All Comments on 'The Bearing'

by SecondCircle

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AcktionAcktionover 10 years ago
Always, always listen to the dog, Dude!

If the dog was hunkered down, whining, that would have been my cue to go back to check out the cute pink haired punk rocker.

I am not what you would call a horror aficionado by any stretch, However, I do know the tune and have been caught in a past life under my covers with a flashlight after "lights out" and a book by John Saul or Stephan King (pre- Tommyknockers) or Jay Anson. I don't believe I am amiss in mentioning those in a comment on your tale of terror. Or would that be "terrible tail"?

Thank you for sharing this well written horror tale with us. Very much in the spirit of the Halloween contest.

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
That was freaking horrifying!

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. You created some amazing suspense here. I had to keep covering the bottom of the screen to keep from skipping ahead. Horrifying. Absolutely horrifying. Good story.

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
Whooooa

Chilling, scary, and fear-inducing are three terms I'd plant on this story. Befitting of a Halloween story. Read it if you dare.

Great job and good luck in the Halloween contest.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 7 years ago
Well written but stupid

Excellent writing wasted on some goofy old horror movie theme.

baileytommybaileytommyover 5 years ago
halloween

this story was sooo predictable when the weird stuff happen like her head turning and the dog acting frightening of course and he sees all this he thanks she sleep walking?every body knows his going to get killed but at list you should have let readers have a hint about who and what the thing was and why she hated her husband because she's feeding him to it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSecondCircle@SecondCircle
783 Followers
"If you walk about the city long enough, you might glimpse a man, a cloaked man who strays from the typical path. You might fancy him an illusion or a trick of the eye. But whatever his form, he's there. Were you close enough to discern, you'd find that he is without a face. E...