All Comments on 'Gaea's Embrace'

by catdragon

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 8 years ago
Seriously, consider an editor...

While the idea wasn't bad, I eventually found myself playing more attention to the grammar, spelling, and word choice mistakes...

And really, unless you were either planning on writing more parts to the story of intentionally leaving us hanging, the ending doesn't work...

It's like you're saying, "Hey, Aaron, I don't plan on seeing you again but I love you and bye."

sviedsviedabout 7 years ago
Agree about the ending

OK, and the editor. But if the story is good enough I'm willing to forgive a lot.

I do think that this story deserves, neigh, needs at least a short epilogue or something explaining what their relationship is going to be from then on. Unless of course she's claimed as hers and her lover and will forever taunt him in the wind and such... Yeah potentially sweet and cute but in context of the site posted and steamy love seen and everything else it's kind of a real let down. Like is he going to be single from now on pining after the deity of his planet? Never embracing her again?

Anyway, really good stuff other than the aforementioned. Kudos.

DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I normally am not too disturbed by misspellings or

incorrect grammar, but when a reader is forced to read a sentence 2-3 times, in order to determine what the writer MEANT to write, before they can continue, the situation becomes a bit untenable.

Then, as you read a sentence or two further, and realize you have guessed wrong; the mispellings or incorrect grammar become a barrier to the reading.

This was not ready for submission for two reason. The obvious being the above mentioned issue.

The other reason is it's incompleteness; it felt like something one would find in a writer's journal, a thought, or plot exercise. A burst of creativity best put down in writing, to prevent it slipping away.

As the basis for a story, it has merit, but I suspect the writer didn't know where to take the story, or how to complete the story arc.

I just finished 'Purrfect Specimen', and had the same experience; not as severe in the nuts & bolts, spelling & grammar case, but just as abrupt an ending, with no resolution to the tale.

You have talent, and a good imagination, but without the drive, (or training in the importance of a completed story arc, a writing classes would impart/demand), you will struggle to make the progression from writer to author.

Both of these were earlier works, unfortunately, I'm just not up for reading a BDSM story to see if you have progressed in the time span between the submissions, and the BDSM story is the only recent submission.

It's too bad.

regards,

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Really?

So many spelling issues that toward the end it became painful to review. I want stories to get me off and not annoying guessing games that bring me no where fast.

The only useful advise I can give you is lay off the pot you California deviant!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercatdragon@catdragon
107 Followers
A writer for a long time, I love to create stories that project feelings. Not sure if that really makes sense to someone who isn't a writer. :) Anyhow, I love to create. And if you have any comment about any of my stories, feel free to drop me a line. And if you just w...