All Comments on 'The Mining Town'

by magnetarhanggliding

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
reader1000reader100012 days ago

Sweet story. Good character development with strong backstories. Excellent sense of place. Unsurprising but believable plot. Needs some proofreading for minor errors, mostly wrong word typos or spellcheck auto correct errors. Overall a good job. Thanks for your time and effort. Your lack of experience with lawyers and old mining town’s definitely did not show and your familiarity with auto repair and even with the relationships between wrecking yards and repair shops did. Well done and entertaining.

madtowncunilinguistmadtowncunilinguist12 days ago

Nice story! I really enjoyed it! Great character development and believable love angles...Patricia and John both seem very real in the way you've presented them. Normally I don't like when the story perspective shifts back and forth as you did here, first from John's perspective and then to Patricia's, but you made it work well. my only beef is in the editing, in some places you correctly refer to the thing under the hood of the car as the engine, but in the first 1/2 dozen references, you refer to it as the motor... But that minor problem didn't stop me from rating it five stars! Please keep up the good work! you're doing great as a writer. hope to see more flowing from your creative mind onto the keyboard!

bleeepbleeep12 days ago

Wouldn't change a thing. Just a solid, feel good story that left me with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. Perfect!!

MeanderlwcMeanderlwc12 days ago

Well written. Wonderful characters. Great story.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u12 days ago

Damn that was a great story. I travelled for my work, often driving by old homesteads and abandoned towns. Have also visited abandoned mines and the towns that went with them. Always found it fascinating.

One commentator mentioned the use of motor instead of engine, well in many parts the engine is referred to as a motor, hence the original term Motorcar.

Love how they both chose to turn to a more fulfilling life, also love how the town was slowly reinventing itself but not abandoning its former life.

Well done, 5 stars, cheers, Andy

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Nice story. I would have loved to see Mrs. Fertig guess who bought the engine for her. It should have been evidente to her.

StrictThursdayStrictThursday12 days ago

An excellent romance I appreciated the lighter tone compared to your earlier works, although they are all excellent and one has to wrote what the muse demands. I look forward to your next work; you’re an excellent writer.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Great Story, I’ll be watching for more

steppinontoessteppinontoes11 days ago

Very well written story

goodshoes2goodshoes211 days ago

A great, sweet love story set in a rustic old town trying to climb back up from near dead that contained real people.

As far as the "big city", I know the feeling having worked in New York City for a large part of my career. And I hated it every day while there. Retired early to a darn good life away from it all with a big smile on my face.

afosi2604afosi260411 days ago

The type of story that won't let you put it down until you've read it all. Well done.

HassieHassie11 days ago

Thanks! Enjoyed it immensely. Please keep writing so we can enjo y your talent

stewartbstewartb11 days ago

A very enjoyable and relaxing journey!

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Very much enjoyed, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Very enjoyable. I agree with your sentiments that you wrote at the end - not a lot of struggle, but sometimes good things happen to good people. And your story captured those good things.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

A well done romance. The characters had depth as people and each had a basically unselfish nature,

This was a story that made me love the characters as well a the plot.

Well done for a new author.

Note to the author. It is exciting to write well and to be recognized,

1) Don't burn yourself up.

2) When silly negative criticism comes, ignore it.

3) Comments sent to you privately that provide thoughtful ideas can help you improve immeasurably.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Very nice story reminded me of visiting some old mining towns in West Virginia check out Gilbert and ethe towns along the route to hickory North Carolina a very under estimated part of the world with some real good folks

Baldy74Baldy7410 days ago

Great read. 5*

woodrangewoodrange10 days ago

great story 5stars.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley119 days ago

This is the first of your stories I have read and it is first rate. I shall be looking out for more.

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Terrific, look forward to reading other stories of yours.

Ravey19Ravey198 days ago

I now realise why the score is high. A beautiful story beautifully told.

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodger8 days ago

This is something rarely found here, a love story. A story that allows the reader to fill in the blanks and not a fuck story that leaves you needing a shower. Very good work. Thank you.

magnetarhangglidingmagnetarhanggliding8 days agoAuthor

Thank you everyone for your comments! Whether criticism or support, I appreciate them all! When I started writing two months ago, I was hoping a few people would read my stories and not hate them too much. I'm absolutely blown away by all the support!

Cheers and love to all,

-MH

Cali_LoveCali_Love6 days ago

I agree 100% with The Artful Codger. Well done. 5*

waifwaif6 days ago

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you.

EmotionalEmotional1 day ago

Great story, thanks

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Woww! 😍

Such a beautiful story! Thank you so much! 😊

Just one thing: Hope Rob"s variance application got approved

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagnetarhanggliding@magnetarhanggliding
Hi Folks, I’d like to thank everyone that has taken the time to read my stories. As I mentioned in my first one, The Lonely Girl, I haven’t written anything outside of work emails, etc. for many, many, years. The support I have been given by many of you to this brand-new story...