All Comments on 'A Box Of Rocks Pt. 04'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Ravey19Ravey1912 days ago

So much packed in, brilliant. Waiting breathessly for the next instalment. 5⛤ easily.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster112 days ago

This has gone from a good story, to a pretty good story to an amazing tale that touches so many bases and screams for its five stars !

It easily gets them.

If there were 10 stars available, it would easily get them also.

So now we sit and wait for the next part, hoping it will be soon.

The only VERY minor thing is labeling the parts, because it's a little bit confusing, but that may be something you can't control, and it certainly has no effect on the story itself.

So... waiting for the next 'box'...

...and, VERY nicely done !

JH4FunJH4Fun12 days ago
Not enough can be said on how good this series is to consume.

I really enjoy reading your tales. This series is a great vision into the world of music. I have been blessed to be around some musicians who have made it big. As well as some who just hang on too long and the fell hard by the wayside. Others still never made it past the bar stage and are jut writing to get by.

I liked the fact that you told a tale from the point of view that did show some who made it and a few who did not. That made it more realistic for me.

My reason for giving it 5 Star rating was the emotional turn with cancer and the willingness to step up and help. My friends around Atlanta, GA, Nashville, TN and Columbus, OH have all stepped up for people in their area who have needed help. It just makes the world around them a better place and they do it without trying to get recognized for being good people.

Thanks for creating this series.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

pepepilotpepepilot12 days ago

Sometimes I struggle in my mind on rating stories. I'm not looking at writing style, or syntax, or all of the other things that people try to fuss about. I am only rating the story and sometimes they are just borderline of one rating or another. This one of the few stories that I knew what I was going to rate it before I got to the last line. IMHO, this story is a solid 5+ anyway you want to look at it. Thank you for the story so far, and know you have set a high bar for the remaining chapters. Thank you q for your fantastic effort!

waifwaif12 days ago

This story has been so much fun!!!!!

linnearlinnear12 days ago

Such a good read.

SBC97281SBC9728112 days ago

Alas, at the end of this installment, I feel somewhat inadequate in that all I can offer a five star review and many thanks.

The answer remains more rocks.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 days ago

And watches the ships that go sailing!

5

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Enjoying the hell out of your tale Q! The fundraiser reminded me of Knopfler's Teen Cancer Trust. Thank you for all your stories! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

RanDog025RanDog02511 days ago

Damn I'm loving this story! 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s. Thank you, excellent!

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

I feel like the first part was the story and rest has been an extended epilogue. It’s very well written, and the insights into the music industry are fascinating. But, where is this going? The only apparent conflict was resolved in part 1 or 2, can’t recall now. After she got drugged, it’s been all sunshine and moonbeams.

The writing is still at a high level. The characters are interesting. But when I compare this with Boston to Birmingham, it’s not even close. I genuinely have no idea where this story is going. What is the plot? The best way to describe it is an extended epilogue - happy ending with a few small setbacks that get quickly resolved.

That said, you’re an incredible writer. You’ve written some amazing stories. Perhaps you’ve just set the bar too high for me. This one, I’m left wanting. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe this all changes in the next chapter or five. But for the last couple chapters, I’ve felt like there’s no obvious direction.

SorchakSorchak11 days ago

Jeeze. It's spelled jeeze, not jez. And the 'modern man' goes all Victorian on his baby momma when he finds out she's 10 weeks along? Seriously. Dude needs to get with the times. I quit reading after that part.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 days ago

I so much want to give this one my top rating but can’t. All the music anthology plot lines are drowning out the relationship between the characters, especially Mason and Sasha. Is he a good father? When’s the wedding? Are they back to having sex again? What are their future professional and personal ambitions? More children? How is Al doing seeing her younger delinquent sister get her shit together with love and family while she continues the rock star life? 4.4*

waifwaif10 days ago

You can tell a story is great when the worst criticisms you hear are just nit-picking and whining over dumb stuff. I don't expect an author who writes a story to be intricately knowledgeable in every facet of the nuances of the MC's career field.

GardenshedGardenshed9 days ago

Enjoying this tale…… Just waiting for Sasha to F up again…….

Thanks for sharing, can’t wait for the next installment….

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

I just binge-read all 4 parts. Loved it. When is the next coming???

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

I'm a Man - Written by Steve Winwood, originally recorded by The Spencer Davis Group, covered by Chicago a couple of years later.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES