All Comments on 'Marriage Is Overrated!'

by sojoman

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Bravo!

Truer words were never spoken. Love, of whatever form or shape, is only a hormone induced illusion. Eventually, at best, it turns into a fake tolerance of each other, be it for the children's sake, social approval, or whatever. Illusions and self deceit is what occurs if there is no divorce or breakup.

shaman43shaman43over 12 years ago
BS by the tonnage

Sorry your life, as lived, has made you so cynical. So unable to relate to another human being in an intimate way. But not sorry that you will not impose your immaturity on another person with your warped expectations of human behavior. Perhaps you could learn from reading some Rod O'Steele. Sex and its place in our culture has been bent till its reason for being is not longer recognizable. Intimacy, of any kind, with the opposite sex, has been estranged from any naturalness. We are a false culture with adolescent wants guiding our choices of behavior. Sex is fun. It furthers a sense of connection if it is shared with another person that there is the opportunity to experience the everyday experiences of life from sharing the chores to watching a great movie together to ..... It is fun and can be had with others like a shared run, a great round of golf, a wine tasting. You need to find a way to let go of yourself and open up to life without expectations and assumptions. There are no LAWS in human relationships. What a limited life you have internally if you believe what you wrote.

Raptor5Raptor5over 12 years ago
The Truth Hurts

Yes those Laws make sense. Love is hard to both people. You take what you can when you can. Cheating no matter the reason is not right. That's why I told my now Deceased wife when we married. You cheat, your gone. No excuses.

But in California, they passed Laws to null and void Prenups. You now have Inconsolable differences only. You can file under Adultery but they will change it for you. Everything now is 50/50.

If your wife cheats and you divorce her she gets the car, the house, the kids, Alimony and child support.

If you cheat she gets the same as above. So where is the 50/50 that the State says in the Laws?

Gotta love California.Plus I hear most States are going that way too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Spoken like a true cynic

A lot too cynical for my taste -- but I'm ignoring that. It could have been amusing but ... some of the rhetoric got in the way. Normally one would state the premise (this is non-fiction, right?), show your supporting position and back it up with data. You do that but in a fragmented manner -- Intermixing statements, examples, "laws" and some documentation is disruptive to the thought processes. If you organized the flow better, it could be quiet amusing and enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You "hurt my ego" so much

That I gave you 1*.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
IS THERE A CO-RELATION BETWEEN

over-rated and over-achieving, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 THE TROUBLE WITH LAWS

are the loopholes, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
funny but true

Funny totally true but works both ways women are whores men are dogs ,live with it and laugh every day and you will be ok

oatzaboatzabover 8 years ago
LOL 5*****

@ Sojoman you are great!

A newer survay shows the graduated 20' years men avoid the marriage activily.

1. They think the marriage impedes them in the life!

2. They are afraid the bastard kids! Unfortunataly the restart possibility of ex husbands without children support after bastard kids is in some USA states only!

(This is the most important to launch in everywhere!)

3. They feel the whole media show the husband role as a negative ridiculouse life situation!

The married male people rate decreases among the graduated 25-30 years people!

May it be the men will get married above 40 years except for being religeouse, being responsible for accidental kid or TRUE LOVE?!

Survey figures show 55% of the wives and 60% of the husbands had minimum 1 extramarital affair in lifetime.

Survay show 16% of the married spouses said they had 1 extramarital affair in 1 year intervalum.

This will be the most interesting survay shows 93% of the people said the faithfulness is crucial in marriage! What is this?! The 55 and 60% think also the faithfulness is important!

Once more LOL and 5*****.

I think the best solution is the next to wait until 40 years old to save enogh money in secret bank deposit and to marry ONLY SUCH WOMAN WHO WANTS MINIMUM 2 KIDS IMMEDIATELLY AFTER THE MARRIAGE AND SECRET OR OPEN DNA TEST!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Funny

And sadly accurate assessment of modern (well, not according to Ovid) marriage rites and wrongs. You left out any discussion of the effect of mutual respect on vow keeping but you didn't discuss unicorns or Santa either! Please write more on this site; fiction or nonfiction works for me. Thanks for your work thus far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What

What was all this gobbledegook,he was spouting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
it was really good at first

but it sorta devolved. a lot of your 'rule's over-lap and are redundant.

it's basically a psa to go MGTOW. A lot of dumb people assume MGTOW is being celibate, it's not. It's just avoiding marriage, because it's a raw deal.

The 'ego' rant is pure horse manure. That's a female tactic, to shame men about their ego. Ego is life. Men live and die on that shit. It's your reputation, it's your actions manifested into a spark-notes about your entire life. Why do so many people poo-poo the concept of 'ego'. You are NOT a Buddhist, so it's a good thing. Ego is self worth. Ego gets you up every morning, molds your every decision. Yes, you can have 'an ego issue', but you can also LACK an ego, and that makes you a depressed gray blah. You feel good about all your hard work learning how to cook/repair cars/be a good listener? That's just your filthy ego talking. Get ridda it...cuz...reasons? I'v never heard anyone really go after ego except women shaming men, wimpy men shaming men, pseudo wicca/witch/pagan hipsters that don't understand buhhism but HATE the west. Your ego IS tied into vows and morality. That's a code you live by. It helps define you, and you're allowed to take pride and identify with it. They are not separate things.

I'd be shocked to find the person that CAN separate the two. If your ego is hurt by someone, that means someone made a real effort to RUIN your reputation. And men do not have intrinsic value like a woman. We don't just...pop out babies to replace the old. Men are only as useful as they are useful, so the skills you acquire/ reputation holds a lil' more weight. And while I agree that women tell the truth about, "it's just sex", that does not matter. For men, sexual exclusivity and regularity are the ONLY things that matter. Men give up A LOT to be in a pretty one-sided 'partnership'. Women HATE it when men have other women become their best friends...they call it 'emotional cheating'. for men...it's just a friendship. for a woman...it's almost an instant deal breaker. she gives you exclusive sex to get YOU as her emotional tampon and provider....a new women that takes that role over is a HUGE threat.

i'll tell you now.....i confessed to my SO about how before we became exclusive i had sex with others, she was mad....but forgave pretty fast. but SHE STILL holds a grudge that i became besties with a chick a few years later. You do the math. Women aren't supposed to RELATE to men, they need to UNDERSTAND how important sexual monogamy is to him. And he'll avoid making women his besties in reply.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous