All Comments on 'A King's Wife'

by maxdname

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
FreakyReReFreakyReReover 16 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed this story. I'm a fan of historical and regency romances so this was right up my alley. Your writing was fantastic and the intimate scenes between your characters was very hot! I look forward to more from you.

maxdnamemaxdnameover 16 years agoAuthor
clarification on a point

um, in regard to a query about a king's wife... and crossing the village in a day's walk... a lot of middle english towns were strung out along rivers, with only one pathway or maybe two close to the river bank. these pathways would have crowded, narrow, and following the contours of the stream bank. sometimes we forget that WE live in the age of straight lines, urban planning, and boulevards but at one time cities were just puked up where ever they may. because the town here on the tyne river was not one based on agriculture but fishing and river traffic it was winding messy hodge podge of dwellings along a skinny dirt path and the protag would have shared it with domesticated geese, ducks, and maybe even a few sheep as well as the fish mongers selling their wares. it would have been intriguing to visit--briefly, because they also threw waste into the river and dead stuff. garbage pickup WAS the river. with all that, progress walking would have been slow, making a three or four mile trip (again following the contours of the river which always wind most broadly where it meets the sea) slow, slow, slow. a town of 5000 huddled in little shacks along one side of a broad river could easily stretch out for 5 miles or more.

london at that time was almost 100,000 (until the 1666 fire) so walking cross town there would have taken more than a day. rome on the other was almost a planned city and would have a shorter walk. (see: dad, i am using my urban planning/geography AND my history degrees).

thanks for the read.

also, this is just chapter one. more to follow

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
fyi if u don't know yet

"clarification on point" I hope you contact every author script writer of a movie or book on for this point because just about all of them have seemed to have written that crossing a town is no big deal in 1300's. If not why mention it. Probaly noone cares but you.

Now back to "A King's Wife" it deserves every star it gets.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Awesome!

Keep making more of these.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous