A Conspiracy to Deceive

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

More rubbing of the hands in a nervous fashion. "What makes you think that Carol would be agreeable with a pre-planned affair that she had no vote in deciding? Why would she not believe that there was a conspiracy by you and I to have her open herself up to another man?" Barry was very nervous as he tried to put into words the deep emotions that he was feeling about a multi-partner arrangement in his marriage.

"I just don't see how either Carol or I could come to accept that form of martial relationship."

"I may have jumped the gun on presenting you with the initial suggestion and information on a polyamory relationship for you and Carol. It appeared to me that you were progressing nicely with your therapy and I thought that opening up some new possibilities and ideas might just lead you and Carol to a long-term solution." He shook his head and continued to speak.

"Now I wish that I had waited a little longer for introducing you to a pluralistic marriage concept. And, I should have also waited a couple more weeks before having that photo session with Carol. I misjudged how far along the two of you were in the therapy progression. I apologize for that."

Barry just sat there in silence for a long time. The room was very quiet as both men were mentally reviewing their thoughts and feelings.

"But, you still think that the ultimate solution for Carol's total fulfillment as a woman will only come when she is free to move back and forth between her two mental states. Is that correct?" Barry was still grouping for some concrete answers.

"Yes Barry, that's what I think the solution may be for you and Carol." Jack replied without elaborating on his answer.

"And so, that means that she needs to have two lovers, each of whom would address one of those mental states that Carol would flip-flop into. Is that correct?"

"Again Barry, the answer as I see it is, yes. One male couldn't perform both roles satisfactorily. Something would suffer in the attempt." Jack leaned back in his chair.

Barry got up from his chair and began to pace back and forth. He stopped, looked at Jack and then cleared his throat. "Ok, let's say that we do establish a polyamory relationship. There are three of us in the relationship. Carol is now a completely fulfilled woman. She has a loving and caring husband, me. And she also has a dominant lover, to be named at a later date." ... Pause ... "So, what do I do when Carol is not available for me? Do I just sit back and sulk until I get my turn to be a loving husband again?" There was a ton of sarcasm in Barry's voice as he glared at Jack.

"Who says the relationship has to be a troika? Polyamory means many loves, or lovers if you prefer. If Carol's new lover is to be named at a later date, why not a female lover for yourself, to be named at a later date?" Jack said in a quiet mannered voice.

"I'm not a cheating son-of-a-bitch!" Barry barked back as if offended by Jack's suggestion.

"Who said anything about cheating? Remember that a polyamory relationship is one where everyone involved knows about, and agrees to, everyone else's involvement. If you were to chose a female lover to fill the empty time when Carol is with her other lover, and everyone in the relationships is aware of each other, then it is not cheating." Quoting words from the book he gave Barry to read.

"Damn Jack! You sure know how to fuck up a guy's thinking. I'm having enough trouble with just one woman in my life, and you suggest adding another one just for the fun of it!" Barry was standing still, shaking his head in disbelief. He couldn't get his mind wrapped around any of the polyamory concept in his life. Too complicated, too filled with land-mines and booby-traps to even consider.

Finally, Barry nodded his head as if he were agreeing with himself. A grim look came over his face as he said. "Well, Jack. As unresolved as most of this crisis is for me, I don't think that Carol or I are going to find the proper solution here with you. I want to thank you for the interest you have shown in trying to help us work out this difficult problems."

Barry clasped his hands and shrugged his shoulders. "But, I think that Carol and I need to go off by ourselves and try to better understand who we are and what we really want in our marriage. It seems that at this point, wherever we are at, the therapy sessions aren't going to give us any concrete answers. Its just time for us to end them."

Jack got up from his chair. This was it! This was going to be the final break in the one opportunity for him to demonstrate to the psychiatric world that PTH is a real mental disorder! All seemed lost to him at this moment.

"Barry, I would really ask you to reconsider this decision. I know the past week did not come off the way that it should have, my fault. But, that's no reason to just chuck the whole idea of continuing therapy for you and Carol." There was almost a hint of pleading in Jack's voice.

"I'm sorry, Jack. But, there needs to be some quiet time for Carol and me to contemplate the state of our lives and our marriage. We moved directly from her affair into the therapy sessions with you. I thought that would be a good idea at the time. Maybe I was wrong." Barry said as he made a slow movement toward the door.

Jack stood dumbfounded. His validation plan was walking out the door and there was nothing that he could do about it.

"I'll keep in touch, Jack. Maybe, who knows, just maybe after some time and distance, Carol and I may feel the need to come visit you again."

"Please do that, Barry. I will be very interested in knowing how your marital crisis finally resolves itself." What else could he say. Begging was out of the question, and it probably wouldn't work anyway.

"Bye Jack." Barry said as he exited the room.

Jack just stood there, frozen in place. The weight of the world had just collapsed on top of him.

The ride home wasn't any better for Barry. The only thing that changed for him was the ending of the therapy sessions. Did he make the right decision about ending the sessions? Would he and Carol be able to reconstruct their marriage without outside help? So far, the initial steps that they had taken together seem to be leading in the right direction.

Their sex life and their marriage bond seem to be much improved. In some ways they are better than before the crisis entered their marriage.

Tonight, he and Carol would have to map out a step by step plan, on how to continue moving forward. But, would the lurking specter of a PTR relapse continue to haunt their relationship?

"Time and patience will give us that answer!" Barry thought to himself as his car entered the freeway.

To be continued...

For those readers interested in learning more about Polyamory, please read the excellent article, "What is Polyamory" written by darkgoddess2478 and submitted to Literotica 02-12-05 under Reviews and Essays.

Without any major interruption, the next Section III should be finished very soon. I think that there will also be a Section IV. Barry and Carol keep requesting that I add more to their story. There may be a veiled threat in their "request".

Thank you for your patience. I hope you enjoyed reading my very long stories.

1...345678