All Comments on 'Friendly Concern'

by dangerouslydead

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Got her!

Obviously she wanted some variety. Of course, maybe they would be happier swapping but unfortunately the horses have all ready left the barn and the partners are branded untrustworthy..... which is worse than a kink in my book.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Big mistake

If you had posted this in LW you would have over 100 BTB fetishers leaving orgasmic deposits by now. The perfect set up and whip snap ending. Really, betrayedbylove would jerk off ten times to this.

john1946john1946about 11 years ago
OK

Now that was a really well done litle short story....Gotcha....Thanks

ryu77ryu77about 11 years ago
@Big mistake anon

Whats the matter, story too good for you? But you are wrong in your commentary. The BTB crowd would have ripped him for not making the husband kick her out the instant he found out of her cheating.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Snagged

I believe a certain anon has been sucking too much cum out of his father's ass to have an intelligent thought in his brain. This tale was perfect mind game between a man and his soon to be ex-wife. Set up perfectly and will come to its rightful conclusion. Good read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Yes

She would get kicked out after the meeting. The cheaters deserve each other. Fuck them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good story

Very nicely done plot and twist. The writing was a little stiff here and there, so an editor would be a good idea, but it really didn't detract much from the story.

gabaagabaaabout 11 years ago
Very Nice!

Beautifully done. Even though the end may have been predictable for some seasoned Lit. readers, the tension kept building and the interest was maintained right up to the very neat conclusion.

Thank you. Please let's have lots more stories from you and longer.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A good start

though it wasn't hard to see where it was headed. The best part should begin where this story stopped. 4*s.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
More is not always better.

Nicely done. You said as much as you need to say to make your point and no more.

Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
How does he feel

He knew his wife was cheating with his best friend, he is a divorce lawyer, I would already have the papers ready to give her but we don't know how he feels. Part 2 would work, but that's just me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good Start

The idea was perfect, but the conversation was a bit stiff. After you write their words, read them aloud to hear if they sound realistic. You certainly have a great premise if you want to continue this story. What does Veronica tell her husband? How does he react to her confession? How does he confront John? What does Betty say and do to John and Veronica after she reads the PI's report? Why after all these years did John and Veronica begin an affair? How do these two couples deal with such marital betrayal? Does their lifelong friendship make the betrayal easier to resolve or harder? Lots of interesting themes to explore ... have at it!

WanderingaimlesslyWanderingaimlesslyabout 11 years ago
LOL

Loved it . You laid just enough foundation then, allowed for how he would DESTROY his best friend for taking that away and bury the body in different areas.

This was like a master fisherman chumming the waters then setting the gut hook.

Thanks ****

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
sometimes less is...

more.

In this short tale just enough was all that was needed.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 11 years ago
Nice turnout

All is said...would have loved to hear their talk, though...Very nice work.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
IF YOU GIVE A PERSON ENOUGH HINTS

maybe they can think something for themselves. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
She is dead meat I hope it was worth it -

She took long enough to get the hint - the defense of the indefensible was enough to clue him in but he clearly knew it already and just wanted to make her suffer even more -

She now knew why her friend had not spoken to her in 2 weeks lol.

Burn them both - that level of betrayal is beyond even the normal - good story p[erfect ending with our imagination running wild.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

Cheating on your best friends wife. How low can you go? Cheaters suck.

ValerionValerionover 10 years ago
Where is it?

Where is the follow up where the divorce lawyer destroys both of the cheaters? That's the part I really like...the justice is served part.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Nice

Short sweet and neat like a powder train being lit

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

A nice flash story. Thanks.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Toying with her and us!

Finish the damn story!

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Yeah...

This should have gone in the LW section...still a five though.

IndyOnIndyOnover 9 years ago
I WAS GOING TO READ ALL YOUR STORIES.....

BUT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO FINISHTHEDAMNSTORY!

MOVIN' ON.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not another half tale

I would have given you a five for a finished story, not the one I have given you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Finished!

For those that say this story isn't finished, their lack of imagination is staggering!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you

Nice lead up very cool story thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Imagine the end??????WTF.

Asking people to use their imagination and come up with their own endings in almost all your stories is a very weak excuse for being lazy.

How about just posting a blank document and asking the people to use their imagination and make up the whole story???? I'm sure that would be better than what you have written so far.

You show great potential in your stories but you also come across as extremely lazy in your writing. Just 1 reading after completing your story would eliminate a lot of errors. Also you have an annoying habit of skipping words. It is like they are there in your mind but you don't type then. I used to do that back in school. I'd leave out simple words just to get it over with sooner.

You can do much better. I hope you continue writing. I'd like to see 1 completely finished story from you. Tc

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To Anon 10/28:

I have read too many of YOUR comments that accuse an author of being "lazy" because the story was not finished to your satisfaction. Guess what? When an author puts pen to paper, he or she has a statement to make, or wants the readers to start thinking about a posed question. Once that has been made, the story is over. To continue would take away from the original intent of the story. Have you ever wondered why most sequels aren't as good as the original? Instead I say you are a "lazy" reader...to lazy to use your imagination. Try it sometime. The resulting story always comes out the way you want... ;-)

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 8 years ago
Well done DD

To those that didn't get it, I feel sorry for you and your lack of education. Apparently, those complaining should never go for a walk in the forest, they can never do that, too many trees in the way for them to find the forest.

Simply put for those that didn't get it, we know that John was cheating, and John was cheating with Veronica. The reaction from Veronica told us that. End of story, it's complete. What more is there to say?

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17almost 8 years ago
The Writer's Concept vs The readers' Concepts

The Bible has answered mankind's questions for centuries. Only an illiterate reader would demand it be rewritten for his personal gratification. The writer here has put his story out to stretch our intellect and imagination. An excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ouch! 4*

This would be fantastic as a longer story.

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
Short and to the point.... again

You have some great ideas for stories, and can definitely write ..... but why make them so short ?

I love a juicy read and this was shaping up nicely .... then it was over.

I kind of feel a little cheated out of a proper ending !!

5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Like others

I wish they were longer because I enjoy reading them. I thought this was a perfect flash story though. It was easy to wrap it up .

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 7 years ago
Very neatly told.

(in accordance with your own brevity that's all there is to say!)

gldngolfergldngolferalmost 7 years ago
And?

What happened next?

Inquiring minds want to know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
confused

As to why a smile was playing on his face.

Unless he and the wife of his wife's lover were planning on becoming a couple

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@confused et all

Veronica was the one with whom John was cheating and her husband-the story narrator-knew it.

The smile indicated the pleasure he was going to experience taking John and Veronica apart.

Additionally, he anticipated a future sexual relationship with white Betty.

Funny though the the guys' names were not Reggie for cheater and Archie for lawyer

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice.

Short and sweet flash story that told a lot more than he was saying. The wife could have taken a chance any time to own up. It might have made a difference to him. Too late now. His smile was not a nice one but it contained the promise of exactly what he needed after her betrayal.

Subtle and well written.

4*

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 6 years ago
I've read a few of your stories today . . .

. . . and I really enjoyed them. Clear, concise, short, and quite satisfying. Thanks. 5* for every one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
And then...?

What the fuck happened then?

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 6 years ago

revenge is sweet. is it not?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very

Fun. thanks for the entertainment.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 6 years ago
Damn

You know what's funny? Some commenters didn't get it. They want a chapter 2.

Hmmm...

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Yep

I got it. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UGH!

NEVER FINISHED!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
its not that they dint get it

its that they want a story about burnt bitches

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Oh Yeah

It’s all over now but the shouting. And the two divorces, I guess. Very nicely done.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Another good one go Betty the other cheater is

Who could be her

No not my wife and I know it's you

Can he represent himself

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Ending was telegraphed a little early, IMHO.

But good storyline.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Caught,,, burn baby burn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
No Dumb People

Most stories on LW have one of the couples as dense as a tropical forest. No light penetrates. You, I'm happy to say are able to write with both parties seeing the problems clearly. Very refreshing!!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Good work.

Nicely done.

Love it.

I wish you gave more details on the conversation between them after their refill of their drink.

But it is what it is.

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

The trouble with these short stories is that if they’re good you want it to be longer, this one needed to be longer.

fritz51fritz51over 1 year ago

I love these little short ones. Do they leave us thirsting for more? When they are very well written, like this one - Hell yeah!

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

dangerouslydead is good at the sting at the end of the story. Another excellent short story.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter12 months ago

Like a straight shot of Tequila, this leaves you thirsting for a chaser. That’s a wrap, with 5 stars!

mariverzmariverz11 months ago

sin verdad salvo una confrontación?

without confrontation there is no truth or recognition?

that's a bye.... raac? of course! but when there is confession, when it is the first time.

in this story... trust annihilated, demonstration of the wife's true character..... is a you're out, strike 3... in my book, in my moral compass.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

4 stars. The conversation with the wife was fully pointless, earned nothing for him, no loss for her (aside from last sentence) and nothing for the reader. No mention of any downside later on for cheating for her. Implication is the other dude doesn't make out well in divorce, which is the only reason it's 4 stars instead of 3.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdangerouslydead@dangerouslydead
526 Followers
I write as a part of my anger therapy. It is a stressful world we live in and we can find outlets in different ways. This is mine.

story TAGS