All Comments on 'Suspicion Ch. 14-15'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 213 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
a great cheating wife story

A great cheating wife story with a unique and original plot.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
Very Good!

Just listen to the keyboards tapping away. The cucks won't like the story because the husband didn't do what they wanted. The voyeurs won't like it because the husband didn't watch what was going on. The 'torch the bitch' crowd won't like it because, well , he didn't 'torch the bitch'. Readers like myself who want to read a drama about how a husband fights and wins back his wife we will like it. the casual reader probably will like it but for different reasons. As for me I think it is a well written story that took us on a fictional journey through a difficult time in a marriage. Would I do the same as the husband, perhaps not. But it's not my story. Anyway thank you for writing. i personally have tried to write a long story with lot's of chapters but I just don't have patients.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great story

I loved the story and wouldn`t change a bit of it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Came out well!

Enjoyed it all the way, more men than women cheat and if none of them were given a second chance, divorce would be a lot higher. Thanks for the effort.

fumundacheezefumundacheezeover 15 years ago
Uh Ohhh!

""and Lord, thank you for Paul, the wisest and finest man I've ever known. Thank you for giving him strength when I was weak; for his forgiveness and fortitude to bring our family back together as it should have always been. And let me live in such a way, that every day I show Paul and the children my love, that I earn their trust and affection, and that I am never tempted to stray from the rock that is my happiness and life, Paul. Amen."

When the prayers start, it ain't long until the spiritual side takes over and the pussy will stop for EVERY MAN. Usually a religious woman will disavow sex like it is a thing never ever to be had again

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Quality story

PostScriptor, I thoroughly enjoyed

the story but realistically I think

most men would have divorced their

wife under this type of scenario.

Kathy came across as self centered,

self absorbed and totally unappealing.

She didn't seem to give a rat's ass

about her husband, her marriage or

her kids.

It was still an entertaining

story though ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well Done

ending, in keeping with the whole story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Top tier

This story belongs up there with some of the better cheating tales at the site. I have only been a reader for about a year but have probably read almost every cheating wife story.

I am not into the ones where the husband gets off on it or brings down death or something close to it on the cheaters. Leaving those types out, this story would for me be about an 88%. Absolutely great start at Literotica; please keep submitting.

JennyBearJennyBearover 15 years ago
All's Fair In Love and War!

I had left Lit for some time because of the dearth of good submissions with a unique story line. I really dislike it when the husband is unbelievably forgiving. Some of you might think this is one of those instances. Quite the opposite he exacted his price from both of them. Alvaron asked why he exacted his revenge on Kathy if he was going to forgive her. Paul wanted his family whole again but part of his being cried out for vengeance. His character was very human with all the inherent flaws that come with it.

I realize that the characters were defined for the most part in the original work. However, I would have liked to see you make Karl a little more dastardly. It might have made me feel a little more sympathetic to Paul and his OTT retribution.

Also I felt CH. 14-16 to be somewhat anti-climatic, you might have included them with the previous day's submission.

It was an excellent story, thank you for taking the time to write.

I do have a question for Alvaron: How do you get the paragraph breaks?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Story

Lots of people take issue, but what a great way to save a family, have fun with a hurtful situation, get a measure of satisfaction, and live happily ever after. I enjoyed it. Fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Excellent Work

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your material. Please keep up the good work. It was one of the better stories I have read in a while.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Great Read

The truth is that overall it was fine continuation of the original tale. If you accept that this is a possible reality, then it explains the violent reaction of many of the readers and the large percentage of divorces. Reconciliation takes a lot of work! The victim has to have great emotional control and lots of patience! My only criticism is that we should have seen Kathy working hard to restore the balance. One does get the feeling that Paul pulled it off all by himself.

<P>

I put a captial P surrounded by the arrow head brackets <P> with vertical spacing before and after when I want a paragraph break. It usually works in the final posting though the preview runs it all together. Let's see if it does work!

zed0zed0over 15 years ago
Awful Long Wimp Story

Just goes to show that even wimps can get revenge and still maintain their "wimpyness." At least it was well written.

kelchakelchaover 15 years ago
Thanks

Good story and very enjoyable. Look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Ok, well written & the reconcilation crowd ....

loved it. A summarization of others "comments" is an indicator of how the general population sees it. Most of us would not spend the energy or time to let the slut wife come back & reconcile [torch the bitch is a very realistic option],and the "wimp husband crowd" is happy with the ending even though they are so "fucked up" in their mindset. The man-haters see total justification of the outcome and the idiot authors like BT [bonnietaylor & sidekicks] see the end justifying the means [what a bunch of losers]. No matter who the commentator is the fact remains the author's efforts need to be recognized for the effort & time to develop such a detailed excuse to take back a slut wife. From that perspective - well done!

Author - "a challenge" - take on "Carmyn's baby" by JPB and see if you can mirror your efforts as extracted from this particular sorry story!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
‘cheating with license to save the marriage’ -

– come again?

Reading the story, I was reminded of a statement said as half a joke: “I have to leave you in order to save the marriage". It's funny not only because it's an oxymoron bur because some things, you simply can't do alone ... being married being one of them. Together with the title come the essential defining requirements of married life, which if violated may not automatically 'void' the married status, but seriously damage it- say, like cutting portions of a the trunk of a tree...<P>

The implied author seems to be working hard - mostly to convince himself I think, that certain such oxymorons can survive both logic and life ( like leaving you to save the marriage or cutting the trunk to save the tree). <P>

Many comments alluded to the problem that both main characters are highly unattractive. As a result it's very difficult to empathize with either, and in turn one starts losing interest or feeling unengaged with the story. <P>

The problem I pointed to at the first paragraph is somewhat different. The premise of the story - building or fixing relations or marriage by "doing the opposite" i.e. taking active steps to destroy it or agreeing for them to take place - is such an overwhelming absurd that it boggles the mind that such a blatant improbability could actually guide not simply a short story, but a long submission. <P>

Let me make it clear, there is no evidence that such approach works, and from what people intuitively feel - the ‘rational’ of the husband for allowing this sabotage of the marriage to go on, has so many wholes I am not even going to start counting them. However - if the author came with his own internal reasoning - and was able to “sell” them to the readers as somehow unique case - it might have been at least a good story. What happens instead is an escalation of less and less probable parts of “the plan” which gradually make the story read more and more as a dark farce. I seriously doubt that this is where the author was trying to lead us to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A Good Story

It was a good revenge and reconciliation add-on to the original. I look forward to more from you. Thanks.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 15 years ago
Very well written story

I waited until all were posted and read this series in one sitting. This is a very well written series, regardless of whether you agree with the outcome of the story. PS's style reminds me a little bit of Creamer's.<p>In terms of plot, "The Plan" was quite clever. Interesting that Paul never burned off a piece on the side, even though he had the opportunity to do so. The other positive about this series is that PS stayed consistent with the characters developed in the original two chapters.

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDover 15 years ago
A better ending but 'The Plan'....

drives this story into the fantasy genre. Look, Kathy gave Paul a terrible and false choice - accept his position as No, 2 or else. She was not emotionally confused she was a selfish child! Paul was No. 2 since they had been together 16 years and were raising kids and lo comes Karl and in a few weeks he and Karl are equals? So Paul launches this

'Plan' to get her back and pay back Karl. There are so many things that could go wrong with elements of the Plan it is worse than a Missions Impossible script. For example, Paul's insiders could have easily gave up Kathy. After all anyone who is willing to get a promotion using those underhanded tactics would be better served by exposing Kathy's wrongdoing, forcing her to leave and then being rewarded with the coveted position. Why risk things on an emotionally crippled husband? What bothered me the most about the 'Plan' was the pure deceit involved. In the end (with Kathy praying to God thanking Him for Paul) Paul was more dishonest and despicable than either Karl or Kathy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE & WAR

Nice story and well written. I guess you could say that feeding your wife esctasy, giving her an STD and getting her fired was just a little of the payback that she had to endure for putting him through all the pain. Even though parts of the story were a little out there, like the ones I just mentioned, on the whole, the story was pretty consistent. Although, Paul would have to have been an emotionally strong and self aware person. Most people, especially men, when they get hurt they get mad because it makes them feel like they are more in control. Unfortunately, they usually aren't thinking too straight and do something stupid like shoot the bastards. After Paul calmed down and listened to his counselor he decided he wanted his wife back and then devised a plan to get her back and then methodocally and unemotionally implemented it. Some would say he was a wimp but it takes more balls to fight for his family than to walk away and cry. Well Done, I really enjoyed it. Karl got what he deserved for taking something that wasn't his. He probably drinks a lot now in some run down bar in a small town. I wouldn't want you coming after me.

grogers7grogers7over 15 years ago
Dark humor revenge

Without striking a blow, Paul smites his enemy. The truly modern warrior: intelligence vs. physical force, craft vs. confrontation. And all of that with some humor, dark humor, LOL dark humor. Some say Paul was a wimp; I say he was a goal oriented man of great strength and love beyond what most of us know. A family hero.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I am sick in my gut

Admire the plot line and skill of writing. Appreciate the time it took to write. Have intense dislike of the values it exhibits. The cheating the wife did is destructive to relationships. It is destructive in my value system not because one man's property is being shared but the non sharing and hidden emotions that occur. The things that are done for revenge because of the cheating are far worse than the wife's original transgression ever could be. Giving her the clap that takes mega doses of antibiotics. That kind of dosage of antibiotics has drastic effects on gut flora and all kind of health issues in the long run. He is worse than her and far less honest. His betrayal is much greater. If I had the time to write again ( I have been a published author) I would write a story in which she did find out what he had done and those consequences. He does not deserve his happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
good result ?

there was the wife that did all this stuff, just cheating on paul. she had no qualms in what she did BEFORE, and AFTER, she had none to continue, but in the open. now, that is love for paul.

he plots to get them, and did. separating them was ok, and revenge. for me, she would not have stopped, but for what paul did. that measure of love she says she had is questionable. he had meredith's card and did not even see what kind of option that was.

her cheating went to extremes and leaving her to him was the better choice, esp where merdith told him he DID have options. in the end, quite personal, and ability to put the actions in perspective

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Read - Great ending

This was an excellent read... In real life, I think it would certainly have ended badly and much earlier... I thoroughly enjoyed the ending you gave it though. I look forward to more stories by you. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
A few comments, some good, some bad.

One reveiwer said more men cheat than women. I find that an interesting stat. I guess they get it by saying some men cheat with men and therefore there are less women involved. Actually in most cases housewifes have more opportunity to cheat than any others. And since sometimes women cheat with women I guess the gay issue doesnt disturb the stats. I find it difficult to think a man cheats without a woman, or without a man. (Lot of busy sheep out there I guess.) Your ending is good, but no better than the original. This woman was a hardcore cheater and liar. She lied by omission to her husband, totally disrespected him, and placed both of them in harms way by physical, financial, and medical risk. I would never have even considered reconciling with her and definately never touched her after I knew she was fucking and sucking someone else. Her flat statement I love you and I love him is a deal breaker, if it were true each man only gets half of her love. Personally I dont think the revenge was over the top in any of the actions. And contrary to a reveiwers statement, unless you are dealing with the drug resistant variety, the clap can usually be cured by one shot. And almost all orally taken antibiotics for any illness kill the flora and fauna in the gut, and can bring on anice fungal based infection around the urinary opening. Trust was never really taken into consideration in this story, and watching a spouse 24/7/365 is a major pain in the ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
who

Who was the real fool the husband of course,he resorted to trickery to get her back her sister and her kids couldn't get her to leave karl. So in the end she came back after screwing karl all she wanted and the husband think he won something he did a slut who openly screwed her lover in front of her co-workers and family.GREAT STORY BUT IN REAL LIFE SHE WOULD BE HISTORY AND GONE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Nah

It's not about punishment, or retribution, or even a reckoning. A good marriage is something to fight for. When one partner fucks around, for whatever reason, it's no longer a good marriage....the trust is gone, the faith is gone, and love got kicked in the ass badly. In your story you lay out how a man fought hard to hang onto the woman who turned her back on her husband and her kids, and all for a fuck! Who is seriously still "in love" with someone they haven't seen in 20 years, especially when they've been married to someone else during that time? Who trashes a lifetime over some strange dick, and what man would want to be with a woman who did that? You wrote an inventive story; it's not believable, not really plausible, and doesn't even take into consideration the next long lost fuck the "loving wife" will step out with.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 15 years ago
I just discovered this fun story . . .

We must remember this story represents fantasy land vengeance. As such, males who are partial towards the male character getting even with the man who illicitly fucked his wife will generally like this type of tale. I certainly did. Frankly, considering how many men would think it's perfectly OK to shoot the lover and cheating wife (when catching them in the act), and considering that such was legal in a number of states not that many years ago, I feel that a little Ecstasy plus a bit of Gonorrhea served up hot are not that big a deal. Obviously using them is immoral and illegal. And I recall being taught in elementary school that two "wrongs" don't make a "right." But it is so much more satisfying to go instead with "An eye for an eye," isn't it? At least in the Nirvana of a story that is purely fiction? I do admire the originality (although not the length) of this alternative yarn. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Now I see why ....

author had to premise tale on far out behaviors.I forgive completely since the "plan" was such a wonderful and well constructed plot device.And cleverly unique.For me if the investment and ties are that deep,much better to have wife truly remorseful and eating out of my hand, than eating out of a dumpster.I'd probably go for the alienation of affection money from "Hot Karl"-(get it, all you sex fiends)-just for start-up money.Pistolpackinpete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Sorry I dont like the ending, or for that matter

what led up to the ending. The wife had for all intents and purposes left the marriage and was pursuinig an affair with another man while allowing her husband and family to wallow on the side. She did everything a worthless slut can do to her marriage and yet, he loves her and takes her back, give me a break. As soon as he knew of this he should have given her a choice, the guy or her family and kids. To do anything else is to remove all love, caring, respect, and dignity from the marriage. It isnt a matter of male ego. It isnt a matter of being a cuckold. It isnt a matter of letting her get her itch out. It is a matter of her being and adult, married, with children. She abandoned all of this for a flign with a childhood sweetheart who abandoned her before. Some people are mentally challenged, to use the pc term. This woman is just fucking crazy and deserved divorce and being removed from her children for their good. Get his revenge on both of them, then drop her off on a street corner downtown where she can earn her hotel room rent. You can love a person and still cut them out of your life and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
The previous "Anon" spelled it out very clear ....

This slut wife did not deserve to get back together with the husband. As previously said, the ending was contrived to achieve the almighty "reconciliation at any cost" in a very long writing effort. The male was desperate to take the whore back without any real justifiable reason. Frankly, the kids would most likely be better off without all the drama these two adults inflicted upon them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Not So Unbelievable

I agree with almost all of the posts, from the "don't like" and unbelievably unrealistic to the "loved it" and believable, and all between. As fiction, it's quite unbelievable, but real life is very often much stranger than fiction. The wife's behavior and excuses, and The Plan, seem outrageously and unbelievably unrealistic, but the fact is there really are women/wives that can and do behave the way this wife did, and men/husbands that would try such plans. Most of us hear about these kinds reported stories now and then but dismiss them as rare aberrations or exaggerations if not outright untruths. They may not be so rare after all, though. Congrats for a well written and well plotted story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
why is it the black men did it

it sad that black men came along and gangbang her.do this sound like the women in s.c and pa.always the black man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
excellent story

one of the best stories that i have read on literotica. write some more like this....intelligent construction of the whole story.....loved it....

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
HOW COULD

How could anybody spend that much time writing a story about an idiot who had to use trickery to get his wife to stop fucking another man and then try to make every thing allright because she is back with him. Must be something new because most people would just do what was done in the first installment of this story and get rid of the slut if a husband and kids who love you are not enough then get.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hard to review this one

Your writing skills are wonderful. The story made prefect sinse and flowed well. But I have to question if any man would really find himself in that position. He had his balls cut off in front of everybody they knew. And the revenge he took out on his wife and lover was the best I have every heard of. But how could any man respect himself by taking her back. And I wonder if her prey at the end of the story would be so heart felt of she knew all the shit that he put her through. Seems this marriage is built on clay and will fall apart quicker than you think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Very well written

Although, in all honesty, I have to say I don't completely agree with how your characters resolved their problems, your writing is so enjoyable I couldn't stop reading.

I have read all of your submissions and enjoyed them all.

Please write more soon

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great Story

I can't say that I would have gone to the trouble to "win back" a cheating wife but I REALLY enjoyed your story. To quote Hannibal from the A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together!" Looking forward to checking out the rest of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I agree

You spent a lot more time and effort than she did, and a lot more than she was worth. But good read, thanks.

jiminabjiminabalmost 14 years ago
Much better

Your story was much better than the original ending. It was a very good read as a story. Very well done. Loved the way the hubby's plan came together. I did not like the reconciliation at the end although I like reconciliation stories. Her actions and attitude were way too much for me. Aside for the children I would have loved to see him leave at the end. She really suffered no consequinces from her actions other than loosing her job. (and maybe her reputation) But even that would reflect on him. Anway, thank you for a good read. Might want to try a book. Your expansion of the first story suggests that that is possible. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I liked it

I have read a number of different endings for this story, but yours was the best and most satisfying.

jimmyravinejimmyravineover 13 years ago
Wow!

Now that was a fun read. I am amazed at some of the plot devices that you came up with. Incredible. The best of the Suspicion related stories, BY FAR!! Thanks for all your time and efforts in bringing this to us.

JR

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yes, absolutely, WOW !!

From a west coast UK man to a Western USA man, congratulations on a fabulous read. A fiendish plot. I much preferred your alternative Chapter 2 and the route it took us on. The amount of thought and sheer hard work that goes into a story series such as this is no minor task, and we readers should applaud you.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
albeit distasteful in real-life, from a technical standpoint it was very interesting although pretty long-winded

It was easily picked up in Chapter 2 that he was crazy. It was confirmed when he went to that football game and was laughing at his approaching wife and the thought of his revenge, and some guy commented that he thought hubby had gone crazy. I can see that you as the author wouldn't put up with this in your life; and you're just flashing the spotlight on the alternative to show it for the real craziness that it is. How can a wife not be ashamed and stop? How can a husband allow his wife to be shared? How much sex can a lover in the afair expect? In real life of course women will either stop or most men will walk away. And affairs cannot run on sex alone, because the truth is that they'll stop without emotional bonds or the cheater will find more sexual partners to stoke the fires.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Well written although incomplete. It needs another two page chapter. In that chapter

Paul arranges for Karl to have a fatal "accident" and for his "loving" cheating slut of a wife to hang herself. Awwww, too bad she couldn't live with Karl gone.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Brilliant

Nicely woven tale written so we could maintain our sympathy for karen

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well done - plot & technical aspects but the slut still got away with it, no real consequences.

Hell of job, author! Not enough revenge for our taste because she comes out of the whole deal with forgiveness & her marriage in-tack. In essence, a slut who has a full-blown public affair -with no lasting recriminations [willing cuckhold?]. And docile weak husband who did not have enough brains to get some on the side to balance the scales - that part is disappointing indeed. And the kids have these two idiots as role models - no wonder the world is so jacked!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
trust

The last chapter had them in a changed situation. There are other men for her to have contact with, and trust repaired? Better to modify life without her than have a knawing lack of trust.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Brillant alternate conclusion to the original story....

I like you ending better than any of the others I have read. But, I still think that after the asshole was out of the picture that Paul should have destroyed her completely and kicked the bitch out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Story

Far the best of all the endings. Your hero punished his wife and her lover, as he at the same time preserved his family.

size14shoesize14shoeabout 13 years ago
He did not just "take her back"

Without the ruse of compromise/"reconcilliation" there is no "Plan." Without The Plan there is no story. It doesn't matter what "most men" would do, the man in this story chose to try get revenge via a ruse that envolved his wife coming back home "for a while." The author spun one of the most complex and enjoyable reconclilliation/revenge stories I've found on all of Lit.

The wife was confronted with an extraordinary and rare situation and she made a bad choice. She was wrong in her actions but she was not a whore and slut who went looking for another man to get her kicks with. Her decision to try and hide her affair from her husband was foolish as he could look at her face and see right through her.

He did kick her out. He did impose sanctions on her. He did take action like a man, not a wimp. His decision to take her back was not made until much later after he saw her demonstrate repeatedly her love for him.

I wonder what kind of people would choose to punish the wife at the expense of his own desires and happiness. Most of the anonymous comments that rail for severly punishing the wife seem to come from the kind of psychopathic people who are driven to exercise the death penalty to anyone who dares to -- in their view -- disrespect them.

While some are not and some are borderline IMNSHO this wife was worth keeping and trying to make a go of it with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
On her nexr affair you may not fair as well

Cheaters cheat, mentailly ill people are mentally ill. And to live with her that long under those conditions had it gone to court his staying with her constitutes his acceptance of the affiair, that would not have gone down well. And who wants a used piece of trash anyway, the new blonde bombshell would have brought new excitement into his life. Not the nightly reminders in his head of how little she respected and loved him and sought our, intentionally or not, to humiliate and betray him and her marriage and family. Husband or Wife cheaters can never be trusted again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
No remorse from an unfaithful wife

Where did she say "I'm sorry for giving up my marriage vows, cuckolding and cheating on you behind your back. Had you not caught me, I would have continued cheating to this day." Not cheating never once entered her mind, she did not deserve reconciliation.

Too bad you turned off scoring. Scoring would have been impossible though, Lit doesn't allow negative numbers.

I have to think there are other and different endings, somewhere on here, that are much more rational and sensible than this one. I can't see myself or anyone I know handling a similar display of infidelity such as depicted here in the manner you have written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great ending.

Karl destroyed, wife remorsful, family preserved, and the hero is victorious.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
and can I say that while your story is well told

the ending should have talked about all the times Paul ate Karl's creampies. How the kids aren't his, they belong to the milkman and postmen. How when they were in DC the bell boy shagged that ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Pathetic ending!!

Wonder when he gets STD from his cheating slut lying wife. Reconciliation..hog wash. But, I guess since he is as stupid as this tale makes out, he deserves it.

Setsuna56Setsuna56over 12 years ago
Not bad

Certainly better than the other one for sure and I think the wife suffered enough sooooooo Great job!

MystykOneMystykOneover 12 years ago
sorry

i really like your writing, i enjoy your characters to a point....

BUT im sorry, it makes the husband a cuckold wimp. even after destroying her lover he never even really got an apology from her. and trust was FULLY broken. in this place im supposed to say some platitude like 'he is a better man then me...' but he isnt. she needs at least to experience a separation with limited visiting for a period of time the affair lasted....then i might have started talking about reconciliation. and only after she perceived me with someone else(tho i might or might not have actually done it). as it sits he is a wimp about it. and to tellya the truth i may be old fashioned but i take my wife and i's vows very seriously. my wife and i discussed fidelity before we got together and have discussed it since. we have watched marriages fail around us left and right. and infidelity is a big reason. whether on male or female side(tho males do it more it is harder on the man when the wife does it....it has to do with emotional attachment and sex. mars and venus). my wife is aware what would happen if she strays. im not possessive but i am paranoid. i check,she dont worry about me. my character precludes cheating.

again....you are a skilled writer but your plots need balance. this ending just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. i love the main character....but lost the thread of him when her meekly accepted her back. the character as i initially read him seemed stronger than that.

hope yer ok with constructive criticism. and there are a lot of people who will love your story the way it is written....but that makes me wonder about the mindset of those that like it. unconscious or conscious need for absolution? or permission? 'see my partner will take me back if i stray'....and that is icky.

thanx

Mystyk

racoon1174racoon1174over 12 years ago
I feel sorry for u guys

I have to say I feel sorry for you guys who can only see strength in a man who runs out of his marriage instead of fighting for it. Especially in this (somewhat iplausible) case where it's set up that the wife isn't just out looking for strange. Should he have scorched the earth, ruined his children's childhoods, become a once every 2 weeks dad and ended up paying for the house his wife fucks her lover in. Or should he stay and fight, prove he's the better lover, stronger man and defeat his rival on every level.

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Very Good!

I have to say you surprised me, you actually made reconciliation possible without being total unrealistic about it.

Nonetheless your tale had a few weaknesses:

1.) Karl the bad guy. Sadly you lost the ambiguity his character had in the original tale, where he was the tragic figure and not just the run off the mill bad guy.

2.) The double turn of the Husband, from loving husband to cold executioner back to loving husband is not entirely logic. I at least would have a big problem accepting my wife sleeping with somebody else, no matter what plan I have in the backhand.

3.) The Wifes total stupidity. Her believe her husband, or any man for that matter, would go along in her stupid 'just share me' scheme. Thats just not the way healthy men are hardwired.

Still somehow you managed to make your turn of events halfway believable, and whats more important: Your End is much, much more satisfying then any other I read for this story, including the original ending (which btw was one of the worst endings of a story i've ever read)

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
Racoon I agree to disagree

Why do you have to fight another man to keep your wife. Rememebering that she said I do to her husband not Karl. So why fight, she said herself she would divorce Paul if he was with another woman. So why fight, why go threw all this to keep a woman that isn't fighting for her own marriage.

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 12 years agoAuthor
Just a reminder for my readers...

Wrote this quite some time ago, but I still get a smile out of the readers comments.

A quick reminder: most of the 'dislike' comments are rooted in the 'there is no good reason for him to try to get her back', or 'forced reconciliation' issues. I actually agree with that sentiment and always have, but... Isn't there always a 'but'!

In the original story, the author's character took the position that (for whatever reason) this was the ONLY woman who could make him happy. Ridicules! Was she Helen or something?

For purposes of the story, though, I accepted this original premise, and said, 'well, if only one woman could make him happy, then why didn't he fight for her?"

Consequently, I shape the story to provide for reconciliation, since that was the only way that the main character could be happy again. But I wasn't going to let either the boyfriend, or the errant wife get off without some pain -- so I concocted this story about the husband undertaking some psychological warfare. It was fun! Not actually written to be taken entirely seriously.

Enjoy,

PostScriptor

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Liked it better then the original

There have been other sequels to this story but this is my favorite.

If I HAVE to ding it, (and yes, I do) I would say that the disease thing was a bridge too far. The ex felon had too much to lose for a couple bucks.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great writng

he saved his marriage and family over a stupid love attraction. more power to him . better than another divorce and lost family.. he had a plan to make her see her ill ways he is not a cuckhold..

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
Great writing

Horrible end.

Held my attention though so great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good story

one of, if not the best LW stories i've read. gj, man!

drivingwheeldrivingwheelabout 12 years ago
The man wanted his family intact ...

and he set into motion a creative if not elaborate effort to restore the family. Nobody should blame him if he overdoes it and even has a bit of fun and satisfaction in that endeavor.

LVgrniis64LVgrniis64about 12 years ago
Author, Author

Good writing and an engaging story. Kept me away from valuable sleep time, and I have no regrets.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very Good Story

He has the rest of his life with someone he adores but, he still has to personaly live with being the CHUCKOLD....

Could I do that??

SLASH & BURN....bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Personally

I liked it. Was interesting, developed well. And most importantly it did seem real.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great story but...

Wonderfully written. A very enjoyable read. Although this had a better (happier?) ending for the protagonist than whiteone_redone's original, I was left with the sense that she did not truly understand the depth of hurt she had caused by having an affair and callously continuing it despite and in spite of her husbands knowledge of it. It seems to me she should have seen or been made to see her actions for what they were: ugly, devastatingly painful, selfish, and wrong. If she refused to see then Ex 21:23,24.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Pretty weak punishment...

...but at least it was better than whiteone_redone's version. Good writing, unimaginative revenge though, except for that STD.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 12 years ago
Geez, that sure was a lot of trouble...

...for one unfaithful skank. Kathy is certainly the kind of whore who wouldn't be worth the cost of the bullet it would take to kill her. To say this whole story was convoluted would be a gross understatement. Better luck next time on trying to finish someone else's story.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
DAMN, GUESS YOU HAD TO BE IN HIS SHOES!

Amazing, I could not have done it. But I think I understand why he did. Thank God each of us chooses our own dusty roads to wander down. But it was a good story.

hoosier76hoosier76over 11 years ago

When I first started reading, I wasn't sure if I would continue. Sounded to much like it was going to be a cuck story and I hate those. Once I started I ouldn't stop.

FANTASTIC story!

Richie4110Richie4110about 11 years ago
Wonderful story

Great job transferring the original to a real page turning drama. I was a little conflicted and thought Paul might burn the bitch and find a new love leaving Kathy to stew in her own grease. But your handling of the end game turned out much better than I'd hoped for.

Thanks for a tremendous effort.

gordo12gordo12almost 11 years ago
Great job of rewriting the original ending

N.M.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Who would want to stay?

With a cheating slut wife? And the husband seems to be a cross between James Bond and "Hal". He knows everything, he sees everything and he has access to every bit of information he needs to put his plan into action. It seems like his Fairy Godmother really likes him. Way too long and just too implausible to enjoy.

joln321joln321over 10 years ago
suspicions

Terrific job writing this story, I loved it, Not only did the cuckolded husband figure out a plan to get rid of the wife's lover, but to find a way to rekindle their marriage of 16 years and not throw it away, especially when children are involved. This is the kind of Story I love to read. Too many times the cuckolded husband comes out on the losing end. humiliated and destroyed. I know the temptations are out there for married couples to cheat. but a truly solid marriage doesn't have to worry. once again, I Loved this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Enjoyable

this was much better than the original stories ending

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
thinking it through

Truly PostScriptor you have created a modern fairytale of dealing with the big bad wolf sniffing around your home.

I see the usual rants from the anonymousies and other trolls of the BTB lynch mob frothing their forked tongues over this amusing work of fiction. Now try to calm down for a moment little boys and consider this view of your pathetic lives.

"Who would want to stay with a cheating slut wife?"

The obvious answer is, otherwise none of you trolls and mousies would be born .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Fantastic story!

And kudos to the author! BUT, poor old Paul will be spending the rest of his life never quite sure about slutty slime trail Kathy. The old line, once a cheater always a cheater, is 100% true. And slutty slimy Kathy WILL cheat again. Its a given.

She said: "I love you so much, Paul Matthews."

So to prove that, you start fucking and old boyfriend behind his back? You take your vows, throw them away unknowingly to Paul, and then fuck someone else to show your love to your husband? Seriously?

I continued to hope Paul was getting together with someone else and would dump Kathy, but alas, he did not. Instead, he'll always be vigilant and needing to check up on his wife.

Which by the way, pursuing a woman (or man), goes on until you are married. After that, there is no pursuing. You cleave to one another until death do us part. No one come in between, unless by mutual consent. I have no problems with people that want to share, bring in a third or even forth. Where I draw the line is when one cheats on the other. Kathy cheated in the worst way and needed to be slam dunked like the retard she was.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
The STD jumped the shark for me

Otherwise, it works fine. One could argue about BTB vs RAAC, but the bottom line is that Paul decided what he wanted for himself and his children, then went about making it happen. His secret identity as "Ethos" seems perfectly in line with his established character, but his decision to infect Kathy and Karl with the STD didn't seem to fit his character, and him having the means to get exactly what he needed to do it was just too convenient. And compared to the rest of "The Plan," it didn't seem to add all that much effect, either.

LostOneThereLostOneTherealmost 10 years ago
I truly would never have done it this way.

But then again I didn't have 16 years invested just 13 years. Perhaps I was just being a wimp in PostScripters eyes but when my wife said a resounding "NO" when I told her it stops now or we are over. Must be rather wimpy of my self to follow through on my statement. There is and was zero doubt in my military mind that any spouse that would even conceive of a continued extra-marital affair once known and then rejected shall end the 16 year relationship. It truly had ended the second the ex decided to bed another. But then again, I have seen dozens of failed marriages and relationships in others. I do not believe in gold plated pussies. Unless of course it is the men who accept cuckolding just because they "love" cheating wives. My children were 8 and 10 at the time. With 50% custody the kids know both our parenting styles. My daughter much prefers my place over her mothers. My son really didn't care as long as it was with one of us.

I didn't go scorched earth or BTB... I just set her free. I moved up I would say. I have been with the same woman now for 6 years, my daughter is leaving in a few months for college in SoCal, son will be out of high school in 2 years. I already split my time with my kids in the Bay Area and when not with them I can be seen at my home on the north shore of Monterey Bay. My ex? Well she rents a house in the "best" school district in Alameda County because she fought for and obtained the ability to select schools... and she sits in her house when they are with me because keeping up with the bragging rights and the Jones' means she has no funds to do anything else.

Like I said... I don't need a gold plated pussy, just someone who thinks I am their world. The pussy then takes care of itself.

PostScripter, I believe you to be a great writer and I did give 5*s throughout. But I do not agree with designing a man to be like this as there is very little honesty, honor, self respect, and courage with your Paul character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Long wimp tale

I think is to long for a crazy stupid wimp like Paul and I cant belive that this thinks can happend this way wheter she is a stupid moron or crazy stut but in this tale we can find everything but real love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Cuckolding

Nothing wrong with your wife cuckolding you even after you find out about it.

I think she deserved a loving husband, a great life and a huge reward for doing so.

I don't know what is wrong with you people that think she should have been held to account.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Ah yes -

Now at the end - I did like it - it is unrealistic in so many ways - so what - it forces thought

I have commented many time I like a story that makes you think - at least a little - I do not have to agree or even believe it is possible to what the author does but again - so what.

This could work in general principle though - patience, planning, a little luck and a devious mind could do this sort of thing and it actually an old idea "kill them with kindness". You just have to be careful - like turning the other cheek - if you show it to a carnivore he might bite that one off too!!

This worked because she never felt totally rejected by hubby and never got totally connected with lover boy - so the deep connections held - pure chance.

Of course most of us would never be able to string together all the right resources to implement this either - but one more time - so what!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well

Well written, but totally unrealistic.

No normal guy would have stayed with her or allowed her to do what she did.

Texas_Air_ForceTexas_Air_Forceover 9 years ago
Totally out of bounds....

This story is, as the British would say, complete rubbish. But, if you want to suspend all possible believability then his revenge should have been completed by having this conversation before they returned to their so-called happy, perfect life:

"Kathy, listen carefully because I will only say this once. I, the husband you assumed was a powerless wimp that would accept being humiliated and shit on by you, did it all. I started destroying you almost the instant you admitted your sick affair and expected me to roll over and go along with it! I would have immediately ended my revenge if you had CHOSEN to stop humiliating me. I gave you opportunities to stop, and encouraged you to stop, but you continued on your selfish plan. You should have learned after you nearly lost me due to the car accident, but you didn't stop. Since you didn't stop, I did everything I set out to do.

Don't ask me HOW I did all this, because I will NEVER tell you. I gave you the STD, without getting it myself. I gave it to you for you to give it to your bastard lover on your 'big' weekend. I knew that after you infected him, his business would be destroyed. I trashed your name all the way up to your company's corporate headquarters weeks before you infected him, so that when you returned, every senior executive in your company knew you were a cheating slut of a wife, and would be demanding you be fired. Just as you were a documented infected cheating slut wife, I gave the news media enough information for them to think your stud was a criminal. I knew they would never give him the chance to clear his name. And, speaking of not being able to clear your name, I made sure your family knew through all of this I was the good husband and father, and you were the slut with absolutely no self control. And I baited the idiot you spread your legs for, so he would take a swing at me, with the police and our neighbors there to see him do it.

If you ever tell anyone I said this, I will deny it. I made sure there is NO evidence pointing to me. When it comes to keeping a secret, you are a fucking amateur; you never knew I was behind all of it, but you tried to hide things from me that you knew could ruin our marriage and my life. From this day forward, know this: never EVER underestimate or disrespect me again. Screw another man again, or betray me in ANY way, and everything I did before will seem like child's play! Keep your fucking legs closed, stay faithful to me, or else! Listen to me, and we will never speak of this again, and we will grow old together. Doubt me, and you will find out just how much you underestimated me. Now, get your ass to the bedroom and prepare to start being my wife."

rick_ohrick_ohover 9 years ago
Great story

Good reconciliation story. He made a plan, got his revenge, and got his wife back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A nasty story about a retarded woman

Keep in mind I'm a trained psychologist and my wife is a special education teacher.

Kathy would be clinically diagnosed with retardism. She exhibited the classic signs, wanting her husband to accept that she fuck another man. She is the greatest example of a retarded woman I can think of, outside of the fact she could hold a job.

Paul should have Karl killed, though I'd prefer he did it himself, there is just something more 'personal' about looking someone in the eye as you drive the knife into their carcass....

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
trying to make the means justify the ends

one of the silliest things said in this chapter is:

"Another aspect is, that she isn't involved in a position where she is in contact with strange men, most of her day-to-day contacts are limited to our employees. It certainly enhances the 'trust' situation."

Karl wasn't a strange man, quite the contrary.

Nor are the men in the company she sees day-to-day, either the employees or those for whom they perform maintenance.

and just to poke a stick in the side

who did Kathy date after Karl left the country, before she met Paul,

and where is he today?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sheer nastiness

I'm not sure what sort of spouse, man or woman, would take a mate back that had actually moved out to be with their lover. Who went back and forth from house to house, fucking them both.

Just fucking gross.

When I found out my fiancé screwed her old boyfriend after I proposed to her and she accepted, that was it. I confronted her, she denied it until I gave her the particulars, a buddy of mine had been at the same party she got screwed at, in an upstairs bedroom.

With my evidence, she finally admitted it and said it had happened three times (WTF?), even though I only knew of the once. I asked for the ring back and that was it. Oh, she cried and spent the new few months trying to change my mind, but then one day I saw her and Tom in town in his hard to miss 1966 Camaro, looking pretty happy. I was looking right at her when she noticed me and her face actually went white!

That was it. I married another girl about a year later, my ex moved in with Tom and that lasted for about 6 months. She didn't know I had married until she stopped by my house about a year later, trying to make amends. I introduced her to my wife, which shocked her, and that was it. I see her around every so often, usually on the arm, and I'm assuming the cock, of another guy. I just give her my saddest look and shake my head. She usually cries.

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Hard To Believe!

I read most of this story BUT I just found it really hard to believe. We not only have a stupid wife but we have an idiotic husband. His 'plan' was good enough...except for the ending where he takes her back. I started skimming the story because I could not believe that this was a reconciliation story, Imagine my shock when I read the last page!!! You write a good story but I wish I never read this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a Dumb Bastard

Lets her get away with screwing around because she found her "Lost Love". Then when he gets his head out of his ass and finally nukes her lover boy and gets her whoring ass thrown out of a job. HE TAKES THE WHORE BACK!!!!

He should have kicked the cunt into the curb.

What a dumb bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved the story, thanks 5*

Ignore the rants; it was very well written with good narrative and dialogue and an unusual plot. She was weak, he was strong, not a wimp or a willing cuckold. He did what he had to do to save his marriage. It was his choice and it seemed to work out very well despite the bitter comments from many, especially the trained psychologist can you believe! I would hate it if he was untrained!

Keep on writing, you do it well PostScriptor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fun Story

Without his direct intervention she would still be happiliy fucking her lover though.

He would be number two.

Not a bad job of polishing that turd. At the end of the day it's still a turd though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Can't believe

The comments about how well written this story is.boring, the most tiring, drawn out story on lit. Could have said it all in 3 lit. Pages and it would have been more enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
YUK!

Could have been a good story, but just got too stupid. Guess I'll give the author a pass and hope he improves. 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well done!

thanks for the time, effort, imagination, and creativity. Love the reconciliation ending.

....loved the story...*****+

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous