All Comments on 'Quaranteam Aotearoa Ch. 01'

by percheron

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
alsithalsith13 days ago

Nice to see you able to go live with this mate. :)

AZTT2AZTT213 days ago

Great start!

tjb50caltjb50cal13 days ago

its an intense start, but your fellow authors are still giving you bad advice with the mentioned pos politicians, keep it to good military humor and great freaky sex with more future content...

HotRodLincoln69HotRodLincoln6913 days ago

Great start!!!!!!

Can’t wait for further chapters!!!!!!

SlofredSlofred13 days ago

This story from another excellent perspective. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and skill with the rest of us. Patiently(not) waiting for the next 5 star chapter.

DisquietCertitudeDisquietCertitude13 days ago

Congratulations, Percheron, I'm so stoked to see this finally posted. It's a great start to what is gonna be a great addition to the Quaranteam-verse.

You've been waiting so patiently for the main story to reach the critical point, and it's so great to finally be able to give you the recognition you deserve, mate!

5 stars and a positive comment!

UnknownUser1234UnknownUser123413 days ago

Great start. Looking forward to more of the same

OtterlyMindblowingOtterlyMindblowing13 days ago

Been waiting for this one!

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

A great start. A few missing words here and there which broke the flow for me a little. Regarding (gasp) politics, I'm reminded of the adage about a group of politicians asked to design a mode of transport to be known as a "horse". Their first attempt resulted in a creature with one hump now called a "camel", to which a group protested, so they went back to the drawing board and then came along the two-hump animal, also often called a "camel". Then the military got involved and hence the "Zebra" with its Black and White stripes was born, as there could be no grey, red, yellow or any other offensive colour of camouflage. So yeah, every politician has their supporters and opponents. If it's needed for context (such as the lack of doing its job as described here,) then it's fine in my view. If it's a political diatribe with some sex as window dressing, it's a hard no and a one-star rating. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Shaqjor477Shaqjor47713 days ago

So happy to see your story go public!!! Nice job!!

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Very good start, great even once it got past the choppy start and found its flow. I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter.

zymralzymral13 days ago

Throughly enjoyed this! It was probably one of the better starts for the series. I am excited to read more from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Your hero has heard (well, read, at least) about Oracle, so I'm sure that all partners will be totally compatible. No worries.

lokisluckwritinglokisluckwriting13 days ago

Great start and and love the other view point of a very tragic event in the QT universe. Allowing a ray of hope to be seen.

NursesNurses13 days ago

You left out some authors I am reading. 32 inch, lokisluckwriting, and disquiet certitude. I read all of you. Getting ready to read yours. Yes, I already read the episode that leads into your work.

NursesNurses13 days ago

Definite 5. And excellent editing. If I were looking for a fault it would be your use of decimate. Decimate means to kill 1 in 10. If you kill 3 or 4 out of 10 that is something much worse. But people misuse that word a lot.

Oh, and sometimes plans go BETTER than expected. Not very often, but it does happen. Things like no guards posted and they are all, 100%, taking a nap.

Carnes8004Carnes800412 days ago

Great start. Stay safe.

OtterlyMindblowingOtterlyMindblowing12 days ago

@tjb50cal

Not sure what military folks you’ve been hanging around, but his advice team has multiple veterans on it who agree that politics forms a significant percentage of military humor (alongside That One LT, barracks/tent/field conditions, AR670-1, alcohol and strippers, and seeing how much cussing can happen in one sentence). I can guarantee you that every National Guardsman who has to out on MOPP-4 for Duo Halo decon/delivery/corpse retrieval curses the name of Trump daily for the 2018 dismantling of the Pandemic Response team (despite the arguable amount of effect they could have had on this particular crisis)

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

This would be 6 stars if there was a way.

- Anonymous One

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy6712 days ago

I've read every story in the Quarenteam Universe by all the authors and this seems like it could be one of the best storylines yet.

I can't wait to see how the pairing up without Oracle works out, I hope well.

Anyway 5 stars for this chapter and I hope to read more soon.

PS, please try to limit the political bashing that some authors over do, but this old Veteran always enjoys military humor.

Thank you

FyreHeartFyreHeart12 days ago

@nurses while you are technically correct about decimation, it originates from Latin and is translated to every 10th, more modern entomology, however, from about the 1600s on as to "destroy a large but indefinite number of" or as Merriam-Webster defines it:

3 a: to reduce drastically, especially in number or

b: to cause great destruction or harm to

FyreHeartFyreHeart12 days ago

tjb50cal - what bad advice has been given?

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Welcome! And thank you for a relatively long read! Please continue!!!!!

Teufel67Teufel6711 days ago

Great story! Can’t wait for thé next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

I first learned of the QT universe when accessing this new story. It looks like if could spawn a whole new genre.

Not quite sure where it will proceed from here, but I am enjoying the NZ location. I was at Sky Stadium two nights ago, so it’s very relevant, and scary. I look forward to forthcoming episodes.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

New Zealanders are really bad at using decimate when I think they mean novemate (nine out of ten). Please excuse my Latin.

The bad usage is genuine Kiwi mate.

ccstanccstan11 days ago

Great story so far I am looking forward to the next episode

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Very nice

ParsimoniousPersimmonParsimoniousPersimmon11 days ago

Yay! Another spin off! QT just gets better and better. Keep up the great work! Definitely five stars.

SpeedyPSpeedyP11 days ago

A great start one of my favorites in the qt universe.

The only one i lost the nerve on was the british bbc one.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Awesome another author to the Quaranteam party! A very great start! Thanks for bringing us the Kiwi perspective!

cindyp1976cindyp197611 days ago

I really liked it, it was a great start to I hope a continuing story

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Possible scenario for the next chapter:

Caleb goes home with a dozen or so eager women, including his wife. He and his wife have sex, and they both fall into a regenerative coma. Which, of course, isn't even mentioned on the one page leaflet that is all those other women have available. All help desks are down; the Internet is probably overloaded. Could be an interesting time for his new harem; would definitely allow them the opportunity to get to know each other a bit.

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

To tjb50cal - isn't POS supposed to be capitalized?

CherrypahhaCherrypahha4 days ago

I like it. Great start!

cfp33pfccfp33pfc3 days ago

Great start - welcome to the party! Thanks for writing.

GrttrnGrttrn3 days ago

Good start looking forward to see where it goes

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Well up there with the other DuoHalo stories. I especially enjoy entries which move away from the USA,

I wonder if anyone's working on stories from non-Anglophone countries - other than the present Russian one. It would be best if they were written by a native or, at least, a long-term resident. (that's my opinion anyway - lol)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous