All Comments on 'Lemon to Lemonade Ch. 02'

by Mandy01

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
winterfoxxwinterfoxxabout 13 years ago
Applause ...

It's very difficult to raise a character back from the dead ... especially in "Loving Wives".

Your ability to accomplish this "raising from the ashes" with "Kelly" is remarkable and worthy of applause.

And you did this with very profound introspection while artfully weaving a story throughout.

Thanks for putting for the effort and sharing with all of us.

victoriangentvictoriangentabout 13 years ago
Outstanding

A fresh new character borne of humility.

energystarenergystarabout 13 years ago
thank you

Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
two chapters

two chapters too many.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Truly an amazing redemption!

This is fascinating. For many years I have worked with other people helping them to learn what they want to learn, here in this story we have both the combination of internal experience (the rest of the story) and external experience (Beverly) being used by Kelly to reshape her relationship with the world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Five From Me

Your effort and creativity demonstrate your story's moral: your gift of your effort paid us all with your wonderful tale. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thanks.

A great story of redemption.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 13 years ago
Super

Great job of resurrecting the soul of one so lost. Food for thought to the " torch the bitch" crowd. I'm sure that attitude may have it's time and place for some situations but i'll submit that time and inquiry can wisely temper hasty decisions.

HatsudaHatsudaabout 13 years ago
Although I'm still a 'burn the bitch' advocate

I think you've done a credible job indicating that life IS a lesson for all parties concerned, and redemption is simply one of the possible outcomes for all screw-ups.

She hasn't gotten off scott-free however, as long as she and all who know of her past have memories. Perhaps that's going to be the toughest punishment of all, particularly since she's still living in the same area where all of this took place.

Overall, I think this story rates up there with some of the best.

Thanks for the read... H -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent

This is just a wonderful story well told. You really do have talent, rather remarkable talent at that.

I look forward to more of your writing.

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Phoenix

The bitch WAS burned, very throughly. She did not get her old life back. Her husband, her friends, and in some ways even her family were lost to her. She had to crawl on her belly out of the ashes and fully confront her failings before she could become this new person. It was painful, slow, and hard. Most people are unwilling or unable to make this kind of change. The power of this story is that her rebirth is believable and in the end welcome. As much as possible she makes amends for her past and completely remakes the parts of herself that caused all her problems. She is worthy of her redemption. But still she doesn't get her old life back. She gets new opportunities that she is now wise enough not to screw up. Nice writing.

LakesLakesabout 13 years ago
Amazing story!

Beautifully told!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Amazing!

From disliking her, I ended up actually rooting for her. As for the rest, your ideas about society and mankind, I generally agree. And all well thought out. We human beings are basically selfish and greedy and evrything we do is for our own self-interest. It's socially acceptable when it also helps others around us. There is no good or bad, just a perspective. Please keep writing more. Thank you.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
I have to agree. This is a Phoenix story.

She has to cleanse herself in a trial of fire, and then rebuild. Five starts, and good work!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 13 years ago
Well done

Credible transformation and redemption of a bad person. Good description of the tough love. As I mentioned on Ch. 01, this part of the story flowed better than the first one. Great ending.

rellik91442rellik91442about 13 years ago
Lemonade all the way

This is a feel good story. Everyone winds up happy and it put a smile on my face and a greater understanding of a persons true character.

connielingusconnielingusabout 13 years ago
Good job.

Damn fine story. Well written with great characters and I like the redemption aspect. I look forward to your next submission.

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
Mandy, You Sweet Wonderful Woman

I was really worried about that car. A copper? Very funny. Undercover maybe? I own three of them and one of them IS black, just like in the movie. I have had them longer than you have been alive. That hurts to admit. Kelly had to reach the bottom before she could understand. With help and guidance she has reclaimed her life. She was lucky, many do not have that help or guidance, they never recover. Mandy, what you have done here is realistic and believable. Well, except for the copper part. Your information is correct, the men that I know do not brag about about their wifes ability in the bedroom. They might joke about it, but it is something that can be laughed off and not taken seriously. You should continue to listen to the people that you are listening to now. You are growing faster than an alien baby. As some have said, it is amazing that you can write like this being as young as you are. You are becoming a very good writer. Keep it up. Need more. :)

xtremeddxtremeddabout 13 years ago
Wonderful original story, Written so I find it difficult to believe it is fiction.

Mandy,

I almost want their address to send them an envelope for their wedding.

Thank you for sharing this story in Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
DQS! take note - this is how it's done !

Mandy,

Your incitefulness, with these characters, seems to belie you age, sex, and orientation. This was truly a wonderful story of redemption. I, too, am one of the many readers who prefer revenge and retribution to reconciliation. Here's proof that you can have both. This was a win, win, win story. The allusion to the phoenix rising from the ashes was a wonderful way to describe the re-birth of your character.

Excellent job! Thank you for sharing this story with us. Oh, and DQS1 please if you attempt something like this for Debbie Bascomb (WWWM), you have your work cut out for you. Mandy has set the bar very high, but still shown that the most despicable of us can be redeemed.

grogers7grogers7about 13 years ago
Excellent, Original theme

Sin, remorse, contrition, foregiveness, redemption.

Kelly was "burned" and "kicked to the curb" but the truth is that life goes on, and people are valuable and can change. So glad to read a story where the family and friends are a strong support group during the redemptive process. Artful to introduce Tracy as the example of what is possible.

MendonFishersMendonFishersabout 13 years ago
Great Finish

Mandy

I loved your character creation. Firstwriting in the male POV in the Dog series, then swiching sides to the female POV.

Please keep up the good work.

Mendon

Mousse9Mousse9about 13 years ago

Hadn't known there was a "sequel" to That Damn Dog, and missed it until chapter 2 came out, so I read it in one sitting.

I'll just fall in line with the others, this really is a phoenix rising from the ashes story.

Although the allknowing granny dispensing sage advice was....I don't know how to say it, a bit cliche? No, not the right word. But it certainly isn't worse than for example a shrink. The little lesson about male and female roles throughout history in society was nice though. Maybe I shouldn't be so hard on Bev. XD

I'm just nitpicking, but I was thinking that it was Bev who made Kelly start thinking on what she had done, and give her some life altering epiphanies, and NOT Kelly's parents. It's an afterthought, but they could have had a bigger impact on Kelly changing, not just as handing out punishments. But maybe they were too close, and she wasn't listening, and needed an outsider's POV...

The biggest thing in Kelly's favor, and that took major guts to do, was to let James tell Michael what she did in the past. Could have backfired immensely. I thought James would've still been a little uncomfortable around Kelly, and also Michael.

Although, from the previous chapters James really doesn't seem like a vindictive person. And since it had been a few years since the divorce, he probably had time to get over it.

On the technical part of the story, aside from a grammatical error or two, it was good and easy to read.

A good redemption story.

(James is still banging two ladies, despite being married? Lucky dog.)

DrPopeDrPopeabout 13 years ago
I can see the appeal ....

Mandy,

Its a well written and crafted tale that has developed a long way from where it began. However ....I'm a ex-pat Australian lawyer living in London and therefore it didn't work for me on a few levels.

It is set in Australia and there are way too many factual errors (legal, medical, cultural and environmental) as well as a sense of disbelief in the storyline that however hard you tried I couldn't quite suspend.

I feel as if you have read a lot of writing by overseas authors and assume many of the scenarios apply here.

Its a great tale but it didn't work for me personally.

But you write very well and paticualry you write sex scenes very well which is (believe it or not ) very rare on Literotica.

I hope you continue to write and hope you are well and high and dry so to speak after the tragic events of the past few weeks.

Cheers

Dr P

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
I have to mention this since you set the bar yourself

I rated you four stars on this story. It was a wonderful story about redemption.

One place it didn't work for me is she didn't defend herself once. People don't THINK they're the bad guy. Yes she got a wake up call but for every bit of resentment that James had for her, I'm sure she had a similar list. (Personal aside: James let her spend FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS, does the housework and screws her senseless, and gets to entertain her in mental wrangling. What exactly did he see in her again? When he goes fishing, does he use a pole or does he just walk into the middle of the lake and ask them to jump into his hand?)

So it seems a bit unrealistic that Kelly didn't try to defend herself just a little bit. Someone mentioned that DSQ could use you as an example for how to redeem a character. That's a fair cop. However, this leads to a different issue:

I originally found your stories on the JPB comments section where you excoriated him (nicely) about not giving a credible motive to his female characters. And again, you are absolutely correct! JPB seems to live in a world where women just decide to fuck around because it's pleasant, up to and including pulling trains of strangers at the drop of a hat because 'it's just sex and I really love YOU.' (Sorry Bob)

However I didn't get a very good sense of why KELLY did this! Yes, you had that blurb of 'I wanted spicier sex and I wanted to control him'. Mmm...meh. That's in the 'you don't do it for me in the bedroom so I simply went out to scratch my itch properly' rationale (and JPB's done that one to death too)

Debbie, for all her flaws as a character, was much more realistic to me. Her husband was always at work, fat, didn't pay enough attention to her etc. So she S.L.O.W.L.Y started to foster an attraction to another man and was planning on giving it up to him as soon as she could work up her courage for a divorce. THAT seems real. She wasn't calling up her friend demanding to be made 'airtight' by their husbands. (In your defense, perhaps you were simply catering to the crowd. This IS a sex lit site after all ;) )

That said, I still enjoyed your story quite a bit. Except for the first one where the voice was JUST PLAIN AWFUL, the rest of the tale spun rationally and flowingly.

Sorry this ran so long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Chick Flick

Pretty entertaining chick flick fairy tale; but please get a patient long suffering proof reader.

"smugger than I ort to?"

"wedding bells 'peel'?"

several others I forget...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
nice POV

On this site many of the advid readers including myself enjoys the punishment and demise of an unfaithful wife. The pov from the womans life is wonderful and remind me of redemption is still a viable alternative.

kudos to you Mandy ...In a psuedo voice or obe wan konobi of star wars.

Use the force and continue writing

Ty again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Ditto my comments from previous chapter.

Virtually unreadable. "roscovich"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Keep them coming Mandy01, excellent,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
HaMe

Congratulations!

The whole story is one very good plot and is written using super rich prose.

Yozu certainly earned the five stars I awarded you.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 13 years ago
She ended up better than she deserved. I would have been more satisfied if she went to a Nunnery.

And lived in a contemplative order. No talk, no fun, no pleasure. Just endless work and prayer. Self flagellation might be nice too.

peanut_buddhapeanut_buddhaover 12 years ago

Even with the very minor imperfections this is a well crafted story. It is very refreshing to see a story about somebody who by their own actions ends up in the shit and then learns from her mistakes making a story of redemption.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
COOL CHANGE

In the words of your rock song. So far ALL your 12 submissions are super good. Now all your next accolades will have to derive from your latest renditions. TK U MLJ LV NV

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
You really got the drift with the last two chapters.

Very nice work, especially good was the history lesson and the dilemma both men and women face in this time because of their roleconfusion. I don't know how it is for women but I can tell you for a man its really hard to grow up in this metrosexual times.

Tuzolto54Tuzolto54over 12 years ago
All I can add

From what I have said before is :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Strange

I like Kelly more than little Jimmie which is not the way I should when reading these types of stories, it must be because James is such a hypocritical son of a bitch. Also is Sarah a prostitute?

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesabout 12 years ago
Nicely done

I like that kelly was able to redeem herself, she made a stupid decision suffered the consequence and learned to be a better person.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Inept, illiterate and pathetic writ.

Bad. "1*" !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Much to think about

I don't know what rock the previous anon lives beneath, but there is enough shade tree philosiophy herein to merit a good score. Even perfect people are not perfect nor are imperfect people totally imperfect. This story, although somewhat difficult to read, lets us view both with one-way mirrors. Good work!

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
I like ; )

In the beginning the wife wasn't really my favorite person, she was self centered, manipulative, stupid, petty & childish. Instead of her being outraged about her so call slut "friends" making passes at her husband she was pissed at her husband & demanded he apologize! which to me says she had an agenda, she tried to use his fantasy so she can slut around & when he didn't fall for her stupid games it outraged the slut in training even more. The way she basically used poor James as a means to never having to work & have the audacity not to even help out around the house would've been grounds for me to kick the bitch to the curb. I'll never understand this need to do gangbangs! I loved the way James put the skank in her place when she claims she would've never enforced the pre-nup... Yeah right... She's a money hungry bitch that didn't give two fucks about James. I'm glad the slut has reformed and all. Her attitude towards marriage is ludicrous ! I'm glad now she knows marriage is 50/50 not 90/10. I don't for a minute Think that James is a hypocrite, for the simple fact that this fantasy she was trying to fulfill for him was nothing more than a trap & full of games! I've had 3 somes (2 girls) with my husband because that was his fantasy not because I wanted some weird perverse fantasy of my own. His new wife fullfled his fantasy because she wanted to not because she wanted something in return. James never would've actually gone thru with it while married to her she just seemed so desperate to have him bang her slut friends... I found myself knowing exactly why before James finally figured it out... He loved her he never would've done anything to destroy his marriage & he told the stupid bitch this instead of being joyous she got angry... Then she hired Sara & Michelle to seduce him so she can have him by his balls... Wow... What a vindictive stupid bitch! I'm glad she finally got her shit together & realized that those whores didn't care about her or her marriage. I will never understand why grown ass women let their slut friends put things in their heads?! These women are weak minded & are nothing more than followers. With that said even reform sluts deserve a second chance so I hope she keeps her legs close & asshole shut. Those belong to micheal...

mackenzie51mackenzie51almost 12 years ago
Skilled !

Mandy

Your writings are insightful and as well as a tale of redemption, as others have been quick to point out, it was in a superbly acomplished way, apocryphal.

This illustrates insight to the human condition in these troubled times and restores a glimmer of hope that we can (hopefully most of us flawed creatures) carry on and learn how to be better human beings.

A really good read, written with great skill. Please continue to give us all further pleasure with your talent.

Thank you sincerely

mackenzie51

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Redemption. Forgiveness. Contentment.

What a fantastic story. Thank you fir taking the time to craft such a masterpiece. It is my favorite story.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 11 years ago
Fantastic!

You are a real writer, with real talents. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
just another

cheating cunt with an excuse

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Well Done

Found these after I originall missed them. Very nice other side look and a great wrap up to this tale.

Thx!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
nice

i enjoyed this story very much. very nice.

solotorosolotoroabout 11 years ago
Save the language

"your's was a one off"

Incorrect. It should be one-of. It is a contraction of the phrase "one of a kind" meaning unique.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Just right

This was as satisfying the second time through. It's perfect: Hateful acts, followed by extreme shame and ostracism, followed by atonement and redemption, followed by reconciliation and forgiveness. Works for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
thanks

for taking the time and effort to understand the male psyche.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
first rate ending -

You made her pay big time and still let her grow up and succeed in life - compassion but justice too -

That was one hell of a series - great personality challenges and wonderful personalities all over the pages - I loved it all the way through -

Reading your bio and the prologues it suggests you are not a parent - you clearly understand how they ought to be and unless you simply are not of that mind set to rear children - it seems like you have the chance to be a pretty damn good one and sem like there may be a pretty special person in there. I know it is word processed acting (writing stories) but still there seems a grain of reality in much of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Excellent - Very well done.

Bev's insights on culture/morals was spectacular.

I read the whole series of tales in this story. Kelly is one of the best motivated and redeemed cheating characters on literotica. I hate cheating... but I actually found myself coming to like Kelly. Ok, like is probably saying too much... I'm not sure I like her, but I felt enough for her by the end that I was happy for her 2nd chance (OK... I'll admit that I was even rooting for her).

I think a key to my enjoyment of this tale was that Kelly did not get away with anything... no easy rec... she truly changed.... earning her happiness.

Thank you for this story

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 11 years ago
Solotoro

'One off' is a standard and long understood colloquialism. Mean almost the same thing, a one-time, effort, deed, or product.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
wow redemption

you did it you wrote a great story, and actually showed a male perspective on so many thing in a relationship through a woman, and you wrote the best redemption story Ive ever read..dam its over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hmmmmm

I have to admit as you wrote all of the demeaning things that happened to your main character I was very happy. The fact she was able to redeem herself made me just as happy. first time I ever felt that.

empiricalempiricalover 10 years ago
Excellent

I enjoyed this story immensely, well done Mandy.

bobyroy69bobyroy69over 10 years ago
Thanks

Really liked it. You showed RTB (Reform The Bitch) can be a nice track that other authors can pursue.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
delicious lemonade

Mandy, I want to join in the chorus of compliments you have received, you have earned, for this 'Dog to Lemon' series. Many feted published (and well paid) authors fail to achieve a decent ending for their work just to get something to the printer's deadline. Here you have imagineered a marvelous storyline.

I know I tend to belabor the point (better then being conservative on important issues) that speltczech is homophone-phobic. That the auto-correct functions placing the wrong word in the correct context are hilarious malapropisms.

And that illiteracy is a standard requirement for progroomers to be certified too missspell code. Academic English is one of the worst attempts at communication since Neo-Confucianism. Noah Webster was a pre-mature fascist and Thomas Dewey an incipient nazi!

As for the use of local slang for words, the Britamerican language as people actually speak, permits a wide latitude in spelling and meaning. I know I have seen 'ort' used before in other writings and not just cookbooks.

Perhaps some Aussies might be extra-sensitive about other people misusing 'their' idiom. For those people I would suggest that they themselves qualify as an idiom, with the last letter replaced.

I had submitted some work to the Literotica site and one of the reviewers processing submissions sent me an email. About how personally I had hurt their feelings with a few mild jokes gently poking fun at Canadians. (Fuck! They get most of our oil money, someone should make fun of the bastards!) And no, the complainer was NOT Canadian.

Instead they spoke with what was assumed to be a Canadian accent and other people would tease them about it! Excuse me! What the fuck truck just backed up over my foot and let out the flying pigs singing the Maple Leaf Rag?

'Scuse-m' I need to calm down enough to encourage you too write on. Do not be afraid to try and fail then to never try at all. And a flying figaroa to all the naysayers! Keep on creating and we will keep on reading.

rpsuchrpsuchover 10 years ago
It was the best of stories. It was the not best of stories.

I’m astonished that you knew to use maladroit vituperation, but routinely used you’re (you are) as a possessive. There was on page where there seemed to be an incorrect homophone in every paragraph (it may have been in another chapter). Yet your (possessive) command of vocabulary is impressive.

You also used the wrong tense repeatedly, especially by adding –ed at the end of words, regularly left words out and botched enough grammar to give me a headache. I almost screamed when I read, “You're mother grew up knowing how hard her parents worked for what meagre processions they had.” It should be “your” and “possessions.” I am bemused because I have never seen anyone write so well and so badly in the same story.

The story was well told with sufficient detail to make it credible. The historic perspective imparted by Bev was an excellent touch. I might quibble with some of the conclusions, but those are a matter of interpretation and the theme was accurately framed.

From before I went to school if a book got too close to me I read it. Reading a lot makes it easy to know which homophone is right, write, rite, wright to use in a given situation. It also makes it easy to pick up inadvertent misspellings like mopping instead of moping. That made me wonder if you learned more from studying words than from reading. On the other hand, your vocabulary is not only extensive, but accurate. It never felt like “look at all these words I know.” I don’t recall a single word where I would argue with the use of vocabulary (except when you didn’t use the word you were aiming for).

All that said, this series was well done. I would not have spent the time reading all five chapters if I didn’t think so. Keep writing. The skill required to put together a story this cohesive far outweighs the departures from grammar and correct word usage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Excellent

This story was excellent. I wish you would write some more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good Job on "Damn the Dog" Series

I really enjoyed the series. I don't know why I enjoy the BTB cheating stories but I like stories that explore the hurt caused by cheating, then retribution inflicted on the offending parties. In only a few do the cheating wives actually genuinely repent and are rewarded for it. Those are the best, and yours was one of the better of those.

I also enjoyed the vocabulary you used in the last story. Not only the rarities that came from Bev, but others used throughout the story. Someone commented about some grammar mistakes, but I did not find them glaring or distracting. Please write some more.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Good Job

This is the only story on this site that I have read where the cheating wife gets what is coming to her, goes through it, and rebuilds her life instead of sinking deeper into despair and depravity. While I do not really buy it, leopards do not change their spots after all, I liked the fantasy. From what I have seen of cheaters and other people who do horrible things is that it is a function of their personality. Right of wrong, it is simply who they are. They really do not consider what they are doing as wrong, otherwise they wouldn't do it! So, they usually re-offend and spread the pain!

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Question

If you are gay, why the interest in heterosexual "loving wives" stories? A large part of the loving wives dynamic is the difference between men and women's psyches.

frazodfrazodover 9 years ago

Thank you for writing this. I greatly enjoyed the turn-around. I am glad she found redemption and love.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
storyline

I really felt the last chapter with her getting remarried destroyed the story. She didn't deserve it

she claims never having given her ass after being fucked airtight. She's still a lying cunt

CarcamCarcamover 9 years ago
Learn to Read !!!

Calfllash: Read the story correctly! She wrote, "... I vowed never to do, and would not do it for love nor money." She was talking about " ass to mouth" and not anal.

sugna: I don' t think I' ve ever read a better discription about the differences between men and womens psyches then in this series of five stories !!!

