All Comments on 'Like A Secret Being Told'

by subtleperfume

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments
LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattlealmost 14 years ago
Beautiful!

Absolutely beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

This was the most erotic romance story I have read in quite a long time! Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
First rate sexy romance, or really romance with sex

Well written lesbian stories have an inherent advantage of the author knowing her subjects. Heterosexual authors have a tougher time making at least one of the characters believable and most often give into a festish-like need to embellish some aspect or pound on an inadequacy or fear when writing the opposite gender. (Read any Loving Wives story to see this done to an insane degree routinely) Not always but it is easy to do. So it is hard to make a good romance. Lesbian stories to me have the best romance plots as both characters can be sympathetic and care about love then sex. This one does that and hits on all cylinders. IT was a little melodramatic with the year and a half parting but came back nicely with love, learning, honesty and romance. It is a sweet uplifting story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
PERFECT!!!

I have a hard time reading a story and not finding flaws. That said, there are very few stories on this site that have been written so beautifully. I absolutely loved it. You have a natural gift, especially for this genre. Thank you for sharing it with us!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
!!!

absolute beauty!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Simply the best!

Outstanding story, I loved every word.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wow!

That.. was simply.. amazing! Captivating characters and wonderfully crafted, all in all, a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing this. Hope to read more of your work!

phfinaphfinaalmost 14 years ago
Beautiful

Sweetheart,

This story was so beautiful and real. The first and second chapters truly established what could have been the tragedy of this story — a tragedy that happened for Alejandra's mom — and could have ended there ... because that's how so many stories do end. Right there.

But your Colleen and, well, Alejandra, really, had something more: they had their friendship and they had their love, and I so felt Alejandra's love for Colleen, no matter what, and I so ...

God, that, right there was so beautiful, so redemptive, so powerful. Colleen pushed Alejandra away for her own good, and Alejandra let her do that, but not forever. Thank God! Not forever.

And that's what the rest of your story was about: forever. And, sometimes, forever turns out not to be the happy ending, you know? But you planted the seeds of Colleen's and Alejandra's forever being started, right now, right today, with Alejandra waking to Colleen sketching her, and both just so blissfully, peacefully happy with this moment.

And that's a really, really good forever to have. Starting right now.

Thank you for this story, subtleperfume.

kisses, 'phfina

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow!

By far, the best story I have read on this site to date.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A new favorite of mine.

Outstanding!!! It's rare to read a story on here that is so vivid and so carefully carved with a real writer's craft. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Outstanding! Captivating! VERY WELL WRITTEN! Thank you for sharing this with us!

64Horses64Horsesover 13 years ago
So Rare

This is the sort of story I look for in the Lesbian Sex section here and so very rarely find. A very hot story full of deep, intimate connection is such a pleasure and yours is consummately written. Thank you and here's hoping that more will be coming from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW

That was truly an incredible piece... Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thank you!

This was incredible. You are an extremely gifted writer, something so very rare here. Thank you so much for this amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fantastic

Beautiful love story, charmingly told - 5*!

bogey102bogey102over 13 years ago
Beautiful....

Wonderfully told, expertly written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Brilliant

Brilliantly written. So descriptive, yet not to the point where it bores the reader. Very wonderful story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I really enjoyed reading your story. And not just because my name is Alejandra! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Please Continue This Story!

I absolutely love it. Please consider continuing this story. I can't wait to read more of their love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I don't know if I'm going just that bit too far if I suggest that I find it uplifting to think that two people have such a wonderful relationship.

There is just one question which springs to mind. Why does this story score "only" 4.83? I would rate it a 6 or a 7 . . . out of 5.

raconteuseraconteuseabout 13 years ago
Lyrical

Exquisitely so. You told a beautiful story perfectly. This is one of the most romantic and arousing stories I've ever read. The sort of story I long to read, but rarely have the pleasure of finding. Today is the day when all that was, no longer is. Thank you, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

have to have more of your stories-- this is what sex should sound like

humminbeanhumminbeanabout 13 years ago
Spectacular

Warm and happy, even romantic, but with the most delicious description of orgasm, an archipelago of orgasms that I have ever read. Stories like this are why I wade through so much lousy writing here - gems like this one make it all worth while.

manpantsmanpantsabout 13 years ago
hmmmmm

This kind of story makes me oh so very happy. As person before me said,, there is really so much gunk around and when you find a story like this you remember that there is so much more that one can get out of erotic literature- its not just porn to get yourself aroused- it can simultaneously remind you of your love for someone whilst getting all excited. Yay!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Sequel?

I absolutely love this story and wants to read more about the couple. Please consider writing a sequel. This is the only story here that I've re-read countless times and always make me want to read more

about the characters. Please indulge us with a sequel!!!

Robert_NotRobert_Notalmost 13 years ago
Wonderful

I was crying somewhere in the middle of the second page but rather differently aroused a page later ;-)

And I, too, add myself to the list of those hoping for a continuation of this great story.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
beautiful

you are a very talented writer and the emotion from the start was good and raw and powerful and made you feel for Alejandra as she was hurt and then finds herself for the first time again with Colleen its beautiful and very hot and romantic 10/5 for job well done and please like others posted please a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wow

the story is incredible,will there be a sequal?

MartinimanMartinimanover 12 years ago
WOW

Absolutely fantastic! Such an incredibly erotic, hot & touching story!

Elleanor_SaphireElleanor_Saphireover 12 years ago
Wow Indeed...

You have quite a way with words subtleperfume. You have painted a deliciously descriptive tableau of these friends turned lovers and I enjoyed every morsel. Thanks for sharing.

Elle_S

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
AMAZING!!!

i think this is my new favorite. :)

elle_9549elle_9549over 12 years ago
Wow!

My heart was broken near the beginning of the story where Colleen told Alejandra to get out ... even though I had a hunch why. I mean, this IS the lesbian sex category, after all. ;) I hope their next 20 years (and then some) were filled with happiness and love! ~ L

LiveCatLiveCatabout 12 years ago
Amazing!

That has to be one of, if not THE best story I've read on this site.

Superbly written, great characters, a lovely story and steaming sex who could ask for more?

Thank you,

Love

Cat xxx

dynomite01dynomite01about 12 years ago
Incredible

All I can say is WOW! This is the best story I've ever read on this site. I'm amazed at the way you write and your ability to bring the story to life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
PART 2!!!!!!

please write another chapter!? i really love this story. :)

BahamaBahamaalmost 12 years ago
Wow

I thought I've read all the love stories , but this one slipped by me. It was abosoluty amazing ! I didn't think I could find another great one , I was wrong. Part two on the way?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Amazing! !

This story was done perfectly i read all the best love stories on lit and this one just blew me away it was excellent. Thank You.

Ex0ticPrincessEx0ticPrincessover 11 years ago

This was so nice! I loved it :) Wish we could have more ;)

AvalonSereneAvalonSereneover 11 years ago
Amazing!

I love your stories and have read every single one of them. You're an incredible writer with the ability to tell a story in such a way that it touches one's heart. I love this story. Thank you so much for sharing it :)

mystic0208mystic0208over 11 years ago
o.O

Come on. I just saw some glimpse of myself from alejandra and the given situation! tssss!! The Difference only is the longitude of friendship and that she will not love me back. Dammn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
An Open Apology!

I am so very sorry for passing over this story each time I have seen it. I should have known that stumbling upon it every so often was a sign from wherever that it had to be read. I finally succumbed and did just that. I am apologising because, honestly, it is one of the most beautiful stories on here and with two amazing characters to boot!

Now, I implore and demand you revisit this story and tell us more about their lives together. Thats a fair request, isn't it? :)

BahamaBahamaabout 11 years ago
Awesome

That was an awesome love story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow

I love this story!!! :)

mab4664mab4664almost 11 years ago
Awesome

This is an awesome story. I have read all of your stories and they are excellent. You are an amazing author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Just incredible. You have a talent for building a story with detail and intensity. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
My only issue

I enjoyed the story very much. My only issue is that for two completely inexperienced lesbians they sure seem to know what to do. Detail is great and very sexy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Decisions, Decisions

When I finished this, I didn't know whether to cum or cry--- so I did both. Of course I was indulging in quite a bit of those activities while I was reading as well. Whew! I'm all wrung out, but in a delicious way.

Thank you for an unexpected treat. I'll definitely be revisiting this and sampling your other stories. I only wish there were more of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hot!!!

that was hot as hell...wow..good job author..that was really great...awesome..please continue writing..

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One of the best

One of the best stories on the site. Seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
incredible

I've never had a story make me cry and then come so hard! You an incredible author and if you ever write a book, I'll be first at check out!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
THE BEST!!!!

I was crying my eyes out at the beginning of this story as I am going through something very very similar. This is far better than 50 shades. This is the best I have ever read!!! Im going to call my audrey now...please everyone that sees this, pray that she will stop being afraid of her feelings. We love each other but she's doesn't know what to do with her feelings and she is afraid. ):

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW

Just WOW.

I'm in love with this story.

This is probably the hundredth time I'm reading it, and I still can't get enough of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazing and incredible

This is by FAR the best story i have EVER read. I can't even stop praising.

The thing that makes it so perfect and surreal is due to the author's imagination. The descriptions...it paints a perfect and lustful picture in your mind.

The beginning is very realistic yet still creative and captures one's attention. When i first saw how long this story was, all I could think was "Oh lord, I am definitely not going to read the whole thing".

But the pain, the pain Alejandra felt when she thought she had lost her best friend actually seemed so realistic that I shed tears too :P Maybe it was because I experienced something similar, losing my best friend who i secretly loved and cherished. But the pain Alejandra felt had a steel grip on me. It urged me on to continue reading.

When Alejandra finally saw Colleen again, and they had those "flirtaeous" moments, I was in such a blissfull state...It felt like I was IN the story, part of it. In my opinion THAT was the best part of the whole story. It had my heart pounding like I was it was happening to me.

There were some typos/grammar mistakes but DOES IT REALLY MATTER?? THE STORY WAS FLAWLESS.

I actually don't know why I kinda wrote a short "review" for this story, but it certainly is WORTH READING.

AND THERE DEFINETLY HAS TO BE A PART TWO. A SEQUAL. OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLLLEEAAAASE xD

Guess I'll ship Alejandra and Colleen forever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful

I've loved reading this incredibly written masterpiece. Sorrow, laughter and eroticism all in the mix .... superb. Thank you xxx

heart_fire11heart_fire11over 10 years ago
Love it!

Your language to portray their love for each other is beautiful, hypnotic and at times humorous. Keep writing! You were destined to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Heartwrenching / heartwarming story

I'm a 50+ yo straight guy and this made me cry; as others have said "I was right there", thx

Of course I'd like a sequel; but I also have to wonder if it was actually the same circumstances that triggered Laura's breakdown? I wonder where she is today; what would happen if they were to cross paths? DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awesome

This story was beautifully written. You painted a picture with your words. One of the best I've ever read on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
the best story ever

A true story it should have a second part 20 years later you hardly find stories abot best friends so this is a great story 5 stars to subtleperfume

rover5520rover5520over 10 years ago
Such a wonderful story!

And so beautifully written.thank you so much for writing it!!!!

birdintreebirdintreeover 10 years ago

a really great love story! thanks for your great work! i love it

adidasgaladidasgalover 10 years ago
AWESOME

I loved the way the scenes unfold in a brilliant script of betrayal, self discovery and love. The heart wrenching twists and sexual awareness between Colleen and Alejandra is beautiful. The love they had for each other as friends, endured the separation and reunited them on a new level of sexual awareness and desire for each other, ** I LOVED IT! **

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
*****

One of the true 5-star stories on this site. Fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful

A real gem of a story. Beautifully observed and written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Gold Dust

This is a truly rare peice of writing that I and so many others were lucky enough to find amongst less tasteful stories on the internet. I truly wanted to praise you for setting the unique tones portrayed in this amazing story and I wish you further success in what I hope will be more wonderful stories such as this.

Aphrodite x

LadyCockLoverLadyCockLoverabout 10 years ago
Amazing

I read this the other day, but didn't comment, actually came back hoping to find it again so I could comment. Such an amazingly well written story, got me very hot under the collar and I was reliving moments of it in my mind after i had finished reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Entrancing

I have read this story before and for some reason I decided to read it again, enjoyed it just as much second time around, you have a good writing style and mind for a good story that keeps the reader entranced. Will look for more of your work.

missy7349missy7349about 10 years ago
One of a kind!

This was such an awesome read. Please continue. Five stars isn't enough.

lezbegemlezbegemalmost 10 years ago
My favorite!!!

This is one of my all time favorites. Such a perfect story with a perfect ending. I go back again and again to read this story. I think I actually read this seven times but this story still moves me. I love this story. Good job. Thank you very much for this subtleperfume.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved it Gantadtic story.

Beautiful story arousing and etotic without being rough and pornographic. Excellent English I couldn't fault. Keep up the good writing. Hope to read more of your stuff soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
one of the most moving stories on this site

There are a few minor technical flaws, but nothing a good editor couldn't iron out. But with storytelling this assured and characterization this rich, who cares? This was one of the most profoundly romantic stories I've had the pleasure to read on Literotica or elsewhere. Thank you for sharing such a gift.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaalmost 10 years ago
Totally awesome

Beautiful, exciting... loved reading it. I will return one day and read it once more... besides, found a new recipe for bald beans and rice, this I've got to try.

maddictmaddictalmost 10 years ago
Yes the recipe.

Baby oil, bowl of warm water, nuclear explosion, after some seriously erotic mixing. Good authors make for some good stories. Thank you, for a peek inside!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
a very sexy love story

20 years won't be long enough

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 9 years ago
Perfect

Wow, what a perfect build-up of a beautiful love story. The fantastic sex at the end is rewarding - both for the characters and the reader - but the road to it, the frustration, the confession, and the waiting, especially the waiting mark this story every inch of the road worthwhile to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Mom

I think we know what happened to mom's friend long ago. And why.

Who doesn't love romance. Really enjoyed it.

NutRanchNutRanchover 9 years ago
Very nice

Nice, tasteful, erotic.

Very well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well...

...what can I say? Just superb. It says something for the quality of the plot and the writing that I was hurting for poor Alejandra during her enforced estrangement from Colleen. I'm a straight man in my seventies and I found myself rooting for these girls all the way through---if they were real, then I would say a [very] long life and happiness to both (it's got to be more than twenty years---they're young enough). The story doesn't really need the sequel that some other readers have asked for; anything more would simply be an anticlimax.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Most enjoyable

Your story was refreshing on many levels. Your character development and the depth of emotion between the young ladies demonstrates the complexity of all such relationships. Your ability to draw on the erotic without descending into the usual trash was refreshing and demonstrated your ability to keep the reader involved. Keep up your writing. Thank you for posting.

DelsetDelsetover 9 years ago
such healing wroth spills over out of the page

I've been a broken form of myself, of late. Not sure how l'll rise above fail.

Your short calls to me. The pain writen in this seperation, the broken dam of dissapointment, the voracious short of a soul returning to it's remembered glory to scream 'Why?????' One last time...

But then you did it. All the times All of us look back in remorse, you've blessed us with these words. This 'Don't Give Up' decelaration.

...

I probably read this at least 20x before I wasn't dazed by that dream so much that I would post.

AgraphiaAgraphiaover 8 years ago
romantic and more

This is one of the very first stories I've read here in this genre and this is one of the reasons i got hooked! Superbly written and very very romantic. And the sex scenes were soo hot i could literally cry.

But correct me if I'm wrong Ms. Subtle, did you write this story based on your real beloved's pov (in this case, Alejandra's)? I had this crazy impression that you used Coleen's character so that you could pour your heart and soul out to this person. Or am I being a crazy overthinker again? It's just that this the love between this two character felt so raw and real. I can't help but think AND hope that maybe, in some alternate universe, they really did exist. :)

AgraphiaAgraphiaover 8 years ago
romantic and more

This is one of the very first stories I've read here in this genre and this is one of the reasons i got hooked! Superbly written and very very romantic. And the sex scenes were soo hot i could literally cry.

But correct me if I'm wrong Ms. Subtle, did you write this story based on your real beloved's pov (in this case, Alejandra's)? I had this crazy impression that you used Coleen's character so that you could pour your heart and soul out to this person. Or am I being a crazy overthinker again? It's just that this the love between this two character felt so raw and real. I can't help but think AND hope that maybe, in some alternate universe, they really did exist. :)

JamieeRJamieeRover 8 years ago
Beautifully written

I love this story. It was so painful to read how Colleen just cut out her best friend like that. Your story have me some hope that I really needed, too. Thanks

Isambard82Isambard82over 8 years ago
The best

I've been coming here for years, off and on, and this is probably the best - and more important, best written - story I've read in that time.

Character, plot, dialogue, structure, pacing, they were all superb, and nearly as good as the sex!

Thank you, you brilliant person.

theghostwritertheghostwriterover 8 years ago
Incredible

Like one of your other comments I have been reading Literotica for many years and I am amazed it has taken me so long to discover you.

A fantastic story - I lived it and the detail in the story was just wonderful. I will now proceed to read your other submissions although it is disappointing to note that there have been no recent submissions - hopefully this will change

nali54nali54over 8 years ago
love it want more please

I have been reading Literotica for many years and I am amazed it has taken me so long to find you

A fantastic story - I love it so much. and the detail in the story was just wonderful. I will go and read your other story. i am a mom with 3kids and after reading this story . i now know who i want to spend the rest of my life . #mybestfriend

JorLJorLover 8 years ago
incredible

It was an amazing story especially the character development, how they adapted and it was not just sex, they rediscovered themselves especially for Alejandra. I wonder if you would continue their story, but even if you don't this was amazing.

bob3737bob3737about 8 years ago
Seductive, tender & very sexy! A 5 STAR extravaganza. Sequels soon pls.

A very tender love story. But the descriptions off the sex were off the wall! I'm a straight male in his 80's and it brought back to me intimate moments from 60 years ago that are still in my memory. Wow! Such passion, such intimacy. A fabulous "tour de force".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Trying to breathe.

Romantic and well written but most of all....REAL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
It's the Best Story Written !!!

I have read many stories on this site . This story is my all time favorite one . You write so beautifully . I truly loved it! Keep writing more stories . Can't wait to see what you write next .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
So Romantic

Fantastic love story.

litstudentlitstudentalmost 8 years ago
wonderfully written

your vocabulary and structure is fantastic. not only is this a great story, but it's really well written. My kind of literature! thanks for writing!

oldguy32oldguy32almost 8 years ago
Yeah me too

From another straight male. This is a beautiful love story. Gender and orientation matter little. Beautiful writing, would rather read this than most of the stories posted here. Hope these ladies grow happily old with each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Such a fantastic love story, pls keep it up.

albrighaalbrighaover 7 years ago
Outstanding

Your grasp of writing that paints a true and human picture of love is truly remarkable. As your character, the artist, paints a picture of her friend, you paint that same picture through your writing. I hope you will continue.

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 7 years ago
ok

I am surprised that I read as much as I did, I usually do not like to read stories that are more than 4 pages long because I start to lose interest in it, but I read 4 pages and skipped to the end, and it came as no surprise that they ended up together, but I guess this would not have been a very long story if they did not, but one thing is for sure just because one girl has sex with another girl, that does not make her a lesbian, but in this case I think it helped her along , but still a good love story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent Story!

Very good plot and character creation, it kept me entertained throughout!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 7 years ago
I love this story!

When you discover your true love, just go for it! Don't worry about anything else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Stupid and slightly horrible

Stupid stupid stupid

Really bad writing

Really bad

Really bad stupid writing

Seriously

Truly

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Is everyone an emotionally retarded 15 year old ?

Jeezus fuckin' Christ

We are absolutely doomed as a species

Reading these comments drooling over this drivel has made one fact absolute crystal clear - most of us are immature and simple minds

Ridiculous

We are all short sighted immediate gratification driven simpering emotional sophomores who have no idea what real literature is or even should be

Pathetic and sad that we revel in and treasure this formulaic reality tv garbage

Anyone with half a brain and some experience in reading a well written piece is literally throwing up in their mouths, and yet, to read the sycophantic comments here one would think this story is an outstanding example from a competent writer of the English language, a language that she has massacred and disrespected

We are doomed to be mediocre and emotionally stunted self absorbed morons

We have utterly no business offering opinions if this is the epitome of our deserved appreciation

Read the story again and notice how egregious the phrases are, how infantile the storyline and logic is, how inane the descriptions are, just a continuous mindless stream of emotion without any sense of intelligence or intellect balancing it

And you all loved it

I am really disappointed in us

Worse, I'm completely flabbergasted that I'm the only negative commenter on here...

Alas, woe is me...

-sigh-

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
To anon.

You're an idiot. Don't you know how to use periods?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous