All Comments on 'Your Girlfriend Looks Like Me!'

by Devinter

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
WyndsofChangeWyndsofChange15 days ago

This was absolutely outstanding! It felt less like a story then an impromptu visit to Sweden, where I visited during midsummer, and met a lovely family, where the brother and sister were in love with each other. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this story! Personally, I don't know that a sequel is warranted because in my mind, they simply lived happily ever after. But if you do write a sequel, she really really needs to have his baby. Or babies. Those lovely parents need grandchildren!

newporter56newporter5614 days ago

Great story and there needs to be a second part, he's got to get her ass.

DevinterDevinter13 days agoAuthor

@WyndsOfChange - I do like the idea of them living happily ever after as well, and if I do write a second part, then perhaps that would be challenged as Greta is very much present at the campus in Lund, and she knows their secret. But as @Newporter56 wrote, there was a certain bit of set-up for a potential anal scene in the future, and I did that intentionally. I also wrote a couple of extra pages that I didn't end up using, as I felt like the story was long enough already - but that's not terribly unusual, and I'm fine if they never see the light of day. Glad you guys enjoyed the story!

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Frederic was an absolute ass hole to Greta. Could not get into the story because of that.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

You have a lot of long description of things and places which were not necessary for the plot. Also, you need a better early "hook" for the story so that the reader will be anxious to continue reading. However, the plot was interesting, and I would like to read more about this couple. They haven't even had actual intercourse yet. I would love to see how they navigate their relationship while attending the same university, so please continue this story!

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

It could have been a good story if not for the brother being portrayed as a piece of shit, lol.

DevinterDevinter13 days agoAuthor

@Anonymous - I agree, Greta was certainly not being treated right. I like writing characters that have flaws and make mistakes. It makes them seem more human, somehow. But I certainly do not condone this type of behaviour in real life - treat your partner with respect! As for the long descriptions, I wanted to paint a realistic picture of the midsummer holiday. All locations are real. However, most of my other stories are a lot more action-oriented and I find that to be more popular with most readers.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Well done.

A comment...both Fredrik and Charles language seems very formal. Having not read your earlier stories, I don't know if that your style (since English is presumably not your first language) or whether it was their chatacters.

Both men seem to fit the stereotype we have of the Swedes....taciturn, perhaps a bit dour. You created and described the mother's character very well in just a few sentences.

I think you were trying not give us a stereotypical Swedish family...so the fact they drove a Honda was surprise. I would expect a Volvo. Down to earth Charles would have a S60, nothing as extra any as a V90. When asked why he didn't buy a XC90 SUV, he would no doubt reply "Why would I want one, am I a cowboy in Wyoming".

I'm I correct in my characterization?

You spend a lot time introducing us to Swedish culture, which is interesting and different than most stories here. It helps us understand the characters more.

So, perhaps in your next story you could tell us about the general view of incest there. I'm sure it is like most other places, but given the reputation of Scandinavian countries being more open sexually, it might be a bit more accepted.

I would like to know if is legal, or if not legal per se, if it is tolerated. How will the children be received by friends. How open dare they be?

DevinterDevinter13 days agoAuthor

@Anonymous - In the rough draft, Charles did indeed drive a Volvo. However, I thought I might overdo it to the point where the characters might look like stereotypes if I pushed the Swedish aspect too far. It's not like every person in the country drives a Volvo. Hehe. Honda is a popular brand here as well, albeit not nearly as common as Volvo's. As for the speech sounding formal, it's unfortunately an issue I have in a lot of my stories. It's because that's how I talk. I even tried to tone it down in the final edit. I've gotten remarks about this before, and will strive to do even better. As for how accepted incest is here? Hmm.. Probably a bit more than elsewhere, but that doesn't mean it's something people are open with generally. It is illegal, technically, though it is rarely something taken to court if it's between consenting siblings - and I know two couples in person that quite openly are dating their sibling. Between parent and child, it's a much bigger deal.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Thank you for your reply. I look forward to the conclusion of the story.

As far as the formal language, don't worry it is not that big of an issue. With characters like Charles and Fredrik, it helps define their personalities.

TGL98TGL9812 days ago

Really well written, and in a poetic, slow burn kind of way. Good story, though I wish the second act was a little more fleshed out, but it's one of the best on this category for sure.

SatyrDickSatyrDick11 days ago

[23.04.24]

Sweet und Romantique!

11/10 Ligonberries!!!!!

DevinterDevinter11 days agoAuthor

@SatyrDick - Lingonberries are delicious! @TGL98 - I appreciate your comment. I cut out several parts of the 'second act' during the editing process because I felt there were too many pages between the sexual encounters, but some of the cut scenarios could be included in a potential follow-up chapter.

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemi11 days ago

Simply beautiful.

DevinterDevinter10 days agoAuthor

@Freya - Thank you, my friend. I treasure your input more than you know.

AverageBearAverageBear9 days ago

Very enjoyable story. I enjoyed the lovely sibling romance, fraught with believable angst, but I also was really intrigued by the insights into Swedish culture. This felt more like a genuine love story than a piece of trashy erotica that we often see on Lit. Well done!

DevinterDevinter9 days agoAuthor

@AverageBear - I am very happy to hear that! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Part 2 please, it’s very good, the character are believable and exciting, and it’s very sexy. I love a good romance, and I need to know how this story ends!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDevinter@Devinter
I am on this website to hone my penmanship and getting better at expressing myself vividly in the English language. I am 34 years old, from Sweden. What I write about does not necessarily reflect my real-life preferences, fetishes, desires, or even fantasies. A large amount o...