A Dangerous Legacy Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He smiled at that almost dreamily then shook his head. "Follow me." He took us out the door onto the beach. It was largely empty as everyone seemed to be at lunch, but close to the main building were several tables with umbrellas, then a row of chaise lounges with umbrellas, another without, and then towels here and there on the beach.

Down the coast the beach flared out to rim a giant green hill. The humid air felt like a warm velvet caress and the smell of ocean and coconut suntan lotion filled the air. On the way to the large hill there were little shacks on stilts above the water, something I had only ever seen in magazines.

"The volcano is dormant, and there is enough magic here we need not worry if that ever changes. It does provide several natural hot springs in the jungle interior, and magic has gotten rid of any poisonous creatures," Charles said. "This side of the resort is the private beach, no concessions here, just bungalows."

I gawked as we walked and Diego tried to comprehend sand. There was an awning spanning the length of the beach attached to the resort providing shade on sand to walk on, and Diego was glad for it. Thank god I'd used magic to make myself graceful, fuck-me-pumps were tough in the sand.

"The other side has restaurants, the public hot tubs, the pool, tennis courts, and all the game stages."

"Game stages?" I asked our guide.

"We have nightly entertainment." The way he said it implied a wealth of emotion: fear, eroticism, dread, and resignation. It was a most curious mix, but I was overloaded with information already.

"I shudder to imagine it."

Charles switched to droning on about the history of the island back to the centuries before I thought it possible people could settle such a place. We passed several small piers with bungalows on the end and came to the last, shaded slightly by the volcano.

It was huge, looking like a four bedroom house. We followed Charles up the pier and inside.

The first story was an open floor plan, a large living room with couches, stuffed pillows, a giant entertainment center I knew made Pierre smile, a dining area, and a full open kitchen. There was a deck with four chairs and an opening for a ladder to the water, the French doors open to it.

"The second floor is the bedroom, private gym, office, and bathroom. The office can be used as a second bedroom if needed. There's a door at the top of the stairs so the second floor and attic are air conditioned all the time and a balcony. The attic is designed to house familiars and is perfect for Diego. It also has a larger deck with an oversized hammock if you wish to sleep out of doors in the open air

"Your bags will be along shortly. Room service begins at one, but I can have something delivered since we're so close to that time."

"Thank you, Chuck. That would be great. I'm not picky, whatever you would recommend."

He raised an eyebrow but gave a small shrug. "Do you need anything else?"

"One thin. I can't help but notice you have armbands, as did Annabelle, and many other wolves, but not all. Why?"

He looked down at his. "It marks that we are not pack. If you pardon the expression, it means we're anybody's meat. Pack wolves bear no such sign so they are protected." At my quizzical look he expounded. "That way if a loose wolf loses his armband he has the protection of a pack wolf and will not suffer undue abuse."

That made damn good sense, I thought, the first thing on this island that did. "Interesting, and smart. Thank you, that'll be all. Er, do I tip you?"

"No, Mistress." He smiled. "No tips, no cash here on Thunder Island. Money means little to creatures of magic."

"Thank you then."

I waited until he'd left then sat on one of the stools at the counter that separated the kitchen from the great room. I pulled out the box and summoned another pair of bowls and kibble for Diego. Pouring in bottled water I leaned down and set them in front of my beloved pet before unclipping his leash.

"So. What does it mean to be Sigrid's heir?"

They glanced at one another for a long moment, and Pierre's expression nearly broke my heart. He seemed lost and wounded, Julian seemed almost angry, and Andre was cautious.

The alpha stepped forward. "Forgive us for not telling you. We had- I had hoped Alessandra would fill you in, but she left it to us. We're simply not equipped. Wolves and witches are bonded, but we do not know all of your world, nor does any witch know ours. By bringing you here we knew you would learn everything you need to know."

"So you decided not to prepare me? To just spring it on me?"

Diego heard the cold edge of my tone and laid his head down with a whine.

"I'm sorry, Anna," Pierre said. "We didn't know any other way."

I glanced at all their eyes. "Just tell me what it means."

His hazel eyes serious, Andre took a deep breath. "You are directly descended from the very first witch. Your line is the oldest, the most powerful."

I laughed and Julian looked away, jaw working. "All right, so what? I'm still a noob, I can't even do any real magic yet."

Pierre, lost, whispered, "In the world of witches, you are a princess."

This was too much. If I had known of this, any of this, I might not have ever agreed to the tests. I just wanted a quiet stable life, love and laughter, never going hungry or cold, was that so much to ask? All these secrets were choking me, and my anger boiled over.

"Let me guess. You didn't tell me because you didn't trust me. Even after all our time together you're still afraid I'm going to suddenly wake up and become a stuck-up asshole like the rest of the witches."

At three guilty looks I snorted. "Keep an eye on Diego for me."

"Where are you going?" Julian asked, moving to block the door.

"I am perfectly safe on a hidden island filled with witches, and I want some time alone now. If I stay I'm going to lose my temper and do a lot of shouting. I'd prefer to go calm down somewhere else. I'm having my lunch elsewhere. I'll be back after."

At my promise he stood aside. I ruffled Diego's fur and grabbed my box, then stepped back out into the humid sun-drenched air. I needed time alone and as I walked I used the box to summon a small purse. Once I had it I put the box in and slung it across my chest, walking back to the hotel.

Great. I hadn't asked for this, and at first it all seemed wonderful. Become beautiful, become rich. Oh, then three magnificent lovers? Then learn to use magic any time I wanted? Of course it sounded wonderful on paper.

Then I learned I was suddenly a member of a race supposedly at war. Also, everyone else of my race was a total asshole. And I was unknowingly apparently someone of import. Now I discovered my lovers didn't trust me. Funny, I trusted them implicitly, and it felt like a mistake.

I knew they had all had hard lives, but so had I. Ten years ago I could never have trusted anyone, and the ten years since certainly gave me no reason to. No, only love did that. Damn it, they hadn't trusted me because they had doubted the strength of my love. Knowing that now could only make me doubt the strength of theirs.