Mandy01: I love your works and hope to beable to read many more! Keep up the good and beautifully entertaining works that you have written so far! Also, it doesn't matter if you are 20ish and an Aussi and gay and a female and that I am 70ish and a Yank and hetro and male ----- YOU ROCK ME, GIRL !!!

Carcam

southwestcavsouthwestcavabout 9 years ago
A few people do reform

... because they have made a genuine decision to do so and you brilliantly wrote about one such person. Was this really written when you were about 20? Amazing.

As I said after the previous chapter, please resume writing. Or if you are writing elsewhere, perhaps for money, tell us where.

Best wishes to an amazing woman (Mandy01 not Kelly).

InescuInescuabout 9 years ago
Well written

It was a plausible story of redemption with one exception. Given her actions, I just can't see James ever being willing to interact with her socially again. While it's reasonable he would eventually forgive her, I find it very hard to believe he would ever become friends with her in the manner the story depicts. After the things she said and did, it just isn't believable he'd ever get to that point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent

Some of the best writing I've seen here. Can people change? This shows that with the right influence, anything is possible. Please keep the stories coming.

Eroticafan8000Eroticafan8000almost 9 years ago
Liked it.

I liked that Kelly found the strength to go on. I liked how she was able to be reborn out of a shitty situation and really learn from her mistakes. They say to never trust cheaters. While that's true, you must look at what the cheaters are doing with themselves. Are they still on a destructive path? Are they still practicing their old ways? Kelly had to almost literally go through hell and back. She learned to be different. Some comments here say she should still be punished. I think when people still prefer the character to suffer even though they learned from their mistakes, that probably means their just too cynical. Probably were burnt in some way and sees no pleasure in a former baddie's recovery. To those people, I say grow up. Kelly actually wanted to get better and she indirectly told Mike about her past. She felt horrible about it and you idiots still want her to burn? Just shoot yourselves if that's how you think. There's always room for learning and recovery. That much anger and hate isn't healthy. I can see that "fuck her" attitude having ground if Kelly did it for selfish reasons or if she started being her old deceitful self again but just because you hate her still with no other reason? I'm sorry but you have issues. Forgiveness is always welcome when it's deserved and make no mistake, she did deserve it. Whether you like it or not.

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 9 years ago
Aussies

I discovered your storys only very recently and i'm amased by your talent,kelly's story is "choice" as a kiwi would say :)

I allways loved the aussie humor and theyr direct aproach to things

I gave you a 5***** well earned

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
great job

Excellent stories you aussie sheila you. Strange how the Yanks can't tell the difference between Brits & Aussies. Still they do struggle with anything smart, funny or different especially if it's outside their borders. Go the Reds! 5 *****

phil2213phil2213over 8 years ago
Simply feel good story at its best

I didn't enjoy the first two chapters of this epic tale, but your writing style improved as it progressed starting in chapter 3. The story was deep and very emotional especially the final two chapters. I always prefer happy endings. I can't offer you advice because I'm not a writer myself but I consider myself an avid reader and as such I enjoyed your novel immensely. The last two chapters reminded me of the Phoenix rising from the ashes, it was Hollywood caliber....actually better! Thank you for your time and effort in providing such thought provoking entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My firist

This is the first story I have made comment on. It was a good read. You did good!

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
Even a die hard BTB guy can love this one!!!

Such a lovely story of redemption. It makes the case for second chances in the best possible way.

graymangazergraymangazerover 7 years ago
Well done

At the end of the first story I commented that I actually felt a little sorry for Kelly even though she deserved everything she got, after this story I grew to like her, so well done for making her into a decent human being. It made for a nice uplifting story.

However, I did feel that everything was a bit too pat and fell into place too easily, I was hoping that Carol might return or something similar to really test Kelly's resolve, maybe add a little drama and tension. But it's your story and only you know how you wanted it played, and in the end I have to say I did enjoy it.

You have a very good and refreshing way of writing and I hope to see much more of your work.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

illiterate dumb shit.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Well, . . .

. . . it was quite a journey, one that was completely satisfying. Thanks very much for your fine effort. Not to throw any cold water on it, but I think that the last two chapters could have been a bit more effectively edited. But it was still wonderful to be a witness to Kelly coming back from the depths of her depression and transgressions to the possibility and probability of a happy and fulfilling life with Michael and her children. In addition, the forgiveness and guidance from all around her, particularly from James, her parents, and Bev, and Michael, was quite heartwarming. 5* without question.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
From Beginning to The End

The story had its ups and downs, even when different writers continued on with the story, but all-in-all, it was good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Enjoyable

There's nothing more affirming than a redemption story and nothing more satisfying than a redemption earned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I enjoyed

You wrote a truly enjoyable redemption story. Do I believe it could happen for real? Not really, but you made a great effort making us believe she could change. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Five Stars

Really nice story. Five stars, but only because there is no option for more.

Do I really believe someone that bad could turn out that good ?

Not really, however that is a personal opinion and does nothing to detract from a really excellent story..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
pleasing

A nice follow-up to That Damn Dog. I am always a sucker for redemption stories, and it is nice to see an author willing to put out some philosophy about larger/societal issues whether I agree with the philosophy or not. All-in-all, I consider my time reading this as time well spent.

notme

notmenopenotme@mail.com

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 5 years ago

Great story. Thanks.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
I enjoyed this whole series, but particularly the ending

This author set up what seemed like a completely irredeemable character, then had me rooting for a happy ending for her. It was a convincing transformation for me. I wouldn't have bought a marital reconciliation, waaaay too much water under that bridge, but a reconciliation as friends certainly worked here for me.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Rehab

Well, you managed to rehabilitate Kelly pretty well. Nice feel good ending. Not bad at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I wonder

I wonder if this might not be the most successful redemption story on this site. Tied for first, anyway. It makes one wonder about the author (not in a bad way, just curious as to what she is like, after reading this).

YvesmiYvesmiover 4 years ago
Good but...

Yes i like it, except the chapter at the courthouse. Gloating on a fallen enemy/friend.

However i am astonished that you, a woman, writes the story this way. Usually it is the male writers who depict the woman as stupid, immature and selfish whilst the husband is sooo intelligent, good, loyal etc.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 4 years ago
ANOTHER EXCELLENT STORY!

DAMN MANDY, SURE WISH YOU'D COME BACK AND POST MORE OF YOUR WONDERFUL STORIES!

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoover 3 years ago
Well Put Together

So I'm not one for chapter stories in the LW category, but I got so wrapped up in the first story in the series (That Damn Dog) that I had to look for the rest. The first three were actually a great setup to a nice BTB, but these last two gives great insight as to what happens sometimes with the cheater post-divorce. And I think this was well put together. I'm a firm believer of fair chances and Kelly here earned hers in spades.

5-stars!

-JMFC

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Thank you, very much.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Great story of atonement and redemption. Despite what she'd done, I couldn't help but feel bad when she was in the doghouse. Thankfully she worked her ass off to get out of it.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 3 years ago
Enjoyed all 5 chapters

It was a fun read, and you put your heart into it, which is always appreciated by any discerning reader.

People have moaned about the homophone errors and the misspellings, but there is one that I loved; when she saw 'the bugle in his pants", instead of the 'bulge'. I know it was a key-press error, but it fits so perfectly anyway, and my mind immediately started...

"She immediately whipped it out and blew a tune."

"She blew on it until she finally had to play 'Taps'."

"She played a symphony on that horn."

"He had a lot of brass, showing that in front of her."

"She flutter-tongued his bugle with expertise, knowing that no fingering was needed, and there would be no sticky valves to worry about."

I could go on, but they are all equally as bad.

Thank you for a very pleasant hour with your quintet of chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The last two chapters f***ed it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just found your works, read these five stories first. Very well done! I empathized thoroughly with each of your protagonists and found myself moved by their trials and triumphs.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

She Michael hervarse saying it was something virginal she could give him,

WTF!!!!

That’s a lie, when discovered by James having her little orgy she was airtight. Remember?

A bad way to start your wedding with a lie……..

Still a happy ending

Still 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

From riches to rags and back to riches. Yes she fouled up very badly, destroyed the person she loved from her selfishness then crashed and burned. However, thanks to her mother she rebuilt herself into something better than she was and she is open and honest of what she had done. One cannot keep kicking a dog when they are down. She paid the price. Saying all of that, would I have married her, no.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I held any comments till I finished the series, good read my man! Good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An earned redemption is far more pleasing than a ruined life. BTB makes the man as terrible as the woman

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Read the full series before commenting.

Best redemption story that I have read on this site, and I am securely entrenched in the BTB group.

5 stars

AngelRiderAngelRider10 months ago

I enjoyed this series more than the original. Kelly was too much of a cartoon character in the first.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories