All Comments on 'A Day in a Life'

by Robin P

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good writing

Not kean on the stream of female cum. Tis fiction to me, but all in all, good story scenario, well written. Keep it up

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Very untypical cheating story

I could not disagree more with previous poster. The theme does not predicate the treatment that the author chooses for his/her story. This is anything but your typical cheating story.

1. If you judge by the quality of the writing I am at awe. This level of richness of expression; subtlety of observations; flow of inner monolog are simply unparalleled here. The style reminded me of Guy De Maupassant (gone erotic), where simple observations of simple people set the stage for dramatic shifts where in one day lives could be ruined or saved (sometimes its ambiguous which it is). And there is the same quality of a unique magic of the moment.

2. The other reason it’s not your typical cheating story is the superb work which is done to build the character of this woman. We know a lot about her. I can say I understand (do not justify) WHY she did what she did. How typical is that one?

3. Related, but not identical to the previous point, the characters are credible. You believe that they could behave the way they do.

4. The narrator keep distance from the main character. It goes beyond the grammatical third vs. first person (the latter being the typical). When the narrator tells you that she feels no remorse, you can take it in more than one direction. The responsibility of endorsing her behavior or not at each segment remains on us, the readers.

5. The last point is more subtle. As I mentioned earlier in the context of the style, there is a feeling of an “exceptional reality”; Not a dream but some thing so unique that it almost curves its own niche in ones life as “beyond one ever reaching again”. I am not referring to her job. But while the encounter with Frank probably will lead to many changes (hopefully), it is most unlikely to be replicated. The semi surreal qualities of the encounter (it’s even described in terms of her dream) are in my mind one more unique feature which distinguishes this story from the rest.

the Troubadorthe Troubadorover 17 years ago
What a soulless bitch

Me! Me! Me! That's all this female can do. Poor little me. She doesn't deserve her kids and certainly not her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
ah, lovely mother and wife!

such a generous mother and wife, giving so much love and contentment to all those she desires!, including her beloved husband, too, of course! lol

win-win for everyone involved!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Good

Gave it a 5. Then I read the rest of your stories. The werewolf one is the best of all, but all are 5's.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
This was a very good story and got me hard and

made me cum. But I have a question for you. Is there a couple in England who are married and who don't cheat and fuck around on each other? If so they are really few and far between. Liked the story but she should have let him cum in her. It would have gotten her off even more. And, why not give her phone number to him so he could call her when he comes back into town again if he was so damn good. And her husband who is out there working to support the family////// what of him? Time will tell you have to do another chapter. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Ripper Of Unbelievable Change

If a bored mother and wife needs change then her husband should be informed of her stand that could result in divorce. Instead she blindsides her poor hard working bastard and intends to keep cucking him.

With her Dr. Jekyll 180 degree change to cuckolder without any signal she forfeits any type respect previously due her and starts a new life without her family that she no longer deserves.

Is there no consequence or reality in the isles?

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Quick question

Looking at some postings which contained strong condemnation to the wife’s moral behavior and which had very low rating to the story, made me wonder: Do people rate a story according to their assessment of the QUALITY OF THE MORAL BEHAVIOUR of its main character(s) or according to the over all QUALITY OF THE STORY?

MetzovMetzovover 17 years ago
KOLKORE

I vote on how much I like the story. I came here to read. I'm not really qualified to grade his writing skill and wouldn't want to if I were. If I hate a story (and it's hard to like a story when it's based on a woman that I can't stand) then It's going to get a 1. If he wants to work on his skills then he'd be better off taking a class. If he wants to learn to write a story that people want to read and enjoy then he needs to stop worrying so much about how the story was written and more about what (and who) was in it.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Rating by morality is stupid censorship

I rate stories based on their literary quality, not whether they violate some arbitrary moral code. If an author writes poorly (no plot, crummy dialog, bad characterization, unbelievable scenarios), I give them a poor mark. When the writing is good, I grade accordingly. I like my smut literate. If I want trash, I'll go to the city landfill.

I liked this story as the characters in it felt real and the situation believable. There's not a lot of plot to the tale but the vignettes are nicely tied together.

Excellent fiction this is. This 75's for you, Robin P, for a story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Another slut is born

In loving wifes it si seldom one is found. This one is definately not. Am very tired of women who use men until they are ready for something else and take no responsibility for their own lives or how they endanger the lives of their families.

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
Whore!

Very erotic slut story. Very scarey. There's probably sluts out there just like that married to poor unsuspecting wimps. What a whore, glad she's not my wife.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
To Metzov: On dogs; humans and their context

In your somewhat over the top second posting, you respond to a point which I never made. I never said that somehow the quality of the description of any particular character/object makes it worthy, regardless how deplorable/disgusting that person/object is. Quite the contrary. It’s in the context of the whole story that the significance of anything is judged. Let’s say a description of your dog’s puke could indeed make for a disgusting posting I would never want to read. On the other hand, in a story it could be mentioned that a dog which as the only friend of a lonely man have puked. The owner who knows the dog better than himself recognizes that the dog is sick and may die. Conclusion: It’s all in the context my friend.

Another point you were making was that if the author was a better writer then maybe depicting this kind of characters would not have made you upset – with all due respect, I don’t buy it. It could be that your standards of reading stories are higher than mine but I found this author unusually talented –as a writer. Generally, I found that the outrage comes in direct correlation with presenting an immoral behavior, especially when the character does not feel remorse about the behavior (note, the character –not the narrator or the author). Suffice it to say that the canonic literature is filled with weak; sinful; even deplorable characters. Remove them from the libraries and you empty the majority of the books.

BTW,If you have an intersting story about dogs(or their owners),I'd love to read it...

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Betrayal has many faces

Regarding both your reaction Metzov, but also others, I agree that if the only or the strongest sentiment is the hate for one character, probably that piece would not do well (although some people love to hate and search for their own needs the literature that provides that need). I also think that the niche of Loving wives in Literotica may not be the most responsive to exploring human vulnerabilities or weakness (unless its through a good revenge plan).I would not advise the author to so market feasibility based on the reactions in any one section in Lit.

I, for one did not come out of this story ‘hating’ the wife. I did not get the impression that she was such a deplorable person. Flawed –yes. But not the terrible person you would think she is by reading the reactions here. Don’t get me wrong. I condemn cheating as one of the worst forms of lying and betrayal of trust. But people do it. Moreover, people do worse things than that. Should stories be only about people who never cheat; never lie to their spouses; never betray their friends; never being dishonest to their employer or their employees? I guess, that would leave only angels. I also remember that the wife tried, repeatedly to communicate with her husband – but he would just leave the room. Interestingly, that was not mentioned in any comment. I can imagine how eroding that could be, if you have to repeatedly try to communicate with a non responsive spouse.

I’d say that there are many ways of leaving (or cheating) the marriage. You can be physically in the house but having zero involvement with your surrounding, and refusing to change . But to your neighbors you keep appearances. You are squeaky clean. Again, there is no justification to cheating. But seeing that we do not write about angels I could say that I could understand what lead her to do the mistake of getting into this one time liaison which she did not initiate.

BTW, I feel that the husband is equally flawed as the wife. Unlike the wife he has been consistently –over time - ignoring her which is against the commitments of the marriage, and amounts to emotional neglect and cruelty. Dare I stir the ire of the carriers of the marriage values banner by asking where they were when it came to the husband? Maybe a bit of a self serving biased prism here?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Fragments?

The sentence structure varies from poor to non-existent. When does one use a semicolon? What is its purpose? Writing a disjointed, almost unreadable story does not make one artistic. This story was not well written. It was far from it! Dialogue requires some effort. Forget the semicolon, reduce the commas, and allow some flow, please!

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
You use semi-colons when...

Anonymous asks "When does one use a semicolon?"

Sparingly but it does have proper uses. President Kennedy's well-known quote is a good example: "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

Authors should generally use semi-colons to present closely-linked ideas that should be expressed together in one sentence instead of two distinct sentences. There is, of course, no hard and fast rule about semi-colons. As my editor has told me, "You'll know it's right when your brain tells you it's right. Until then, leave the semi-colons at home."

End of today's lesson in proper grammar.

Robin PRobin Pover 17 years agoAuthor
Authors comment

Rarely has any of my attempts at entertainment evoked such a response or topic of argument.

The heroine in this story, was at such a place in her life, where she either breaks out, or stagnates for the remaining years she has left. She had tried on several occasions to talk to her husband who's reaction was to blank the subject entirely.

Human nature dictates that we make choices, in this case, her choices were; dwindle into nothingness or make a life outside of the marital home.

The brief liaison, coming at a time when her life was on the cusp of radical change, could be considered pure chance really. His arrival comes at a time when her defenses are down and is out of character. Certainly, she had not gone out with the intention.

None of us are that secure that the chance of stepping into a liaison is completely out of the realms of possibility. Indeed, at a low point in my life, it happened to me and I was the most surprised.

I walked away from a thirty year marriage that had been loving and secure, but circumstances outside of the marriage changed, causing a fundemental alteration to my usual equilibrium. It was at that time I met a woman who just managed to get under the defenses and took my breath away. I am pleased to say that it is all resolved now and not something I am proud of, but the fact remains, we are all vulnerable at some point in our life.

Was that being the male equivelent of a slut? Or, was it the product of circumstance?

Many thanks for all of your comments both fore and agin. I have deleted one or two who were extremely rude and could not be bothered to attach their name. I have no regard for those, but anyone who does post their name with whatever comment will stay and be included in these thanks.

Robin.

MetzovMetzovover 17 years ago
Really I didn't hate the wife.

I hated what she did, But by the end of the story I could have cared less about her one way or the other, I thought if I knew more about him I might have felt some pity for the husband. When I finish a story and find it left me feeling almost nothing for anyone in it then it's going to get a 1.

I see you have a different take on the wife then I have KORKORE. You seem to see a woman that has tried to communicate with a husband that won't listen and that led to a breakdown in the marriage that in turn led to her straying.

I see a self martyred woman that only cares for herself. The story starts with her husband missing her signal (a squeeze on his arm? What's that mean) then gos on to her lazy kids. If she keeps going back to wake her son up why should he get up when she first calls him, And why wouldn't the kids leave a mess if she lets them get away with it?

KORKORE you said she had tried to communicate repeatedly with her husband only to have him turn and walk away. I have a different take. What I read said he walked not when they were talking. Not when they were communicating, But when they were fighting about her wanting her own money (just how many tickets did she get to make this such a problem and why is it so hard for her to park legally?). From what I've read of her when she gets a job and starts to earn money of her own it will be just that. Money of her own while her husbands earnings will be "our money". I didn't see anything in the story about her husband having his own money that she doesnt know how he's spending. If that's the case he would be in the wrong and I would have thought the author would have had her point it out.

Then we get to a real telling part of the story for me. When her friend she considered more like a sister calls to say she can't make it because something has come up at the last minute is she understanding? Is she concerned that her friend may have a problem? Nope not a thought for her friend. Just more poor me no one thinks about my feelings.

When we get to the cheating I could go on for a long time about her lack of any feelings for anyone but herself, But by then I really didn't care if she was found out or contracted a STD or nothing happened to her. I might have cared about her family if the author had spent any time on them.

Finally I'd like to point out that she didn't want to get a job to try to grow and become a better person that she could share with her family. Her reasons were to make her own money that she wouldn't have to account for and separate herself from her family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I Agree With You METZOV

A 100 for wordsmithing ability and a minus 75 for content.

It isn't a moral position. It is a reaction to her selfishness and disrespect for her family and particularly the writers choice to have her walk away unscathed with coy intention to play again - rather than talk or divorce the uninformed rube.

These wifely stories are usually based on the large percentage of life so we can relate to them. Some are so absurd they greatly intend to offend. In either case if there is no respect or self respect or consequence the story isn't reflective of life's normality which was the foundation for the story.

Here there is no meaningful penalty for a writers non-acceptance as even comments can be deleted or not allowed. So in a sense this is a false arena and a misleading one to base comparison with or whether to go forth into the publishing world where the profit of acceptance drives sales and continuance.

Here a writer may strive for "H"s or general appreciation but some only wish to aggravate or stir excitement not arousal's and the "0"s piled up 1 upon all like others doesn't diminish their prolific ardor or increase their want to improve either their abilities or customer [reader]acceptance.

In a word, there is no more misleading theme than Loving Wives. It can start one way and convolute or morph into the weird or freaky then come back to earthlike reality or not. This leaves semi-normal readers here for fair arousal, consequence or entertainment in a quandary. Not say anything which is quiet approval or voiceword their feelings for writer consumption. Each is free speech and can be useful or not.

Comments can be the quiet currancy of approval for the writers ability and content but not just exclusively one or the other.

Enough

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I'm amazed!

at the people that consider this well written.

For example:

- Numerous misuse of punctuation - especially the overuse and random placement of semicolons

- the guideline for paragraphs for online reading is no more than eight lines

- misuse of quotation marks

- way too many run on sentences

- single quotes should only be used within double quotes

- improper format of ellipsis

All of which could be forgiven if the story were interesting.

Hey! Get an editor!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
I would leave him just for his contempt

Here is the Part about Bill: “he always went over the top if she collected a fine. It inevitably led into a row that ended incomplete when he shut down at her mention of some independence, a bank account of her own perhaps, a life that wasn't solely wrapped around him and the kids. Bill couldn't see that Jean needed something else, something that took her away from the house, away from family matters, away from total immersion; he refused to believe she would need to be someone other than Misses Gallaher, house wife; he would refuse to continue the argument as soon as she got into that area, would turn his back or simply walk out of the room.”

IMO it is not difficult to see that both from the POV of the husband who wanted to keep her “in a box”, and in terms of the communication, the wife was put in a very bad place. But the crunch is: “He would refuse to continue the argument as soon as she got into the area…… turn his back or simply walk out of the room “. The latter is the worst. No matter the subject, you don’t show this kind of contempt to someone you love.

Thank you Metzov for indulging me. Thank you author for your participation and hosting a discussion which only online sites like Literotica can provide.

In response to previous comment, when I said that this author writes very well, It was a reference to his ability to tell a story, not to the lack of grammatical mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
any way you try and to fix it up she an adultress

a slutwhore with another man while she was married.it's alway green on the other side to you get there.pity and selfish b/s.one fuck and she give up everything,do hubby a favor go the hell on your way.what husband want a stupid woman for his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Where's Part 2 ???

Well Done. Now, where's part 2 of the story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
A very immature and very shallow slut of a woman.

She isnt a mother, nor a wife. She cares little for her family or for her husband. Truth be told it appears she cares little for herself having sex in a hotel with no one knowing with a stranger. She doesnt have a physical safety net, nor medical knowledge. To put it quite bluntly she is a low class slut with no morals, ethics, nor brains. Best thing she could do is run off and file for divorce from her husband and allow her family to lead a more normal life without her. One could be sure with a real man who works for his family, she would be thrown out of the house once he knows what she really feels for him and what she really is.

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Fascinated by some of the comments!

In particular, the narrow minded, black & white views that any story in which a wife seeks some satisfaction in her life - which her self-absorbed husband clearly fails to provide - is beneath contempt. I have a feeling that the same 'reviewers' are the ones who gloat with satisfaction when a mistreated husband gets to enjoy himself with a willing substitute partner.

Anyway, the moral issue shouldn't be allowed to interfere with the enjoyment of the story. It's a well-told portrait of dissatisfaction arising from someone taking their partner for granted which, in itself, is a form of abuse. Submit to a life of grinding drudgery, or do 'something' to change it? And the 'something' wasn't that brief interlude in a hotel room - that was only a small part of it. The real 'something' was a determination to take control of her own life rather than continue beneath the thumb of a controlling and uncaring partner.

This was a well-written story (people who attacked the use of semi-colons are simply grammar-nazis because it didn't interrupt the flow in any way whatsoever!) that captured the essence of an ordinary woman trying to bring some meaning and purpose into her life. Extremely enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
What I can't believe is the bullshit comment made by ythebadger

Man, now thats the pot calling the kettle black. You're one of the biggest haters here. You bitch about everybody's writing and you don't write shit. Your the worst kind of commentor, your a pussy.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 11 years ago
Nice

I agree with ythebadger; the story had good sex and was entertaining -- what more is necessary?

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
a pretty clinical description

of the end of a marriage.

I have come away from the story with feelings similar to those she must have had in her life, hollow, empty, and unsatisfied.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hope

Hope the cheating bitch gets caught soon.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Nothing

She plays should be title

Not for me

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Sad.

Her marriage could be fixed with communication and the desire to be a part of one another's lives. I'm betting she loses much more than she gains. Well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Perfect

Incredibly well written. For the “morality” police, a husband who demeans his wife the way that her’s did shouldn’t be surprised if she looks outside of the marriage for someone who appreciates her.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Well written, but in the end she is just another cheating whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I see your stories were 1-bombed. It all comes from one religious retard pretending to be a crowd of hundreds. He posts multiple votes and comments from "Anonymous" or fake bios under the handles

26thNC, Harry inVA, thecarolinadreamer, Lakeeriegoatguy, KittyCampbell, Mattenw, ShadowRosie, WarGamer, Impo_58, Impo_61, Impo_64 etc., also possbly Rw43, Odiouser and Patillie among others.

This person votes multiple 5's to put a mediocre author in hall of fame for his revenge stories cutting off nuts etc., and gushes over these stories with comments like a sissy cuck wannabe. Then he 1-bomb's any good stories that express sexuality or cheating.

You will find repetitive comments from this person across 50% of the writers/stories in the LW category - "idiot", "garbage", "sewer", "fag", "worst writing" etc. - how can they all be the worst stories or worst writing?

In one of the bios and comments this person claims he was cucked twice but I suspect he never had sex with a woman at all and his comments express a lot of anger towards women, calling them garbage cans.

By the way, this person is a Trumpite running the same play book as Trump and his child molester fakes like Matt Gaetz - they claim to represent 90% of the people as a "majority" but it is just one person trying to destroy the world.

You can argue whether Trump is a cheat and a liar, a Russian agent or led a revolt, but one thing for sure: this Trumpite tried to shit all over your story. I would not have characterized myself as a Democratic voter, but for the next couple of elections I will vote against all the Republicans. That's the best way to vote where it makes a difference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks, I really enjoyed this. I love stories where they leave me wanting more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This is a story of a woman who finds the courage and determination to declare she deserves better than her current circumstances. In other words, the MC becomes empowered to address the primary problems in her life. Why not portray her as doing so in a way that demonstrates her self respect and reflects the fact she does, in fact, deserve better?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous