All Comments on 'A Hero's Return Pt. 02'

by callmesparky

Sort by:
  • 160 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Tragic. Too little too late? Still humble pie helps the forgiveness pill. There but for the sake of God, men die?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A little sappy.

MarkT63MarkT638 months ago

I smell a CUCK story in the making...

malchor2517malchor25179 months ago

Yeah, not going to bother reading pt. 3.

Gets busted, goes to lovers house, doesn't communicate except to ask for her BIRTH CONTROL PILLS!?!

And then follows her lover out of state. True remorse there.

Why the fuck would the daughter even call her?!?

Just, blech.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This author clearly does not have sufficient insight or life experience to write competently on this topic. He has a very poor understanding of concepts such as love, commitment and duty.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Look her letter was heartfelt. But so what? The affair was like five months (sexual), 2-3 times a week. That is already beyond the pale. But then she goes back to the asshole predator after the reveal and her confessing what happened. That makes zero sense. And that is not remotely an act of contrition. Yeah she finally figured out the predator was an asshole. So what? After how long. Just completely invalidates any attempt at forgiveness, let alone reconciliation. A multi month affair while he is facing persistent danger overseas in a war, is the height of betrayal. If the author wants to even approach forgiveness or reconciliation, then lighten the betrayal. 5+ months, with some initial guilt, but then thinking she did nothing wrong? Meh that it is absurd. Not saying it doesn't happen. But absurd in the sense of any possible relationship going forward. She made her terrible choice repeatedly. Yeah she laments it miserably now and knows what she lost. But you reap what you sow. And her harvest has turned out rotten.

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

You made her unforgivable in both chapters, even going so far as having her return to the cheater AFTER her confession, and now you want to try and sell the readers a reconciliation? A very bad idea

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yada yada yada

GuSannGuSannover 1 year ago

I hate it.. It should have ended in chapter 1... Cause now, author will make MC get back with her... After all the pain she caused, after he lost a leg, 3 fingers and a ear, she will come to his life as if she never did all those things to him and his daughter... She deserves to suffer! But no! Author just make the good guy suffer a lot more in this horrible and sordid affair! How I wish that every cheater suffers imensity...

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Second time through and this is truly bad

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It seems as though most commentators are reacting to the story as if it were real. It’s not!

In this story it looks like she’s become very remorseful-—for what she did, not just sorrowful at how she hurt herself—and is seeking at least a verbal forgiveness from her husband.

There’s a hymn that goes “I SAW THE LIGHT”. SEEMS LIKE THIS CAN BE APPLID TO HER.

(Don’t ask me how I got a caps Lock on my iPad)

I’m looking forward to the next part no matter which way it goes from here. Great writing!

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story is the exact opposite of what should happen. The cheater is suppose to suffer consequences for the their shitty selfish entitled decisions. But oh no, this author feels the cheated upon spouse should suffer all the pain and consequences of his wife's cheating and betrayal. Its a prime example of White knight syndrome . White Knight syndrome is a term used to describe someone who feels compelled to “rescue” people in intimate relationships, often at the expense of their own needs. Such behaviors stem from a mindset that perceives the other sex as weak, dependent, absolved of all responsibility for their outcomes, and thinks that she will dedicate herself to loving him because of his help. In this case the author is "saving" Kathy and absolving her of her shitty behavior.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Rusty_MRusty_Malmost 2 years ago

What a powerful story!

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Since I laid out the pure shit you delivered in the first part lets start with this (onyl because everyone will cheer at what a great writer you are, when you are not) "My reporter friend called me that afternoon to tell me that Connelly had packed up and left town leaving no forwarding address and that my soon to be ex-wife hadn't gone with him."

Yet page one of this mess clearly states "Stacy, you know that I ended up following Donald Connelly when he left town don't you?"

Sorry I wont bother continuing reading this horrid pile of idiocy beyond that line, because you obviously expected the reader to be dumber than a MAGA rally chump, clearly many are, but anyone paying attention would be offended at this mess.

The world of the discriminating reader does NOT miss you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I can understand the negative reaction to the reconciliation but in real life a deep love will overcome the adversity of a cheating spouse. It did for me and that was 45 years ago. We both remember and the pain and sadness is something we share to this day along with a great amount of love.

If you decide to write any new stories please enroll in a refresher English Lit course to rediscover the basic rules of essay preparation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No. She turned 180 degrees. Don't buy it!!!! !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Reading the passionate comments here, and in other RAAC Loving Wives stories leads me to wonder whether LW category should be split into two.

BTB and RAAC.

I do understand the vitriol many comments. For the sake of a good story the author creates an evil loathsome character that readers hate. So when the protagonist overlooks all her faults and reconcile, we all feel cheated somehow.

This leaves many readers infuriated and frustrated.

I often feel cheated coz by such stories. If I had known they were RAAC I probably would not have read them coz deep inside I want the wronged party to be the victor. This is fiction after all and not real life. In real life we seldom see the innocent victim win. Far more memorable is when "the baddie" wins and the innocent suffer. We want to forget that and see a fictional world where "good triumphs over evil"

Sadly good writers who can create an evil character and have readers feel hatred towards her will sadly suffer the scorn of many readers.

I mean after all said and done, we did pay good money to read this literature. We expect good value for money. lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Meh... Turned a mediocre story into a worse one. Trying to blame Bob for being gone as the reason she cheated repetitively. What's her excuse for going back to the other guy right after being caught and still having sex with him? Does that seem like the actions of someone who is remorseful or trying to make up for her past deeds.

Lol. This seems to be another RAAC piece of filth. This author, Carvohi, and other authors clearly have no self-esteem. They will be forever miserable as the person their companion takes advantage over and over. Not a way I would care to live, but I guess some people have to be miserable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bullshit. "you know that I ended up following Donald Connelly when he left town don't you?" GAME OVER.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I read the comments about this and agree with most. However I noted,early the cuck writer carvohi offered some miserable info. That author believes that wives should always be forgiven and any man that takes hard action is wrong or lack character. U can read it in profiles, so the lengthy paragraph offered by that writer is total wimp cuck pov. This story unfortunately is also in that category, so sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Have to agree

I have to agree with anonymous from 4/3/21.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Awww crap! You had a great story going here, but you are obviously going to fuck it up by turning it into just another pathetic RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
1 glowing star

"I think Mom just got lured away by a very bad man who wooed her and would not take no for an answer." Brilliantly justified.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hero and not. Daughter at home and doing too much on account of slut wife.

Daughter

WIMPY CUCKOLD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Here we go... raac

Sigh

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

Still one of the better deployment cheating stories around.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
A hero cuck

I see you are making your fantasy military hero a cuck. What a disgrace.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Well written but hate direction going

She cheated and cheated and cheated and on and on

He saw and heard No

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
SUGNA GOT IT RIGHT....

As a real man whose daughter still needs him because she won't live with the cheating, skank whore who calls herself a mother would be very careful to get home safely. The writer has stated that Bob will do anything to protect his daughter but then turns right around and contradicts that statement with recklessness.

Again, please don't let this drift into a point less raac.

mower9527mower9527over 4 years ago
POV

pick a POV and stick with it. flipping back and forth gives your readers whiplash.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
I see the cuckold lovers guild has returned

I don't get all the RAAC shit. There a are over 1.5 million married Sailors, Soldiers and Airman. The fucked up truth is about 36% have to deal with whores, skanks or just straight up sluts. Its bad enough dealing with the separation, then you add the fact the she/he can't keep the legs closed or keep in their pants. She made her choices and some how you try and justify everything by him getting injured to cause the RAAC. I call Bullshit, because I only know a few service members that even allowed the cheater in the room. And those few only did it to tell them to got to hell.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
THESE EVENTS SANS THE ENDINGS

could be told thousands of times when war-time separation tears up famlies, friends and loved ones, Just like the commenter whose comments are being put into cold storage. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A Rarity

I very rarely give five stars for an unfinished story. And, although I doubt Part 3 will rate a five, this middle piece does rate five stars. Does she deserve reconciliation? Absolutely not. But, does the Major deserve the opportunity to save his once-beloved wife? Positively.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Shove It

to all those shouting that Bob should keep his anger for Stacy have probably never totally loved another person whether it is a child, sibling, wife or even just someone you think of as a very close friend. Anger only destroys.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
if this turns into a RAAC

then you have lost it. no way in hell would this bitch ever be forgiven. useless cunt

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Not as goodrr

Chapter two was not as good as one, but still pretty darn good. As a staff officer, I often travelled between companies in a humvee. A few times our convoy suffered IED attack. I was fortunate enough not to be directly involved, but did see injuries as described in the story. Probably headed for RAAC, but everyone except ex mayor Connelly has suffered enough for one life time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1*

Now I know why I dislike Sparky's stories so much. Is Sparky Kathy's dog? Did he shit all over the keypad, and she pressed 'submit' at the result?

jharpjharpalmost 6 years ago

Wow...wbat rancid shit! This is fucking horrible. You have A wife who's so selfish and narcissistic she clearly needs medication to function in society. And maiming the Husnand line that and having him allowing his Ex back? Fuck you, CallmeSparky!!!!

widowedidiotwidowedidiotabout 6 years ago
Wow!!

Wow!! is all I can say. I stopped reading after the conversation with her daughter. I'm jumping to the third part and see how it starts. This woman really takes the cake. Her way of doing damage control really is something else. she goes back to her lover after her husband caught her red handed? And then has the gall to boast to her daughter that she had moved to another state to be with her lover? And she still claims to love her husband more than her lover? Wow. Some damage control. All she has been doing so far is to alienate her husband and her daughter from her. and of course her friends and family. And she see's nothing wrong with what she's been doing. Of course the cuck hisband might just take her back. Hope not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ugh!

I missed this on the chapter 1 comment:

She acknowledged still sleeping with the mayor and maybe getting married to him despite claiming to get back together with Bob and then has to ask if they were done after getting the divorce papers. Clearly she is written as an imbecile or the story is ridiculous.

Then in chapter 2 she goes back to the mayor after he forgives her? While still loving Bob and wanting to get back with him. Again she is either an idiot or the story is ridiculous.

I'm still waiting (dreading) for the RAAC. This woman is written as someone who somehow became a slut after 18 years. Did she have a stroke? Get hit in the head? How can this happen? The explanation given so far is completely unreasonable unless she didn't love Bob. Perhaps she always slept around and didn't change at all.

She blames the mayor for being a wife stealer. I'm sorry but all she had to do was say "No". It is totally her fault.

And she still claims to love Bob even after treating worse than cow dung. Ridiculous! Bob was right... She loved the idea of being married and the lifestyle, not him.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
A word about the writing here...

Not about the story, but about the back-and-forth perspective switch between Bob and Kathy.

It would have been MUCH BETTER if the author kept using demarcation line to signal the switch, as he did at the start of the story.

Without it, sure, you could still figure out who was talking. It was just annoying for no good reason.

That's all I have to say for now.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
You Know

Now that the Major is injured he will need someone to care for him. The cheating ex can do all a nurse could do. Maybe even bring him a woman when his needs return. You know for sure he will never touch that slag cunt again. Damn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Dear Rank Nazi's

He could be a Company Commander as a Major. It doesn't happen often but people do get promoted while in Command. There are also rare company commands that are specific to Major's as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
dear wrong rank

Good S2s and S3s , G2s and G3s travel to the various units subordinate to the commander on whose staff they serve, by hummer if need be, to do their job, to personally obtain necessary intel and assertain that ops plans are properly issued and understood. He is the commander's extra set of eyes and ears obtaining on site intel as well as information regarding unit moral, readiness and capability and speaking with his voice to carry out his will, not just sitting back in a rear area generating reports and plans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Too bad

Lost 2 *'s just for the last 3 lines. She made her decision and now she should have to live with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Read

I saw one comment complaining about his rank, who cares, may not be normal to go out with his men but possible. I normally do not like the let her back in your life either but sometimes even if she was a slut, she was a slut you loved and still love so........you cannot help what your heart tells you to do.

I think most of these commenters must be CPAs cause everything has to be exact to fit in their world. I guess I am more of a ditch digger, if it is off a tad hair here or there no problem. Keep up the good work, and thank you for the stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Picked wrong rank.

He went out with his men ... majors don't have men. When one speaks of one's men it refers tk people under one's command. Commanders are CPTs at company level, LTCs at battalion, COLs at brigade and so forth. MAJs are really staff posifions. Yes, as an XO or S3 he may have some staff soldiers under him, but they would not be directly engaging in combat ops. If he was going out on missions one has to wonder why he wasn't at his actual place of duty and why his CDR allowed this. If he took his staff personel on a combat op because he needed to keep his mind off his problems and they became casualties then he should be looking at a court martial.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Re: Bobnbobby, Kansasjack, and anon Kansasjack commented on

My comments on the series will be after I read part 3.

As for the folks above, if you want accurate statistics, go to th Fedaral Agency that provides "Compensation Benefits" (monetary psyments to veterans with service-connected injuries), and which provides medical care for them. Go to:

http://www.va.gov/PURCHASEDCARE/aboutus/news/archive/Americas_Wars.pdf,

which is a Fact Sheet by the VA for the numbers of KIA, non-battle deaths, and so on in all of Amerca's wars. Then note that as of the date of that fact sheet in 2014, there was still one living child of a Civil War veteran. That person is tracked by the VA because he or she became disabled before adulthood, and has been receiving compensation by VA ever since becoming disabled. So the agency that is actually sending the checks out to the widows, widowers and children may have a more accurate count than a Website anyone on the planet can edit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
NOOOOOOOO...

Don't let her back in. 6 months of fucking another man while you're serving your country makes her a first class slut, no matter how bad she feels.

angelaslaterangelaslaterabout 8 years ago
Gripping

Such a good read but very emotional. I'm not meant to cry here!!

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago
A Great Story so far.....

I agree with kansasjack about the slime ball anonymous commentators. I'm sure their mothers would give them a good thrashing if they knew what their spotty teen sons were up to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
re kansasjack

7.3% of americans have served in the military (all branches)

So your statistics are close FOR ALL commentators on this site.

Do you believe that by having a username on an erotic story website makes you more of a man than an anonymous poster who has also served their country?

I know of one anonymous poster who served in a frontline infantry division and was involved in active service in a warzone.

for all any of us know kansasjack could be a 15 year old boy with delusions of grandeur.

As for the story, well written and i will vote after i read the last chapter

kansasjackkansasjackabout 9 years ago
Why do they allow " Anonymous" comments?

I am sure it it mostly a method for cowards to safely voice their opinion without the ability for reprisal. Of course there is no method to prove it but I would bet that over 95% of Anonymous posters have not only never served in the Military but more that that have never experienced combat.If so the entire tone of their posts would be different. One last thing, why do you feel the need to bash the author's for something as mundane as the way they punctuate their stories for God's sake. Remember this, they write these stories for your enjoyment and if you feel you could do better then leap right in and let it fly.

To my fellow Marine Brothers I just say "Semper Fi". To my other brothers in arms I just say "Thank you for your service.

To "callmesparky" just say, Keep on keeping on ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
illiterate righting

1 star wurth less crapola, blah, blah meaning nothing same as the crap tello.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well,anon below, when someone is an illiterate idiot like you without ability to perceive what they attempt to read ...

..well, its time you go back to your school and demand money back. They obviously couldn't do anything with a low IQ trash like you. But I digress.

The story is excellently written with a great deal of promise for the future.

Good luck, and thank you for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Shitty writing

First, you have no clue how to punctuate. Makes reading the story difficult.

Second, you flop back and forth between the husband's story and the wife's, with no demarcation. Very difficult.

Third, the predictable nature of the arc makes reading this dreck unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
RACC PLOT ALERT!!!!ALERT!!!!! written by a woman!!!ALERT!!

Well why does this blow snot bubbles and die as a story.

1 daughter phones mom which she hated? to tell about dad? while she was living with the other guy?

This is written by a woman only thing i can think of, it is so hard to follow and poorly written. Or a pro-cuckold like MM(which is a woman)

MEN stop listening to your females about plots, it is like listening to a cat talk about feelings(that makes no sense..my point is made)

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Ah well

She probably has learned and she will likely be good from now on - but sheeeit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
just another of

the new cuck wanna be authors writing cuck lovers trash

1 star

MarvinSMarvinSover 9 years ago
Two Issues:

1/ Whatever happened to the comma that separates the text from the person addressed? I see it frequently. Is there a new rule since I retired from teaching grammar? Example from this story: "I don't know Stacy." The guy speaking doesn't know his own daughter? The context suggests that the author meant "I don't know, Stacy." The comma clarifies.

2/ Methinks it is not a good writing practice to use first person (I, me) for two characters. It is especially disconcerting to switch characters (with first person) every paragraph or so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why do all the RAAC stories use the injured husband?

Stopped here. S.T.U.P.I.D. Boring. formalistic. Repetitive.

Is the same wife used in all these stories?

I have known several couples divorce due to the wife's adultery. None acted like this. They all put the past behind them and went out and partied.

Did I mention Stupid?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
bah!

Not worth the time to read this garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This is turning out to be a cuck story.

Part 3: The Major got his balls blown off in Afghanistan and needs his wife back to take care of him because of his other more serious injuries. Unfortunately, he can't do his husband duty anymore, but luckily Donald Connelly is available to help him out. The three will negotiate an arrangement that would benefit all parties. To pile on the debauchery, Stacy will get involved too.

1 Star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Good 2nd chapter. Maybe the real interesting story is starting now. I await the next post.

AMerryMan

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 9 years ago
Pick a point of view and stick with it.

Flipping back and forth is pointless. Likewise, every female cheater in every story is the same: they never smile, never date, lose weight, become drab and colourless, blah blah blah, it's always the same and it's always crap. Some women will become like that, most won't, so lets be realistic.

IcallBSIcallBSover 9 years ago
Stopped reading @ pg1 when you flushed the story

Too bad I wasted my time on Ch. 1

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I thought you...

...might do something like this.

The disconnect was the ex-mayor and wifey getting back together....and apparently doing just fine until news of hubby's injuries precipitated a complete change of heart in wifey. Really? REALLY? (Saying that a lot today..).

That wierd little thing sets the whole story on its ear for me.

I hope you manage to recover.....but sucky ex-mayor has to come back for some serious beat down, right? Otherwise, handling that piece too realistically, kinda makes her rejoining him in another state for several months pretty bad writing.....

orater1orater1over 9 years ago
Transitioning & Development

The story theme is awesome and for the most part, we don't know how it's going to end. But there were several times that I was halfway through a paragraph without knowing that the scene/speaker had changed. This disrupts the reading flow.

Plus, I agree with other commenters; you covered a lot of ground in a very short period. Ch 1 was very good at development. For example, we start with a daughter talking about the accident, a whole block of activity missing. You also left it to post-occurance analysis of others to fill in the mindset of your protagonist - this is a different style than Ch 1, where we got to understand Bob / Kathy / Stacy and even Donald - very well. Maybe this was your intent - I'm not sure (I prefer Ch 1's style).

I think you have us readers hooked, take your time and develop the scenes, I promise I, for one will continue to look for and wait for each follow-on. You have a great story theme - now, control your audience - you're in the driver's seat. We're all waiting to see the follow-on chapter(s) (even though you'll never please all the people all the time...lol). Please continue.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
The fatal flaw in this chapter

is Kathy's flip-flop. The denouncement of Donald at the end of chapter 1 is totally inconsisten with her moving in with him later. That more than anything else is what kills the chapter.

thefranzthefranzover 9 years ago
Wife's Character

I find it very difficult to believe the change in Kathy's character. Sure, she wails and wrings her hands with the best of them but e.g. her characterization of her lover sounds as self serving as her actions following the revelation of her affair. I just can't "feel" any real remorse on her side. If you did this on purpose, hats off to you, if not, i'm afraid Kathy will remain a stereotype.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
My Mother is a Saint!

My Dad helped her to be one. He knew he was a career Marine and he would be overseas; so our first house was in Pensacola close to my maternal grandparents. This way, my Mother wasn't isolated and alone during his three tours in Vietnam, and his unaccompanied tours to Okinawa. That's right, he never lived in his first house; just his family, while he was overseas. That's how he watched out for us even when he couldn't be there.

My Mother understood the importance of appearances, and no impropriety ever occurred in our home. She respected our Dad and loved us; but that didn't mean she had an easy time handling four children without Dad being there. She hid it well, and it wasn't until I was much older that I realized how lonely she was without my Dad.

Right then, with that background you might guess that I am less than impressed with Kathy. Moreover, I'm a little distressed by the way you're manipulating this story to come up with reasons for this insult to good wives everywhere, to get back together with Bob in a mockery of marriage!

Don't you realize what a bang up job you've done in creating an evil bitch, with Kathy? So what is she now; the evil bitch with a heart? You can't have it both ways! She's an evil bitch or she belongs in an insane asylum. Trying to put her back with Bob is literally adding insult to injury.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sparks lol sparky by name & sparky by nature...

22 Thousand views , 88 comments

and the story was only posted TWO days ago.

got the feeling this chapter was rushed, not so much care taken with it.

please , slow down ..

please , take up the offer of proof readers / editing from those that seem most genuine & whom you have confidence in.

please do NOT let the haters&flamers drive you away or let them stop you writing.

ty for writing & ty for sharing it with us.

xxxhugsxxx

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 9 years ago
YOU REALLY WACKED THE HORNET'S NEST!

Look on the bright side; you got more comments than most people do with five stories. Believe it or not, those comments contain a lot of help you should cash-in on. Even the Anons, who criticized the plot, may have something you can use. For sure those who pointed out weakness in your writing craft should be carefully considered.

Your character development is especially weak. I, along with most other relatively new writers, have the same problem,to various degrees. I'll pass on some advice that helped me. Before you start your story, write a biography of each character. Make it as complete as you would your own: Where did he attend school, what is his line of work, who was his first girlfriend, where and when did he lose his virginity, what is his world viewpoint, what does he want from life, write a word picture of how he looks, etc. You probably won't use a tenth of these things, but if you make everything your character does conform to your biography you won't have a cardboard character.

Read others, both on this site and printed books. Note how they transition from one character to another, and their style in general. I think alwayswantedtoo is a good example, but just check out any writers with high scores. Always keep in mind a high score doesn't ALWAYS mean good writing, but is just something the readers like.

My advice is, "Keep writing and trying to improve. As far as those commentators who say quit writing, look first at how they signed their comments. This site uses only pen names, everybody here is anonymous, so what does that say about criticism from a reader who won't bother to get and use a member ID so you can respond and the rest of us can draw our conclusions about their knowledge of the trade.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
re: Still very good...

"... pay no attention to the Anonymous naysayers." What about the non-anonymous naysayers? Anonymous or not, the comments are, for the most part, similar. If you don't like people being anonymous on the net, YOU'RE the one who's out place, newbie. A large part of the growth of the internet was based on being anonymous. You are being no more logical than someone who buys a house near an airport and then complains about the noise.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 9 years ago
when issuing an "apology" do NOT tell your spouse how great the sex was with the OTHER GUY

This is so fucking bad on soooo many levels ... it almost laughable.

ABOUT THE STORY ITSELF It is imperative to keep in mind that this was NOT just an affair. The anonymous poster MY 2 CENTS presents a complete listing or run down of all the extreme and disrespectful and hateful actions by the wife. And it really is quite egregious. And going on and on about great the sex was with the other guy in the so called apology... while the man you supposedly really love is the hospital and almost dead because of you ... well that is Just awful.

THE WIFE'S CHANGE.. I agree that is speaks volumes that idiots like carhovi does NOT think the wife's behavior is inconsistent.

** Given wife's actions the change in the wife is waaaaaaaaay too sudden and not believable. The author seems to think that writing down the words where the wife says she is suffering from remorse or guilt is good enough to show she is a changed person ***

Early in this awful chapter the cunt whore wife is saying that she " sort of loves donald " then 1 paragraph later -or is it 2?-- she hates him and leaves. HUH?

or this .... "I've lost everything and I'll never get it back and you know what? I don't deserve to get it back. I deserve this empty, lonely life I'm leading. I deserve all the pain and suffering I'm going through and you're right, Bob doesn't want anything to do with me, but I don't care. I Don't Care! I have to be with him!"

so the wife knows she fucked up BUT she wants to be with her ex? WHY? she wants what she wants right now and everyone else can drop dead.

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago

Tough story Kathy dosen, t sound like any woman I know lucky me. Bob has tougher choices because of her remorseful letter, and some difficult recovery ahead. Time would work against me and I would long for the good memories of my past. Good luck to us all as the last chapters come to life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
My 2 Cents

The facts as presented in the story:

1. She was lonely and after 1 month was cheating on her husband.

2. She cheated publicly without any concern for the effects on her family

3. She ignored her daughter

4. When caught she admitted feeling for the mayor and was not remorseful so it was not just sex.

5. Instead of staying with friends or going to a hotel for even a couple of days she immediately shacks up with her lover.

6. Instead of making other birth control arrangements she humiliates her husband further by asking for her birth control pills

7. She outs the mayor only because he seemed to ready to dump her not because it was the right thing to do. This made her appear to some as a victim.

8. After the mayor leaves town she follows him rather than try to make things better at home and ultimately shacks up with him again

9. After all this she finds out that her actions selfish and thoughtless had an effect on her husband causing him to be less careful and he was injured so she write a self serving apology.

10. The letter and the offer of apology are way too little way too late. A military officer must analyze his situation and then react. Here the facts clearly require that he dump her ass. If he needs care he can get at the VA or at his home with private duty nursing or he can stay at his mom's house.

11. If his condition kills his sex drive she is history anyway why give him more anguish?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
84 comments and Only Carvohi does NOT see any inconsistencies with the wife's behaviot

if his comments / analysis do not shock you... Then you are brain dead. It is his inability to think that explains why carvohi stories always score sooooooo low all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Kathy, you can come....

and kiss my muthafucking ass

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 9 years ago
Practically everyone (LOL) has commented . . .

Lots of comments, many of which say what I would say. So I'll try to point out something no one talked about. And that has to do with severe pelvic injuries (crushed pelvis certainly qualifies). More than 50% of men are permanently impotent and/or incontinent (even after surgical repairs); I know this as I looked up the published statistics. Quite a few also get colostomies. Bottom line, most such men do not feel "sexy" (I'm not even including the face injury, loss of the ear, loss of leg, and the hand injuries). So it is unlikely our hero will ever get to function as a man (sexually) in the future. While anything can happen in a story (even a miracle), a realistic story would end sadly for our war hero. Who could trust the ex to reconcile and stay faithful, if sex is so essential to her happiness and he can no longer provide anything besides oral?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

The dialogue was a bit wooden and unrealistic. One confusing aspect, in her letter she is telling him that the sex was not better. However, when he spoke to her while at home she claimed that it was just different. A totally different kind of answer and sentiment. This story could be more authentic and emotionally compelling, which I think is what you are going for, if you were not writing the wife's actions as contradictory. She says she got seduced by a bad man at a vulnerable point in her life - that it was a temporary fling. However, she told her husband face to face that she had talked marriage with the guy. That's two different states of affairs. Also, she declares how much she loves her husband, but at the one point where she probably could have tried to win him back (when they were meeting face to face), she is not sure of whether she is in love with Connolly. Sounds like a woman torn over who she is in love with. Not to mention the fact that she was so torn up over possibly losing her hubby that she immediately moved in with her lover. Still, four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Uh

It's a little heavy handed...

OOAAOOAAover 9 years ago
Brilliant!!!

Thanks

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
It's ok

I was worried that you were going to go this route after Ch 1 & unfortunately here we are, hero badly wounded, wife's left boyfriend & daughter's by daddy's side. You now have only two major options that I can see : -

1. after a lengthy period of recuperation they reconcile

2. he let's her come to see him & then finally ends it

Now you may come up with another option altogether & good luck if you do, but I feel you'll go with 1 or 2 or some variation of either.

I don't feel option 1 is the correct way to go. I just can't see how he could ever forgive & forget her actions even though he may still love her. If you choose 2 then this chapter is kinda superfluous isn't it as you had the perfect end at Ch 1.

Just a minor point, his daughter Stacy is, what 15 or 16 now, where's she staying & with whom, whilst she's there with him for 2 weeks. The small missing details like that make this Ch 2 slightly unrealistic & the way you chop & change, without any physical signs ( ie. .......... between lines or any useful punctuation marks ), between Bob & Kathy is disconcerting to say the least.

Overall you writing skills slipped & I feel you lost the main thread of your plot slightly in this chapter, so , not as good as Ch 1. 3 ***

7daysuntil7daysuntilover 9 years ago
This is a very good story!

The people who write bad things about this story, should write a better one. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. The wife, Kathy, was very selfish but she only regrets what she did because she got caught. Stories like these can happen in real life.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 9 years ago
Correction

The Anon who is waiting to rate should get his facts close to straight before posting numbers on US military deaths. His Civil war number is generally correct; since all deaths were American it is the most costly war in absolute terms, about 625,000 military deaths and by far the largest in population, close to two percent of 1860 population. The four major wars of the twentieth century, World Wars one and two plus Korea and Viet Nam when totaled are almost the exact same absolute number, about 615,000 deaths. World War Two at 420,000 military deaths is by far the largest of those four wars with WW 1 at 116,000 second and Viet Nam with 58,000 deaths third. Obviously the population base in the twentieth century was much larger than in 1860 so the percentage of military deaths is less than half of the Civil War.

The numbers I use here are from Wiki and correspond to numbers I have seen from many other sources.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 9 years ago
and--AND

Man,you sure have set the stage . I got to the end of this chapter. Looked at the last 5 lines and said to the wife and said-- no, no you can't stop now! ahhh shit!

In plain words --hurry up with the next part, please. Like the story line and am really waiting to see what you do with it.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Continues Interesting

Certainly he sad nothing about love in his note, so anything can still come down the tubes. In his state having a submissive slave around would not be a bad idea...

Personally I would probably have a heart attack if she showed up after that note but this is author's choice and reading it is reader's choice. I believe I will read the next one.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Dunno

Heard a lot of our boys down through the wars have been badly shocked from getting dear John letters or coming home on leave and catching wife or girl friend with another man and as a result have not done well when they went back to the war. Seem to not care very much anymore. Manhood in question and all of that.

About the RAAC, I also don't know about that either. The other story by this writer was not a wimp, cuck story. Maybe he will pull this one out. I hope so, if for no other reason that this hubby is a war veteran.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Kids can grow up fast sometimes

Her father is overseas facing the possibility of death on a daily basis, and then her moother starts going off the deep end. The past six months were probably enough emotional turmoil to age her six years before she decided that her dad had to be told.

It's still not too late to pull this one out of the pit. Connelly can decide to take revenge by killing Bob and Stacy, and Kathy can redeem herself and earn her family's forgiveness and loving memory by stepping in front of them and taking the bullets, giving Bob and the police the opportunity to kill Connelly. It would still be RAAC, but at least the right people would be paying the C.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Take her back?

She's had sex with Donald fifty or sixty times before her infidelity is discovered. The community was small, obviously a lot of people know she's cuckolding him. What humiliation. When she's outed she goes with him, and sleeps and has sex with him for over a week. Then when the divorce is filed she follows him and lives with him. "The sex was fun". Wow! What a selfish bitch.

gemman1gemman1over 9 years ago
Interesting

It is obvious that you have are either a Vet yourself or done some research to know that we use Landstuhl in Germany to start the Vet's treatment and that Even thought the Name was Changed to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, that those in the service still know it as Bethesda (Bethesda Naval Hospital). Now let's see where you take this one... I would toss her to the curb myself, that letter she sent was too self serving and not worthy of a response "the sex was fun"....please, she doesn't care about him.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I wish I had been wrong

But you had to cause physical harm to your hero. Who's next, Stacy? Meanwhile the Donald escapes unharmed, except for his ego, and is unrepentant. And the, I love them both, wife suddenly feels some remorse.

You took the easy way out putting this story on an untenable course.

So, where now? Two damaged leading characters come together with the help of their daughter? Or does he maintain some integrity by going through with the divorce? He could return home to a hero's welcome in time for the special election and become Mayor?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To the know it all's

First off how many of you have been in the armed forces? ??

1. For him to be injured is quite feasible. Been there seen it so back off numnuts.

2. When you have been injured this badly it is not strange to want a someone from you last normal life with you. I seen bad woman do about turns and come back to thewornged persons like this story.

3.lets see where this goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So where's part three?

Well?

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
@ANON 'Yup'

Landstuhl is a US Military hospital IN Germany. It is NOT a German hospital. It is the main Third Level hospital for combat-injured allied troops in Europe, Africa and NearEast.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 9 years ago
Massive disappointment

First, I absolutely HATE when a character, who has been unabashedly evil before, 'gets religion' and chants 'Mea Culpa' endlessly! 'Selfish' doesn't evaporate ... at best, it just gets into disguise!

Second ... I concur that thoughtful presentation (especially marking PoV switches) is abysmally absent in Ch2.

Third, 'Deus ex Machina' devices (such as getting the protagonist 'blowed up') are VERY weak, and shoulda dissappeared with Early Greek plays! It is a mark of laziness and lack of imagination. Ch1 was OK where it ended...shoulda stopped right there, IMHO!

3* and generous, at that.

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124over 9 years ago
Still very good...

but I agree with the Anonymous who complained about the changing point of views. The row of stars marked the obvious transition, but flopping back and forth was kind of disconcerting. If nothing else, put three asterisks *** between the POV's to help us to read it.

As I tell most of the authors I comment to, pay no attention to the Anonymous naysayers. You write what you like. And I've enjoyed the first two. I enjoy the cheating wife stories, even though I have the most faithful wife in the world myself. 5 stars again

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
One star

This is the same woman that asked her husband for birth control pills after getting kicked out.

Now they reconcile. Where's my barf bag?

Do us a favor and skip part 3.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous