All Comments on 'Knox County Ch. 09'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments
grob39zgrob39zover 14 years ago
Finally concluded!

Liked what you ended with. It wasn't too sappy, but just a little. Good work!

AverageBearAverageBearover 14 years ago
Fitting conclusion...

...to a masterful tale that kept me spellbound from Chapter 1 through the long-awaited conclusion in Chapter 9. Kudos to you, Rehnquist, on a story well-plotted and well-written. Your characters were engaging and believable, and made the reader really care about what happened to them - even Tim, whose tragic ending still somehow managed to carry a redemptive quality. Life happens, and this was a story full of life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Wow.

wow. Amazing. I found many hours of free time to read this story in its entirety, and it was captivating in every aspect. Very well thought out and PLEASE write more! Your work is genius and spell-binding all around! Thank you for the phenomenal story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Nice read

I went back and read this epic after reading and loving your latest submission about the musician going back home. I seem to think that I read it before, but maybe it only seems familiar?

There is a main character named Aimee in each story (unless my mind has failed) is this someone you know, or only that you love the name?

Now I have to read the shorts you have submitted to see if they are as good. Please keep sending them in.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 14 years ago
Excellent writing; intriguing story

I'm surprised there are not more comments about this series. This is one of the most interesting stories that I've read in quite a while. Ch. 09 is a logical wrap-up; glad that Will and Sean survived their gun shot wounds and ended up with sexy loving wives. Great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Amazing

This story was captivating from the beginning to the end. I'm surprised as well there werent more reviews. Truly a great read...I read it all in one night and again was just left in awe. Love drama, love the dynamic characters and love a happy ending!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Good read

I enjoyed this alot. Thank you so much for killing Tim. I just wish that David or someone had spilled the beans on him, got him fired and then he had Jealous husbands, angry fathers and possibly some of his fellow officers after his head then he realized what he'd done and being the self centered coward he would have ended his own life to avoid having to face the people he'd hurt .

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 14 years ago
Very Nice

Very nice story with all characters well developed. There was a bit too much well described sex in the story for me. It made the story much more tedious and time consuming. I basically skimmed through most of the sex scenes. Very repetitive I thought. But all in all I love the story line. I would have loved it just as much or more if non-erotic...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good story!

As some other people have noted, I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this. Kudos!

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Nice Piece of Work

The ex-escort should have logically gotten the painter due to her beautiful body and Aimee would have gone ended up with Will. Marrying off the two painters to each other could lead to rivalries....

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
Very good, very well written

I started reading when the story was complete and have not rated nor commented on previous chapters. Central theme to me is "looking forward" -- always. Life will go on, best to try to live well. Learn from the past, try not to repeat. Been there, doing that. Best lawyers I've had supported and encouraged that. Interesting to read the lawyer author's stories and see that emerge.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
this tops every medium-length story I've read on Lit.

Ace! I loved it! You are definitely up there with the best authors on the WEB! I add a lot of authors to my Lit. favourites list, but I add much less stories to the list. Some of the authors and stories are just there for me to remind myself to read through them - but this one I have read and it is awesome! It was realistic but also erotic and entertaining.

I'm amazed that everyone was friends at the end, but it was completely believable. It could have had more detail on cases such as where Cynthia and Aimee made up, but I was fine with that. I was wondering at first why David took her back, but then I realised it was his jealousy because he still loved her. For some reason I am not sure why, Sean and Elizabeth were my favourite characters. I guess it might be because Sean underwent the greatest change in the story, and Elizabeth played a very major role in the story by first being a call girl / escort, then trying to get out of the business and focus on her studies and her baby.

Tim's fainting episode was the only stretch in the entire story, but I guess you could explain that even though he was a manly man, he was also human and was running on nerves too long because of his guilt and fear of being exposed to the public, especially when interviewed by the press for so long!

Thanks for writing such an enjoyable story. I hope to read some more stories of yours in future. Take your time, even if it takes a year (I read some of your comments about how long it took you - lucky me: I read it all when the story was finished!) .. don't worry, I have you and this story added to my Lit. favourites. Just click my name and see ;)

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
A good series...

...and relatively believable to boot. The ending with all except Tim being happy was a nice touch if a tad contrived.

Excellent writing but I concur with one other poster that, although the graphic sex was well done and erotic, there was, if anything, too much of it. I know it's erotica and this is basically a sex site but sometimes less is more. That's just me though.

Overall a very good story. You grasped the emotions well and your presentation of them was spot on.

Thank you and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
best-awesome-mervalous

you are a great writter plz keep writting in these site.wish you all the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I think the ending was great. I hated that rat bastard Tim. While suicide is a little harsh, he certainly didn't deserve a happily ever after. So good ridance to that douche.

And the happy endings for the characters that weren't sociopaths were really good as well.

Only thing that was a bit of a stretch was Aimee forgiving Jenny like it was nothing. The girl was 20 and she knew what she was doing, and she certainly knew he was married. That didn't stop her. Aimee must be a better woman than me because there is no way in hell I'd just be like "oh well".

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
VERY good story...

I must be a real perv because I skipped the sex scenes to get back to the plot line(s). I knew Will was going to kill himself probably before you did. ;-) It is not an uncommon phenomena - often times suicide patients complete the task just as it seems they are beginning to make a recovery. Two things happen: they once again realize the enormity of what they did to cause the original attempt and they get better at fooling their caregivers as to their real intent.

The only thing I would have changed is that the first time Sean told Amy (sorry, can't use your spelling - long story) about his former wife I would have had her sketch her first "breakthrough" sketch - not a masterpiece, just an indication she finally "got it" (we all saw it coming anyway) instead of falling into the sack with him - but then I already admitted to skippy most of those parts anyway.

Finally, it is too bad real life can't be this tidy. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Well, Tim wasn't a 'rotten basterd' as 'rotten bastards' are unrepentant. He was repentant.

His death did not add to the story in my opinion. But, I won't lose any sleep over that characters demise.

I still don't like reconciliations. The cheating slut was the one who should have died. She was a serial slut. It's a double standard and I know it, and Tim was an ass hole who realized what he had lost. She did the same (or similar) and didn't lose anything long term.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks!

A great story. I could not stop reading until the end.

movermoverover 13 years ago
Eggsellant!!

Just read this straight through, after reading your L W stories.

Can't really tell the difference between L W and Novels/Novellas in this story, except no Harry in Va.. Anonii were there, but supportive. Ah well, enjoyed this as I have all your stories, keep up your excellent weaving of the language into very interesting tales.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Your Work

I have now read all of your offerings here and wish tere were lots more. They are most enjoyable and well done in my opinion.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
A very long and complex series....

But it was worth every word you penned. To a master I say congratulations and thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Phenomenal Piece of Writing!

Rhenquist:

This was excellent story, complex because of all the various characters and subplots, which you brought together in the end tieing up most loose ends, and doing so with colourful vocabulary and realistic dialogue and interaction between the characters which was realistic and easily imagined.

For the most part it was a happy ending, though I have to disagree with you in the manner in which Tim was allowed to commit suicide. I understand your reasoning for doing it and many in real life do act this way in the same situation and for the same reason, overcome with guilt. The reason I disagree with you is Tim was young likely mid to late 20's, a cop, but I see him as immature, even though he is an adult. There are many adults like him today who are not mature and even older than he who fail to grow up until they are in the mid life years, and even then there are some who never full mature. Being immature also helps explain some of Tim's reasons for acting as he did with women with whom he was involved. Even his mother treated him as a young lad when he stayed with her rather than an adult and her relationship was not all that healthy with her husband and she imparted this to her son. The fact that Tim recognized and accepted that he had destroyed his marriage and possibly several others showed he is growing more mature but it also shows that he failed to recognize the impact his actions would have on so many others, a fact of immaturity. Once he split from Aimee he recognized a good deal of this but still had issues with relationships and was not really ready to handle a relationship in a mature manner.

You layed the blame on him for the death of Jenny's father which in some ways he had a hand in the process. However, Silverman was well known as a drug dealer and as such he had little respect for others and acted outside

the law knowing one day he may have to pay the price for his wrong doings and Tim may easily be involved in that when it occurred being a police officer. Tim's problem was that he failed to recognize that his relationship with Jenny could endanger him as well as herself and also Jenny didn't help lessen this danger but rather heightened it by chasing after Tim and forming a relationship with him which resulted in Tim ending up in the hospital. Tim's error was not disclosing who had assaulted him to the authorites. If he had Jenny may have broken off the relationship for several reasons, daddy would likely lay down the law at home, she in turn may rethink her feelings for Tim and likely blame him for her father's arrest. In addition, she may see that living at home or anywhere near her home would be dangerous to Tim and her relationship and thus to protect Tim, break off the relationship or move elsewhere if it is to continue. Jenny also was lacking in maturity. She's only 20, seems a bit wild, knows her father wouldn't be happy knowing she's involved with Tim, and even speeded to be caught by Tim so she could be involved with him. These helped lead to Tim's downfall. She shouldn't have blamed Tim for her father's death when she had an equal hand in leading to it. In additon, she knew her father far better than Tim and how he might react if she would involved with Tim, yet she still went ahead like waving a red flag in front of a charging bull. Tim was not the one who killed her father, though both he and Jenny brought his anger to the surface to act as he did.

Silverman actually was a fool to think he could kill someone in broad daylight in front of the courthouse and get away with it. This was not given any consideration by you nor did anyone of the characters even propose this. I fail to understand how his actions in this have been entirely overlooked. In trying to kill Tim, Silverman would likely be killed in the process, particularly given the location and the time day when he chose to act against Tim. There were bound to be many witnesses to the shooting and also police officers would be nearby and respond very quickly to any sound of gun fire. With this in mind, laying the all guilt and blame on Tim was totally unjust. He was your scapegoat from a nasty situation and your fall guy. Jenny also has to accept some of this blame for 2 reasons. She knew her father would come after Tim if she has a relationship with him. This puts her father in danger also by her choices, yet she failed to heed either them or act on them. She also put Tim in danger knowing how her father feels and that Tim being an officer of the law may be in danger if she continues the relationship, yet she persists in doing so. I don't recall this being brought up either!

Despite these considerations, this was your piece to craft as you see fit. You took a good many characters created subplots for each of them, making each of the characters come to life with human traits and qualites and co-ordinated the many subplots to combine slowly into one cohensive unit. You did this with strong visual imaginary and descriptive dialogue and broad creative vocabulary where the readers viewed the action clearly in their mind's eye wherein they felt and shared in the emotions and conflicts, and were apart of the story you wove. Your climax at the end of Chapter 8 held them spell bound. Your conclusion in Chapter 9 brought your story to a happy end for the most part and tied most plots and characters together in a way which was acceptable to most readers. To do this for such a large numbers of characters and plots is a real challenge but to do so with the quality you have shared with us speaks to the talent

you possess.

Congratulations on an excellent piece of writing. I trust you gain as much satisfaction from it as we your readers have in enjoying your work.

Simple_Me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wow!

You wove together all these characters in a captivating tale. I was so afraid you were going to have Elizabeth's last customer cycle back and inflict some sort of revenge on her. Thanks for resisting that temptation.

Like all of your pieces on Literotica, this is very well-written. Thanks for sharing.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Sean's first wife

Very interesting story. I was a little surprised and put off by Sean's limited ability to provide pain relief for his wife and her subsequent extreme pain and begging him to kill her. I absolutely know that Hospice is geared up to provide whatever is needed in the way of pain medication. I've lost several friends to cancer. One had an extremely painful cancer but Hospice did a wonderful job of providing pain relief and he passed away at home with his loving family and friends around him. Sean's wife should not have needed to forgive him, in my opinion.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Still good

I too noticed that the "Kick Em to the Kurb types passed over commenting on this story. Just a couple stayed with it after seeing the reconciliation early I would guess. Go figure? I did not see many comments from other writers either. Even though I personally thought the first chapters new and breathtakingly fresh, mostly because they were much more realistic and real-life than "All" the other stories on this site.

I can only guess that was the problem. They don't fit the normal structure and pattern of the "Cheating Wife" stories written. Like I have said many times, they want the fictionalized "Perfect" husband booting out the "Cum-lut described "Imperfect" woman.

I salute you for the subject matter you covered. You threw in a lot of erotic sex that did not draw too many commenters either. Too much for my taste as it got repetitive but you wrote a complete and well-written tale.

I think we need to see much more stories like this. Steele left us, but he wrote reconciliation stories as well and was well-received although most commenters moaned and groaned. Even I wasn't happy about Lew taking back Mona who continued as the slut even after their divorce, brazen enough to admit screwing 40 other men before being taken back by Lew.

This story without a lot of the erotic sex could become a published novel I think. I have read many novels because that was my hobby the first half of my life. I read anything back then. Mickey Spillane, Sea Stories, (Hornblower series)Westerns, (Zane Grey, Clancy, Luke Short, Louis Lamour) Scifi, (Isacc Isimov, Robert Heinlan, Bradbury and dozens of others.

If in fact your are an amateur, I think you could move up to publishing fiction. However, I prefer you stay here and entertain us. Thank You

GulfMisprintGulfMisprintalmost 13 years ago
I really enjoyed this one. I was even sorry about what happened to Tim.

Mostly I was sorry for Jennifer and for Tim's mother.

I saw a lot of things I enjoyed, especially how David and Cynthia got back together, Sean's interest and insight into his models, and Will's interactions with Brandon.

I'm curious about a couple of things. Tim had some fucked-up ideas about sex. But I didn't see anything about where those beliefs might have come from, even when we met his mother.

Also the scene where Elizabeth asks Will for test results didn't ring true to me. According to some fiction I've read, the agency would handle any such requests. Or maybe it's the part where Elizabeth allow unprotected sex in the first place. Dunno quite what detail bothered me, but something did. That's the only part of the story that challenged my "willing suspension of disbelief".

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Incredible

You managed to make me read instead of work, and now I am in trouble! But that's a compliment.

I admit to feeling sorry for Tim in a way. I think I would've like to see his come-uppance in the form of copping a beating from another husband but it does take two to tango. I'm not really sure that his character was nearly evil enough if that makes any sense to warrant his suicide, but I guess people have cracked under less.

I guess the nice part is the feeling that somehow goodness prevails, that despite our flaws we can find the courage to forgive and move on. I do think Cynthia was a bit shallow, but in all honesty her pain is incredibly realistic. Not everyone resorts to cheating but the feeling of being relegated is a lot more prevalent that people realise. I think this story is near perfect, but I think some of the conclusion jumping did weaken it a little. Aimee had evidence yet Cynthia just made assumptions. No one can be perfect but I guess for me I would like to see some themes explored where the man or woman does bring it up and the partner says they'll change but they don't or they do once or twice and it goes back to the way it as before. (I only mention it because I think you'd be the perfect author to write it.) Some people really can't change and some people's relationships are set it patterns they are unable or unwilling to change, yet they can with someone else. Hurtful, but that's life.

Again, thank you for your time and effort. This made for great reading and procrastination!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great job!

I have to say I have really enjoyed your stories! So much more deeply and better written than a lot of others that post on this site. I loved this one and have read The Lazy Lemon Sun story and enjoyed them both very much! I am off to read your other stories now. Keep up the good work!

LogicallyInsaneLogicallyInsaneover 12 years ago

I was going to be totally pissed if Will and Sean were killed.. lol.. glad you finished it happily.. great read.. thanks

royz56royz56over 12 years ago

I just love convoluted messes.... I really got into this one.

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
Agree with your reasoning for the conclusions in the story.

The intelligence of your story telling is inspiring and highly entertaining. Great characters and good take on real living.

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
Oh yes.

Really good eroticism included; and not too much anal fetishism.

PFDIIPFDIIabout 12 years ago
Great series ..........

You did a nice job of taking Tim out. First you grow him up, then take him out. Very believable through out. I wish I had the words to convince you to keep on churning out the stories because they are great, and you've shown amazing talent. The best I can offer is this: You keep writing them and I'll keep reading them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Tim and Jenny

Why can't they live happily ever after. I have; and if you could truly look into my soul, you would find it blacker than Tim's. His were surface flaws. Inside, he was a good person just trying to make people happy. The good whore got her wishes, why not the good gigolo?

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Gotta love it

When the author answers half of the follow up questions before you get to ask them.Nicely done - believable through out if a bit strained in a few spots still not terribly sympathetic to a wife who decides fuck on the side of the road is OK if she ASSumes the husband is playing around - no effort to be sure before betraying him? seriously flawed character (certainly believable though) has to know the cop is a player why should she not think about cause and effect - risk - vs reward etc. She was not stupid just st00pid.

Nice work a lot of mind games I loved it -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Growing as a Writer

I've read most of your stuff on Literotica and find this story is only the second that you have written for the web site. I'm glad because there was far too much stroke in it, and it detracted from the, as you put it, "the convoluted mess". Actually the mess worked out fine and the erotica became boring - as though you were hunting for as many ways to do and smother us with smut as you could find. Although this comment may sound ridiculous since we are visilting a porn site here, it seems valid to me because the story was strong enough to be excellent without nearly as much genital push and pull. Eventually I started scrolling through and not reading most of it. Conversly, as you have grown, the proportions of story to stroke have become more proportionate, and you are becoming a very strong writer - Congratulations!!

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 12 years ago
As my old friend, Juan, would say: "Cinco Estrellas, Amigo!"

Thank you for a fine story. I would have killed ole Tim off myself. He certainly possessed his share of demons. To inflict him on poor Jenny would have been a bit much. It was well worth reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Love your work

Yes, the story didn't need all that genital involvement, the story was good enough on its own. Sometimes I lost track of who was who and who was doing it to whom. All in all, a tale well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good finish

The sex over the first 8 chapters kind of gave me the 7 year itch. Too mechanical (?), just didn't arouse me except some of the Cynthia-David scenes. Good story and character development though and the last chapter especially made an emotional impact on me so thank you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

If I had not read some of your later work I probably would have given a 5 instead of 4 I did give. Too many characters. I had to pause and try and place each character in the story. Perhaps if this were two stories instead of one it would be easier to read. Your writing is too good to need to use so much graphic sex. Your story telling after this book is excellent and I hope you write many more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Any criticisms that I had, have been covered by others. I like your work and it is good to have a lengthy yarn that has a story to tell. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Kinda Strange

Firstly.....5 stars.

Secondly.....found it a little strange that Tim had to die while the others were allowed a sevond chance. David got an "orgy"while Cyn got him back and a child, Will got Liz and Aimee got Sean.

Sure Tim was sleeping around with "half the town" but none of the women knew he was married? Cyn claimed she didn't while, Jenny also appeared not to know until after.

Point is, its not all Tim's fault, they each share some responsibility and the complete change of character in Jenny seemed to be forced to fit the story. From a carefree "loose" girl to finding happiness as a "normal" non promiscuous one at the end over the space of a page seemed rushed. She actually seemed perfect for Tim, who seemed to be making a genuine effort to change ( i.e not wanting to jepordise his relationship with jenny by arresting her father)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Only One Woman

I enjoyed the story. It was an entertaining read.

The thing that I felt at the end of the story was that all the women in the story were the same person, but with a different name. Your later stories develop the cheating woman character in more detail and I find I like or hate the character because of who they are. These women in this story are just simple people who seem to have sex a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Real life parallels

For years I have written about this same type of thing which happened in my life. The events were much the same with many interweaving characters. As a young artist I lost the love of my life to a senseless act by someone so self centered he had no idea what effect it had on others around him. Destroying a mother and father, myself for years and any happy life I would ever have. If only life were a story with a happy ending.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

A brilliant story that I thoroughly enjoyed. Amazing how well you juggled all these characters. Great resolution. David allowing his first child to be named after the guy his wife blew, was a little creepy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great

I read all your other stories first putting the longest and earliest off to last. I am not disappointed. All your stories held my interest from start to finish.

paulsubpaulsubabout 10 years ago
great job with complex plot

Your fully developed characters and plot frame this story with sexually exciting yet morally responsibility. I also really liked your other stories for the sAme reasons.

paaulsub

Sassy_th4ngSassy_th4ngabout 10 years ago
Wonderful!

Yet another twist. Loved it and this fantastic story. Fantastic character development throughout this series but I would have liked to see more about Sean's thoughts, feelings and internal struggles. He seemed to have no issues with getting involved so quickly after his wife's death nor were there any hesitations about the age gap between he and Aimee. I'd have liked to have seen a little more about both of those things as well as Aimee's emotions as their relationship progressed.

I'm hoping to read about Jenny's future love in another of your stories. Also Troy, Tim's friend got me curious as well.

Great storyline, wonderful characters, and talented writing style that grabs the reader from the first chapter and hold them firmly until the very end. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us.

LaLlamaQueLlamaLaLlamaQueLlamaabout 10 years ago
You're one of the most skilled writers here!

I'll start with a bit of history: I first read "What You Wish For" and loved it, so I decided to read the rest of your tales (not in any particular order), and now I'm done.

I'll go with the bad first: I think this is the least best (I refuse to use the word 'worst' for anything you've written) of your stories. Maybe because it's one of the first, maybe because it doesn't seem to have the same amount of author passion in it, I don't know.

You wanted detailed (warning, random!) thoughts:

* Aimee / Will: In the scene when Sean started talking about his dead wife, I thought Aimee was going to paint him (I'm not sure how you could have made it an intimate moment that way though, so your way makes more sense). I expected her to feel some sort of guilt over Tim's suicide. She's perfectly right in not feeling any guilt at all, but then feelings are seldom logical.

* David / Cynthia: the little you wrote about his job was perfectly done (I'm a computer programmer as well, and it's not often I see this described so spot on). A computer programmer who can apparently get laid whenever he wants to seemed a bit far fetched though... Another thing I missed was why these two were together, I think some back story here would have been nice (or maybe I'm just being stereotypical here, "computer programmer with a stunning wife? wtf?")

* Elizabeth / Will: you nailed them. Nuf said.

Somehow I couldn't quite keep track of the characters, I had to stop and think who each person were every time the focus changed. This doesn't usually happen to me (note that I read all the chapters in 2 days, so it's not a time issue), but I don't have any explanation as to why this happened. Maybe the story isn't big enough for so many characters (but I'm not complaining, it's just an observation and my theory about it).

By the middle chapters I felt like in the middle of a Stephen King story (I love SK!), a big cast of characters and you can see the beginning of a hidden web pulling them all together with some sort of ominous undercurrent. Then came the happy ending and the Stephen King-feeling faded quickly :) I love happy endings, but I can't stop feeling that the excellent start somehow fizzled out in the end. At some point I thought everyone would end up in one big swinger party (but that is ridiculous with how the characters turned out in the end of course).

This is the only story I've commented on (I usually read on an iPad, and writing anything but 'loved it!' is a pain), but I took the time to log in in a real browser to write this, so I'll just say here that I really loved all your stories. You have a gift for writing (probably the most gifted writer I've read here on literotica), and the only reason your stories aren't my personal favorites is because I prefer other types of stories (SciFi/Fantasy/NonHuman in particular - I loved your ghosts btw!). Both your characters and their dialogue are just amazing, better than much of what I've paid for.

I really wish you'd continue writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
5

Five stars, enough said.

elrayo41elrayo41almost 10 years ago
COMPLEX NOVEL, EXPERTLY NARRATED

CONGRATULATIONS. You may be the best writer on this site. I hope you will let us now when you publish a full length novel. The way your characters and plot hang together and the way your words fly off the page are reminiscent of James Jones in his early novels -- FROM HERE TO ETERNITY/ THIN RED LINE/THE WIDOW MAKER -- although in his love/sex scenes Jones could learn from you. Personally I think you could have shown us a little more of Cynthia as Sean's housekeeper -- hard to believe that as sexually vibrant as she was she didn't pull Sean out of his shell in that regard. Maybe she thought about it but decided not to risk hurting him. But to misquote Brutus, I came to praise not to bury. Great work. Thank you for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
humpfff

Sean David? Why not David Sean? Even at the end I'm still not sure Cynthia has felt pain.....which she so richly deserved......and you ignored.

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 10 years ago
Fascinating, Captivating, Hypnotic

I got through the first two chapters and said to myself, "This is just a goddamned soap opera!" and shut the computer off. Half an hour later I was back, tearing my way through chapter three. I got sleepy during chapter seven and looked at my watch. It was 2:30 in the morning.

The style of the presentation, in episodes of 10,000 words or so with a teaser toward the end of each one, is reminiscent of Charles Dickens. His novels were soap operas, too, and tried to expose social ills, with villains even more vile than Tim the horny cop and George the mob boss. Lawyer Will could be a Dickensian hero, or the tenor in a grand opera. In the 1930's he would have been played by Nelson Eddy, with Jeanette MacDonald cast as his reformed hooker.

There were plenty of surprises, and I was left wondering about the motivations in a few spots, but as it unfolded I never thought that the events lacked plausibility. Taking it for what it is, I thought it was well written and I gave each chapter a five. So you got 45 stars, more than I usually hand out in a couple of weeks!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 10 years ago
Fanboy

I hate it when I see the adulation and overly gushing praise for most authors. Unfortunately, I find myself in the unenviable position of fanboy extraordinaire in this case. You can write and I enjoyed this story immensely. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I put off cocktail hour to finish the last chapter

That should let you know how much I enjoyed it. But I don't feel that Tim was totally unredeemable. I have been in a couple of situations when I got caught up in events where I acted in a manner that I truly regret to this day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Doyen.

the interweave of so many "main" protagonists was most remarkable.

i cannot think of any other story here that equals what the Author accomplished with so many leading characters.

juggling 3 or 4 protagonists , that i have seen done by others as well or better.

but jugging EIGHT , and somehow weaving them all together ... truly Sublime.

just thinking about how much work and effort was needed/required to pull this story together gives me a Headache.

one can only applaud the Author for his Audacity & Skill in crafting a tale of this complexity and magnitude.

xxxhugsxxx

TwistedOliver.

p.s

rehnquist. wherever you are, whatever you are doing..

salut.

godbless & be well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Engagement

Ireland - engagement finger is 3rd on left hand. (some continental countries still use 3rd on right but that is dying out)

Historically; It was believe that there was a vein from the 3rd finger on the left hand direct to the heart; quaint, but that's where the custom of using that finger came from.

Good story - more please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
a really good story

Over all a really captivating story. I only started reading it 2 days ago and got on to my laptop whenever i had a break to finish the 9 chapters. . From Malaysia

shangoshangoover 9 years ago
you never explained why Cynthia

deserved a happy ending. to me, she was almost as bad as the dirty cop, when it came to self-control.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great!

wish you would write again. I really enjoyed every one of your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5 star story

Great story! I thought you handled Tim situation perfectly...till you killed him. He had seen the error of his ways, found out jenny was his perfect match, so why not let the couple have a happy ending? Just my thought on it. I don't quarrel with the way you wrote it, it's a great story!

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Just Wonderful!

I agree that Tim had to go.

We already had three happy endings with the two weddings, David & Cynthia's reconciliation and their baby.

Tim was a serial cheater, who besides destroying his own marriage, helped run David and Cynthia's marriage off the rails (yes, the responsibility was primarily hers, but his actions certainly didn't help!), and bore SOME responsibility for Jenny's father's death and her near breakdown, as well as Will and Sean's shooting.

I suppose he COULD have been kicked of the force and left town in disgrace, but the suicide is more dramatic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
No worries man

Dear R your additional footnote/commentary was really unnecessary. After all, you have spun a rather awesomely believable tale. Kudos, pip pip and all that to you fella!

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
details

Perhaps you wrote this for the erotic fans but for it's length, seemed more a series of sex scenes rather than a story. Your concluding explanation explains some incomplete details yet you continually went to extreme detail on the sex scenes. Perhaps I was hoping for more after reading some of your other stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
WOW

I gave up a day of work because I could not put this story down. It was the last on your list that I had not yet read. I hope to have the pleasure to read more of your work through the tears and smiles they invoke in me.

Thank you for your efforts

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Such

A long and meaningless story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thank you for your hard work and talent

Congrats. Great story. Five out of five. I liked all the sex, all the emotion, the way all the characters were developed and then came together. I liked how David wasn't too upset by Tim's suicide. Brilliant. This should be collected into a novel.

Now some constructive criticism. I think Cynthia needed to suffer more for her sins. David didn't ask about sexually transmitted disease or whether she used a condom which I thought strange. David didn't get angry when Cynthia gave Sean sexual relief which I thought was unlikely. I think the story would have worked better if you could have kept them apart longer and maybe had them reconciliation with the help of their friends.

I thought it was odd the escort asked the john for a health test rather than the other way around. Or that he didn't at least think about it.

There were a few times when the characters were meeting each other for the first time and learning about their connections when there were opportunities for conflict and tension that weren't exploited to the fullest. David and Sean or Aimee and Jenny.

Also you could have had the reader not know who got shot right away and then revealed it by people's reactions.

Don't think these criticism mean I didn't love the story. I did or I would not have invested this effort in commenting. Cheers. Steve

wrangler61wrangler61over 8 years ago
good story

I dont comment often but this tale compelled me to say "well done"

IndyOnIndyOnover 8 years ago
MORE

Please write more....you are one of the top two or three authors here at Literotica.... OR...If you are posting somewhere else please let me know where.....OR....If you are now writing professionally please let me know under what name so I can buy your work......Thank You Indy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Catagories

I had skipped this because of its length, until I read your comment that no one read it because it was in Novellas, I know nothing about the Literotica rules, but I see other authors have re-posted their same story so the story has a double listing. Could you re-post Knox County under Loving Wives. Put it somewhere EVERYONE will read it as required reading, if re=posting in another catagory is possible. FIVE STARs. With the warning that it will take 2 or 3 days ,Or one whole day for old retired guys like me. Great Story. JayDee

slamdog1slamdog1about 8 years ago
JayDee

Rehnquist has not published in over 5 years. I myself have searched the internet trying to find more of his writings. I came up with a blank. I heard hints that he had died or had been killed in an accident. Nothing concrete. I am sure there are thousands of us that would welcome a new morsel from him but I have given up hope.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A True Story of Middle America

Although I read on Literotica almost daily, I don't post many comments. But, this story and the many, mostly OK, comments prompt me to put in some comments.

This is a story that, although somewhat far fetched in some of its details, is truly a story of the American Upper Midwest--Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan, etc. My experience being born, raised and living to advanced adulthood in Iowa and UP Michigan with many friends from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and the other states, could accept this story as based on fact given that fact is often much stranger than any fiction I've read. The characters, their actions and moral dilemnas posed in these characters from their actions and the actions of other characters to which they have been subjected is quintessential small-town middle America, including the parts of our Midwestern Cities that maintain the rural values of the surrounding hinterlands in spite of the growing sophistication of our social evolution.

In fact, I would suggest that it is the current state of our continuing social evolution in America as applied to the Midwest that generates much of the story here---characters, events and reactions to events. The author here creates a complex novelistic story that pretty much sums up how one might actually expect any given set of people living in the Midwest to act in and react to the situations posed.

Another aspect of this story that is particularly praiseworthy are the portraits of the characters, their development or non-development, their reactions to the events of the story and further behaviors resulting from those reactions and their ultimate places in their lives at the end of the story are extremely well-drawn and conceivable within the social and moral context of the story, with some minor exceptions that professional editing would undoubtedly correct prior to professional publication.

To flesh out some of what I'm saying here, let's take a look at some of the characters as they expose themselves in the story and grow or fail to grow from their experiences. First. let's talk about Cynthia, who is arguably the main character of the story since she appears first and is often a pivot around which the story evolves. Cynthia is a pretty typical middle American, semi-educated, middle-class housewife of the early 21st Century. She is a product of the sexual revolution in America at this point of its evolution--very sexually aware, knows what she wants from a significant other in her sexual relationship, but is sadly lacking in the skills of how to go about getting what she wants in her primary relationship in a fashion that not only preserves the relationship but enhances and strengthens it. Not being able, for many reasons too complex for this discussion, to realize her sexual needs with husband David, she allows herself to be used by Tim, the main sexual predator in the story. Her growth within the story begins with Aimee's exposure to David of her escapades with Tim. Her profound embarrassment from exposure and responses to David's initial moral outrage is predictable. But, from there she is able to come to understand that she really loves her husband and really wants to preserve the relationship. From her experiences with Sean, Elizabeth and Aimee and her real inner strength of character, she is able to go through a maturation of her character that permits her to learn the skills needed to resurrect her marriage relationship and, by the end of the story, demonstrate her ability and determination to cause it to grow into a truly mature and loving relationship. Also, by the end of the story, Cynthia has become a mature, wise person who not only is able to successfully participate in the rescue of her primary relationship, but is also able to provide significant support and assistance to other characters in the story.

David's initial reaction of moral outrage to the disclosure of his wife's acts of infidelity is fully expected and in many cases would be the end of his character's story, which is very common in these sorts of real life situations. What is different about his character as the story goes on is his ability to mature out of this typical self righteousness and gain insight into his actions within the relationship that contributed to the failure of intimate communication of what Cynthia needs for sexual fulfillment and how his sexual self can be expanded by responding appropriately to Cynthia and organizing his life to provide the time and opportunity for that to happen. The beginning of his maturation process allows him to make the necessary realizations that he truly does love this woman who is his wife and that the relationship provides a fundamental support for his life that is worth rescuing, preserving and enhancing.

The Tim character is a paradigm example of the authoritarian, jock mentality who takes a career as a cop and becomes a petty tyrant and sexual predator (although on a scale substantially below that exhibited by the sadist encountered by Elizabeth in her escort career and provides the inspiration for her to leave that professional pursuit) through abuse of his official position, provoked primarily by what many professionals call the whore-madonna complex so common to our American socio-sexual dynamics. The personality in which Tim is cast is able, ultimately, to gain sufficient personal insight to attain moral self-condemnation in the Old Testament self-righteous ethic of the rural Midwest, but is trapped by the same interior moral code, expressed internally and his contacts in the community, particularly his mother, to be unable to grow and perceive a path to redemption, leaving descent into an ultimately irretrievable level of clinical depression, leading to his suicide as the only perceivable response to gain relief and release. (A more lengthy treatment of this story could workout the dynamics of the Tim we see in the mental institution and his progress to suicide, which may well express the limitations of our mental health treatment system in treating a disorder of this sort, especially in a case where the behavior which is the precipitating factor in the descent is considered by most small-town Midwestern Christians to be so morally reprehensible as to be incapable of redemption. (Note the many comments to this story that state Tim's ultimate end to be the desirable end to him in the context of his behavior and its inescapable effects in the social paradigm of the story. I find Tim's death to be a sad commentary on our societal evolutionary failures in this 21st Century rather than a fitting end.)

Aimee's character undergoes probably the most significant growth of any of the characters in the story. She is able, as a result of her escape from the relationship with Tim and interactions with the other characters, particularly Sean, to mature from self-righteousness into wisdom and, with the mentoring of the artist Sean, flower into an accomplished artist herself, far beyond her entrapment into a recognized, self-limiting occupation of an art teacher in a mid-american public school.

There are similar developments in the other characters. But, now I want to comment on the depictions of erotic and sexual activities using some of the comments as points of departure. Many of the comments to this story criticize the amount and intensity of erotic/sexual behavior depicted in the story. I suggest that, aside from some minor flaws of structure and integration that competent editing would ameliorate, the descriptions of sexual behavior are appropriate in all their aspects--length, detail, and particular behaviors depicted. First, sexual mores and behaviors are the fulcrum on which the story pivots and their explicit depiction are the literary device employed by the author to bring home to the reader the human and moral development theme of the story. The author's descriptions are not sex for the sake of sex nor to buttress the otherwise literary failure of the story. Their purpose is twofold: First, to put the reader in a state of personal erotic arousal the author finds helpful in preparing the reader to ultimately be able understand and realize the difficult, substantial moral and personal growth of the various characters, or, in the case of Jessica's father and Tim, the inability of certain characters to realize any real growth, dooming them to their fates. The attentive, sophisticated reader will initially be erotically stimulated to make immediate moral judgments based on their own socio-sexual developmental culture and level and be able--the author hopes--to experience the gaining of insight and moral growth of the major characters to move from a generally expected response of Old Testament self-righteousness into an understanding of the human dynamics that will lead to personal growth and understanding of the potential for growth and moral redemption in others rather than a dead end of self-righteous condemnation. Also, the developing sexual episodes in the story permit the erotically stimulated reader to be led to the conclusion that a human dynamics approach rather than a traditional Midwestern American Christian approach of righteous judgment is likely to lead not only to personal and moral growth allowing for development of human social skills to work through these sorts of situations but to a better and more enjoyable sexual life as well for everyone involved while maintaining and growing the basic social structure of successful monogamous marriages.

One of the side benefits of the explicit and lengthy descriptions of sexual behaviors in the story is to allow the opportunity, within the moral context of the story, for a reader to become aware of the reasons for their discomfort with the description of explicit details sexual behaviors and to grow to an acceptance of those behaviors at least as an enhancement of the personal lives of those characters in the story who achieve that enhancement as well as the moral growth and maturity to be able to successfully return to or create new beneficial monogamous relationships. That is, sex is neither good nor bad, it's how it is used that makes it good or bad. Or, if it feels good, do it . . . in an appropriate context.

And, I too hope this author brings new stories to this venue. His other stories are very good as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Love this story!

I really liked this and have read it twice in as many years! I enjoyed the character development and the pace. Great sex scenes well done!

Thank you very much!! Write more if u can !

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still five stars. Still love it. Not your best, but still better than all the others on this site.

LalawmanLalawmanalmost 8 years ago
One of your best

I read this in one very long day. The thoughts and feelings expressed by the characters struck a deep and understanding chord within myself. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very Well-Written

Just finished Knox County. I had decided to make comments at the end of the story just to see if you could maintain the high level of writing and story development you had attained. You did. Well done. Your editor(s) did a creditable job, though towards the end, a number of small things slipped through.

Overall, this was one of the better stories I've found on Literotica. I'm going to check out one of your other stories and see how it compares.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great work

Not your best , but damn close to it. I wish that you'd start publishing again. You were consistently one of the best authors on this site.

Bookworm1962Bookworm1962over 7 years ago
Outstanding Story

One of the best, most engaging stories I've read on literotica. I was a little surprised by Tim's suicide, though. A bit jarring, I think, for what is ultimately a love and sex story. There is something erogenous about redemption and forgiveness, especially for a couple as lusty for each other as Tim and Jenny. Their "rape" scene was smokin'!

Still I understand why you did it, and it does fit with his character. So ultimately, it's the final dramatic turn in a terrific story. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Reason for Jennys dad shooting?

I don't understand why Jenny's dad shot Will and Sean?

This is the last of your stories I've read. Not my favorite (Bar an Grill) but I think it is your best. I'm not really looking for the sex in these kind of story's but this one had the BEST and longest sex scenes of any I've read on this site. Very real.

Thank you for the entertainment.

RalphiedRalphiedabout 7 years ago
Great Read

Just finished a nonstop reading of Knox County. Found it a little complicated and slow until i got to know the community and all the players. Overall i enjoyed it emensely and was drawn into the story which was complex but flowed for me. I was moved to anger and sadness with tears through some of the chapters but really enjoyed and am glad to have read it.

Thank you for your efforts and submission.

Ralphied

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
INTRICATE MASTERPIECE

Comments on this story are enlightening and gratifying. If you don't read them all, at least go to Anonymous / Simple_Me on 4-13-11.

I disagree with Rehnquist's last 2 words:. "convoluted mess."

It's an INTRICATE MASTERPIECE.

So many great things to comment. But they've been said.

This story is one of the great ones. As is Rehnquist.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
still a fan

this was the last of your stories Have now read them all. really enjoy your style. will probably reread some in the future, but hopefully you will write more thanks good luck in your future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
THE BEST

Rehnquist is the best writer I have encountered on Literotica.

An anonymous shortly before me wonders why Jenny's dad (George) shot Sean and Will. George was shooting Tim (Jenny's boyfriend). Tim deflected the shots, causing them to hit Sean and Will (another probable cause for suicide-inducing guilt). George got re-aimed at Tim, but was taken out by Security before he fired.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good even great read.

Really enjoyed Knox County. I especially enjoyed Elizabeth's story and the trouble Will went to to find her. I've always loved the 'whore with a heart of gold' stories. I think I've always somewhat recognized that there is a human being in that situation, and I might be slightly less critical that a person winds up in those circumstances.

I really enjoyed this (these) stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Good, food for the soul. Slap hapy papy #9

KelteriserKelteriseralmost 6 years ago
Complexities of life

I totally enjoyed this story

If one wanted to be hyper-critical one could nit pick but why bother?

I enjoyed the story as told it held the attention as a story not just as a vehicle for lots of sex

I did wonder why a cop in Tim's place didn't have someone in the department querying his behaviour. This was alluded to in one of the earlier chapters but never followed up. I have a hunch this kind of behaviour used to happen far more than it does now with body cams and all the other spotlights on cops and their behaviour.

For all that a good story I enjoyed - looking forward to reading more of your work

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 6 years ago
Second time around reads just as well...

Kind of a "Love Actually" for Lit. Complicated, interesting, and intricate.

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 6 years ago
Well Done

I understand why your story was long. There were a lot of characters and individual stories to tell as well as work them all together. Well done. I am somewhat unusual from most of your readers as my first and basically the only concern is the story itself. Any sex is just an addition to the story. Saying that - I give you top marks. My only loss was I couldn’t find how our Elizabeth America to have her son. Darn... Thank you, nicely done.

PilotshopPrincessPilotshopPrincessover 5 years ago
Great story

As with all there are bound to be those that are overly critical and to that I say get a life! I read one that said this could never happen. Clearly they’ve never lived in a teeny tiny town. Anyway enjoyed it immensely. Now on to the next great Rehnquist story

FustZightFustZightover 5 years ago

I loved the breadth of this story and how the characters intermeshed. I'm glad the ending was just about believable; not too twee. Tim needed not to have a happy ending in order to balance things out.

A couple of things though.

Brandon was a very conveniently behaved child, but kids don't really work that way.

The main thing that spoilt the story for me was your preoccupation with women's arse holes. Not everyone has your fixation, and it was a bit of a downer.

eastwardeastwardover 5 years ago

i think it's actually quite unbelievable that tim would commit suicide. it would be much more realistic that he tried to do the "right" thing & marry jenny, and they'd be in miserable marriage for a long time. people rarely change very drastically in a short time; years, decades is more likely. egos & basic survival drive are really hard to overcome.

there's one thing i notice as well, Rehnquist tended to favor happy endings no matter how unrealistic, despite his inclinations & willingness to paint realistic details. and the endings were also quite abrupt, compared to the story build ups. those are glaring weaknesses, and i'd say they left an impression that either he didn't know how to write endings, or too lazy to respect the readers by giving them better closures.

paulsubpaulsubover 5 years ago
A Story of a Community

You set a high challenge to write about so many characters and intertwine their lives into such a well written novel. I feel I have visited the town and met these characters who have shared their romantic relationships with me. Thanks for sharing

peter944peter944about 5 years ago
Awesome

Telling a tail with so main important characters and intertwining theirs stories through one another is a challenge only accomplished authors usually take on and some of those don't succeed. As for your "gaps" at the end I agreed with you and didn't see them as gaps just unimportant trivial details not essential to the tale. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Best story I've....

...read on this site yet. Cleverly plotted and the characters were well filled-out. The plot was interesting and entertaining with something for even the most discerning of us. 5 well-earned stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent

What an amazing enjoyable read. Loved the many characters and the twists and turns in their progress to an excellent ending. Thank you.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Enjoyable

Nice read. Great spelling and grammar. I am still somewhat put out by the easy ending to all the cheaters, except Tim. I don't give Tim extra blame, even if he was the root cheater. I wosh Cynthia would have had some extra pain and suffering...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sometimes people are married to the wrong person

It's somewhat common in real life, especially in a small town, for people to discover they are married to the wrong person. That's what I see here. Unfortunately people aren't honest with themselves and almost never honest with their mate. If you don't love someone or want to be with someone else then have the balls to say so. Cheating sucks but staying with someone or not letting someone go that you no longer love is worse.

I understand why you let Tim handle the situation the way you did but that is out of character for a cop or the brotherhood of cops. I don't think the PD would have let one of their own get beat up without a more thorough investigation. And for Jenny to blame Tim for her dad's death isn't logical. He didn't even pull the trigger, but I realize people aren't logical.

BTW, good erotic imagery and prose. Well done. I like your style. I'm doing research by reading as much as I can of several authors on this site. Maybe someday I'll take a swing at my own story.

rayironyrayironyover 3 years ago
It was convoluted,

but entertainingly so.

That all the characters were thrown together pushes credibility a bit.

But it's fiction and you gave us what we came for...Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
nice

only thing good about this crapshoot was that tim dies. fuck that cheating piece of shit. if you ask me, suicide was too easy for him. being beaten to death by one of the scorned husbands would be much better imo.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

What an epic story. The writing is excellent and the characters well developed and even the bad ones got a little redemption. Some of you reason and your characters ruminations on there less than moral actions have actual changed my outlook and condemnation of wives who cheat and walk away from a marriage. It is sad to note with so many failed marriages in this country that people don't live up to the promise made in the marriage vows. Promises must be kept.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous