All Comments on 'Cost of an Oath'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

Despite the death i loved the fact that the wife got the fucking she wnated - she was now a forced whore in south america and would soon get aids and every other disease and die in pain and agony. works for me.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 11 years agoAuthor
Chill, guys! This was based on a true story

The guy took the easy option, true. But I can't criticise him.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
If it's really true

Then it's a real tragedy for the husband. If not, he was a fucking coward wimp married to a cheating whore.

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years ago
A coward's way out?

There was a man in northern Maryland who lost all three of his boys in an auto accident. A few months after they were buried he blew his head off. Bradley never recovered from the loss of his son. Too bad, this shit happens. I gave you a good rating, but didn't want to. I'm just glad it was short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Man up!

For a guy that faced down drug lords he sure seemed to cave easily to a cheating wife. Why not plan well, divorce her and take everything and just disappear? Or let her go to South America and get used? Sure some people can't live with the pressure, but you set this guy up to be far stronger than that, yet he killed himself? Doesn't track.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
don't understand

Killing himself?? For a "tough" guy with his background, having faced several dangerous situations, handling a cheating bitch should have been very easy. His son was dead, he should have taken all the money he could and just have disappeared, building a new life somewhere. After some time, he could have sneaked back and taken revenge on her and some of her lovers, even in south america (after all he has been in undercover operations before).

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
Payback?

Payback?

MattblackUK i do not think you understand English, there was no payback and your character killed him self,is it the English words that give you pause? In no way does this gibberish make sense "oh Ive spilled my milk i must end it all for the sake of the dog"---? that's your story, wow you taught her a lesson and carried on your sons name he will be remembered....seriously..... well if that's your plot twist carry on, i cant wait for the next one.. she burned dinner well that's it for me then ill show her "glick".. its a 1 rating

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Not finished

Maybe you should have enlightened us concerning "the life of a 'Meretriz Inglês' in Rio", because I have no idea what that phrase means. Some sort of whore who is abused every day, or something?

user110user110almost 11 years ago
meretriz = prostitute

since yall speak ingles, yall can figger that one out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WTF?

He's gonna hold his breath till he turns blue? Just exactly how is this going to payback his wife if she really doesn't give a crap if he turns blue or not?

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

Really loved it in the end.

BDEarthBDEarthalmost 11 years ago
Not Much

Sorry, the story line was a little weak and the ending made no sense.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
USUALLY THE COST SHOULD BE SHARED

and not solo-ed. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What a fucking loser the husband was

Big time tough guy detective had no clue his heartless CUNT wife was cheating on him for 5 fucking years and then his big payback is to kill himself. LOSER! She didn't care about him and neither did her CUNT friends so who cares if he kills himself. That's perfect for the CUNT. of course that explains why the wife was cheating and held him in contempt. HE WAS A COWARD LOSER! The writer should follow. Pathetic and empty! what a waste

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wimp out

I always thought the RMPs were a bunch of whimp outs!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Thats not even a story, I noticed this 'writer' comments on how bad other writers are, yet he can't be fucking bothered to actually write a beginning, middle and END to a story.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
He took the easy way out...

He took the easy way out...And for what? The destiny of his cheating wife was traced for a long time!!! Even if he didn't commit suicide she would go to Rio and become a whore, and he would be free from her forever...2*

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
CUTTING OFF YOUR NOSE TO SPITE YOUR FACE SEEMS SILLY

but suicide is helpful for no-one. TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Loser

2 stars only because she met a sad fate, but why should he have to die?

Better that he publicly shame her, then dump her ass and let her go whore out in Rio.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
disconnected

This is a short flash story but the husband's suicide and the wife's demise are disconnected. Her demise is really based on one of her lovers not being what he seemed.

The story might be based on truth but you are still writing a story and you need to connect his suicide as being the cause of her demise. The story is what matters not the facts. (and let's face it, if we are dealing with some drug busting supercop with tons of high tech surveillance equipment lying around in his garage, we are not really concerned with facts in the first place, are we.)

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Stupid

If the husband had the skills and connections listed in the story he could have arranged for the wife to suffer big time. Him offing himself was totally out of character. Rotten story with no redeeming factors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What

With his background and training and how the story began, I thought he was going to let everyone think she ran away and then have a long private talk with her - just before he buried her in his sons grave?

I gave you a two, only because it seems as though you could write well...guessing, of course!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
suicide like this involves a deep psychological problem

there was nothing in your character sketch of him to justify the action. Indeed, what little background you gave contradicts his behavior.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years agoAuthor
The suicide of the former soldier is based on a real story

He found his wife was cheating on him and all his military training made no difference to him. He killed himself.

And his damn wife got off with sympathy of her friends.

Now, that's not fair, but it is real life, sadly.

Mordant96Mordant96almost 8 years ago
Too Short!

Your stories are so readable and enjoyable, I hate to see the end.

Don't stop writing, you are an inspiration to beginners like me.

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Suicide cop out

Well written, weak plot without suspense or other tension, crappy theme. Suicide as revenge is dishonorable to say the least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I Came Close

Tears flowed down my face like an open water faucet. The barrel of the gun poked in my mouth. To fire in that contorted manner, I had to use my thumb, not my trigger, or index, finger. Why? I had just caught my loving wife in a voluntary gangbang of epic proportion. And I heard the words from her mouth that ended our marriage. "It's not that I don't love my husband. I do. But I have known for quite some time that one man would never be enough for me." I slinked away, unseen and unheard, to go and end my life. As I was beginning to apply pressure to the trigger, I felt a hand on my shoulder. But no one was there! But it was just enough to stop me. I eventually got my divorce, despite her fighting me tooth and nail. She had the nerve to tell me she wanted the credibility that marriage to me gave her, but she wanted the freedom to enjoy other (massive amounts of) men afforded her. About a year later I was free of her. She has three children now, one each from three of her husband's brothers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just sad and stupid

Why make the male character so weak. He would have never killed himself did you just have to make him a wimp. Does it reflect on the writers own personality. Break the mold and stop going the all husbands are wimp crowd1YqT2

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a fucking piece of garbage.

Why are the men always wimps. These authors must be the wimpiest fucks alive to write these shit stories. Loving wives has more willing cuckolds and wimp authors. Every once in a while give your male characters a set of balls. Is that to much to ask?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
One of my favorite quotes...

...given to me by a fellow who never ever said anything else that I agreed with.

"Living well is the best revenge."

Notice it does not say, "Dying well is the best revenge."

This may be the first time I've read an ending and wished it was a "kill the bitch" ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Damn, I usually love Matt's stuff....but this was a BIG swing and a miss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

But needed a little more on the slut's suffering.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60about 5 years ago
WT....?

This story was as "Whack" as they come...1-Star

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
He

He should have taken her with him, but that would have been too quick. Like Susan Smith, she would face every remaining day knowing what she lost. Justice.

jbpeters74jbpeters74over 4 years ago
Maybe too Dark

I think it would have been more fun, if he did the same thing, but made her and everyone think he killed himself, but didn't. But it did give me a couple ideas.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
Nope

Never a fan of suicide, especially as a way to burn your wife?!?

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Dark isnt a good enough word for ths

Damn this was a brutal story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
he killed the wrong one

should have extracted some revenge on her and her

a hole friends then kill her

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well, if he was going to off himself anyway....

....he should have taken the bitch and a few others with him; track down a couple of her lovers.

gingerhuntergingerhunterover 3 years ago
Mourning the son

Like all fathers, this MC was his son's role model for how a man faces a crisis and works through tragedy to seek satisfaction in life. It is not surprising the son did not survive his battle with cancer. When faced with the destruction of his marriage, almost certainly a lessor stressor for most than being diagnosed with advanced cancer, the MC showed absolutely no resilience or effective coping skills. His only responses were to leave a painfully passive-aggressive suicide note and then use a nonviolent means (more typical of female suicide) to end his life. Where would this man's son have learned tenacity in the face of adversity or developed the strength to struggle against insurmountable odds?

These are my sentiments at the conclusion of MBUK's sad story: Grief for a son who faced death without an exemplar for survival. Pity for a man who married without the skills to outlive the loss that relationship. Scorn for a man who fathered a child he was unprepared to parent. Indifference for an unfaithful slut who dared to blaspheme her dead son's soul.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Dark

Another dark one from MattUK. Wish he had finished her himself, but maybe he was the lucky one.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Wow - you warned me. 5*

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Why would you want to have your mc commit suicide?

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

More stupid than dark

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

you must be a female, gay or transgender, because you kill more men than the family court system.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There is apparently no limit to the weakness of the UK male. Utterly pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wife cheats, insults him, and he takes cowards way out... Fucking WIMP !!! If he was so keen on dying for the bitch, he should have taken her along. Well the author seems to be pathetic excuse of a man to write such a story. In fact he should take the same the same route and save us further misery.

Tiger27Tiger27almost 3 years ago

Should have faked his death!

Good story!

perpusperpusover 2 years ago

"Bradley was the wrong person to mess with. He had been In the Military Police and had done a number of highly sensitive undercover jobs to bust drug gangs on army bases so had vast experience in covert surveillance. In fact, he still did the same type of work in civilian life, with the City Police Department, having finished 10 years in the army when he had been 29 years old."

(and what is that word for...)

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

I'm sad this guy died. He seemed like a good one, even if he married a narcissist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You created a character who loved his son, thought he had a good wife, served in the military and civilian law enforcement positions and then let him commit suicide without a second thought. It is one thing to create a push over for his wife but to make him a coward and not let him fight for himself? No, this was a poor plot base.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again. He should have arranged to blow up the cackling set of witches meeting at his house.

ArdieffArdieffabout 2 years ago

Why get so depressed? Why not get angry?

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

Unrealistic and pathetic. Bradley is an MP and a cop and has dealt with tons of crap, but lets his skank of a wife drive him to suicide? No, I don’t think so. **

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When I got Divorced My Brother said do not get mad . I got even by living a great life true I have had 2 divorces but now I think I have finally found misses right . This guy killed himself for No reason what so ever . Guess what his wife was a Cheating and lying Skank . He should have found himself a women that Loved him . Not his Money just Him and then have more children

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Great big yawn on this one.

It felt like the literary version of the proverbial red headed step child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a wanker! I can't imagine any man topping himself over a two bit skank like her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Details! Details! Details! You cheated your readers out of the best part. Just one or two more lines and....well, we'll never know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can't believe that he would chose suicide to end his marriage. If he was a veteran of both military and civilian LE he should have seen enough to harden him to a cheating wife. If anything it would stiffen his resolve to get revenge in a way equal to her deceit. The ending as a sexual slave was a possible answer but not for Bradley.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope

Dope

Suicide is not an answer unless while taking out as many enemies as you can

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If he felt like suicide was the only option, then he should’ve planned for the next girls night, and showed up with a bomb. Take the evil witches with you. Schedule an email with the recording saying that since the rest of the women approved of his wife’s actions, they got to share her punishment!!!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And she deserved what she got.

Ed

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Weak story about a weak man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unhappy! Served in the Military myself, MP’s tend to be hard blokes, they may chose to take out he witches coven but not themselves, not really sure what the payback was but from the way it’s written very much the slut was abused to a very painful death

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Should have taken her out first!

4

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is a stupid story with no character motivations, no insight, and no development. Pathetic in every respect. Don’t waste your time.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster112 months ago

Yes, it was a very dark tale, and unnerving in its ending... not a big fan of death in erotica, but 4 stars for conveying his angst.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I've only been in the military a very short while due to medical conditions. That being said, the few MPs & later police officers I've met, I wouldn't believe ANY of them would end their lives under these or most other conditions. He's faced the Mafia & others, but his wife's adultery causes him to commit suicide? Are you serious in this writing?

Also unbelievable- the bitches that mocked her husband badly & wanted her cheating left her after the funeral? 2 stars & sometimes I believe I'm overrating this story. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

THAT’S your idea of him paying her back? All he did was take the easy way out.

Ridiculous69Ridiculous6911 months ago

I don’t have a problem with it being dark but why do you feel the need to make hubby weak and pathetic. He should be much tougher with the background you gave him. Does everyone think men are so foolish and stupid they would miss 5 years of cheating? Taking his life is way out of character and makes no sense. Dumping the slut and ruining reputation didn’t require suicide. Just another example of a writer making husband weak and coward. Nope

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

I don't mind bleak and dark but I had to look up what Meretriz Inglês meant to even understand how this was payback it just seems incomplete

MeAReader2MeAReader23 months ago

Would’ve been a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ if not for the suicide. Gave it ⭐️⭐️⭐️. He should have been stronger than that.

kirei8kirei8about 1 month ago

Sucked! That was a payback???

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
1466 Followers
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later