All Comments on 'In Her Eyes'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 741 Comments
johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesalmost 11 years ago
Wow...

... Just... Wow. Quite the rollercoaster of emotion. Enjoyed it very much. TY fr sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I want to like this story but I'm more indifferent towards it. I think my issue is I just didn't connect with the main character. At least to me he did come off as mr perfect, I can read your thoughts by your eyes. Didn't feel like a real guy to me. I dunno, good job nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A cardboard caricature

You are a good writer which is why I read the whole story even though I really could not understand or relate to the main character. The kind of black and white thinking that he displayed is most frequently found in people from dysfunctional (children of subtance of process abusers families or people who have been abused. His puritanical, judgemental qualities made him insensitive, unrealistic and unsympathetic in my book. I guess one can be happy for Maggie; but while Susan was not perfect, her choice of spouse wasn't either.

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
THE EYES ARE THE PORTALS TO OUR SOUL

and a soul-mate reads them like a black-board. TK U MLJ LV NV

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Bwahaha

Another card board cut out husband, a virtual super man but for some reason he couldn't keep his wife from straying. Utter bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
People are not perfect.

I made it to the middle of the first page when I quit reading. No one is perfect and it is lunacy to believe they exist. Maggie is perfect, the MOST beautiful woman in the world, the children were perfect, never arguing, always obeying, he was perfect, tall, strong, never cussed, never got angry, always so smart....in fact, the only person not perfect was Susan. I'll bet that when hubby took a shit, it smelled like flowers and rainbows filled the sky.

Readers don't connect with perfection, we know that porn stars and playboy playmates are airbrushed, which is why "amateur porn" is so popular. We know they are real, they have flaws-imperfections, and that makes them real, human and we connect with them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Excellent Job

Unlike others, I don't have any problem with the way these characters are depicted. There is more there for them to see, if they would only look. He knew he was good-looking and a babe magnet, but he knew what he had in his wife and was not a Superman, but a faithful one. She was the one who listened to the usual jealous friends who were only too happy to plant doubts in her mind, and cheated to make herself feel better about herself. Her own insecurities started her down the path to adultery.

And it's always about the lying, not the cheating itself. The sexual acts can be forgiven, but feeling as if you lived a lie for five years cannot be forgiven. In this unusual case, because he could read her so well, he knew she wasn't lying when she said she was fine, and that meant she wasn't torn up about and didn't regret her affairs, and THAT is what doomed their marriage. I guess she felt entitled, because she couldn't believe that he wouldn't have taken advantage of a model throwing herself at him. Although it's true that that is exactly the way a cheater thinks, trying to rationalize their own behavior by making the other person be the bad guy first.

He's puritanical? Judgmental? Why, because he wanted a faithful wife? He didn't try to hide her or control her. In fact, he was attracted to her because she was beautiful and self-assured and the center of attention among groups of people, laughing and smiling. She was full of life, and made him want her in his. She worked as well as volunteered her time, and he never doubted her, until she gave him reason to do so.

You can't keep a person from straying. You can be the best partner you can be, try to give them attention, see to their needs, consider their feelings, and share your life with them. But you cannot make them be faithful. Fidelity is always a choice, and she made bad choices. She said so in counseling.

I have been in her situation for a few decades now. My husband attracts women like flies, because he is not only good-looking, but a minor celebrity in our town, as people recognize him as a broadcaster. I am not bad-looking myself, but I am a more retiring personality, while my husband is more outgoing, and there are many types of work-related social functions he has to attend, often without me.

That sounds like a recipe for disaster, but I have never worried about his fidelity. I could make myself crazy, thinking about what happens when I am not with him, but he expresses his love and devotion to me daily, in so many ways that I have never once been concerned. I'm sure there are people who think I have my head in the sand, but a cheater does not have the character to see it through a child's cancer, three parents' dementia, and a job loss after 25 years, all in the span of seven years. These crises have only brought us closer as we face them together. That's what marriage is about--honoring your vows. It is not about using the other person to feed your ego, and when you're ego is suffering, finding another person to feed it.

victor85victor85almost 11 years ago
Ditto (immidiate last anon)

My thinking exactly....the lies and the remote lack of even an iota of remorse in Susan's part were what precipitated the separation. It's like surely knowing, almost like the almightly told him in person that, she doesn't love him and respect him. No freakin remorse whatsoever!! and about the characterization, its viewing...when the narrator is the character him/herself, they will only tell the glaring or more obvious character flaw in them...not nit-pick, that may be why David looks perfect!!

kelchakelchaalmost 11 years ago
Awesome Story

Truly fine work. The scene , where he states wife did not lie and her day was fine, is one I will remember for a long time.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 11 years ago
I loved 'some' parts to this story !

Other sections were windy and priggish by my standards. The rest was very disconcerting because it was as if the author had mind reading capabilities & used what he learned from me as partial inspiration. That of course is ludicrous. Like other commenters, I admired the craftsmanship in this story.

This is quality but harrowing story that ended as well as it could have. I thank Jidoka for sharing and will give this story a lot of thought at spare moments of the day and probably tomorrow as well. Full marks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Decent story

I liked the story itself well enough

That said, it was WAAAAAAAY too drawn out. It could shed at least a quarter of its words and be just fine. Maybe more than a quarter, come to think of it.

Some other problems cropped up, as well. Transitions to Susan speaking were not marked, and apostrophes were wildly inconsistent.

Not sorry I read it... Just found myself screaming, "please, GOD, let it end!"

BriteaseBriteasealmost 11 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed it as I am well able to put reality to the back of my mind when reading. But could anyone really be that perfect. Are you related to Starstang in any way, as it read like one of his? Anyway, a good tale and well written.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 11 years ago
Damn Good

Great story and had a lot of enjoyment reading it.

Thx

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 11 years ago
Super story!

Really enjoyed reading it - thanks for sharing.

LeoDavisLeoDavisalmost 11 years ago
Truly Excellent

A truly excellent story. Well worth reading - and more than once.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 11 years ago
Great

A story this well put together is a rare treat.

magmamanmagmamanalmost 11 years ago
Well, now...

Someone who can write? Refreshing for this type of website.

Excellent.

Thanks,

MGM

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Very Good Story

Yes, it is a "fantastic" story, but I love fantasy. At the same time, there were a lot of interesting details and situations. The moment at the pool being one of them. The problem of the little girl who had been abused is another, though if he really believed that she left the skate board to ruin his average, he should have dumped her from best friend status. The fact that she maintained this status after marrying, should have perturbed. His logic about her telling the truth about everything was good when cheating is impeccable..

Ron-SanRon-Sanalmost 11 years ago

One of the greatest stories I have read in a very long time. Thank you!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 11 years ago
I read it all, although I actually

had to skim large chunks of back fill. It's popular, but I never understand why writers feel they must reveal how couples met twenty years before the problem arises. The story was very interesting, but it was a third again longer than it needed to be. Our hero was a true hero, saintly by any standard. I love guys like that, except in stories in the first person where we are privy to their saintly attitudes. This wasn't a romance or an adventure story. It was meant as a slice of life and our hero wasn't from this world. I did tire of the implied stuff that was never stated, until the very end, about her affair and her actions. All in all, a good story, over long with needless backfill, but quite emotional and far better than most stories we see here.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 11 years ago
to the idiot poster a cardboard caricature...

Let me explain this to you stupid and I will small words so idiots like you can follow this. The development of this character - David -you may not like and you may view as being somewhat unrealistic but that hardly makes the character development shallow and superficial.

this author went into great detail showing the motivation behind this character and how he interacts with the world. That hardly make some puritanical or judgmental.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Doesn't Harry in Va write well?

... as a shithouse can write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What is so bad.

Most of you think the husband is a saintly fantsy person.

Why is that?

Could it be that we as a sociaty has fallen to the point that is a normal thing for both partners cheat on one another. It is a sad day for our world when we fail to learn fron the past were all great contries have fallen from this same rot in the family structure.

If you make a contract for something to be made and it is delivered with the wrong requirments what do we do?

Thank of marriage the same way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hate makes the world go round

Doesn't matter if you are the good guy or the bad guy.

ejhggejhggalmost 11 years ago
Well Written

I often agree with a previous commenter that the "flashback to how we met" business is unneccessary, but I think you actually handled it well.

However, I will echo previous criticisms: the husband was unbearably and unreasonably perfect. This is often a problem in LW stories, and it really turns me off.

I also dislike that the beautiful Maggie was there waiting for him. I mean...at least you didn't have her be an actual lesbian who "switches teams" thank god; that's the worst, most insulting situation. But still. She waited for him for that long? She never forged her own relationships? Ack. So unrealistic (and a bit fetishistic). The abuse story doesn't justify it.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it!

Absolutely amazing! This is epic, filled with emotion, beautifully written. I'm tempted to say it is the best I have read on this site. No reason to apologize about the revenge aspect. You are right. The worst thing that could happen to her was losing her perfect marriage. I even understand the wife's reason when it finally came out. It makes sense. I could even forgive and reconcile knowing that. On the other hand, his point was brilliant and spot on. She told the truth after she fucked those guys - everything was ok. That is no minor detail and it shows tremendous insight on the authors part. There was nothing he could change to ensure it didn't happen again. Divorce was inevitable.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
One more thought . . .

Some seem to miss the point regarding the perfect life of the husband. That was the very thing that led her to commit adultery and it makes perfect sense. That is the brilliance of the story. We often think that perfection will safeguard against failure. The reality is that there is no such thing as perfection. We are human. As the wife said . . . I have temptations. We all do. So it seems this story has a little lesson to it. Exaggerated? Yes. But powerful and to the point.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitalmost 11 years ago
Flashbacks hurt the story

BUT in the end it WAS a great story. The husband was a little too perfect as many have said before me. I would never have thought of this scenario but after reading it I think it makes sense. I think the author did a great job building Susan's personality also. From somewhere in the second page I didn't trust her. She came across as a "fake" personality, someone who would hide things and stretch the boundaries. Oh, of course, since this was in LW we suspected she would be a cheater but I thought her personality was just a little too contrived. She seemed to work too hard to look like the little perfect wife David thought he had while she stretched the boundaries for her pleasure. Of course David was heading for a relationship with Maggie from the first. That was well telegraphed also. I do think, looking at David's personality that he would have forgiven the transgression in real life. All in all though I thought this was a "nice" story. Pain was minimized and happiness for the children and the three adults more or less maximized within the bounds of what had to happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story. 5*

Only read 1st comment by SW_MO_Hermi, looks positive. Not going to bother reading the rest because at least one will be some loser whose only joy is leaving a slime trail across perfection. So, you did good. Keep writing. Ignore the roaches that crawl across your wonderfully baked cake.

rjordanrjordanalmost 11 years ago
Have to give it up

A good story and well written, but not well organized. I had a lot of trouble staying oriented between the numerous flashbacks and the POV change from David to Susan. It was just too much and in the end, I don't really give a shit about David. Not a bit. He's so perfect, he's walking a fine line between perfection and total dickhead. One way or the other, he's not worth the investment in time. Susan is highly flawed, but more interesting, but we never really get to know her all that well. Maggie is an interesting character also, though she is on the verge of superhero-dom also.

Some good moments, but I have to pass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
a hard

read. too much perfecto.

A possible five * story reduced to 3 *s for me.

for what it is worth; 3 *s for me is in the 80% category. because most stories are terrible.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 11 years ago
I admire the effort . . .

. . . but the execution fell short to my taste. The general thrust of the story - male ego run amuck - is treated well. At every turn one of David's multiple flaws gets exposed blatantly. That's okay, a valid way to tell a story. My problem as reader is the constant shifting from scene-to-scene with so little attempt at continuity. Possibly the problem was with me as reader; maybe I didn't focus enough. It really didn't help that every character seemed to have fatal flaws. All were very shallow as individuals, not shallow as in inadequately presented by Jidoka.

All in all, the only problem I have with the story is the inconsistent flow. The structure of the tale gives me a problem. Other than that it is well written. I will have to read some of the others by this author and see how they come off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Great story, weak ending. I swear to god, every time there is a "lesbian" best friend in these stories, it always turns out she was secretly in love with him the whole time and not really a lesbian.

Oh yeah, and deceiving someone by deliberately leading them to believe something that isn't true is still a lie. Granted, this guy is basically Jesus, so it's impossible for any mortal woman to measure up, but still. No wonder he hooked up with her - break up with one liar, hook up with another. Pattern self-abuse.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 11 years ago
Good, but not great.

Once again I find myself wishing the rating system here allowed more nuance than a simple 1-5 numeric ranking. Because this is a better story than a "4" would suggest, but not so exceptional as to justify a "5". As others have pointed out already, it's too long. It would have been a far better tale at half, or even two-thirds the length at which you gave it to us.

I won't criticize your characterization; pretty much every story here is a fantasy on one level or another, and fantasists are traditionally granted wide latitude in creating larger-than-life characters.

On the whole, it was a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
your a dumb writer

not that I like cheating assholes but this story is pathetic. very far-fetched . the human lie-detector who knows all and everything and in the end he knew nothing at all. this is so dumb it should hurt you when you write it. what do you think was erotic in this story ? that you deliberatly destroyed a family for good ? with no chance ? why don't fuck yourselft instead of writing. would be a really good way for everybody.

in every story so far it looks more like you try to counsel yourself and it is always bad and nasty. this is no self-help group your placing your stories.

you get hard making kids unhappy ? well shoot yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Storytelling

When the readers love your story,and others hate it.

You know what you wrote was not a waste of time.

I disagree with tenor of your stories,but enjoy reading them very much.

That is great story telling.

Looking forward to your next posting,as always.

A Merry Man.

P.S. From the Midwest.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 11 years ago
This is a good 5* story

The hero wasn't a former Navy SEAL, didn't maim anyone, so some people will not like it.

That's their loss. This was a good story.

john1946john1946almost 11 years ago
OK

An interesting story and a great storyline. I was a bit uncomfortable with how it was delivered. Seems like I'm reading along and all of a sudden, it's a flashback. Enjoyed, just a bit hard to read.

ace4869ace4869almost 11 years ago
Good story

I really enjoyed it! ***** stars,

jeeter4ujeeter4ualmost 11 years ago
Disappointment

"liked it, keep on writing" sums it up for me. But when you do, get a good editor and reread, reread, reread. All the comments I have seen here are positive and gentle. I agree with them. Your story is a good one but very confusing and difficult to follow. That is where my disappointment lies. Good luck with your future endeavors, I be looking for them!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story ...

even though the husband turned out to be rather a fool. 4*'s

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenalmost 11 years ago
refreshing story

Too many of the writers on this site seem to get off on belittling, dehumanizing, torturing women. It is refreshing to see someone ending a story in a civilized manner and allowing his woman to maintain some measure of her pride and humanity. Ask not for whom the bell tolls it tolls for you every human is a part of mankind and the loss of one is a loss to all. As I read a great writers thoughts. Although some of my own attempts may not follow my own reasoning.

MolliculusMolliculusalmost 11 years ago
On second thought...

No matter how well written it is — and it is well written — I've decided that David is an asshole and a prat and the story leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. No person is that handsome, that consistent, that perfect, that flawless. Okay, yes, I understand that the stories on this site are fantasies but even fantasies have to have heroes with flaws otherwise we can't relate to them. While this story may be somewhat subtler, it suffers from the same problem that "The Lady in Red", a severe and almost complete lack of realism and a hero who has no flaws, no weaknesses.

And the Maggie character. She is completely contrived and unconvincing.

One star. I'd give it negative stars if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
In Her I's

Judoka,

A tragic flaw -- Susan is too concerned with "what I want" and not with what 'we must do for each other." It still seems out of her character that she would cheat on her "perfect" husband with such an "imperfect" lover. More foreshadowing of her inability to live up to the image of the "perfect" wife in a "perfect" marriage would have strengthened your story. Perhaps a scene with the counselor where she finally realizes and admits her motivation to sabotage her marriage and hurt the man she has loved so deeply. Or perhaps a more complete description of how she finally gives in to her irrational desires and what actually happens in her extramarital fling with the two losers.

Keep writing these high quality stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
ay - yi - yi

A sociopath and a bi-polar get married...oh you just wrote about that. Um, the time line switching was way overdone - stop doing that - really stop it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
No one is that perfect as David is shown by the author

A long story with a lot of sexual interaction with the wife. He is to perfect to be human. No slips ,I like to meet such a man.so his wife slipped , she gave him three beautiful kids and since she wasn't perfect any more he dumped her and now comes his childhood buddy back into the picture and because she couldn't have children she let him go. Now she is back after so many years to reclaim him. Way to much bull here. He must be a robot or from outer space to be this perfect man. Also the sex was way to long in this story it could have shorten it considerable.a broken ending for mr perfect.not in this lifetime

BTTapBTTapalmost 11 years ago
Very good

The titular plot element (that he could see that her affair was not troubling to her, until she got caught) was original and well-executed, with enough foreshadowing to give me an "ah-ha!" moment. Well done. I liked the polish of the story, it's emotion and humor, and the use of dialogue. It could have been trimmed some, but it was a thoroughly enjoyable read.

That said, I found it surprising that she did not find it troubling, as her defenses slowly crumbled, and she finally succumbed, and then was presumably blackmailed into a subsequent performance with "Big Mike" (if I understood the sequence properly-which was not entirely clear to me). Given the last element especially (and the fact that neither experience was sexually or emotionally satisfying), I find it hard to believe that she could have truthfully told the husband that everything was okay. I also didn't completely understand the wife's motivation to cheat, though it seemed to have had something to do with her having an inferiority complex, insecurity, suspicion of husband's infidelity, and perhaps just good old fashioned breaking down to 5 years of come-ons from a handsome devil who knew just what buttons to push.

Still, I had to suspend disbelief to buy into this well-written tale, and I did so, happily.

The hubby was a little too perfect, the wife a little too pathetic (especially considering the above-information), and the built-in replacement love a little too convenient. A storyline that is going to get you a lot of fans (read: Stangstar06), but which, when delivered too consistently, causes this reader to roll his eyes, at least just a little.

Not usually a fan of the narrator breaking the fourth wall, but it was done with humor in this tale.

Gave it a 5, but my finger hovered over the 4. It was good to see a story from the author that was a little less dark and dreary (at least for the hubby) than in his prior offerings.

PrideInsightPrideInsightalmost 11 years ago
TOO PERFECT TO BE REAL.......

.......think that fellow missed the point....of course he was perfect,she loved him....he was too perfect because you are not the one who is looking at him through rose tinted glasses......

ps....she didn't notice she was also being hit on because she was so focused on him....

......so she might have loved him but the fact was she doubted him..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love it

I just started reading ur stories and I like your style.

David and Maggie being perfect are part of an entertaining fantasy, so I don't understand some comments about them being too perfect.

Great job man....thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Well we now have the improbable perfect. Male

You can write but I do not get this perfect male. David. I doubt such an individual exists on this planet.after 15 years of a blessed marriage ,and unbelievable sex , with three beautiful children he gives up on his wife for her mistake. No one is that perfect and throw his wife out without trying to fix their relationship . One slip and all that loving makes him a pretty heartless guy. Now bring into the mix his childhood sweetheart waiting in the wings to reconnect with him supposedly living a celeb it life for over fifteen years because she wants him to have his children make this a pretty hard story to believe .i would love to know how these two can be so perfect in this human race.not really possible.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 11 years ago
Very good story - interesting and well written

Thought provoking story. Took me a while - like the Doc - to get the real issue. Nice twist at the end - I wondered if that was coming. Well done.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 11 years ago
As others have pointed out

the over-all story, the vest emotional & characterization development... the author put a lot into all of them..

but the STRUCTURE --- the physical lay out --- of the story was pretty hard to ignore.

when you put THIS MUCH investment into making the audience care about the main character, you need to tell the story with a certain FLOW to it...

you shouldn't be jumping back and forth, half a dozen or more times a page, where in one paragraph, thinking or saying out loud, "Bitch, if I decide to take revenge, it's on my own terms" and the next paragraph, "My god, Susan was just the most adorable, most beautiful, when we first met years ago, back in college."

that kind of rapid, back and forth, back and forth story-structuring is not the most effective transition.

in a film, the director has many contraptions & devices to separate two very different emotional states, very different time lines, like that... they do flashes, they shoot and show wilting flowers, from blossom to decay, even within a few seconds; they use soothing or appropriate musical composition... one way or another, there are CONTRAPTIONS to allow the AUDIENCE to transition, with the back-and-forth story flow.

you CAN'T do it like that, here, on paper, by 3 asterisks!

E.g., again:

"Bitch, I will kill you, tear your heart out, and eat it, for ruining our family, by fucking around like you've been doing..." and, within the same breath, separated by no more than 3 asterisks, having the main character say or think (flashing back to years in the past): "Oh, my darling, you look good enough to eat, when you take off your panties like just now."

again, such a lack of structural transition is just inexcusable, especially when the substance story -- the trials and tribulations of humans --- was actually good...

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 11 years ago
jumping

Fir me there was too much jumping from year to another and from one person to anther as well. It would have been helpful to have had a small heading, ie 4 years previous or Susan etc.

apart from that a very emotional and sad story. I must say that the wife may have been over whelmed by her husbands loyalty and she knew she just could not be a perfect person.

At this point she needed to confess she was loosing the will to survive and and for help !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
An emotional roller coaster

This story is unlike any other I have read at Literotica over the years. You are a truly gifted writer. I was drawn in by the wonderful character building you did. I actually felt so sad for all concerned. A long story, but kept my interest throughout. Bravo.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 11 years ago
Heads...or Tails

Fucking the two guys (one MAYBE after coercion) did not change the Truth of her "my day went OK!" day-end report! May NOT have been great sex, but she did NOT see it as a momentous deal. So Hubby did not see any 'tells' on the webvid. So how did he 'see' through her later for this same NONmomentous DEAL? Granted, asking stupid questions (to which she ALREADY knew the answers), plus bringing her Sis into the mix were stupid moves!

Despite that, and in FULL support of his Immaculate Knighthood being a BIG-ass turn-off, I enjoyed the story. Oh, and the length and the awkward flashbacks! Could have been easier to read, but I'm glad I read it!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 11 years ago
A completely awesome storyline and a well told tale

David was a bit like a knight in shining armor and the subtle way the author has developed his character made the cheating of Susan heart felt.

All of the main characers seemed very real and the whole story was very believable.

It's sad that there were no real winners in this story, even though David did wind up with Maggie. It seemed as if he still had a large hole in heart from losing Susan.

Thanks very much for all of the effort in writing and editing this story, and making it a pleasure to read...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I agree with the other comment you are a gifted writer

The way you handled the difficult psychological mishandling of adultery by Susan, almost as if she were back in High School, was very well done. You showed that you understand a great deal about both sexes and the permutations of their relationships.

Some continue to morph their relationships way after the altar.

You caught me with Maggie when she was in fact not a Lesbian at all but literally destined only for one man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fantasy

It'd be nice to be so connected to another person that I could read all from her eyes. In my life, that is so far away from reality that I consider it fantasy. But that's about me. It's fun to consider how loving someone that deeply would feel. Thanks for creating the opportunity for me to consider that possibility. . .

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 11 years ago
Great Story

I thought it started out a little slow and with the constant time shifts a little frustrating. Frustrating in that I would just start to get emotionally immerse in the story and then BAM, time shift, emotions turned off and I'm basically kicked out of the story again. I don't know if you thought if it would be a less boring way to present the events that led up to the present or what but it didn't work for me. But after the times shifts became more infrequent the story really started to cook and I found myself completely emotionally living the story. Once I became emotionally invested, the story became very realistic and I have to agree with you. The pain of not sharing a life with the person you love can be devastating especially when you know it was all your fault. Hell, I would rather get my ass beat, heal and be done with it rather than to suffer for the rest of my life with regret. Especially, after the kids grow up and you only see them at the holidays . The rest of the time you're all alone. Pretty sad story but then all the good ones of this type are. Excellent writing and a very moving story. Thank you

leviayersleviayersalmost 11 years ago

outstanding story telling 5

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3almost 11 years ago
Great Story!!!

5* easily! You are an excellent storyteller and writer. Hope to see more of your stories soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Why would he get the kids?

The law doesn't work like that unless she is some kind of massive drug addict(and even then it's not a forgone conclusion) the mother always gets the kids, especially when he has to take trips for meetings and does long hours at work her cheating would mean nothing.

I didn't mind it but having a leading man in every story that's completely perfect is just stupid and takes something away from the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story

Interesting ending with Maggie. But if you truly think that in the world of fantasy everything always works out for the hero, you haven't read many stories on this site. This story was probably closer to real life than many. Nobody got blown up their lives just got turned upside down, then life went on. Nicely told.

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 11 years ago
Wow .... Sad and Happy at the same time and for many different reasons !!!!

Sad ... Mags never told David that she loved him cuz she couldn't get pregnant

Sad ... Susan cheats because her life is too perfect

Sad ... That Mags had to help David through this crisis even tho she really wanted him

Sad & happy ... That Susan gets to be a part of her children's lives but without her husband

Happy... That David and Mags finally get together after 20 years

GREAT STORY .... One of my favorites for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
feet of clay

what an annoying prick. i am on her side

we need our flaws as much as our

virtues. he was a machine. always the good guy.

horseshit!

he had the humanity of a calculater

an d she should havr stabbed in his

sleep.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 11 years ago
Just found this story. . . .

Story read fairly well despite the flashbacks and changing points of view. There were some annoying typos and other errors a good editor might have caught. It was a bit wordy and there were times I was thinking, "Get to the point already!" As others pointed out, our hero was a bit too perfect, almost a machine. OK, he cried in Maggie's arms, but maybe that was his only sign of weakness (or maybe not weakness, but being human with mortal frailties). Four stars, a solid read. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good Story

I really liked the story. However, the following line got you 5 stars:

"OK, so she said that there was no way that American voters would elect a corrupt ex-Chicago city organizer to the presidency. Unfortunately, I said she told you the truth. Not that she was right. God help us all."

Keep writing and thanks!

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I liked the way it ended. It was too long and rambled and the damn flashbacks!!!

It seemed as there was a flashback every third paragraph during the first 2/3 (at least) of the story. Aside from that it was a really good story. I wish that fucking bitch Susan would have ended up killing herself, the selfish slut. She had it made, a perfect husband that really loved her and who never cheated on her. She just gave it up for NOTHING. I hope her twat grows together and her kids hate her sooner or later. He let her off too easy but I guess he loved their kids too much to fix her up with what she had coming. Her lovers at least needed to have their knees smashed (among other things.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very good story, with exceptions

Good read but way too many words. You need a really good editor because this was a good story that had too many words in it. Fewer odd ramblings and it would have been great. And while I enjoyed it, David goes down in my book as being one of the most sanctimonious, condescending bastards ever to grace the pages of a story. He is unwilling to admit that he sees himself as perfect and expects that perfection from all those around him. Tough attitude to live with let alone be married to. He needs to come down off his high horse and live in the real world where people are fallible, make mistakes, learn from those mistakes and move on. What a jackass.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
I really like what you did with this -

The players were interesting through out - the basic principle was more than interesting and certainly taken to an extreme - knowing what she said by watching her eyes alone -

The lead up to her understanding what she did and WHY the all important WHY - was really good - it made it clear why the marriage could never continue with those 2 people. He would always know she could live a lie and do what she did with no feelings of guilt or remorse which made her even more untrustworthy than the average cheater - at least for him.

All of us who have dealt with a cheater have the question of whether you can trust them or not - it is a matter of simple faith or a lack thereof - for him he had to also know his rock (the ability to know her thoughts) was gone too. It demanded too much faith - at least for him.

Quite an interesting concept - what happens when your whole world is rocked and collapses around you - rebuild on the old fault line or move and find a more stable piece of bedrock? I agree with his choice even if he has some pretty unrealistic expectations - heh

nvprofnvprofalmost 11 years ago
Not as smart as he thinks he is

As someone who has spent 20 years studying nonverbal behavior and who has written a book on the topic, I am doubtful that someone can read someone so flawlessly every time they interact. No one bats 1000. That said, this obviously smart guy has drawn a questionable conclusion, and then acted as though it were a fact without testing it. As a scientist who was offered a post-doc at one of the schools he professes to have attended, I have a problem with his conclusion. He claims that he cannot be with someone who could think so little of cheating on him that she shows no regret, guilt or whatever. He is making a basic mistake in the interpretation of her nonverbal behavior. First, a fact: the association that she is making with the event is what determines her nonverbal behavior. Her association (what she feels) may not be with cheating, but with the significance of the event itself. If she has no emotional attachement to the event, her nonverbal behavior would reflect it. He frames the sex act as cheating, whereas she may frame it as a meaningless three minute encounter. Her emotional attachment to the event is what he is "reading," not necessarily her feelings about the act of cheating. He cannot superimpose his reference point on hers to interpret her nonverbal behaviors. Her nonverbal behavior is determined by how she sees the event--not how he sees it. How many times has someone said (or done) something that they thought was offensive and felt guilty enough to ruminate on it until they feel the need to apologize, only to be surprised when the supposedly offended person doesn't even remember the event. That happens when we attach more meaning to the event than the supposedly offended person. The wife's alledged nonchallance could have been for this reason. In which case, this rigid and arrogant fool might have thrown away the love of someone who just plain fucked up and was remorseful. I admit that I may be biased, since I tend not to like dogmatic people who are prone to "burn the bitch" without consideration of extenuating circumstances or the real value of the relationship. Then again, I wouldn't mind taking what he's rejected. She sounds hot, smart and human. I think that's a helluva combination.

zed0zed0almost 11 years ago
Jebus Cripes!

For a right wing, bible thumping, god dammed "republicant," your story was somewhat low on spin, propaganda, and proselytizing.

Low but not low enough!

(There are a few thumpers on this site that are a lot worse)!

At least you are not a wimp, and if you can manage to keep your disgusting prescribed thinking to yourself on the next story, I might give you a 5.

But I doubt it!

Once a right wing, bible thumping, god dammed "republicant," always a right wing, bible thumping, god dammed "republicant!"

(Do Mitt & Jesus know you write porn? Or do you get forgiven on schedule every Sunday, you fucking hypocrite).

leviayersleviayersalmost 11 years ago

enjoyed your story thanks 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Can you be more cryptic?

"She told the truth, Doc. That is why we are getting divorced."

It took you 2-3 pages to explain what you mean by that. Just say he's divorcing her because she's a slut and didn't care. How hard is that. Your story telling is like using the secret decoder ring to decode the absolutely important message of "You should drink your milk" (from the movie "A Christmas Story"). The process is frustrating and the end result is anti-climatic. I know that you think you are clever, but all you have done is pissed off your readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good story

Good story, but it was too drawn out. Too much unnecessary space filling. Try to be a bit more direct at times, there were 3 to 4 pages too much in what was an underlying good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellant

This is a great story. I'm not a bit sorry that it took 7 pages. Actually, I would have liked more.

Bill1104

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

That was a pretty fucking good ending. I know the "right-wing-basher" would have preferred some dribble like making Susan watch as he fucked her sister every night for a year, but I liked you twist. I liked that he sought a reason for her fucking other men, and I liked the fact that she really didn't have a good reason. Just being human is very erotic in itself.

Thanks

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Harry in VA

The biggest fucking moron on Literotica. Never produced a damn thing but bile and praise for bullshit stories like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
He's just too perfect.

The story is very good. It's well written, has a good plot and the ending is pretty good as well. But David, the husband, sounds like a combination Albert Einstein, Gandhi and Superman. He's just not a realistic character and he's hard to relate to.

It's fine to have admirable protagonists but perfection can be tedious.

MadzillahMadzillahover 10 years ago
accident on the rating

I meant to leave 5 stars and wish I could leave 6. (Wish I also could correct it!!)

To say that Romance or Living wives are not my genres here would be a vast understatement. I landed on this story by accident.

The "revenge" here, however, was complex and exquisite. It hooked me. Very well done.

The character is pretty believable to me; I am married to someone like him and know quite a few like him (both men and women--- I am a lucky individual with my mate and the caliber of my friends.)

Great story.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Depressing

Of course this was a five, but was it ever depressing. I am reminded of a comment Hitler made. I paraphrase, 'I move forward as though I were a sleep walker inexorably toward my destiny'. Our hero marched forward relentlessly, with raw determination toward the destruction of his wife, his children, and his marriage. Damn the children full speed ahead!

Sure he admitted remorse, but he sounded like Eichmann at his trial when he was asked if he felt any remorse about the murder of the Bulgarian children in the winter of 1944-45. Eichmann's reply, 'but each child was given a chocolate before entering the gas chamber', or was it bread with a marmalade spread?

David might have had Reinhardt Heydrich as a role model; he was just another blond beast. Poor Susan was imperfect; she had to acknowledge it, once she did then David, and the equally self-absorbed Maggie, could resolve to terminate the marriage with clear consciences.

Maggie was like Magda Goebbels. We can hear her now, 'I had to poison my children, yes murder them, so they would never grow up and know what a monster their father was. We can excuse Maggie; remember her uncle abused her, but we have no such compassion for Susan, she was just guilty of bad judgment, something we can forgive, but there can be no redemption. The noose still must be drawn tightly around her imperfect neck; after all didn't David have standards?

Oh if only Susan had been the victim of some abusive relative, but then David would have to become sympathetic, he would have had show compassion, and that just wasn't a part of his Hermeneutic! Our David, he was a 'crack baby' incapable of empathy.

Yes, a great story, but so somber and morose half the readership went out and hanged themselves afterward.

rixelsrixelsover 10 years ago
He talks to himself too much

In the past this couple always talked about their problems and came to a solution........except this time. She couldn't talk to him about her problems and later he worked out solutions with himself. Sad

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 10 years ago
Outstanding

An outstanding story and very true to the title. Her eyes were the key. To those who felt like David had no compassion I say BS. Even being a fan of reconciliation, I know there can be none when the offending spouse feels no remorse.

The only remorse Susan felt was in the fact that she knew she was going to be caught. If one did not understand that, they need to go back and reread that last several paragraphs of the session with the Doc. The whole purpose of those paragraphs was to point out her lack of remorse. She truthfully told him to his face via webcams that there was nothing wrong even on the days she was fucking around. If she had felt any remorse, he would have known that she was lying.

On a side note, there were a few foaming at the mouth diatribes in the comments that go to prove that some liberals are ignorant, hateful people. "Holy name" my ass. And some should look in the mirror before they throw around that racist rant. Project much? Ah, but that is the easy way out, right? If someone does not agree with you they must be a racist or a bible thumper. I am neither and I appreciate the author's humorous reference to the community organizer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Kudos!

85% of the drivel on site this is just plain old fuck and suck total without literary merit or inspiration for a good.wank. If nothing else you know how to write.I think your protagonist is a moralistic.

prig who fancies himself on Mt. Olympus judging us mere mortals. I just wish she could have enjoyed sexcapade more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
moralistic prig?

We should all try and live like this character. It would literally save the world.

And all that he did was to remain steadfastly honest.

Great writing. Great style. One or two syntax errors was all I saw, not enough to be a real problem.

The only other thing I had to come to grips with was the change from one 'first person' delivery, to another 'first person' in the next chanpter. Unusual, very easy to fuck up, but I think it worked for this story once I accepted it.

At least you did it with skill and style, not like some writers who change from first person to third person and back again in the space of a sentence.

Thanks for a great read.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 HOW DOES ONE MAN AQUIRE AN UNCANNY ABILITY

to be attuned to his soul-mate. Maybe the Golden Rules are their own reward, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Boring

Seriously boring and legnthy

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"I was always truthful to Susan"

NO, YOU WERE NOT.

Remember that conversation about Jason Smith?

Susan gave you the chance to tell her that you had rescued Molly from an embarrassing situation created by him.

You did not take it, presumably because you did not want to tell the whole truth if that would make thing difficult for you---just like your wife did..

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
some can see within..

I am not saying I can see every time but... I can tell a woman is on the make and cheating a high percentage of time... I did enjoy

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
A very ambitious effort...

... but, even with the somewhat confusing flashbacks and point of view changes, fairly well pulled off. Certainly not perfect but definitely a four star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A very good write.....

A little long winded for this site but you are becoming or allready are a very good author....bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A very enjoyable story!

I was pleased to have found the story so enjoyable after putting in all the time to read it....! Sometimes you don't have to BTB, their punishment is to see you live a good and happy life. That was the case in this story.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Great story.

I got lost in the going back and forth. I don't like stories written in that style. This story was great just too long and the wring style still a Five stars.

tae352001tae352001over 10 years ago
5 stars but.....

Oh for the love of PETE.... ok, she cheated, had an STD, to keep her in your life, might as well forgive, work on it and enjoy watching the sunset together... shit happens. Make a small second part 2.. after a beautiful Christmas life was not the same so they exchange vows again. live happily ever after.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Fine story

Don't now how I missed it. A good read and well done tale.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Somethings Missing

Different, thoughtful, very literate with well drawn fascinating characters and a very interesting look at infidelity. What bothers me? The husband is too serene about discovering his wife's infidelity. The therapist is just too whiny and annoying and even within the context of the story seems lacking in any special qualities despite what Maggie says. Maggie seems to be forcing continuing therapy sessions not to save the marriage but to unearth the wife's most painful reason for her adultery; her husband was too good to her emotionally. She almost seems to be forcing her to destroy herself in her husbands eyes and open the way for Maggie. So the reason for therapy becomes ambiguous. What also seems to be missing is anger, sadness, grief as a sharp emotion. The emotions seem muted as though seen or felt through a foggy window. Oh, hell, it should be read 5*

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 10 years ago
Revisited...

...having read this story now several times I still cannot come to any conclusion other than this ist definately one of the most intelligently written stories I have ever come across. The ending of it, especially the reasons given, demonstrated a high-classed, almost premium-classed logic that stunned me.

5* are inevitable, but I wish I could double that amount. Thank you for pleasuring me this way.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent Tale

Well written, intelligent and thought provoking. Alas it is only fiction I wish it was that easy to know when you've been betrayed. Still one of the best I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow that was a super story

Well written 99%better than most , you really go deep into your stories. Well done keep them coming

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous