All Comments on 'A Moment in Time'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
avidfaavidfaabout 10 years ago
Great!

Always love your stuff. While I take this as fiction, I can almost remember you telling me this some time ago while we had coffee in the family room.

No, we never met, it was just that real.

DG HearDG Hearabout 10 years agoAuthor
avidfa

Thank you for commenting and letting me know we didn't meet. Part of the story is true. I did sneak in and kiss my sisters girlfriend and never told anyone. A lot of the rest of the story is true also. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

DG

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Beautiful Story

It almost pushed me out of the I want to curl up and die club.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 10 years ago
A tender mature story

Yes. Your story prompted me to sit down and think about past moments in time. And about people I knew and loved and who are now gone. Thank you for reviving pleasant memories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Can't wait for the motorhome diaries

I cannot wait to hear where you take the motorhome, how things go with you and Jill and all the places you are going to go. Great story as always!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
"They were two lifelong friends of my older sisters, whose husband passed away."

Did 'you' have more than one older sister, and they shared a single husband?

If it was AN older sister then it should have been -

"They were two lifelong friends of my older sister's, whose husband passed away." showing possession by the older sister, rather than plurality of sister!

Or was it the husband of the two lifelong friends who passed away?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Basic Grammar

Good tale, as always. However, the next time you and your editor (Linda 2953) get together and reread the sentence beginning "I told my kids about Jill and I ...," you might want to consult any basic English grammar book about the object of a preposition. What if "Jill and..." were not in the phrase? Would you write "I told my kids about I ..."? You're too good a writer for such things, so check it out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Lovely story

Like I said, a lovely story, but I would not expect anything less from you.

I read most of your stories on LIT and am looking forward to a lot more.

Thank you.

drmrbludrmrbluabout 10 years ago
age is way overrated

just putting in two cents worth. This story is inspiring in ways, for some of the readers, myself anyway. My history doesn't include anything so special as this episode, mine's just mundane history. Some of the forethought of this story's main character are even missing for me. Probably have to work the rest of life just to obtain necessities, and be most thankful for even having work at this life stage. It would be a great dream to keep focused on though, someone to share life's little pleasures with. Don't get me wrong, pets are nice to a point, still something is missing at another level.

Thanks for sharing this story, these are the ones that make this place worth visiting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Good story.

Entertaining and heart warming. I can just see the two of them plowing around the country in a big old Winnebago. Maybe you could add a chapter about their adventures? Should make for interesting tales.

Chimo1961Chimo1961about 10 years ago
Great story

This story brought a tear to my eye, as I recalled a few moments of my life. So many roads left to travel. I'm very grateful to you story-tellers, even if you upset some grammar Nazi's. The beauty is in the message, not the punctuation. This is a free site, so enjoy what they write, and offer constructive critisism. Maybe they will write more free stories.

oldergentleman69oldergentleman69about 10 years ago
That was one of the best stories I've read!

I'm at that age, and every day is special! Thank you for that!

DearfieldDearfieldabout 10 years ago
loved it

I am the same age as jerry i see her on fb and i remember those moments in time

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Good Read****

Are we going to be treated to traveling stories?? lol Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wow

A good one. My wife (of 48 years) and I have just bought our motorhome. Can hardly wait to go. Thank you DG

Denham_ForrestDenham_Forrestabout 10 years ago
Nice one, my friend!

You took us somewhere that many of us might be going one day. I really have enjoyed reading it.

As you are no doubt aware by now, I very rarely comment on other folks yarns; I really don’t feel that I’m qualified.

However, if I may, I will hazard a reply comment to the idiot who complained about Grammar.

This is a first person dialogue, mate! i.e. effectively the narrator of the tale is talking to the reader and very few people have/use perfect grammar in their everyday speech. I very much suspect that whomever it is hiding behind that “anonymous” moniker, is either another author jealous because he didn’t create this charming little tale himself; or it is someone incapable of any memorable creative writing whatsoever! DC

DGH, sorry mate; but there comes a time!

northlandernorthlanderabout 10 years ago
A great little Story

DG, Once again you show us that you don't need full blown sexual descriptions to write a romance story. A great job and a reminder to us all that we all have those moments in time.

javadog11javadog11about 10 years ago
Very enjoyable story

This was not only a fun story to read it also lets all of us have a moment in time. Thank you for good read.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
INTO EACH OF LIFES SOME RAIN MUST FALL

but Thank God there are enough rainbows to come around, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Excellent

Extremely few authors tackle Senior romance or the problems Seniors face after the death of a life long spouse. Thank you for this story.

harristharristabout 10 years ago
Nice story

Very nice story, and totally believable. While it may or may not be a "true" story, it definitely does not require any imagination stretching to see it as real. Thank you

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Nice

Great little tale. That moment in time turned out to be a future.

Excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good one

I have read most of your stories. This was excellent. I know many come here to read erotica, but I prefer the type I just read. I have you listed as a favorite author.. More please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

VERY GOOD STORY ABOUT TIME A REAL LIFE STORY NOT ONR OF THE BULL SHIT STORIES YOU READ ON LITEROTICA ABOUT TIME THANKS .

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 6 years ago
Wow wonderful story

This was special. Love isn’t reserved for the young. Loved this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
older people

lost my wife in 3/31/2011 still miss her & talk to her. know that this is just a story . still wear my wedding ring. she like to travel but i didn't & to this day I regret that .long before we were married i drove long distanace over the rode from ocean to ocean & the gulf to the Canadian border

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
travel

I drove east to west & north to south. my late wife love to travel but I didn't . after she passed at the young age of 67 I deeply regret it .would give anything if I could go back & do over .

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 5 years ago
facebood , twitter ?????????????????????????????????????

is the controlers of this site going far left with the idiot democruds

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Stick to enjoying the stories

Flarebel, be careful when chucking rocks when your white house is full of glass windows !

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 5 years ago
A good autumn story

This story takes back to when I was 14 and my 18 year old sister had a party. I had a crush on one of her friends. At that party I danced with this friend numerous times. Really brings back memories. I liked this story.

OldmanfromlibanonOldmanfromlibanonabout 4 years ago
Great writing!

Your tale brought back many memories, I really enjoyed it.

It's pretty sad to see negative comments, particularly from any anonymous readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Awww....

you can't beat a happy ending .....

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I had read some of your stories a few years ago, now rediscovering them. Not sure if your still out there but I hope so - even if you don't post more. Getting older, this is easy to relate to, thank you for the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Your stories

Been reading your stories and I’ve been enjoying them quite a bit I haven’t looked at the time frames I still hope you’re right

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 3 years ago

It was ok, not particularly exciting or surprising, but a nice tale about normal people doing their best after becoming widowed.

What I thought was stupid was the list of similar stories. I have read all of them and none are anything at all like this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A good story doesn't need gymnastic sex or cheating spouses. In this case two people have a chance at a new 'moment in time'. Thank you for your tale!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

GREAT !

THANK YOU !

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

LIked it - especially the feelgood factor

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

You really are a good writer and storyteller. This was a lovely story. 5 stars

afosi2604afosi2604about 1 year ago

Another enjoyable, well written story with a positive uplifting result. 5*

Anita71Anita7110 months ago

A really sweet everyday story about two lonely people.

I like that, thanks

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Waiting for the next chapter in their lives.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A month between home visits is too short. My wife and I traveled for 2 months before we went home. 🏠

Halcyon days.

Bill S.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5712 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories