All Comments on 'Frank and Mary Beth'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 77 Comments
bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Good Story

JPB knows how to roll out a good pot-boiler and has characters and dialogues produce an impression.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Strong man

Nice to have a strong man as the protagonist, instead of the simpering mamma's boys that seem to inhabit most of these stories. No person, even a wife of 24 years is worth going through that misery.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
A happy intending from JPB !

Wait. Is this some kind of cruel hoax ?

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Workmanlike but unremarkable

Except for one thing. And frankly, this is more of a 'fantasy fistpump' than reality. Well...actually, this IS becoming the reality.

Essentially Amber forgot that her pussy isn't made of platinum. It is a precious flower to only one person...and if she is married, two people. Otherwise it is a commodity with the same rules of supply and demand as any other commodity and there are competitor products also out there.

Now...women, I get it! Why should she have to compromise her moral stance? She shouldn't...but she also gets to face the consequences of said moral stance...and that is that it may cost you something important. Men make these choices too though admittedly, they face less stigmatism (Unless they are in a JPB story, where the sluttier the better and no one thinks the worse of her...so she's golden!)

So that bit I liked quite a bit. I am also glad that this guy was experienced enough to realize this fact instead of buying into the Platinum Pussy Lie. They weren't in an exclusive relationship that I saw. She said she wouldn't take up with a married men.

She wanted a lease to buy without paying out of pocket and without signing a contract. That is bad business practice.

deadrabbitsdeadrabbitsover 10 years ago
My kind of story....

Well done. Please write more!

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
There it is!

The King of Twisted is back, and his BTB Masterpiece is finished! Having most recently been the victim of the Lords and Litiots of Lit screwing up my latest tale, I'm glad they fixed this one.

Hail to the King.

5 HUGE Stars!

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
Another wonderful read from a master craftsman

Loved the story line, loved the characters, loved way the options evolved and how they resolved and just thoroughly enjoyed reading this tale.

Thanks for another well crafted effort.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Blood on the plow.

Story left me feeling sad. He did well to resist when he was at his lowest ebb - but still...I know, even after 24 years he had all reason to stop loving.

johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesover 10 years ago
Was this reposted?

I swear I read this exact story, hay bales and all in the not to distant past.

Q_L_PQ_L_Pover 10 years ago
Perfect Result! Not BTB, just a little "payback" then moving on to what he deserves! 5 *

Exactly right JPB!

I can never figure out the men who would even think of taking this woman back!

They are not noble. They are stupid.

And with a very low self esteem.

As to guys that get off on it, well, that is an entirely other cup of tea.

As to these guys, I just wonder what they would tell their kids?

So, let's be clear: unless it is 1 time AND she is so drunk or high that it's rape AND you let her get that way AND then left her to fend for herself, cheating is NEVER a "weak MOMENT of indiscretion"; cheating is a 1000 mile journey of betrayal with turnoffs onto the right road at every mile until the cliff at the end.

Her cheating tells you what her TRUE opinion is of you: not much. And if you don't leave her, your kids will have the same opinion of you when they're grown.

So move on, & find yourself a better woman even if it costs you & takes a while!

YOU DESERVE IT!!

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
5*****

JPB forgot not to write longer epilog so the BTB level was increased higher. LIT republished the all version so I will publish my story in one part here soon. I published my story on SOL earlier (with edition).

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Thanks for the effort.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 10 years ago
Nicely done

A good storyline and a well written story.

I thought the ending was good too.

Well done.

Thanks for the read.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
True To type

Good story telling with a little more depth than some BTB's. You don't throw away twenty odd years of being together overnight. Only problem with it was it was about as erotic as being slapped with a wet fish. I guess if that's your thing......3*

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Thanks ***

For the read.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

Well written, decent story, no self cucking, no over the top revenge strategy, in other words just a strait story done well, usually jpbs best work.. 4/5

JackorChuckJackorChuckover 10 years ago
Good

A good JPB story, I eenjoyed it, Thank you.

trashmantxtrashmantxover 10 years ago
Part two

I think Bob was really tired or drunk when he wrote part one what do you think?

Excellent comeback

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
A Lot of Investment !

A good story and a mild BTB theme. I do wonder when the husband fines out his wife's infidelity he acts so calm !

After 24 year's with the same woman would either of just let a divorce occur !

Sure the husband will be distort, emotional unbalanced plus a host of other feelings.

Would he just ditch the bitch of 24 years ! ?

Perhaps we need more description of emotion the husband is going though. I would hope that the wife would do everything she could to keep her man. Ever after the husband has ploughed his way through several woman !

Come JBB lets have some more great stories.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
The revenge story is revenge story

Why a husband character should remain together with a cheating wife after 24 years?

The 24 years meant he was calm but he did the exact steps. I have story on SOL, where the husband divorced from his wife after more than 24 years and my character was calm too........too not calm husbands go to prison in the modern world.........

navin4u2k3navin4u2k3over 10 years ago
Give them enough privacy, every women is a cheat !

Give them enough privacy, no worries, every women is a cheat ! It is duty of husband who protect and care for the woman to keep an eye on them regularly so that they don't get a chance to deviate. Frank found out too late. He punished too quickly. Ending the story as if the kids accepted Amber is nothing but self satisfaction to male ego.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
good solid story

with an uncharacteristic happy ending (or two!)

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
good story

This was a good story, but I just couldn't take to any of the characters. M-B was a cheating cunt-'nuff said. But I just couldn't get myself to like Frank either. He seems very 2-dimensional and shallow. He seems to judge a woman's potential as a mate based solely on her performance in bed. Kind of like "I love everything about this woman, but I don't like the sounds she makes during sex, so I have to dump her". Or else it was a case of :"I have absolutely nothing in common with this woman and she is half my age. I hate her taste in everything, and she is every bit as childish as a high school teen, but she 'shore is purty' so I think I'll marry her". As I said, this was a good story, and although I did enjoy it to a point, most, if not all, of the characters seemed like immature school teens. All this story needed was a limp-dicked vampire of werewolf to complete the analogy. A little more character development needed on this one.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 10 years ago
WOW a clear ending to a JPB story

An unusual event a clear ending to a JPB story. I know JPB can write a great story just for me too many don't have much of an ending and leave me wanting a conclusion. So I am happy with this story.

Well written and good to read and well worth my time.

Thank you for writing and sharing your work.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 10 years ago
I really liked this story, Bob. It ended much better than many of yours that I read.

He did the right thing by divorcing Mary Beth even if he would have had to stay single. Possibly with one transgression but she had repeated ones and continued to lie about it. He could never trust her and it would not have been worth the worry to keep up with her shenanigans. He probably would have ended up killing her and maybe someone else. Life is too short to be miserable or in prison. Great story, Bob. I know that I have bitterly complained about some of your endings or failure to let the husbands get some revenge. this was your best. Thank you for writing.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
cut and paste ?

Some many JPB stories are much the same.

This story is titled Frank and Mary Beth but the main male character through the story is named Ralph.

Who is Frank ?

MattressThrasherMattressThrasheralmost 10 years ago
Another good story

I like the story overall. It was just the right length and had enough payback without being over the top.

Samhain8415Samhain8415almost 10 years ago
Twocrows

Exactly what I was thinking , who the hell is frank

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another good one right up until the end

When he goes crazy and chooses to be with Amber. No long term future there. He's thinking with his little head. And having a kid at his age? Now what's he going to do with the farm? And did he get a pre-nup from Amber? UGH!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
****

Good story. Had fun reading it.

One question: why is Frank in the title?

He's not n the story.

BigK10BigK10about 9 years ago
Frank is hiding...

somewhere in the story, Frank is there.. Kinda like "Where's Waldo." LOL

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Repeating Myself

I've said both of these things several times:

First, the "curiosity" excuse - what's the point? If the sex is no better, she's cheated for nothing, and if it IS better, then what? If she truly "loves" her husband she isn't going to leave him, so is she now going to settle for lesser sex? Or be one of those "Loving Wives" who expect their husband to allow them to have outside sex?

Second, the "it was just sex" excuse - now come on, how many wives would accept that excuse from their husbands? 99.9% of wives who catch their husbands screwing around don't care how much their husbands "love" them while they rape them in the divorce!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I caught my own wife in the barn

And just like Ralph, it was burned into my brain. But unlike Ralph, I neither owned the farm nor had much money. My wife was being banged Tom, and old boyfriend and to me, that meant I was officially replaced, whether it had been the first or 10th time. When another man's cock went into MY wife's body, we were no longer married.

I just turned around and walked up to the house, pulled the truck up next to the front porch and started loading my gear. We'd only been married about 7 years and had only recently started trying for a baby. I could only hope if she was married, it was Tom's, because I didn't want to be tied to a cheaterslut/whore. I saw Tom's '66 Camaro pull away from the barn when I was tossing the last of my clothes into my truck and my wife came out. The instant she saw me, she must have been smart enough to understand I knew what had happened.

She was screaming and crying, unlike Mary Beth of the story. She was apologizing and telling me how much she loved me. Each time she came close while I was carrying the last of my stuff out, I held my hand out to warn her away. She was sitting on the front porch crying when I pulled away.

I didn't file for divorce. I just left. My job was one I could get anywhere, driving heavy machinery. And sure enough, within a month, I was working at a mine some 1200 miles away from my wife. Four years later, since I wasn't married, I had a live-in girlfriend and we had two kids, when my wife tracked me down. My girlfriend was pleasant, even when I explained who the woman was, and let her in. I was ready to pack my shit and git, but Maria talked me into manning up and listening to her.

Amy was in shock when she found out we had two kids. It was something she wanted for us but her cheating ruined that I made that perfectly clear. She admitted she had no one to blame but herself and I was able to finally get her to admit, she'd been seeing Tom since he moved back to town about a year earlier. Instead of just a few times that I suspected, he'd fucked her dozens of times. This was the same guy that popped her cherry in the 10th grade and then cheated on her. Amy had no explanation as to why, even after being married, she was willing to spread her legs for a cheater. She ended up with the clap and they never had sex again after I left. She lost in every way possible.

When she left she knew it was truly over and I received the divorce papers a few weeks later. I signed them, she had them filed and 5 months later, I was marrying my girlfriend.

That was 32 years ago. I now have grandkids and Maria and I are still incredibly happy. Amy? She married her 6th husband no too long ago, it was Tom for the 2nd time. She just can't seem to stay away from the dirty manwhore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Frank

Frank is one of the horses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story but a few questions come to mind.

He still loves her and 2 women aren't doing 80% of what his wife did. So after three children and all those years there's no room for forgiveness or reconciliation? Was he really perfect for all those years? And if he's worried about Mary Beth catching him with another woman before he's divorced what's he doing sleeping with Alice and what's the difference between sleeping with Alice and sleeping with Amber? I also found it difficult to believe all his kids hide the fact that he had changed the ownership of the farm considering they were teenagers, from their Mother. He couldn't have been too devastated by his divorce since he got married not 6 months after the divorce was final. And what happened to all the differences between he and Amber? They just dissolved in sex with Amber? At the end, I really didn't like him at all. Both a shallow and mean man. I also think a good attorney gets some or all of the money he spent on the kids education without her consent, back for her. And after all those years, she got alimony and part of his retirement. Too many years for a Judge to do otherwise, regardless of how cranky the Judge was. And if necessary, an appeal gets her all that and more. So while I enjoyed the fantasy of the story, reality would have been much different.

SimplyMikeSimplyMikeover 8 years ago
Re. The Comment Below.....

I've been in a situation like his..... and it doesn't work in the long run, at least for me..... I went back, but the life I lived with her was but just a shadow of what it was before..... Trust...? Quite a small word but immense in it's meaning.... I never got the full connection back and it corroded the relationship until there was nothing left but fondness and regret.... The total love I'd had before gradually devolved into routine as I just couldn't get back to where we were because of the memory and trust issues. Did I forgive her? Yes.... but it was never the same, so we parted.

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 8 years ago
sexcellent

i really enjoyed this. thanks!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Nice

A great tale. Whenever the betrayed spouse finds love again it is a great story.

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Healthy

Possibly the most mentally healthy response to a cheating wife here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What a difference a story makes

You actually wrote something resembling insight into an antagonist. It wasn't much, it was still, "I was a virgin. I only wanted to die having had more than one," but that's a quantum leap more than, "I've always wanted to try bbc."

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Strange cock!

Hahaha! Costly cock, I would say!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pretty much by the book

but at least it had an ending this time.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
WHEN ARE THEY EVER GOING TO LEARN

no matter how much power they think they control, you still have to follow the rules. TK U MLJ LV NV

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Damn....

...but I love happy endings!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A good one

this is one where you put the effort to write a complete sotry from beginning to end.

Definitely one that have to go your hall of fame.

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 6 years ago
But the problem is...

He was too stupid to end up with the love of his life. He let his little male ego get in the way of his total long term happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@mgbdallas

He did end up with the love of his life.

Didn't you read the story. The wife continued to cheat on her other husbands.

I get a kick out of females such as yourself going on and on about the supposedly fragile and now little male ego.

Quit coloring your hair, forget the facial and neck and chest creams. Put aside a small fortune by forgoing makeup and stop all treatments to remove that facial hair.

But most of all do not rant and rave when you find your guy in bed with your best friend.

Over the years females have blasted all men as cheaters and thinking with little heads must be those fragile and tiny female egos talking...strange you never mentioned fact that Alice divorced her husband for having that recreational sex.

If you denigrate Ralph you must also chastise Alice for they both acted in exact same manner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@Mbgdallas

Buy yourself a brain... or if you are suggesrting that he should take back the cheating cunt, maybe you should buy a cock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of your better ones

I find something to like in all of your stories, there are some I like more. This one gets 4 stars, still waiting for that 5 star story that I'm sure you have in you.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Worth the time reading.

Pretty good LW's story. *****

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

How is that the guy always ends up with the hot babe while the wife’s life turns it shit. Never ever happens like that in real life.

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
@timriv

The reality is men cheat twice more often than women AND a lot of men leave their wives for younger women. So there are a lot of middle aged women out there that have to start all over again.

Perhaps it's a little easier for a woman to start dating again and become sexual again after a divorce, simply because women are hit on and men have to do the hitting on. So if you're the one that's been left and are depressed and not feeling very good about yourself, well if you're the woman you can put on a nice dress, some make-up and get a nice hair cut and you will likely have some man or men approach you to date. But if you're a man left behind and are feeling depressed and left with a low self-esteem well you're both not going to approach a woman for a date and that state is not attractive for a woman so she isn't going to want to approach or flirt with you. Men are attracted to vulnerability in a woman so her being a bit sad or feeling vulnerable is not going to keep them away and, in fact, may entice them and on the other hand women are attracted to confidence and strength in a man which is hard to have when you're the one cheated on or left behind.

cybojicybojialmost 6 years ago
Disagree

I find that women cheat more in relationships than men. Men seem to be more loyal till they are treated like paychecks. Most of my friends are/were loyal husbands and boyfriends who were betrayed. In my life experience i'd say women stray 80% of the time of those couples that cheat. Also will say there are a lot of great women out there also. Men are more transparent about it. I'm also sad to say it happened by my ex.

Some day I will write some of those stories.u of I iww

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good until the end

"We had nothing in common". That's a quote. Would a little sex make him blind to the truth that he and Amber aren't a good match out of bed? Why get married? And there's no way, after raising three kids he wants another at his age. That was just stupid. Remember he's broke. All his money went to his kids college funds and the divorce. Really dumb ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
timriv...

Ain't that the truth. Look at you. You ended up remarried to your whore after she fucked your friend, then divorced you for him. Your life certainly ain't a great story. You know what you are? A Matt Moreau story brought to life. I wish we could meet so I could laugh in your face. That's literally all I want to do. Best of luck pretending your whore's not spreading for anyone she meets with a cock when you aren't around

jkthekatjkthekatover 5 years ago
you guys are kidding right?

It's just a story, not even sexy enough to get a hard on! BUT... it was entertaining, and has parallels in real life [ unfortunately mine included] so thanks for a well written and sobering yarn.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyover 5 years ago
@johnadp

According to surveys, in Germany about 47% of the male population in a relationship cheat on their partners, while approximately 45% of the women admitted to do the same. I'd assume that the real numbers are a bit higher for women, since more of them seem to deny to have done things they know they ought not to, even if they are sure about staying anonymous in a poll like this. Anyhow, the numbers are very close in Germany at least.

I might add that regarding to young adults the male of our species falls in love faster and that those feelings tend to last longer as compared to young female adults. As far as I remember again the study was done in Germany.

If you take those results for real, they show that the picture our mass media paint of the male population is very distorted, being the man is always the cheater and the chasers for new prey. And if the woman cheats, there are almost always "good reasons" made up, so in the end the man is guilty again. Keep in mind, I'm speaking about Germany here.

About the age difference. Except from quite a lot of the rich and famous men, you will not very often find some older man with a much younger wife where I live. I do not know one couple like that personally.

Manfred from Germany

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 5 years ago
What’s with the title?

Who is Frank? The primary males are Ralph and Mike... so who’s Frank?

There are some typos, but otherwise it’s a very good, and realistic story. His version of BTB was completely believable. Also, his emotions are what you’d expect from a well adjusted man. Nice job!

(PM me if you want a volunteer proofreader)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

If a much higher percentage of men cheat than women, who are those men cheating with??? Other men??? LOL

I think logic dictates that the percentage of cheating men and cheating women is about the same, and always has been.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Yeah!!! Finally a MAN with principles!!! Is he Ralph or Frank???

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Good one. This is the best JPB that I have read in a while. A man standing by his principles is unusual for Bob. Mary Beth thought that Lue’s favorite “recreational sex”, or innocent fling wouldn’t hurt her marriage. She got a very rude awakening and Mike got his ass kicked. Amber made it a very happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
I like it mostly

I did NOT like the gay anal crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Once Ralph spent the night having sex with Alice, he was worse the Mary Beth.

Yes, Mary Beth is a cheater but he is worse because they are still married and he betrayed himself by having sex with a woman other than wife which while married, something he stated he was against doing. Ralph cheated on Amber, as they were dating and waiting until the divorce was final to have sex.

Alice throwing herself at Ralph just for revenge sex before their divorces were final made her look pathetic.

With no sympathetic characters half way through, I stopped reading.

1 star

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

GREAT, realistic, believable story! Ol' Bob has raised that bar so high, it's somewhere between Pluton and Krypto!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story right up until the end when he should have dropped Amber on her ass. She's too immature and bitchy and she thinks her pussy is golden and used it as a tool to get her way. I thought that's why he divorced Mary Beth? Why hang around with another, similar woman???

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

Good story but that 44 with 24 won't work in the long run.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
What

What happened to Martha,no mention of telling her he couldn't see her again.As for Amber she has already shown ,she is a tempermental woman,so marrying her is asking for trouble.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Enjoyable story, but what the hell happened to Frank?

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Good story, Mary Beth really was stupid, flushed 24 years of marriage down the drain for a little strange cock, not just once but several times with Mike. When Ralph kicks her to the curb all of the sudden she has deep regrets and wants Ralph to forgive and take her back, I don't think so. Mary Beth showed her true colors with her subsequent 2nd marriage ending in divorce for cheating. Even though Amber was a lot younger than Ralph there was a better chance of sucess than taking Mary Beth back. At least he has a chance at happiness. Gets 5 stars for writing and character development.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Story contained individual themes that could have been developed into interesting stories but they just lay there and didn't mature into anything substantial. The tale just petered out and died.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What??

Seemed to keep changing directions.

Amber I liked. No cheating. Divorce final

He missed sex. Boohoo!! Trying to be nice and also have to have sex

Played it both ways. Not happening

vicetoyvicetoyover 1 year ago

5 stares but where is FRANK ?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

The wife's behavior after being found out where she tries to seduce her husband cracked me up. I get a kick out of cheating wives who think they have something every other woman doesn't have. Good story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

started out good, then got to be too much with Alice, then Amber. Poor Marge the widow shows interest and gets 1 lousy date that dashes her hopes.

BSreaderBSreader6 months ago
Didn't

Care for how it ended

60022Mallard60022Mallard4 months ago

Are male MC's like male car drivers of whom 90% are better than average drivers?

lover1953lover19533 months ago

This should be in the Humour category. The writing was excellent and I gave it 5 Stars. Really enjoyed it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9067 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS