All Comments on 'The Sexual Emancipation of Louisa K'

by Byron_Orlok

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattleabout 11 years ago
Couldn't get through 2 paragraphs!

WTF are you trying to prove? That you own a dictionary?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A bit sophisticatedly, perhaps

but great fun. Keep on writing, sister.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Fascinating

Well written, easily read... a great first piece.

Scotsman69Scotsman69about 11 years ago
Interesting concept...

finely executed. Thank you.

CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaabout 11 years ago
Slutwalk, meet Wall Street

At first glance, I might almost complain that the narrator's lexicon is too broad, or that I could use a bit more context for why she feels so disaffected with The System.

On second glance, I might suspect the author is having a bit of fun with the narrator's cynical slant on self-righteousness.

But either way, this is literate, humorous, possibly ironical, possibly wish fulfillment, charmingly jaded, and quite eloquently naughty. A complicated corporate anti-heroine with a sinfully snarky voice and an appetite for trouble, preferably sexual and in public too. What could be more "Now"?! And it's very hot, to boot.

Jim44444Jim44444about 11 years ago
Very enjoyable

Well written. A different slant from the usual Group Sex stories. I would like to know why she is on this quest. Maybe the next story will elaborate.

shaman43shaman43about 11 years ago
Tried too hard

The word choices for your prose really did not fit the audience or material. It seemed you were attempting to top one the British masters of the 19th century or Henry James in the erudite words you used. Hurt your plot line as it interfered with the consistent character development. Are you sure it is "a trop" not "de trop." If you are using the French for too much then it is de trop. If it is urban slang you are after it means not good or bad and is a noun. That whole sentence and parenthetical expression felt like you were trying to prove your worth as a scholar and wordsmith not as a writer. Laborious writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous