All Comments on 'To Love a Stray Ch. 19'

by Mygypsy

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
GimletEdgeGimletEdgeabout 11 years ago
Epic

It's all risen to the level of an ancient Greek tragedy along the lines of Electra or Oedipus Rex, only here it's not Greek gods but were-cat sensibilities driving the spiral. To Love a Stray never shied away from brutality and pain, but it always maintained the hope of love over fear and jealousy. It's hard to conceive of a "Happy Ever After" ending, but if anyone could bring it off, it would be Mygypsy. So, with fingers crossed and hope raised by the brief afterword, I continue to believe in a rosy (Rosy) ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Force yet again.

I really did love this story at the beginning but now it just seems to be the same thing over and over. Rosy loves Micah and he loves her. End of story. But instead of working it out between them you have yet again forced her into something she doesn't want. You need to give her some balls and make her talk through everything with Micah and that would be that. With this new turn I will not finish reading this series because it just goes around and around in circles of them not talking or understanding each other and someone forcing her into something else. Sad to say cause it started out as a good story.

LilMissSexyBitchLilMissSexyBitchabout 11 years ago
All is well that ends well!

I agree with both previous comments. The story is going in circles and becoming a tragedy at the same time, but where there is darkness, so shall the light shine brightest. Maybe this is exactly what Rosy needs in order to find out who she is and what she wants for herself and her kitt. I will continue to follow the story and hope everyone finds what they need and want in the end especially Rosy and Micha!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I'm glad Rosey is leaving! She has torn to shreds the pack. Micah needs a strong female, not a mentally disabled one. Please don't put them back together!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

This chapter works much better than the last one. As hard as it must have been to bring in another POV character, it truly helps the story. Having first person POV on your two main characters was great (I do love unreliable narrators) for getting to know and understand their thought process but was starting to severely limit your ability to keep the story moving forward.

Pulling out of Rosy's and Micah's heads, until needed by the storyline, will keep the motives for their actions and reactions open for speculation and prevent you from being forced into reveals (to the reader and the characters) just to keep the story moving along.

I'm now back to wondering what's going to happen next and no longer feel the need to take Rosy and Micah aside to slap some sense into them because I no longer know what they are thinking. :-D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
It's just not possible...

For me to be anything other than upset that Rosy is yet again going to be forced to be with a male she doesn't want ( with the accompanying rape), only this time it is a board calling it 're-education' instead of Wade ordering a rape and calling it a justified punishment for theft or the strays calling the rape a business deal of sorts for money or land. You did ask nicely, but I am upset with that part of the story anyway, although I have hope it won't really come to Rosy marrying Alan (what a creep, to force a woman to marry him and bear a daughter to keep his land). I thank you so much for the descriptions of the clan, it was better than what I had made up. It also clarified for me why Rosy chose to play around with Chris; he didn't look as intimidating as clan males so she probably felt safer with him in addition to his being gentle with her. Also appreciated the history on Marissa, it explained a lot. Kurt's voice was a welcome and somewhat neutral perspective, you are beyond clever. Thank you for continuing to write this story, even with the tough times you've had with you mom's health and your friends' tragic loss. I hope your life is in a good place now. I look forward to the next chapter, as always.

Yves

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
this sucks

After all this time just to force Rosy to marry a stranger and Micah to walk out.Rosy has had a complete set back. All of that progress wasted and for what? Sake of a plot line? Highly disappointed. You've had Rosy burn all of her bridges. 1 star because you are better than this and these characters deserve more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I am checking for an update on this story constantly

when I saw it today I was happy and then I was to scared to klick on the story link because of what I might find... however curiosity won and now I am waiting for the next chapter again ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sad

Really considering stopping reading this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
OMG

So didn't expect the turn in events but so not fair I soooooo wanted Rosie and Micah together, A little drama first but I wanted a happy ending for the both of them! Please make them get back together! PLEASE!!!!!! x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Yay!

Glad to see another update though sorry to hear about the issues you've had :(

Loved the new perspective, it gave a fresh look at how characters are seen and their relationships.

Can't wait for the next one :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Stop back tracking

Your undoing all the progress in the story just stop

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow

So glad you are back, I hope life is going better for you, your friend and family. I did not see this turn of events coming, but it's still a great story and cannot wait to see how this twist plays out! I like everyone else wanted Rosie and Micah together but I still cannot wait for the next chapters!!!!!!!! Keep up the Great work!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Happy ever After?

I would have to agree with the majority of people. Micah and Rosy should be together but they need to learn to talk. And Rosy needs to get professional help. Maybe this Alan Cummings will provide her the help she needs without forcing her.

I for one feel that if Rosy is raped or forced again or anything else bad happens to her, I am done with this. It is time for healing, forgiveness and happy ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
disappointed

It seems like whenever rosy gets even semi happy you throw in a twist to once again ruin her life. While this story started out great it it's turning into an endless loop of rosy getting screwed over.

PrincessJezebelPrincessJezebelabout 11 years ago
Setting aside the storyline for a moment...

The narrative device of bringing in Kurt Black's perspective was a BRILLIANT idea! Granted, it would have been better it you had provided the physical descriptions of the characters from the beginning, but this device both provided those descriptions AND moved the plot forward. It also was VERY helpful to have an objective observer, especially one with training in psychology and counseling. Though I think he had lost some of his objectivity at the end, he sure had a good reason for his righteous indignation.

That all being said, I'm afraid I have to agree with all the others who said they wished that Rosy and Micah could work things out. But having a large number of people choose sides and force them together was the worst possible thing any of them could have done, which is exactly why it didn't work. On the other hand, the fact that Rosie finally got mad enough to blurt out what had been done to her in front of Kurt and his clan was a positive development, even if the punishment will be very harsh.

The last thing I agree with others on is that it sucks to put Rosy once again in a situation of being forced to do what she doesn't want "for her own good." She is NOT crazy and does not need yet another bunch of MEN deciding she needs another MAN to try to "fix" her. She desperately needs someone (like Kurt) to listen to her, and coax her to tell what her problems are. That is what I expected as soon as you introduced Kurt as a counselor--that he would listen to both Rosy's and Micah's sides of the events and feelings involved, and help them to resolve what are really just misunderstandings that spiralled out of control. I guess I have some hope that could still happen.

Boy, you weren't kidding about the shit hitting the fan! I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

FlutterbyButterflyFlutterbyButterflyabout 11 years ago
Heart wrenching

I love the freshness an outsider's POV provides. Kurt and his son saw so much the Williamson Clan missed. I guess they are used to Rosy's often paranoid/skitso behaviour but didn't understand the reason for it.

So Mygypsy, does Sam, Mitchell and Rosy have half the power Kurt Black does? He is their uncle.

I got the impression Kurt isn't about to stand by and see Rosy forced into a marriage she doesn't want.

And I agree it is about time Micah stopped making excuses for Rosy and her behaviour. He's always been like, 'she doesn't know better', 'she's probably scared'

I always felt that by him doing this he enabled Rosy to be weak!

Micah is such a strong character that he deserves a strong she-kitt for a wife. I bet there are other she-kitts out there just waiting to snatch him up!

But Mygypsy hinted in her end note we haven't seen the last of Micah and Rosy as a couple.

And what is with slimbag Edwin starting to man-up? Really, I don't believe he was bad because of this whole trying to impress his father, Edwin is a creep. Kudos for writing characters a person loves to hate.

Anxiously awaiting the next chapter,

Flutter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Thanks for this chapter!

Poor Micah. Yeah, Rosy needs some serious help, but still. I look forward to you putting this all back to rights!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Brilliant

While I do hope and belive that Rosy and Micah will be togeather in the end it is a great addition to add Alan to the mix. She needs time away from that clan to see what she needs to come into her own. Kurts point of view was another great addition. Hearing Micah and Rosys thoughts would have been to much in this chapter and by keeping with Kurt we got the answers we needed to help make the story flow.

And honestly even keeping Rosy and Alan togeather would be fine with me as long as Micah gets some kind of closure in the end. Its time for both Rosy and Micah to grow up.

lucianloverlucianloverabout 11 years ago
Hmmph!!!!!!

This is why I prefer werewolves to werecats!!!!! This mess would have been sorted a long time ago!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Feels like a non-stop torturefest.

It's as if you feel this compulsion to break Rosy as badly as possible so that she can reinvent herself as the good little slut-slave everyone expects her to be rather than an individual with her own personality and rights.

The sad thing is that you give the reader exactly what should have happened long ago - a firm, just and decisive punishment for that little shit Wade and his rapist kid Edwin, yet the instrument of that justice is every bit as corrupt and worse. On one hand black is yowling about all the horrors done to his niece, and yet here he is arranging for her to be raped yet AGAIN by Alan. For her own good, of course, and of course it's not really rape if she's forced to be married first, right? But it's certainly NOT by her choosing. How the fuck does that even make sense to him, how can he be so sadistic while going on a hypocritical rant about his American cousins? No wonder the other PTSD victim committed suicide. He has no empathy whatsoever.

Worse, it just blows my mind that Jazzy FINALLY gets the truth from Rosy and unlike what all these people have been suggesting, that Rosy should just communicate and things would be all better, she turns her back on the woman who saved her life, banishing her from the area because of her telling the truth about Jazzy's shithead father and her shithead rapist brother. How dare the little slut call them out for what they did, right? Jazzy is so selfishly insulated it's unbelievable. Not an ounce of gratitude. Rosy should have let her die.

The problem really is not Rosy here. She's a victim, suffering from PTSD, hurting so badly she's driving the one person (her brother) who has stood by her despite the lies about an affair with Edwin and the people who inflicted this horrible crime on her have gone unpunished, while their family makes endless excuses for them and whines about breaking up the clan.

Maybe if they weren't so morally bankrupt, the clan wouldn't be on the verge of breaking.

Like many others, I'm starting to dislike characters that I once very much enjoyed. It's like they all seem to exist solely for the purpose of making the she-kit they all pretend to love so much nothing but miserable. It's like torture porn, and if I wanted that, I'd watch a 'Saw' movie.

If they love her so much, why haven't they bothered to COMMUNICATE with HER?

EuphoriaSlam69EuphoriaSlam69about 11 years ago
Meowwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrr!!!

What we've always known: Pussy is messy!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Forced - Again!

Not sure I will be carrying on with this story - it is just too depressing to read another round of Rosy once again being forced to be with a man, a random stranger she doesn't want, very much against her will.

I had hoped with the introduction of a councillor figure, she would get the help she needs and not the usual Clan bullshit she has had to deal with. Whether that would be a future with Micah, or alone, would be decided along the way, but once again the chance is seemingly gone and another round of torture is unleashed on your lead character, or should I say besieged victim. I really did like the character of Tawny/Rosy at the beginning of this series, she was strong, self-reliant and smart. But she has been gradually whittled away and devolved to a pale shell of her former self. She needed help to get her head back together, NOT another random male forced on her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
this sucks

I agree with what PrincessJezebel said and so many others. About time to stop reading this story. The constant abuse of Rosy is starting to wear very thin. Surely you could think of other plot lines - like Micah and Rosy starting their own clan and the troubles they encounter but stick by each other because of their love for each other. But it seems you only have one plot line - abuse Rosy again and again and again and again...........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
so not fair

Rosey and Micah belong together i loved your story at first but now it sucks

please bring rosey back with Micah i am so sad

catman71catman71about 11 years ago
three thoughts

what did Kurt say about her mother, do you really think any of these "alphas" stand a chance against a pissed of micah , or more importantly, him and his "brothers"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
OH BOY

I am so happy we got another chapter and am looking forward to the next one. I really liked all the descriptions of characters that was cool. I was ready to punch out Alan though, all I could think of was a creepy old guy trying to marry Rosy. and Ray's a dink. i cant wait to see how it pans out!

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessabout 11 years ago
oh wow mygypsy,

Well, well, well. Fantastic chapter and refreshing new point of view. I think it's amazing how emotionally involved you have your readers. My thoughts, Rosie isn't as innocent in this latest disaster between her and micha as some people make out. While I understand concessions should be made for her, every little thing she does wrong should not be excused by shes been abused so it's okay. Abuse does not define a person it's how that person handles it that defines them. It's been plain as day that Rosie needed to get away from the clan for a while I had been Hopin g for a few chapters that micha would take her on holiday just the two of them for many chapters. There was always too many people involved with there relationship and no real groundwork of truly getting to know each other was done so I see the micha rosey split as inevitable. Though I hope they find there way bk to each other eventually. I think Rosie spending time with Alan is a positive thing provided she dosent get forced to marry him in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Squee! I haven't even read this yet, but I'm so happy you posted and I hope you and your friends are doing okay.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Hmmmmm...

Don't particularly like the turn of events in the chapter. Very disappointed. :-(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
not happy :(

I wanted micha an rosey to be together. I was not happy with this turn of events

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This blows

This sucks. I have followed this story since the beginning and rosy and Micah should have ended up together. This is bull s**t. Everytime they get close to being happy all of a sudden you throw some random bull fight into the mix. Then you want to put her with some random old dude. I am extremely disappointed that I waited and got so excited over this crapy ending to an otherwise good story.

kitty5670kitty5670about 11 years ago
Love the story

If you read Mygypsy's stories, you see that sometimes unexpected twists appear. That's what makes her stories so good! At this moment, I'm hoping somebody can wake Rosy up, smack her brothers, punch Micah in the face and give the counsel members a strong kick in the crotch. Really unexpected. Once again everybody is making plans for Rosy's life - except Rosy. I'm hoping she toughens up soon and anxiously await the next chapter. I'm SO HOOKED!!!

kdach1kdach1about 11 years ago

I didn't like Kurt Black passiveness to sit back and feel out the situation, I would have like it better if he took Rosy out this stressful place to some where she could think about what needs to happen next for her, the kitt, and Micah without being in fight or flight mode. But him not doing anything in that situation might be the last straw for Rosy who might run away and never come back. Plus with Jazzy taking her back on the woman who saved her life to banned her because of HER FATHER'S horrible choice to force somebody who's already been traumarise repeatedly didn't want them to get report because she didn't want her family members to pay for crimes they commited cause it would break up her clan is stupid. The issue I have with Micah in this chapter is that he never let the situation calm down enought to have a civil convo with Rosy. Issue with Rosy is her need to make it worst by not thinking in the moment right before her actions that blows everything out the water because you have show us that she thinks about thing she does even in situations like that why I like her character so much because was level headed enought to think her way out of bad outcomes. Like stopping Mitchel from leaving Jazzy to be with her because he loves Jazzy. I'm still going to read because unlike other readers I like twist and turn that makes me feel different emotions for each characters.

mrpervy46mrpervy46about 11 years ago
WOW

I didn't totally agree with everything, but putting Rosy with Alan was the right thing to do. Rosy has been using the stray thing as an excuse for too long, I think the correct saying for her would be, "Suck it up Buttercup". Wade will get what he deserves. Rosy should have been taken before the board long before this, and communication with her existing family, whether she liked it or not, it was their right. I would think that

having strays running free would very dangerous for all the clans. I would think secrecy, would be important. I would think they would be executed when found, and only she-kitts rehabilitated. I defiantly think what you did with Rosy was the correct thing to do. I would have made a great she-kitt, being just transgender kind of sucks, but oh well, good job honey. I got your back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Eh?

So confused by this story, I have read the chapters from the beginning and find that its inconsistent in development of a story. Twist and turns are suppose to enhance a story and create a lead to a resolve or ending. I found in some chapters, some revelations/story developments are just confusing and offer nothing. For one, now three voices had narrated this story and I find myself less inclined to feel any sympathy towards 'Rosy'. Her past is explained and some characterization of her in these writings compliments this, but other times its just doom, followed by tragedy and doom. Poor Micah...I find myself wondering what disaster awaits, instead of anticipation towards the 'happy ending' i was looking for. I love Mitchell & Sam, and feel that there is great opportunity to develop other characters & weave their stories into this but it seems to be constant 'rehashing' of the same. Apologies if this seems harsh. I've been following for so long, but my patience has gone. :(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
To those of yous

To those of yous that aren't happy with the direction of this story I request you pull your head out of your ass. Think like the victim here. Rosy has constantly had to deal with the instigator of her rape. She's constantly surrounded by his family. People who are blood relatives to Wade. The paranoia is a constant thing for her even if her brothers are there.

With Alex, her dad is using her. He is using Rosy to get some recognition in the werecat hierarchy. D what the council wants and gain some favor in their eyes. Also I don't thing Alex is gong to make her mate with him. She for all intents and purposes is in a sort of rehab. He is a rehabilitator who is helping. He's not making any sexual advances on her yet. H said what he did to get her attention, to make her start thinking about more then herself and being self destructive.

After hearing all the people bitching about this chapter it really makes me wonder if you read and take into consideration the rest of this story or if this is just a wank session for yous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
hmmm

it seems all of them never learn and mature.. i like rosy but after 19 chapters she tends to be irritating.. she knew she have issues and that it causes trouble to the clan. why cant she just asked for help.. she is too stubborn and because of this she makes other people miserable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
hmmmm....

I was into it, then I hated it, then I was getting back into it, now this. I can't even read this anymore... Best of luck to you with finishing this though

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I think it's time

I think it's time for Rosy to assert her dominance. She should be the one with power. Physically she can fight, that has been proven, yet she is so easily subdued by the idiot who likes to control unstable women. I want to see her take this moron apart and then move on to the rest. She needs to find the person she was in the beginning and when she was protecting Donny. Why doesn't that part of her shine thru anywhere else? Why does she go from being strong and self sufficient to being a little whiner who hides in a room and lets other decide her fate? Why would anybody think that that moron is what she needs? The council is just trying to sweep her under the rug.

AhzureDragonAhzureDragonabout 11 years ago
Welcome back

Hope everything has settled for a little while so you can write and finish this. I am upset that Rosy is yet again being pushed into something she doesn't want. And might I point out its not so much Rosy has issue and needs help. But that Rosy needs to learn to share her feelings. After what she has been through I am sure its not easy. But I would not stand by and have all my choice taken away from me either. Rosy likes Micah and has since she met him. She has just miss placed a lot of fear and hurt. I hope you turn the story around and it works out for the best. Keep writing and know there is a point to all of this and for once I am enjoying a story that has less perfect world situations and actions and more really world responses. So thank you for that. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Honestly Jazzy is one of the most spoiled and inconsiderate prople in the series. She wants everything to be about her and when Rosy is stressed, what does she do? Kick her out!!!! Also if she kitts are so fragile, why would everyone speak to Rosy the way they do? And in regards to Alan, I think perhaps he can love her in ways Micah could not and he may just be the best thing for her.

Speedy1106Speedy1106about 11 years ago
finally

Enjoyed this chapter, glad it finally came. Can't wait till the next chapter. I really feel for rosy. She hasn't had a great experience and that's sad. Keep up the good work, please just don't make us wait so long between chapters I beg you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

The only happy outcome with this Alan thing is if he helps her sort herself out, so she can go back strong to Micah! They better end up together!! Bit more drama is fine but I don't know if I can handle heaps more - its a rollercoaster ride of emotions when I read your chapters!

I really enjoyed a different point of view this time, and FINALLY... they got what they deserved for her rape! Write more soon - can't wait to read what is next :)

Littlecat76Littlecat76about 11 years ago
Please

Don't let his thing with Rosy and Allan go through, don't really want her back with Micah either she needs to have strength on her own

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I have read to love a stray for a while now and I love the story. I am invested in what happens to Rosy and Micah. Im hoping that what happened in this chapter will allow Rosy to get the help she needs to cope with all the bad stuff that has happened to her. I loved when Rosy saved Mitchell from choosing between Jazzy and her it was moving and showed how much she cares about the clan. I think it leaves a way for her to come back in the future. She sacrificed her happiness for her brother and for the best of the clan. I hope to god that she isn't forced into marrying Alan because that would be just like what Wade did to her, the council shouldn't be able to force her into that. I think that Kurt will save the day and I loved hearing all the descriptions. Thanks Gypsy and keep writing, waiting for the next story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
So glad you are back!

Mygypsy, I am so glad you have posted more, I really love TLAS and was hoping you'd continue. I am very upset the Rosey and Micah don't appear to be going to make it as a couple, but if it means that Rosey gets help she needs it. I have to agree with a lot of others, it is time Rosey matured a bit, the high drama is what brings me back but is getting annoying with all the drama generating from rosey's corner atm.

Thanks so much for another chapter and can't wait for more!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 11 years ago
What upsets me is that

some board has the power to override what Rosy wants. She has never had the opportunity to choose her own path. Not once, since she met the clan cats. So now she is to be forced into marriage? Ridiculous. I hope she runs away and I hope Malcolm waits until Mitchell is married and then lets him know that she didn't betray him after all- that she said what she did out of love.

You write some messed up stories, but I can't stop myself from reading. Looking forward to the next chapter. I'm looking forward to more and to the story being told from Rosy or Micah's POV again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Mixed...

emotions. So glad that Wade get's his comeuppance - long overdue. Rosy still seems totally lost and I feel so much empathy for her situation. I hope, truly that she can find some happiness & stability. A tad disappointed in Kurt - had high hopes but he hasn't seemed to figure her out. Micah - hell, he has had his chances but just isn't able to figure it all out. Perhaps in time Rosy & Micah may be able to understand each other more - never say never ??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
wtf

Dude just let her be happy with Micah she deserves it after what she went through!

What the Fuck just let it have a danm good fairytail ending with Micah and Rosy and the kitt happy and together!

slavesassslavesassabout 11 years ago
The councile is doing the same as Wade and the Rogues

by forcing Rosy into this mating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I am so glad your back

The twists and turns of this story are what keep me coming back.for the sake of Rosy and her kitt , I would love to see her with Micah. But I will keep reading to what happens to my favorite werecats.

MSBLING59MSBLING59about 11 years ago
UNDECIDED

I'M STILL OUT TO LUNCH ON THIS INSTALLMENT. LOVED THE INDEPTH DESCRIPTIONS OF THE CHARACTERS BUT I'M NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR USE OF THE COUNCIL TO MANIULATE ROSY YET AGAIN. WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO ACTUALLY ASK ROSY WHAT SHE WANTS?

ElhazElhazabout 11 years ago
What about?

What about the friends who tried to contact her and the threat of police connections getting involved?

If she has a female with Alan what happens to her original land rights?

With the number of females that have died leaving no female offspring to follow them, how can the population not be reducing?

Sad to see her yet again being a victim of decisions being made for her by the clans, but a bit hard to go back when she has burned so many bridges with her brothers and the rest of the group. I'd dearly love to see a happy ever after ending anyway!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

i thought they found out what was wrong with the whole forced mating with the strays and the whole mind conection when he forced mated her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
1 star rating

I am like the majority of the writers of reviews, this has become a collossal waste of time to read. The gratituous violence has overwhelmed the storyline. I hope the next chapter is not filled with the graphic descriptions of a whipping and castration because that would just be over the top unnecessary. In addition, when is this story going to end? I lost interest last chapter with the drama queen Rosy once again having a fit and dumping Micah, I truly thought this chapter would have them speaking together to resolve their differences. To say I have lost all interest in this story is probably an understatement. I have no desire to read about a violent whipping and castration, when what I was expecting was a clearer more concise ending for the characters already involved in unnecessary drama.

GoddessSaijGoddessSaijabout 11 years ago
Rosy getting forced again!

This story ties me into knots! Since her brothers couldn't protect her against the council Rosy will be getting raped again by Alan. When will it stop?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
sigh

i have been reading this story, i also think rosy over reacts and is a dramatic char, it is irritating to read about all these male figures defending her when all she does is confuse, add to drama, and gets upset when someone points out her many many flaws. im not sure i even care what happens to her anymore she had the perfect mate in micah all he did was love her and she acted insane, i can understand her ive been hurt had a bad life schtick but geez quit playing the u dont understand me card, it got old after the caged scene which was for her own good, yes i know it was rape but cats are different then people its instinct to do what was done. wade was protecting his clan which is now torn apart because of rosies drama. not sure if im going to read more of this.

MygypsyMygypsyabout 11 years agoAuthor
From Mygypsy

Okay guys,

Please note the 2 strong characters in Rosy's corner. Firstly her Uncle Kurt Black, and secondly big brother Sam who isn't about to desert her even if she lashes out verbally trying to hurt him as much as she is hurting.

Yes Rosy is acting like a spoilt brat but plz consider, she has just been kicked out of the only place she has felt truly safe and now she is being told she has to marry a total stranger!

To those critising Jazzy because she kicked Rosy out of the clan, consider this.

Wade is facing a possible death sentence, and Marissa is on charges as well. TWO major players in clan power even if over thrown. Edwin (oldest brother) is on charges as well as banned from the clan by Mitchell and Micah. Micah the strongest of her remaining family would rather leave than remain where Rosy is. Does Jazzy choose Rosy (a possible liability) or the strength of her brother Micah? Jazzy is trying to survive and keep her clan intact even if it means chancing loosing the love of her life.

BOTH Rosy and Micah have issues to deal with and need this time apart.

To all those who consider this story an abuse Rosy feast ... don't judge all clan cats by Wade (who made some REAL BAD decisions) and Edwin who by his own admission had to learn he doesn't have to prove he is as good as his brother to anyone.

Okay, I am done defending Rosy 'cause she's got claws and once she realises they can be used for much more than getting a good grip when running away ....

nope, no giving away future plot other than to say 'things can't get any worse so they must get better'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

everybody that reads these needs to read it closely to understand what is happening rosy is going to come back she most overcome her fears and what has happend to her. rosy is not the drama queen she has been abused, tourterd and betrayed by the very ppl that saved her including her own family these will make her stronger then any other she kitt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
hope

I think that Alen will help Rosy not rape her. Rosy will finally get the help that she needs.

jam_436jam_436about 11 years ago

Can't wait for next chapter :)

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeabout 11 years ago
It's called Dramatic Tension.

C'mon all you naysayers. Have a bit of faith. Remember how incredibly strong Rosy is in crises. Under incredible pressure, she successfully protected young Donovan during the extended kidnapping. Recall her courage and strength in saving Jazzy at enormous risk to herself. It just seems to take getting her trigger tripped before she moves from the role of victim to survivor/defender.

As your tour guide to her story, Mygypsy pulls out all the stops, just has she has in her other Literotica tales, which I highly recommend. They're exciting, nerve wracking, tear-producing sagas. And when they finally resolve, they're enormously satisfying. Mygypsy subjects her protagonists to gut-wrenching woes, and she's even proven willing to kill off secondary characters now and then if it serves the plot. These are NOT stories for sissies. But she has established a substantial track record of bringing the plots home. Personally, I love the detailed world building and culture of the Australian were-cats, which was especially good in this chapter. I'm not in any hurry to say goodbye.

So if you swear off the story because you're faint of heart, you're only cheating yourself. Still...it's a lot easier to threaten that you're not going to read the next chapter (or chapterS, I hope) than it is to actually follow through. In fact, I double-dog-dare you to quit. If you do hold out, you'll never know how it all works out, but the rest of us will. (Blows raspberry at 1-bombers and other literary sissies.)

marlam5marlam5about 11 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for this fantastic chapter.

I’m a great fan of your writing and have read all your other stories.

So I know that sometimes I’m crying out NOOOOO and am into tears but in the end it’s always very rewarding.

I’ve read an re-read the Janey and Gabe (Ren) saga many times.

You are without a doubt one of the most talented writers on Literotica.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Looking forward to the next chapter(s).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
upset us too much?? really?

You've got to be kidding.

After waiting five months and this is the stuff you decide to impart....

So much for a HEA... How many chapters ago - could you have given us this?...

Some of us have been waiting for the turn around and Rosy & Micah to be together...

Not for the whole clan to be destroyed...

This really sucks. Sorry. The writing is okay, not great, but it would have taken a little more of coming close to a HEA to keep me there.

How many more chapters were you going to drag this out?

IF there is a method to your madness - get to it already, please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
BRILLANT

Never expect whats going to happen <3

claireacquiredclaireacquiredabout 11 years ago
Tough chapter!

That was hard to read; I found myself groaning out loud several times. It was truly exquisite torture. I appreciate that you never take the easy way out, mygypsy. Keep it coming. I anxiously await your next brilliant chapter.

canndcanndabout 11 years ago

Wow, this ended up being such a cluster fuck. I can't imagine what you'll do to straighten it out. I'm glad that Wade got his. I don't get how Edwin didn't when he actually did the raping. They want to punish Marissa for not stopping it, but don't punish the one who did it? And a beating doesn't seem like enough.

As for this Alan thing, they are again forcing her to do something. How are they better than Wade? She'll just run again. I am not too unhappy that she is in trouble b/c she has been such a bitch to everybody, esp. the man who wanted to love her. I can't imagine her being accepted back after all she said and did. I am not sure I believe that she'd alienate her brothers for their own good. She's acting too self-involved to do it. I'd have wished Jazzy would have been better to her since it was her life Rosy saved, but I understand being angry for what she did to her brother. I don't think she can judge the effect on her parents, as Wade deserved it and Marissa got off at least. I have enjoyed this and ETC all along, but I am so close to having to walk away from this. I hope the next chapter undoes some of this, but with how bad it got, I can't imagine it convincingly fixing some of the damage done. I'd hate to see Micah take her back after this chapter and how she treated him. Yet, I can't imagine that you have us read 2 stories for so long and then don't put the relationship, that began in the first chapter, together. It was just an insane chapter, so I will be interested in how you untangle some of it, while being convincing that any of it could be. I hope you can post sooner after such an insane chapter. I don't mean to insult, but I had to be honest about my reaction. I hope I can start to enjoy it again as it was one of my favs.

kalidevakalidevaabout 11 years ago
screw you guys- i'm going home

again with the blatant chauvanist high-handedness. this is the 2nd time these supposedly 'honorable' men have forced her into a life-change she didn't want, breaking their own sacred rule. how can they not see they're doing the exact same thing as the 'criminals' they're punishing? and her uncle who's more concerned with getting his own back than the fate of his abused, pregnant neice- way to 'cherish' the female, buddy. rosy should bide her time until she has the perfect chance, and then bug out back to her secret hideout and raise the kid like her dad raised her. nobody ever found her there, and with jasper and the darnels and co. dead, she should be safe for at least a while. fuck these hypocritical bastards! take the wisdom of eric cartman (of south park) to heart: "screw you guys- i'm going home!"

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenabout 11 years ago

I don't like to, but I think I have to agree with most of what cannd said, except about the actual rapist. The punishment he's been given is actually pretty severe, from the perspective of a clan cat. Sam's point, that castration or death would be going easier on him, is valid.

Really, though, the situation between Micah and Rosy is just maddening. If I could, I'd reach in and slam their literal (sorry, bad pun) heads together. But I guess it's mostly because you've made us feel like they belong together. Now that i think about it, I bet they'd both be happier with someone else and far apart.

kalidevakalidevaabout 11 years ago
and another thing...

... how come none of these 'responsible' and 'honorable' alphas or other clan leaders seem to know the first thing about dealing with the after-effects of trauma. they should have gotten some kind of therapy or counselling for rosy and donny after their rescue, especially after they saw how it helped her after the last time she was held prisoner and abused. they don't try to think of things from her perspective, and instead keep trying to force her into alignment with their own ideas. and we know what rosy's issues are, but why is it every male seems to have the emotional maturity of a 13 year old boy on steroids? little patience, no forethought, no empathy, and poor self-discipline. and if the australian cats are not chauvanistic like the americans, then why are there no females in positions of power? shouldn't the alpha pair both have seats on the council? or the women have some kind of political representation?

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 11 years ago
Oh my!

That is seriously deep shit! I hate that Rosy is being 'handled' by marriage to a man she doesn't even know. And Edwin is still allowed supervised visits? No way! You must have something good up your sleeve to allow this to happen. I can't wait to see what's next!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
sorry to say

Not trying to be rude here but I really cannot believe how this turned out.... really really bad way to try to bring a story back... personally I'm waiting for the next one before I deside if I bug out of here... all sincere apologies and respects to u but this story seem like it would be an interesting onr but it turned round and slapped all us readers in the face

The Wolf

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow...

I don't know what to feel about this chapter (in a good way) I hope Micah comes back... This Alan guy is really old and creepy I loved the fire both Micah and Rosy had. I LOVE the new P.O.V of this chapter it was a really nice twist, I'm a huge fan of yours. I really hope that Micah comes back. Rosy just needs to freaking make up her mind it's just getting a little annoying. Anyways I loved this chapter, I love your work in general, I hope the next chapter comes soon I can't wait :D

- Diana

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Loved reading but too much immaturity by the TOM's especially Micha

The continued abuse of Rosy is getting very thin. In a normal pregnancy she would have lost the child by now. The stress alone would have killed it. So lets get a little more realistic and cut down on the continued torture. Micha should really grow a pair and be a leader. No reasonable soldier would follow a leader that could not control their emotions like Micha. A real Alpha leader would evaluate their troops emotional state and have their breakdown later......NOT in front of them.

(ex Military)

Gizz4mo1Gizz4mo1about 11 years ago
Love it :)

As always a great chapter, I can't wait for the next one!

Dcute1Dcute1about 11 years ago
You really don't like women, do you?

I've read all the stories you've posted to this site and they are all full of non-consent, kidnappings, repeated rapes, sexual slavery and violence against women. Now you're doing it over and over again to Rosy. This latest twist; a forced marriage, is just one more abuse of a formerly strong character.

I find my respect for you as a writer is still as strong as ever, but my disgust for the way you think about females makes me QUITE CERTAIN I will never allow any woman I know to get within 100 meters of you, or any of your friends. I have doubts that any lady of my acquaintance would be safe at your house, even for afternoon tea.

Now, on to the meat of this chapter:

Kurt Black is a strong voice, but he's not on Rosy's side. Sam is Rosy's ally, even though he disagrees with some of her actions, and I respect him for having scruples, which a great many of the characters in this story don't.

Why does Ray Black, jilted husband husband of Jedda, suddenly get to decide Rosy's fate? We still don't know what he did to drive his mate away, and he's NEVER been a father-figure in Rosy's life. And there is NOTHING in Alan Cummings' background, save his training in dealing with emotionally distraught she-kitts, that makes him acceptable. So why does she have to marry him? Because the males think that's what's best for her? Let me know when Australia joins the current century.

It's too bad, so sad, that the Williamson Clan has lost a great deal of honor now that the truth has come out, but they lost that honor when bad things were done to Rosy- NOT when she told the truth about their deeds. Jazzy's mis-placed anger at Rosy is territorially driven; I get that. Even so, she will have a hard time holding her head up at any future Clan gatherings even after Mitchell marries her and gives some shred of acceptance to what Jazzy's clan did to his sister. In fact, I think he will also lose respect among the rest of the Clans for taking the steps that redeem that rapist Clan.

I know you have an "end-goal" in mind, and I also get it that your end game isn't one everybody will like. But, like many other commenters, I cannot respect your 'vision' if it's just going to keep hurting a woman you created as a wonderful woman, but is consistently reduced- by violent means- to be a weepy and lost little girl forced to "swell up and burst" because a bunch of males just WILL not do the right things. As I see it; Werecats have no honor and Rosy would be better off if she had tucked herself into her Uncle's house many chapters ago.

Hey- There's an idea! Get her out of that group altogether! Let her live with a safe person she already trusts- a family member- and move on with how the rest of those immature, chauvinistic cats grow up! Just sayin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I just had to reread this chapter to make certain I got it all straight. While I was at it I read all the comments. I have to ask, how many commenters left their comments while they were all emotional from the story? Heaps by the heated remarks is my guess.

I also noticed a lot of readers don't read the story properly, they can't even name the characters properly!

The lead male character is Micah, not Micha. It is not Ray Black but Ray MacIntosh, and his wife was Jeddah not Jedda. Mitchell has been twisted into Michael and Mitchele and many more from earlier chapters.

As for the comments from the petty haters like the previous comment, pathetic. Just because the story didn't end the way the reader wanted lets abuse the author, take a cheap personal shot.

A harsh chapter but I am looking forward to the next chapter.

foxithngfoxithngabout 11 years ago
OK....

As always I love your writing and am willing to wait as you spin your tale. Hope Rosy and Micah get back with each other. PLEASE post the next chapter soon!!!

charligirl30charligirl30about 11 years ago
WOW!!!

I really had no idea what to say after I read the story. That is why I waited to comment, so my emotions were in check, unlike some previous comments. Every time I think it is getting better for Rosy, you give her a twist. I am not of fan of, nor do I condone rape, so i would appreciate no more of that. I do understand in the world of Weres there are many things that are different from humans, but like all fiction it is just that, Not Real.

Your writing is fantastic, and I love the 3rd person POV. It really clarifies the previous chapter because you are limited by the emotions behind the 2 main characters. I would love to see Rosy and Micah together, but if they cannot get their heads out of their arses then so be it they would be better off.

I think I see where you are heading with this, but I am probably way off base, but it is time for Rosy to step up and get herself right. I hate her life as a stray and clan cat has been so traumatic, and Wade went about it ENTIRELY the wrong way. Rape should never be the answer, but Rosy needs to step up. I felt bad for her in the beginning, but as time passes I find myself disliking her because of her lack of communication, short temper and her lack of trust in everyone including her brothers. I think once she gets her act together hopefully before her child is born, she will see all the crap she has put people that love her through. It also leads up to her becoming a true She-Kitt leader! She is strong willed and a great character, but stop with the pity party. As far as being given to Alan, GOOD, she needs it. She just pushes, those that truly love her, away or runs away putting her kitts life in danger time and time again she runs away from her problems and will not allow anyone to help her. Had she not ran away the last time she would not have been raped, and put Donovan's life in danger. It is not her fault she was raped but she was not being proactive to ensure the things she fears most would not happen again she acting like a child and pitched a temper tantrum running away and here we are back to the beginning of her being put into a situation that does not want to be in. I seriously hope rape will not be involved in anymore chapters but this is your baby. There is a time when playing the victim just doesn't fly anymore. Rosy needs to take charge of her life, and quit playing the victim. If she doesn't like how she is treated QUIT RUNNING AWAY FROM YOUR PROBLEMS AND STEP UP! Don't be what they want you to be, be your own person, but grow up.

Micah needs to get his spoiled head out of his arse and MAN THE F. UP! Quit pitching a fit when you dont get your way! As far as Edwin, Sam took care of his punishment, he cant even get a hard-on without pain... He will live with that forever. Wade will get his, and I think Jazzy needs to chill with the jealousy and petty spoiled brat act.

Boy, I'm glad this is just a story....

I am sorry of all things things happening in your life Mygypsy. I hope things are going better for you and yours... You are a fantastic writer and I look forward to your next post... Just take it easy on me, I nearly had a heart attack this last chapter. lol Sorry I got carried away on the comment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
love it!!

i love it...the plots..the tvist and turns of the story and that pride and all that shit blocks the way all the other were's seas the hole thing!!

(sorry for my bad english//a swedish fan!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Can't wait for more

absolutely LOVED this story so far i can't wait to hear what happens to rosy and the kitt in her new relationship and whether Micah comes back to take rosy back, please type hard and get another chapter up :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Micah

i've never been a micah fan so i'm glad she's away from him for the moment..maybe now she'll get the help she needs..the reason i never really liked micah is just that i'm not into men who are chauvinistic..he constantly insults Rosy's intelligence or acts like she should know all the rules without being told and treats her like something she's not..rosy's an intelligent and independent girl with a horrific past and he likes to pretend she's like all other clan raised shekitts and knows her place is beneath all toms though im not saying he's completely to blame..all in all it seems all your characters need lessons in communication including rosy who has yet to trust anyone at all..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Continue story

Wow. I love the story. Though not the current track. Forcing her to marry a man she doesn't know or care for.... Please make next update soon so that we can know what's going on with our story....

Butterflies1974Butterflies1974almost 11 years ago
Frustrated & sad

I'm frustrated and sad where things stand with Rosy & Micah and sick to my stomach thinking she'll be forced once more to do something against her wishes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love your work!

I am patiently (sort of) waiting to see where you take this. Thank you so much for the wonderful stories and please post more on this one soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I skipped a few chapters to see....

if this story is finally going anywhere meaningful. And from what I see, no, obviously not.

Apart from a few nasty family revelations, we are back at square one. Rosy abused for the 203847th time, her post traumatic issues back at 100% and at the mercy of more abusive males

I honestly don't know why Rosy doesn't just move away and finds herself a nice clan with appreciative toms somewhere else on that big contient, who are willing to do everything for her in exchange for one of them having the chance getting a wife.

This story slowly turns into a big heap of claustrophobic crap. Sorry. I Stop reading here because there is nowhere an end in sight for all that abusive BS and every seeming progress just turns out to be running in circles. Yeah, I agree with some other posters here, this promising story long ago turned into mindless rape porn.

Now I'm not one of these "happily ever after" fanatics, but this is just too much.

What a pity. Great story line wasted!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

"Yous tricked me into it! I hate you! I hate all of you! I never wanted to be one of yous!"

Please - no! "You" is used for one person or for many - there is no such thing as "yous". This is shockingly bad English - please stop doing this.

southernmisfitsouthernmisfitalmost 11 years ago
Another thing I want to add....

From what I can see in this story you strive for an emotionally realistic reaction of a trauma victim in Tawny/Rosy

Now if you want to archieve that, then you should know that the way she handles her relationships with Micah and her brother, her impulsive emotional reactions etc she behaves pretty much like a typical person with a Borderline Personality Disorder. Which is a frequent diagnosis for people with an early/repeated trauma background.

Now the problem here is, if you depict your heroine/favourite victim Rosy as a Borderline sufferer, then there is simply no happy end in a relationship to be had for her. Neither with Micah, nor that other guy, nor with any other man. The best outcome possible in this situation would be on a hormonal medication that suppresses her fertile circle (yes, something like that exists, for humans and also for animals!!!) that she is no longer seen as a walking womb/vagina by her fellow werecats, without ANY sexual relationship and in long term psychiatric/psychotherapeutic care.

Borderline personality disorder means that someone is emotionally neither able to cope alone nor has the ability to bear emotional/physical closeness for a prolonged time, as well as an impulse control deficit, and any improvement in that condition is a long term psychotherpeutical process.

Sorry, but you fucked the character of Tawny/Rosy up to an extent that she is beyond salvagable for a romance story.

A depressing end is probably not something anyone would like to read and a "happy end" where suddenly a relationship with a man, who respects her works out is just super unrealistic. And that way you have written this story into a corner from where there is no reasonable way out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
:3

To Love a Stray is your story.. own it. While I find some parts of this story heart wrenching and I wish everything between Rosy and Micah would just work out and fall into place- things don't happen that way. A girl who has gone through everything that Rosy has is not just going to fall into the motions of living the "ideal" life that werecat society is forcing her into. The mentality that has formed after years of being abused and manipulated is not just going to change overnight- it will take years for her to overcome what she has gone through.

Don't let what others comment on your stories bother you too much, you need to take the story where you see fit. No one knows the characters better than you do. Even if people do leave angry comments about what is happening that just means that you made them care that much for the characters in this story. I hope you don't get discouraged and keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WTF

I can't fucking stand Rosy. What a bitch! I get she has been through a lot and understand she has a hard time dealing with things but shit. I'm both happy and upset that's she's leaving. She has ruined every ones life. Micah loves here and she's to fucking stupid to realize it. I'm annoyed with how you write this story and think you took things way to far!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
@.@

...you need too fix this, this story line is just out of wack. I'm scared that you haven't even finished it even though there are a few chaps left... . I've never read something like this in my years of reading.

I'm hoping it gets better I know life is not a faerie tale maybe that's were your headed with this "you can't always get what you want" I had high expectations I guess

I'm not one too comment

This is your story but your readers are commenting listen

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I don't even want to finish reading this shit

I have read all the chapters up until now and this sickens me. One bad thing after another happens and no light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm no masochist, but I'm beginning to believe you, as a writer, are one nasty sadist.

By all rights all negative things done to Rosy should have already snapped her mind. From beginning to this chapter she has been loosing it and your sick, twisted turn of events pushing her into a relationship, no, mandated, is just like putting her in a cage and forcing rape on her. Well the fuck done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
@ Anon

Since you have such an opinion of the story don't bother to follow it onto Wattpad

polgaranightpolgaranightover 8 years ago
Fuddudled & Gobsmacked

With Rosy all her life from 12-26years old she has been raped, abused on all levels and watched her dad killed in front of her, learning how to survive on her own, earning a living, gang raped and abused again off and on for years, learns to trust an Alpha. Then after trusting said Alpha turns and gets his son to rape her so she gets preggers, wanting her to get her and one of his sons to get her lands by sceeming. Then being forced to marry a stranger.

Do you ever wonder why she is the way she is......

Where is this ok.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

just no, I'm sorry but this kind of developpment is not for a site like literotica. This are psychotherapeutical problems. It gives me nothing to hang on or that I can follow. I love drama in a plot or other problems but this is beyond that it's something else. But i liked the story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

For a while I thought Mygypsy had Micah tick all the boxes of an spouse abuser as an intentional part of the story but then we get this: "The time for Micah to stop making excuses for Rosy has come, as simple as that." This is just evil victim blaming.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous