All Comments on 'Love Among the Elk'

by Thucydides

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

What a remarkable story and it was erotic. It builds without insulting the reader with unnecessary sex, triple D cups, and foot long schlongs. I had the vicarious experience that good literature brings and it only took three pages.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Very nice!

Love your stuff. Thoughtful, well paced, and very real. The "Bless me, Gloria Steinem, for I have sinned" line was a nice touch as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Great Story. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thanks

Great story. Love your work. Write more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Award winning

Thank you for a delightful 20 minutes...You have a tallent that few have.

Hope you find writing rewarding....Hope to see you with a novel soon...

northlandernorthlanderalmost 13 years ago
A really good story

Thucydides, Thanks for a really good, pleasant story, a really absorbing read, and hopefully we will see many more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
One of the best!

An intelligent, well-written story with plausible details. Congratulations on a great job. Extra points for your knowledge of elk management.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Satisfying

So far all of the comments have been written by Anonymous, and all of them have been happy. Add my statement to that group.

Short courtships do work as my wife's and my courtship lasted 6 weeks, and our marriage has lasted 49 years so far.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 13 years ago
Very nice

Loved the story and the cute, witty dialog between the characters.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 13 years ago
One of the loveliest

and best-written stories I've read in a while. Many thanks, and keep writing.

Suite21menSuite21menalmost 13 years ago
Good Disney!

Single cowboy? Check. City girl? Check. Cute child? Check. Slight teasing and attraction? Check. City girl really a country girl? Check. Community support? Check. Proposal at her awards function? Check. Etc? Check. All makes for a great and sappy story which I had to read to the end. Nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I love happy endings

This story was one of the best-balanced I've read: It was erotic and romantic and funny. It even made me cry.

GentleVikingGentleVikingalmost 13 years ago
Winning formula

A breath of fresh air from all the suburban stories.

Keep them coming

ambush184ambush184almost 13 years ago
Good Story

This is a very nice read. Good story line, well written. I enjoyed it more because of the lack of sex and the tasteful way you presented it. Thanks.

AlpineskierAlpineskierover 12 years ago
yes, again!

This is the second story of yours I have read and, it clearly defines erotic writing. A true love story. Two individuals, well presented, properly exposed to the reader - and true to a proper love story - their lives with respect to each other. Please continue to write and share with us.

Thank you.

SaharaGuySaharaGuyover 12 years ago
Yes indeed

How nice to come across a story that is not one of the 'triple T's' and in which the author has complimented his audience by proof reading before submitting it. More please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
You sir are a marvel

And I love that you write in the Romance category. Interesting backgrounds, wonderful minor characters and protagonists that outright grab you. And when I look at the similar stories list, I see other favorites which means that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Thank you for all the effort you put into providing the readers entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Nicely written, as usual. Not overly erotic, as usual. Similar in plot, as usual.

You've got to change the stories so that I can change the last comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Your writing style, and locations, locations, locations

I LIKE the way you write! Either you've mastered your native language, or these stories are very well edited. No matter, they're a great read even though they seem to share the same plot line. Not a bad plot line to share, that.

As for the location angle, I'm an Oregonian, and I'm trying to place Jim's lookout--somewhere in Deschutes County? And mentioning Newkowin in that other story brought back some great memories of when my wife and I were younger and, ahem, friskier. Spent a lot of time at Pacific City, too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Okay, a Little More of the Game ("Guess the Location")

You mentioned Yamhill: could be county, town, river, or creek, but don't matter. Then you said you could see peaks (sounded like Cascades, probably some combination of St. Helens, Hood, Jeff, Sisters, and Broken Top). Since Yamhill is in the North Valley, and I don't know of a fire watch station in that area on the ridge including Bald Peak it would seem to be in the Tillamook Burn area. It could be modeled after Marys Peak but I suspect closer to Yamhill would put you in the Nestucca or Trask area (Tuallatin or Yamhill on the east side). I wish you would have mentioned a lake, then it would have been McGregor, Barney, or Hagg. Guess it could of been north of the Wilson, but that doesn't feel right for mentioning Yamhill. Anyway, that kinda makes up the area I think you are best describing. There are lotsa' cowboy types in the Coast Range area so it feels good, even if that would be State Fish & Game not the Feds. Oh welll . . . Lynn

ThucydidesThucydidesalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Location...

I didn't pick out a specific place and work from there; it was more a "generic rural Oregon" location. Don't try too hard to find the exact location because there isn't one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love it!

Really enjoy your writing, both the stories and the locations. Hope to see more of your talent in the future.

W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
loved it...full of fun and humour

a nice little tale of them finding love though separated by distance - a heart warming story.....

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
trailblazing good writing

T, I really enjoying your writing style and the quality of your characters and characterizations. I hope you will be posting new stories.

As for sex in a hammock? Well, my experience was a comedy of terrors. It was a good thing that me and the woman were drunk or we probably would have broken our damn fool necks trying to fuck in what is basically a string bag.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 9 years ago
Brilliant!

One of the most interesting things about Lit is going back and reading stories a second time, after letting them sit for a year or more. Some are so flimsy that they aren't even interesting any more, but yours are even better on the second or even third reading.

A thing that I didn't even think about before is the way you used Wendy's elk story, and its award, to free her to leave New York so she could marry the hero. Obviously that was what unblocked their romance, but you worked it all in so smoothly that I didn't even see how neat it was, bringing the ending about because of the very beginning, and you handled it all so smoothly that I let it blow right by me.

Some of the authors on Lit are good at plotting, some at characterization, some at dialog, some at pacing, some at painting the scenes. You emerge head and shoulders from the crowd by excelling at all of it.

I seriously admire your skill so much that I don't care what it is that you write: short stories or novels or grocery lists. If you write it, I want to read it!

Hans

jenellesljenelleslabout 9 years ago
Marvelous

I make attempts at writing and then read something like this. I doubt I'll ever put anything together of this quality. Keep up the good work. You have that touch that makes the characters in the story real people.

But, I read this and sharpen my pencil and fill the virtual paper. One day, I have hopes I can present a story that can be compared to yours at least a little bit.

Thanks for the inspiration to keep trying, and I'll keep reading.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
it's a pleasure to read a story as nice as this

I'm off to see it from her point of view

thanks

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerabout 8 years ago
Wow!!!

What a wonderful story from a really great writer. Keep up the good work.

GforGrahamGforGrahamover 7 years ago
enjoyable story, nicely written

Especially loved the part at the end when she put glue on her head.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Very nice story

Very good story. Actually, life in a big city can be suffocating because of the excess of people, its crazy to come and go from day to day and because of its lack of time with others (without entering into personal egoism's), I know it by own experience After living in the two main cities of my country, coming from a small but cosmopolitan city where I was born.

Good romance in the middle of nature.

Personally I did not know the existence of moose in Oregon, I thought they were rather in Alaska and Canada.

5 * for you and waiting to read the next chapter.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

ThucydidesThucydidesover 7 years agoAuthor
Reply to comment

In English "moose" (Alces alces) and "elk" (Cervus canadensis) are two different animals. Moose do tend to live further North than Oregon.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 6 years ago
Outstanding Story In So Many Wonderful Ways!

This is one of the sweetest and most tender tales I've ever read. Thank You for posting it.

MoogPlayer

ZigmysterZigmysterover 6 years ago
In regards to seeing moose in Oregon

About 15 years ago, I used to see 4 or 5 moose just grazing around Echo Utah. Echo is about 50 miles east of Salt Lake City. Have also seen them in the New England area too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Yep, worth a reread

I got a ways into this and went, "this was good the first time." 5*s

detroitdave

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyalmost 5 years ago
Lovely...

... and real. Very touching. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but sort of ignored the time zone difference in the "night time phone calls".

ShhnickyShhnickyover 2 years ago

good onya mate.

great story,

cheers

viejoviejoover 2 years ago

Really enjoying your stories. Please keep them coming.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53about 2 years ago

A very lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brought tears to an old man's eyes

Fernstar29Fernstar29about 1 year ago

As a wildlife biologist this gives me hope maybe I'll have some reporter want to do a story on me some day and have that story end up the same way as yours

Cracker270Cracker2704 months ago

A really well written romance. Thank you

Hugo999Hugo999about 1 month ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story ... simple and well written

Hugo999Hugo999about 1 month ago

Well written thoroughly enjoyed this

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous