All Comments on '40 - Papa was a Rodeo'

by 40DayDream

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43over 10 years ago

For all of your self described short comings as a writer, I loved this story. Yeah, I am a sucker for a story about a man saving a down and out woman, so sue me. Yes, it could have been longer and I would have enjoyed it more simply because it would have taken longer to read it. Nice characters, some good one sided dialog and a great ending. Five stars.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

One question though what does the title have to do with the story?

40DayDream40DayDreamover 10 years agoAuthor
The title (and its meaning)

I don't think I explained it in the intro of this one, but my numbered stories are inspired by the Magnetic Fields' incredible album, 69 Love Songs. Each story is inspired (some more than others, although none of them too closely) by the song it's named after.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
Good Story

The girl had a hard life SO she was always subject to rape and even may have expected it at some point. Not that it would be easy to deal with, but it would be much easier for her than someone who never expected that to happen and lived with very little stress...the girls BIG surprise was being with someone who really cared. THAT probably affected her more profoundly than the rape.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hard to stop reading

Once i get started i can't stop!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

The story was fine, but your epilogue, particularly your having written “I have mixed feelings because I am most drawn to stories about broken people (for a variety of reasons). However, I am sometimes concerned that it trivializes very serious things that real people deal with,” made it worth five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I liked this story, and think I probably would like you if I ever had the pleasure of lying you and getting to know you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good

Good job well told!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your stories make me smile and I feel happy after reading them. Thanks, keep writing!

01Timber6701Timber673 months ago

Know exactly where cache valley is and where USU is located in the city,, prior Cache Valley resident here

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous