A Bittersweet Love Story?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eve looked at the gun and it hit her [no, not what you're thinking]. Anger. Anger at a level she never knew existed. Anger and hatred. This son of a bitch had just said that he was going to kill the man that she loved. There was no way she was going to let that happen. Jonathan was the man she planned to spend the rest of her life with.

Jonathan was thinking fast. He was sure he could get to this little fucker before he could pull the trigger. And even if he did, he was unlikely to hit anything. Just a moment longer and then....

Inside her body, Eve's adrenal gland did its thing...she sprang into action. First, she shoved Jonathan to the side as hard as she could.

The sudden movement startled Elroy and the gun went off. Jonathan went down and to his right. Eve figured he was getting out of the way of Elroy's next shot. Eve wasn't worried about herself. Elroy wanted to rape her, not kill her. She leapt at him, covering the ten feet in no time at all. Her left fist flew at her target with all the speed and power her adrenaline-fueled body could produce. Her blow aimed at the end of Elroy's chin...but in her haste and anger, she missed.

Her little fist struck Elroy's adam's apple, with a muffled 'popping' sound. The blow even knocked him back a couple of steps. The surprise on his face was soon replaced by confusion and then by fear. He dropped the pistol, bringing his hands to his throat. Eve did not understand why it seemed that Elroy was suddenly...inexplicably unable to breathe. She heard the sound of running feet and the voice of a woman from an upstairs window yelling that she had called the cops and they were on their way.

Elroy Lee Johnson didn't know, couldn't know that he was already dead. He was more terrified than he had ever been. Unknown to him, the little black girl had just crushed his larynx, sealing the air passage to his lungs. He was simply unable to draw air into his lungs. His vision was starting to darken. In short, as previously mentioned he was dead. He just lacked the good manners to fall down and expire...finally; he dropped to the ground and began to do just that.

The sound of running feet drew closer as Eve bent to pick up the gun that Elroy dropped and then she'd check on Jonathan. Just then, a huge black fist impacted the side of her face sending her into blackness....

*************************************

Eve came around in the back of an ambulance. She was strapped onto a gurney with an IV dripping. A police officer sat on the bench seat next to her, scribbling in his notebook. She reached out and tapped his knee.

"Oh! You're wake...finally. How's our little heroine?" She raised her eyebrow in confusion. The cop smiled. "The asshole you killed was a serial rapist. Somehow, you smashed the son of a bitch's throat...deader than yesterday's hamburger. We arrested another guy, but one still got way."

Where was Jonathan? She was almost afraid to ask, but she did not know why. Her mouth felt dryer than the Mojave. "J...Jon...Jonathan?"

The cops' eyebrows shot...he went back a few pages in his notebook, "Ah...here it is...Jonathan Q. Doe. He was with you? Did you know him?

An icy cold fist crushed her heart. Oh my God...No! Her suddenly panicked mind screamed at her. Eve had found her perfect match...the man of her dreams...and now.... The cop had asked her, Did you know not, Do you know. That meant...that meant...that meant that.... As the realization hit her. Eve fainted.

***************************************

Epilog:

April 27, 2013: Eve's apartment.

It was 3:30am. Eve awoke to her son's crying. She seemed to be always in a good mood to tend to his needs She took care of the obligatory diaper duties, pealed off her night grown and took the baby into her arms...breast feeding was so much nicer...and easier. Looking down at little Jonathan Q. Doe II, she felt a closer connection to the baby's father. The baby looked like his father, albeit with slightly darker skin.

Jonathan was gone a year and if anything, Eve's love for him was even stronger. A year later and she was still glad that she'd been the one to kill the murderer of her son's father. She was alone now...except for the baby, but not forever. Eve would find love again. She knew Jonathan would have insisted. But for now....

Eve regarded her pregnancy as a miracle. She had been on the pill and the 'so called' experts said it was 99% affective...Eve's opinion? Thank God for that 1%! When she learned that she was pregnant, she was so incredibly overjoyed, she wept in sadness...and joy. She would keep the child, of course. It would be a product of Jonathan's and her love.

Later in the day, her dearest friends would be over. Casey and Karrie were now married and expecting their first child in the summer.

Eve went back to bed, taking the baby with her and cried herself to sleep again. Jonathan was gone, but at least he'd left something of himself for Eve to love.

The End.

Again...no apologies. It is my hope that you enjoyed this story regardless of its end. I don't expect this story to do well. Also...I will admit that the rape thing is more than a little far-fetched...hey, it's just a story.

As usual, please feel free to comment...anything constructive. However, abusive comments and 'cheap shots' will be deleted.

And for those of you who didn't know, the quote at the beginning by Michael Lee Aday who is among my favorite singers is better known as Meat Loaf.

DS