t be needed. Anyway, thank you for this unique take and I wish you nothing but joy going forward.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Both Mal and Gwen will have interesting times.

And Kat is probably going to help catch more cows than her parents expect.

unrealtimeunrealtimeabout 1 month ago

As all the commenters so far have said, take care of yourself first. You can put me in Slofredā€™s ā€œnot so patientlyā€ group. That is testimony to the quality of your work and a small price to pay for what you give your readers.

Shaqjor477Shaqjor477about 1 month ago

Thanks for the chapter!! I hope you are able to find a way to feel better, and if taking a break from writing helps, then do so, we will be here waiting when you are ready to be back! I am greatly enjoying the story, and looking forward to the growth of the Team, and hopefully some sort of growth between Mal and Gwen, regardless of their very low Oracle score. Maybe just some openness from Gwen as to what she needs or wants that he isnt providing would be ideal, and some of the other girls could provide it? If its not what you were thinking, ignore my ramblings!

NursesNursesabout 1 month ago

Definite 5. I have been waiting (patiently). I like your Mal and your Kat. Starting to like Evvie. Don't know Gwen enough to say. Boy she is going to be in for a rude shock when she realizes the vaccine makes her horn on a regular basis.

MehntalityMehntalityabout 1 month ago

With how Mal and Gwen have been described up to now, I don't think anyone is shocked that their Oracle matching % is low. It seemed that Gwen didn't even like him much and my theory was that she was having an affair or was a closet lesbian. I had to Google 'asexual' as I wasn't familiar with it but that definitely describes Gwen. It makes you wonder what led to the sexual encounter that resulted in Kat (if its been explained I am blanking on it) because she seems to be with him just for her daughters sake. I hope you stick with this because this is shaping up to be one of the more interesting QT offshoots.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Write your story. Stop worrying about critics. Use something constructive they say if you are persuaded. Then just roll with it.

Hope the personal matters resolve well.

Its a good story with realistic characters and motivations.

I look forward to rhe next installment.

Anonymous One

Teufel67Teufel67about 1 month ago

Great story and great chapter!! Please keep going at whatever pace work for you! 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I like the fact that, unlike most of this subgenre, the "lead" is female.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I really enjoy your creations. I'm sorry that trolls have "rained on your parade". Sadly miserable people like to make others miserable too. Thanks again for your submission it was great and it gets 5 stars and I plan on reading again.

Falstaff60Falstaff60about 1 month ago

Great story so far. Interesting that you are including the possible incompatibility of already existing married partners. Could this save a doomed marriage? We'll see.

Don't stress the language haters. Xenophobia comes in many forms. This may or may not be an expression of that issue. Interesting the pronunciation of Hawaiin words. Very similar the Finnish in that every vowel and consonant are pronounced most of the time. Keep up the good work.

MakdaddyMakdaddyabout 1 month ago

a great foundation to this story -

ignore the language haters, likely they are simply looking for stroke first style stories

The added dynamic of Mal and Gwen is an interesting one - interested to see where this goes

Teacher44Teacher44about 1 month ago

Keep doing what you are doing and screw the haters. To respond to Maximus' question, I am Entertained!

dapidapiabout 1 month ago

Been there back in the early 80's My next move will be to that atoll where Capt Jack Sparrow kept his rum stash.

ParsimoniousPersimmonParsimoniousPersimmonabout 1 month ago

This is definitely one of my favorite of the QT spin offs. I really like the complexity you are introducing in the characters. Having Gwen be ace (or maybe more?) is going to stir things up a bit.

Ignore the idiots. Haters gonna be dipshits. I really do not get the "I didn't like it so no one else can either!" What is this? Kindergarten?

I hope you can get your family schedule back on track. Schedule changes can really derail things for a while.

Take care of yourself first!

RidalasRidalasabout 1 month ago

Really enjoying this take on the quaranteam universe. Here in Scotland, the word skoosh means a little bit/thing I.e. skoosh of water with ma dram!

AZTT2AZTT2about 1 month ago

Really good. I think skosh is GI Japanese

JJohnsonIIIJJohnsonIIIabout 1 month ago

5 stars! An excellent addition to an already excellent story. While we hate to wait on updates we understand.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Sorry for the stress in your life.

YOUR STORY is very interesting. The Hawaiian references are very interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Here's hoping you and yours are well!!!! You should take it to heart that only those readers who take themselves way too seriously considered their remarks about the language lessons to be anything more than their vote on the subject and the rest of us would happily accept your decision on the matter. But... I have always thought that a skosh is just a hair more or less than a smidge. That's okay, it's all copacetic. Also, I believe that no other writer in the QTU gets so many comments so quickly as you. That should, in itself, be a meaningful indicator of your reader's encouragement. And, I sincerely hope you are not coming down with Island Fever. I've been told that could be a real downer. Please continue!!!!!

Raphael76Raphael76about 1 month ago

Iā€™m a fan of all the QT tales and really enjoying this one. But what a cliffhanger! More please!

WargamerWargamerabout 1 month ago

Interesting, so Oracle picked up on Gwenā€™s problems, but will it mean after the bonding thatā€™s the question?

Scores5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

5 *

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

I am so happy to have found that others are spinning off the original Quaranteam stories! Youā€™ve done a really great job - I love the characters and learning a bit abt Hawaiā€™i as we go. Thank you!!

gydcgreen54gydcgreen5426 days ago

Excellent story and writing; I am really looking forward to seeing where your tale goes. The only MINOR suggestion is that I think the Glossary is unnecessary; when reading, the words I don't know I simply skip over. I can usually get a sense of what is meant; I realized it's the way people talk in Hawaii, but in my opinion, not needed. (POSSIBLY think about translating the words when you do the final proofreading/editing; put it into words that most people will understand. I think you've described the setting in Hawaii enough to stop using native words/slang.)

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

I love the story and also the Hawaiian references. Makes me want to visit even more. Thanks again and well done.

Scrappy58Scrappy5819 days ago

Really enjoying this story and looking forward to many more chapters.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

So... I believe the clues are all there, but have not been emphasized. It is my impression that Gwen will be tickled pink about certain aspects of sharing her wedding bed (and her man) with lots of other women. I won't get specific about my conclusion, but I think it will be a welcome change to to the story line. Please continue!!!!!

mfbridgesmfbridges6 days ago

I'll get specific, I think Gwen is a carpet muncher. Like leans more lesbian then Bi. Although it sounds like the shot will help at least. But I think she'll be bothering Evelyn and the other girls alot. I'd be ok, he'll have the other 2 girls anyway. I love the story alot though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDisquietCertitude@DisquietCertitude
Novice writer, living in the eroded and partly collapsed crater of an extinct volcano, surrounded by thousands of miles of open ocean. Wish I were still living on the side of an active volcano, surrounded by thousands of miles of open ocean! One of the folks writing a spinoff...