All Comments on 'al-Thawra Hijabiyya'

by al_Ussa

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
al hamdu lillah

long live the revolution

katibkatibalmost 14 years ago
Fanciful

I think that you you need to add the definite article to hijâbîyah.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
ath-thawra al-hijabiyya probably

Fanciful yes, in any culture. but i know MANY Muslimahs including hijabis who'd rate clothing norms in this order from good to bad:

1. Islamic modesty, however she chooses to define it.

2. Complete nudity / open sexuality

3. Hypocritical western standards which cause people who hold them to think they are not at all like option 2 (the bikini as "modest", LOL) and look down on option 1 as if it's somehow a hijab over hair is more oppressive than a bra and shirt over tits. They're the same thing.

It's a start :)

dumblonde19dumblonde19about 13 years ago
Arabs and Jews fuck for peace

al_Ussa i want you to strip my zionist body naked in Palestine to bring peace!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Funny story

Very funny story. However, I think in the sequel we should have one where the revolution leads to masses of married Pakistani, Arab and Turkish women in Europe getting impregnated by white guys in front of their own husbands and families.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
Ahh, mammaries. Uhh, memories!

I remember there was a series of French sketches of accused prostitutes stripping off in the middle of their trial. Outraging the Magistrate and other onlookers.

If I remember correctly this was based on real events (combined with urban myth) something to do with an obscure legalism inherent in French law.

I tried searching for the artwork but ran out of time. If anyone knows the works I am talking about, please email the artist name or a link. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Aaahhh...if only!

Why is everyone so obsessed with clothing? Unless it's cold outside clothes are so uncomfortable, and I, for one, prefer to go barefoot up to the eyeballs, but if I do it outside my house (even in the backyard) and someone sees it, they call the cops!

I think the problem comes from the preachers telling their church members that "The Bible says God punished Adam and Eve for being naked...", but that is not what the Bible says. The preachers are either lying or they are misinformed about the words in Genesis: it says Adam and Eve were naked in the garden and God was naked with them and they were not ashamed, but then Eve was tempted by the snake and the Fruit of Knowledge (it does NOT say that Fruit was an APPLE! Where did THAT myth come from?...) made then THINK nudity was bad, so they covered up, and THAT made God angry. They were punished for covering up, not for being naked! As a side note to show how ridiculous the whole story is, it says they used fig leaves to make their coverings...FIG LEAVES? Have you ever felt how scratchy fig leaves are?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous