All Comments on 'A Genie for Jake Ch. 01'

by TNWTBOD

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Has amazing potential please continue for the love of god and btw you have a well sculpted writing ability.

jwbailey00jwbailey00almost 11 years ago

Definitely 5 star worthy, can't wait to see where you go from here, keep up the great work.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 11 years ago
We have a winner!

Great start to what looks to be a very fun story. A couple editing errors did annoy me but I try not to let those influence a rating.

The only story point I didn't like was the abandonment. I don't know of any state that would let a child of 10 years live on their own. Jake would have ended up in foster care.

But I expect that this was needed for the later development so I will suspend my disbelief for now.

Thanks for a great read!

lefriclefricalmost 11 years ago
Awesome

I think you might be my new favorite author. Between this and your Zeke Jordan, you've taken the two best story ideas I've had kicking around in my head and written them far better than I ever could. As one other comment said about your Zeke stories, PLEASE don't drop these and leave us hanging - these are two awesome starts!

JonodemboJonodemboalmost 11 years ago
Great.

Love all the genie story's and this looks like a great start to one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
very good

but please dont use the plot from other genie stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I like it.

Edit! Proof read! There were many instances in which a sentence had been changed but the surrounding ones had not. A few small grammatical errors. I love the works you are pulling from and I hope you do wonderful with the rest of this series. Looking forward to the next one.

cylinderlitcylinderlitalmost 11 years ago
Loved it!

The genie chronicles was also the reason I started reading on this site and is still my favorite to this day. I was saddened when it didn't continue but this story is just as good so far (perhaps better). There were a few spelling errors but nothing a reader couldn't understand and not as bad as others. Please continue!

Wildman28Wildman28almost 11 years ago
great start

Keep it up. Lookin forward to the next installment.

x545245121x545245121almost 11 years ago
Great story

I can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another Genie Story

I'm glad I found this story. I also enjoyed "Genie Chronicles" & "Beautiful Wish" but due to the attack of the Anti-Djinn Brigade (which, in my opinion, worked behind the scenes to keep sex genie stories from being brought to any satisfactory conclusions) I am concerned that you may yet fall under the same fate. Thus, I shall remain cautiously optimistic that this will buck the trend and be enjoyable to me; from beginning to END. Please assure us that you do have an ending in mind and that this will be brough to fruition.

As for the story itself, I like how you're acknowledging the works above in the story without trying to force it (as of ch.1) into the Broly-verse. Best of luck and here's to hoping that this one will be able to see the sunset instead of killed in its prime.

disableddandisableddanover 10 years ago
Pretty good....

You could use a bit of help from an editor, but not a whole lot... just a few minor mistakes that don't really detract from the storyline too much. I hope you'll add more chapters in the future.

OnyxShadowOnyxShadowover 10 years ago
Always nice to see more stories with this theme!

I like the writing well overall. As another comment said, having an editor wouldn't hurt, but it wasn't all that distracting. The one thing I would suggest is trying to avoid too much familiar territory. This story references other genie stories which isn't a problem, but also repeating situations could diminish the potential of your own stories.

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 10 years ago
Good one

I like - interested to see what paths you wander down with this tale. As others have pointed out - a little more care with spelling/grammar - editors enjoy getting an early read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed the story, it's fantastic! Keep on writing and I look forward to ch 3

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
aweesome

I love stories on see genies and have read quite a few this one starting to intrigue me more and more keep it up

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Very nice beginning!!! Curious to see how the plot goes...

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Like the story a lot. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fun read and it’s only the beginning.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous