All Comments on 'A Long Time Ago'

by LynnGKS

Sort by:
  • 154 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Was she sorry?

I felt as though she just said it because that's what she knew he husband needed to hear. The reason I felt it was because I couldn't see to much of her perspective, though at the same time I really enjoyed reading from the perspective of the psychologist.

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
Sucked!

As I recollect the original story sucked too. So what was your point?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
question

Would she still be having an affair with him. she answered the question..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
It would be a better story.........

If the husband pulled out a long knife during the session and stabbed the evil whore wife to death and then cut her fucking head off. :)

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 14 years ago
Ennui

I am not sure how much your version added to the original story, Lynn. You have forced the wife to admit that the drudgery that makes up a lot of family life during the development and early child rearing phase caused her to go looking for excitement. The original story didn't have that element; the notion that wife looked for something exciting and found that something in a lover.

My recollection is the relationship with Tim(?) truely "just happened" and grew into a love affair. When lover moved across country the affair became special because of the separation that made their physical time together so infrequent they had to fertilize it with erotic love correspondence. I would have loved to see you explore that aspect from the woman point of view. How does writing or receiving a letter from a special lover prolong the delicacy of a forbidden romance?

I understand that the romance is "forbidden" by custom and convention even though I think outside lovers adds so much to the rounding of each half of a long term and successfully married man and woman. That's just my take on things from a guy who was married more than thirty years and divorced now more than a dozen.

Risq_001Risq_001almost 14 years ago
While I have to admit its an different take seeing it from the female prespective...

I have to say I wasn't too fond of this telling of the story either.

What you did, at least from what I saw, was break it down into three basic parts:

- The wife was bored and needed excitement in her life

- The husband ego was bruised and hurt and he was just jealous of what she did with someone else.

- Long as the wife didn't actually "love" her other sexual partner and new lover, then this really isn't a big hurdle for them to get over.

If you break it down like that then, at least to me, it seems like the husband was making a bigger deal out of her affair than the therapist thought he should have made. Long as she really didn't love the other man then her affair really threatened nothing.

But I completely disagree.

Cheating isn't that simple. It doesn't collapse into such neat black and white settings. It not something, like eating a sandwich, where as long as once your caught and your sorry then the real healing begins because in the end it doesn't really harm anyone to spice up a boring lifestyle.

And in this case your story makes the husband look like an ass (to me) for not getting over her cheating and going on with their lives. That might not be what you intended (or it might I can't speak for you) but that's how I saw it.

Cheating has "real" consequences, from unintended pregnancies between lovers and not marriage mates, spreading of diseases to a spouse who thought they were in a "safe" relationship an no longer needed to worry about things like that, to a complete break down of trust.

Life is hard enough without having to worry if your spouse is going to trade up because they are out giving free test drives to everyone who catches their eyes with requiring the same commitments you need to give them or the same pressures of life (bills, kids, mortgage, etc) you have to put up with as well to get their interest and time.

And I felt here that was swept under the carpet for the sake of making the husband see this wasn't that big a deal, once he could get past the horrors "he" created for himself in his mind.

But at the end I have to ask myself: Did I really like how you portrayed a wronged spouse in your story, who's mate took a lover, as being whiny and spoiled, someone who was ruining a good realtionship (I gather you felt) over images that he should have let go of because the wife said she was sorry and her lover was no longer in the picture?

And then I have to say: "No I really didn't." =(

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Added a lot to the original

Im not sure what stories people are reading, but its crazy to say this one didnt change/add much. Its a totally different outcome now. I was very unsatisfied with the original for the same reasons this author seems to be. In the original, I kept waiting for the husband to wake up and was disappointed with the ending which left me feeling the husband was more wronged than ever. Now I can hope they stay together and be happy for them if they do.

I thought this was a much better ending and Im glad the author wrote it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
sorry Lynn all this proves is that you are a stupid cow

You never have the therapist a supposedly educated intelligent person put 2 and 2 together.

I mean WHY would you? you have a pussy and serious man hating agenda .

When the wife says well it is just laughable....

"But when I said I'd never have left you. I loved you. I loved our son. That's the truth. You have no reason to believe me but I hope you do."

this is not remotely close to the truth. The therapist asks her why SHE kept the letters but never challenges the wife on her answer which is an obvious self evdient lie.

The wife kept the letters to remind herself that she had a SEPERATE life away from the kids and her husband.

she HATED the routine.

she HATED being a mother.

she HATED being a wife.

then cunt whore wife says she Loved her husband and son.

Marriage is getting older together. It IS sometimes routine. if you cant do accept and the wife clearly cannot she she STILL does NOT see what the isuse ---

than dont be married

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I didn't get the last line

whereas if it had read "Mr and Mrs Bill Maitland" I would have thought it very clever. The Wilsons? Maybe I missed the point...Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Just Reinforced The Idea

She had a cheap 3 year suck and fuck with a married playboy, husband got fucked over, short changed, cheated and lied to for years. His marriage is a sham and he should move on by himself, at least for a while and see what is out there, not settle for a chubby slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Forgiveness? from the husband?

Unlikely, but who knows stranger things have happened. I am not sure which ending was better, probably on a par at least for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
OMG!!

I can't stop laughing at BNB's comment!!!

Dude , you are hilarious!!

How the hell did it "just happen" and then you want him to right about the romance of the affair? It would be a VERY borring romantic tale if it had "just happened" , don't you think? Honestly , you sound like you are 14 , not over 60

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
three years

three years she did it, well i can tell you they had no marriage. She was a selfish person who deserves nothing and most of all not her husband or her sons love. Anyway what would expect from this author who has the morals of a snake.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nice take

Having read both stories, this one does put a better sense of finality on the tale. Overall, I liked it, but am not going to get into a deep analysis of a work of fiction about another work of fiction.

DrPopeDrPopealmost 14 years ago
I'm really upset about this ....

You are a good writer in the classic cuckold genre but I really have to question your ethics on even writing this story.

Did you get the permission of the original author?

You have not given the original author credit or referred to his story which you should do if you are writing a directly related story based on circumstances somebody else created.

I think it is unethical for you to write this story without express permission from the original author and to write it without directly referring to the story it is taken from and giving credit to the author is very poor form.

As for the story it offered a view ...but was poorly written (by your own standards ...you can do much better then this).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
The real question was not answered

Why did she hate her husband so much to do it in the first place. All of life is boring to some degree, do we have a woman here so mentally ill she cant understand to make her marriage more lively, she had to be more lively in it? Three year affair, and three years a husband with no wife, divorce the bitch and find a younger woman who loves you.......... In other words, out of pure boredom on the husband, recycle the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
is this better ??

I don't think so. What I see is a selfish cheating wife and an equal cheating lover; I wouldn't think of staying with her. And the reasons she gave, the woreshipping of her dirty affair, even until the end, and than just confess it was all out of boredom, cause she wanted to feel young and single. Pathetic. Not to mention the stance of the counsellor who, apparently, thought this would be OK. Bullshit. It will never be OK, never be the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Pathetic

Didn't have the balls to have him dump her huh? LOL <P>

She saw the light way too quickly, it should have taken much longer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Incomplete...

It was interesting but incomplete. Many stores do well when they leave the future to the imagination of the readers, yours still left too much unsaid, too little direction. It was not a bad story and overall well written, but it needed more.

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 14 years ago
Kick the SLUT to the CURB!

Sorry! Don't buy this crap! She was a cheating slut who got caught, She's sorry because he found out. She has no respect for her husband or marriage. How many other times has she gotten bored? She has ZERO creditability!

IT's over! Period.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Bull shit by any other odor is still bull shit!

A slut is still a slut. No honest husband would abide such a worthless woman. There is no just conclusion for the husband to this sorry tale. Kick the bitch out before he gets a STD. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Simple49erSimple49eralmost 14 years ago
You think he

is not the complex person in this relaltionship? That's also the wife's attitudede. That's why as a counselor, your character fails in her job. SHe is far to sympathetic with the wife and does not understand the husband's pain at all. Your simplistic solution at the end may make you happy as a writer - you said you did not like the other stories conclusion - but for me it is the typical lack of understanding about his "feelings". Your conselor has an intellectual understanding of him, but that is all. She "feels" for the woman and empathizes. At no point is there a discussion of the lack of communication in the marriage BEFORE the affair. The wife does not discuss her feelings with her husband about the routine routine as you put it. Instead she unconsciously looks for an affair to recharge herself, but not her husband. You never have the wife say the magical words: I am selfish and my needs take precedence over my husband. Instead she lives this marriage as a lie. I actually think were I counseling them, I would tell the husband to separate for a time and ask himself does he want to live with a woman who does not communicate her feelings to him, that would probably have an affair again in the "right" circumstances and whom he has clearly not trusted all this time. Your counselor is almost dismissive of the husband. They have lived all this time together? Why? If he does love her still, those feelings are complex and she did little to support him as her "fascination" with the wife took over. In many ways, I think this reflects the way you see men in many of your stories and why there is that constant lack of reality when you write about men. You seem to have no trouble in your fantasies with the selfish wife and have developed some interesting rationalizations to explain their behavior, but in this case that weakness with male characters betrays your plot development. In fact you simplistic development of male characters maybe hints at a kind of dislike of men. Hmmmm?

louguy35louguy35almost 14 years ago
Agree with anonymus - Incomplete!

This version of the story takes us from introduction of the problem through character development to the point of recognition of the problem, but completely ignores any attempt at resolution, be it reconciliation or divorce (and both are still possible). That is leaving way too much unattended to.

hawkeye007hawkeye007almost 14 years ago
Cheating Slut!

The wife is a cheating slut and the husband is a spineless wimp for not kicking her worthless ass to the curb. Unfortunately there is no score less than 0.

APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxalmost 14 years ago
I have to agree with Dr. Pope

The stories I've written are in a multi-writer "Universe" but you need to get permission from the "owner" of the universe to write a story that uses its cannon.

Even though you are not charging for your story, I do believe you have crossed ethical lines if you don't have permission.

Having said that, I find the "solution" here to be extreme shallow. "Sorry" doesn't make it all better. The husband has lost something very valuable, and something he thought he had. Simply being sorry that she spent thirty years being less than she should be... even if she now understands that she has been cheating her husband for thirty years, does what? Now that she see the damage, how can she make him whole? How has she changed to become a better wife from his perspective? All I see is that she can try to be what she was supposed to have been all along. How does she go the extra mile?

In real life there frequently isn't any justice. The old Ann Landers saw "Are you better off with our without the other" is sooooo shallow. For one thing you can never know if you will be better off without, for another there's more than one person involved. But this isn't real life and I want to see justice.

So, this story falls short on two levels. First, copyright, and second nothing is done for the husband other than an apology. I would like to see you get permission from the author then show us how the wife can make it better. Frankly, I don't see how she can... but then it's your story not mine.

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 14 years ago
I object...

to your remark about the limited options of 50 YO men! A man in his 50's who is even in half-decent shape, and who has a means of earning a living or is financially well off, has plenty of women available if he wants to pursue them — many of them 10 or even 15 years younger! To that extent, the problem that should really frighten the wife is that he will turn her in for a new model. It is the women in their 50's who would have trouble replacing old, boring, steady, stable hubby! So she better damn well be sorry about having the affair and be willing to go the extra mile to get the man she has over his pain.

APeacefulPlaceTxAPeacefulPlaceTxalmost 14 years ago
PS

I was trying to remember who had done this same concept several years ago, and it was a story by ohio. I think he did a much better job showing the problems with the discovery of an old affair.

Long After the Fact Ch. 01

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
The authors CONSISTENT use/ insult that husband is simpleton IS intentional

and it shows LynnGKS's severe man hating bias.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Counselor viewpoint, poor counselor

I like what simple49er had to say. The counselor was not doing her job.. She is bored just like the wife and is searching for something more interesting, more complex. In doing this, just like the wife, she abandons the husband. Yes, she recognizes him as a patient (like wife "loves" him) but isn't giving him her focus (like wife pursues a lover). <br>

It was interesting for the counselor to point out the blocking problem with the wife. She is completely blind to seeing that what she did was wrong. That is an essential first step to repentance and possible forgiveness. Of course to me this makes the wife rather brain dead. I think you go into relationships either believing you should remain faithfully monogamous or not. If you believe in being monogamous, even if you end up cheating, you realize you screwed up. Everything in the wife's background tells me she believed she should be monogamous. The couple are not swingers. She has had no other affairs. Except for the one lover, she has lived her life by the principle of monogamy. She seems to think because she was "in love" that she got a free pass. When she finally realizes she was just looking for excitement, her free pass disappears. Now she was just a whore, a label she wanted to avoid. Interesting self delusion to protect her self image. <br>

Going back to the husband, his emotions are not complex but they are valid and STRONG! He was betrayed and deceived. His wife is unrepentant. He has invested his life in someone and now has nothing to show for it. She says she loves him but she also loved this other guy. Who knows who else she could find to love if the mood struck her. The husband is told he did nothing wrong so there is nothing for him to "fix" to make their relationship better and more reliable. All he can do is wait in dread that this will happen again if the mood strikes her. He has to walk around with the proverbial sword at his neck ready to strike. The counselor is bored with this, she has seen it before, old news. The counselor can't get the wife to recognize her ownership of the problem so she lets the husband stew. Even the wife's final recognition of the real problem is too little, too late. After 20 years she finally realizes she stuck a knife in his back. "Oops, sorry honey." And the counselor ships them off for a month like her job is done???? WTF?? Getting the wife to see her guilt was the OPENING step to reconciliation, if it is even possible. Effective counseling has just begun because they are finally dealing with the real truth of the situation. She was a selfish slut and stepped outside their marriage FOR 3 YEARS. It only ended because her lover got himself killed. She maintained a loving remembrance of the dead lover for 20 years. Finally she is realizing the truth of what she did. Can her husband live with all this? How does he deal with the issues and make a decision? Is their anything she can do to make this up to him? Is it possible to make it up to him? Too bad the counselor is a idiot. They have little chance of staying together anyway and with this counselor they have none.

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 14 years ago
Fails for the same reason as the original.

This story appears to be an alternative ending of "Statute of Limitations," which was recently posted in the Romance category. I gave my comment to Statute a lot of time before finally writing it, and when posted it boiled down to one major issue: The story failed because the wife's character remained static and reconciliation was forced where she still was completely clueless and unapologetic. Despite that glaring weakness, I was deeply impressed with the writing and other characterizations and emotions drawn out by that story.

This story fails because neither the husband nor the wife seems to get it. As a result, it is even less satisfying than the original story's ending. In the original, we at least felt the husband's pain; we just couldn't figure out why he'd reconcile where the wife was totally unapologetic. Here, we feel nothing. The husband here appears shallow throughout the story rather than just at the end. The wife also appears shallow and even more dense than in the original. None of her emotions or feelings are conveyed well, and the "Ta Da!" moment when she realizes the underlying factors that drove her affair actually plays out more as a "Well duh!" moment because she's so incredibly clueless as portrayed here.

The husband's shallowness is also beyond cliche. "There you go, she apologized and now knows it was wrong. Now go home and let her give you a nice little blowjob and it'll all be better." Okay, blowjobs may work on me, but I wouldn't be a very interesting character for a story. Neither is the husband here.

All told, what should have remedied a glaring defect in the original only expanded the chasm. Now we don't have one shallow character; we have two.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 14 years ago
As the author stated, it's another look at a previously writen old situation

Firstly I think the story is very well writen and edited very nicely, but the story still didn't give any closure to the couples situation.

We still have been left to decide whether they will work out their problem or split up.

The husband has issues with her infidelity, but he also knows he has been living a lie for more than 20 years.

If her lover had lived, would she have stayed with her husband, or dumped him in order to be with the exciting sex partner, her lover? That's the blade that has been twisting in her husband back, and she just keeps twisting it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
hmm...

well at least it was better than the original story. because that was the problem, the wife was sorry hubby was in pain but not sorry for fucking him over and betraying him so terribly. she didnt know how long the affair would have lasted my ass! she would have kept them both until hubby found out.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
TO aPeacefulPlaceTX: the problem with your analogy is that OHIO's story LONG AFTER THE FACDT also sucks Moose balls

dude Most of OHIO's stories are fucking dreadful -- not all but MOST-- and his story LONG AFTER THE FACT is a classic case.

In that stoy after losing an unborn baby the wife pulls away from the husband and has 2 month summer affair at school where she worked.

In the first 2 pages of chapter 1 ...OHIO has the wife ....her best friend and ....her therapist assert SEVERAL times that it was a good thing NOT to have confessed her affair to the husband.

and in every instance the reasoning was the same... to spare the Husband pain.

anyone with a fucking brain knows that is bullshit . For an author to write that a therapist actually thinks it is GOOD for wife to fix the marriage by using ANOTHER lie -- thru Omission -is LAUGHABLE.

even worse in that story is that the real truth never comes out. The wife's depression then her affair and funny behavior at home took away the husband's chance to grieve for the dead unborn baby.

THAT is why the wife never told her husband. S he was NOT in anyway interested in sparing him any pain.

LynnGKSLynnGKSalmost 14 years agoAuthor
Author Response

The story clearly indicates that the therapist has (at the end of the story) only gotten the couple in a position to BEGIN therapy after they percolate for a month. Therapy could not begin with the wife in denial (I did nothing wrong). Once she admits what she did was wrong - not innocently falling in love - then the therapist can begin work on helping the husband to heal and helping the wife pay her debt by helping her husband to heal. The "kick her to the curb" crowd may be right that in the end he cannot heal by staying with her or they may be wrong in that she will help him so much that he tries to stay a while with her. The excellent and touching story by Ohio gives one type of ending (her infidelity, of course, is mitigated by clinical depression) but in that story the wife was seduced while mentally ill - quite different from a wife unable to do what marriage demands that partners do, that is stick in there and work to keep the marriage going.

Infidelity by a wife presents an interesting story line and there are a number of good ones still unwritten. I'd like to see a story by some of the "kick her to the curb" people that followed what happens to the husband's life after he does exactly that (maybe adding a couple of kids to make it interesting).

Another important issue not well dealt with is that infidelity by the husband seems to be viewed differently by Society - and don't you shouters say I'm wrong. But why does society think it's different? I suspect that even women think it's different. I plan to do a think-piece on that when I get back from a vacation in France. The bottom line on that may be that there is never any doubt who a child's mother is, but the question of the father has always been in doubt and perhaps this has led society to evolve stronger standards of behavior on women.

Lynn

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
another dumb fuck post from the cunt with chip on her shoulder

lynn the whacko wrote

Another important issue not well dealt with is that infidelity by the husband seems to be viewed differently by Society - and don't you shouters say I'm wrong. But why does society think it's different?

Bill clintom impeached over a sexual affair.... almost never got elected in 1992 of another

John Edwards.,... who cheated a brillanrt sick with cancer wife and is now universally hated.

Gary hart forced to drop out in 1988 when he was odds on favorite to be the next POTUS

Gov sanford of SC

new Gingrich

Ted Kennedy whose negligence killed a woman in 1972

and on and on and on....

yet LynnGKS actually argues that with men husbands cheating society gives them a PASS or there is some sort of double standard

folks if that comment does not prove LynnGKS is a fucking whacko nothing will

FireFox59FireFox59almost 14 years ago
O.K.

In the story this is based on I agreed that the husband should not kick her to the curb. Even though I had some serious problems with what she did years earlier. But her loyalty to the husband over the years since her lover died convinced me that he should keep her.

I tend to agree with Lynn on how society views cheating husbands. They are viewed differently. I personally feel cheating husbands are no different than cheating wives. You broke the vows you took, show your disrespect, and humiliate your spouse by cheating on them.

whatever2258whatever2258almost 14 years ago
Better but still not there.

I liked this story much more than the original. but in real life I believe a small percentage of marriages make it when there is infidelity by either partner. once trust is gone the marriage is over. that is just reality.

radkradkalmost 14 years ago
Mutilation is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery

I got the title of this comment from a song by Marilyn Manson, who probably says what I’m thinking a lot better than what I’ll say here. Maybe you should read the song’s lyrics. And note that I gave credit to him/her.

First I want to thank you for being pissed off enough to write another version of my story. My intention was to evoke an emotional response and it worked. I don’t take personal offense but I do believe like a couple others that said that you took a hop, skip and a jump over the invisible ethics line. I did have another writer ask me if they could do an alternate ending and I politely said no, and they didn’t. There is no violation of Copyright law here but in college we were held accountable if we plagiarized someone else’s work. There isn’t any jury here except your peers. But I do feel that as writers we’ve got to feel free enough on this website to create our stories without fear of someone else pirating our ideas and crapping all over them. You wouldn’t want someone taking one of your stories and changing it all around until it doesn’t say what you intended.

As to the story itself… I’m not sure you really read my story let alone understood it. From all the comments I got back only a few did, so you aren’t alone. However, you took a story that had more to do with love and forgiveness and giving than screwing and turned into another piece of cliché Loving Wives cookie cutter dribble. And if it wasn’t banal enough, you used the most overused word in the genre “cuckold”. As for the characters and the writing style read everybody else’s comments: I only found three grammar errors in it, but then what do I know?

Lastly, for someone that says they’ve gone through a divorce I’m surprised that you don’t understand the issues and emotions that come up when the possibility is staring you in the face, at least it didn’t come out in this story. NOTHING is as black and white as you make it. EVERYTHING is a grey area. And it’s difficult to write with grey ink.

Please be a bit more considerate of others next time.

radk

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoalmost 14 years ago
What's to understand?

she was unfaithful because she was a slut. Sorry, but it was pretty black and white. I though this was a better job than the original with her idiotic and self centered belief because she was in love with her lover it was ok to cheat. Sorry, it wasn't cheating because she still loved her husband. What a crock of shit. After 20 years I would have had a bigger problem with her attitude than the original cheating. Hell, if nothing else she lied for 20+ years! But not bad, better resolution than the first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
You seems to be in the same place as the wife ...

She thinks she did nothing wrong .... you obviously think you did nothing wrong in ripping off the original author with no credit or permission.

I'm sorry but you ethic's are in the toilet over this regardless of the content of the story if you didn't have permission you shouldn't have written it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Excellent

I love it when a different author takes on a story previously posted and gives it their own twist/slant/point of view. I enjoyed this and gave it an excellent rating because I think you got it right. I know of more than a few real people that this happened to. I would be very interested to see how you get them back together and get her husband over what has happened to him.

As the story points out, they don't have childred to rear and money isn't the issue, so why stay.

Simple49erSimple49eralmost 14 years ago
Marvelous number

of comments. Clearly this story raised the hackles of a number of readers including myself. I just read the authors defense (appologia) to some of the comments and have to further comments. The end of the story does not clearly show that there will be further counseling. Her argument is that the wife has finally figured out her "mistake." Neither of those is CLEARLY stated at the end in the mix of the husband's and wife's back and forth with the counselor not in the middle but hovering in the outskirts pleased at her supposed accomplishment. Second, the rant that society views men's cheating differently than women's is correct. Men are treated worse and with the greatest disdain. Modern divorce punishes men when the wife cheats: California is the perfect example. IN Texas, the laws go in the other direction too far and does hurt women. But in the middle, men too often are cut off from their children, pay exorbitant allimoney,and that is because of societies stereotype that even a cheating wife is a better choice for a mother than a faithful husband. I am beginning to suspect that this unconscious motivation explains why her male characters are always so unmale. I would love to hear what the heck she thinks makes a man a man for her. I believe men should be sensitive, loving, caring, faithful, supportive, work for equality in the relationship, communicate, and try their best to help the partner, wife, achieve what she needs to achieve to be happy in the limits of the marriage. It would seem that in her "world" that women do not have to do the same thing for the husband. Oh boo-hoo, I was bored and needed excitement and I do not need to tell my husband this, just go off and have good time without him and let him work his ass to support me. She never got that. Men who cheat are scum. Women who cheat are scum. That is what society says. And women take advantage of that. Where I live, women ALWAYS do better in the divorce. Yes, more men cheat than women. But if you follow statistics, in the last 25 years the rate of wifes caught cheating or admitting to cheating has been rapidly catching up with men: they hyprocracy of women who act as if few women would do this is amazing. Admittedly on this site, stories rarely deal with cheating men who are punished; cheating women are nailed often here: why? Because more men seem to write these stories and also seem to be passionate about how much they dislike cheating (with exception of those who are exploring their ambivalent feelings about the topic like JPB). The author's interest in cuckolding is interesting as her stories are again about weak men and selfish women. The weak men suffer, the selfish women flourish. In that world men are hateful and the women disgusting and in her essay she defends her right to write these stories and I agree: keep writing and doing what you clearly enjoy: yanking the chains of those who do not like these stories and keep reading them: we all get it. So be happy, author. You have people reading and reacting: some over the top, some very thougtful, and some who would like to see you try something else to stretch your talent. (PS: could not resist the little rant myself)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
BNB may be funny; but, harryinVA is hilarious...

I think you were wrong to re-write w/o permission. That being said, I think the story was interesting though unresolved.

Lynn you may have some issues w/ men, but it pales to HarryinVA. He needs counseling and anger managment at least- and perhaps institutionalization w/ electroshock therapy (if they still had it). Dude (HarryinVA), you need to mellow out. Lynn is not attacking you personally; therefore, try responding in kind.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 14 years ago
Unfortunately, I agree with others about plagiarism . . .

This story was fairly good until the end, where the reader is left hanging. But I do feel that getting the author's permission would have been the right thing to do. I think a statement to the effect that you regret you made a mistake in writing a sequel without explicit permission from the author would go a long way in getting many readers to forgive you. After all, no one is perfect. Maybe you just couldn't find the original in order to give credit to it. Maybe you didn't realize the conventions relating to sequels. I would assume that you would not enjoy someone's writing a sequel to one of your stories without obtaining your permission . . .

torchthebitchtorchthebitchalmost 14 years ago
I thought it was well written.

I don't think I read a the story referred to. And I'm not all that sure that there are not a number of stories with a similar concept that might have provided the basis for her idea, so I regard this in it's own right. I took it that the story was being told by the counsellor and so it is her POV. On that basis I think it stands up. She is relaying what she sees as the reactions of the couple. As for the ending, I think she is suggesting that was the end of her involvement with them and that the next item on her calendar was another couple with problems of fidelity. Another drain on the counsellors emotions.

I think some readers project their ideas onto a story without trying to read what the writer is trying to say.

thebulletthebulletalmost 14 years ago
pretty well done

One would think that this was pretty much what was needed to answer the questions left open by the previous story that was posted a few weeks ago. Lynn has taken that story and turned it around by changing the POV to the therapist, and made it more understandable.

Of course a misogynistic jerk like Harry could never understand a story like this. His first reaction is; Lynn is a man-hater. Why? Because she came up with some of the truths missing in the previous story?

Lynn may have hit it right on the button. Because the lover was killed in mid-affair, so to speak, his 'relationship' with the wife was frozen in time, never to change in the wife's memory. It never had a chance to grow stale. She held on to the memory of a perfect love, when what she really had was a pretty good affair with no commitments and none of the injections of real-life reality to bring it into its proper perspective.

Actually, it's the obvious answer. Anyone should have seen it in the previous story - but I certainly didn't. The affair never had a chance to take its natural course: acquaintance, flirting, romance, hot sex, good sex, and then the eventual wind-down to boredom.

My problem with this is: the affair took a very long time. Was it two years? In an affair-time, that's a long time. Usually by then the blush has worn off the rose.

Still, I'm willing to buy Lynn's premise. Why do the misogynists on this site always feel the need to pass moral judgment on the wife's actions rather than passing judgment on the quality of the story?

In fact in this story, there still is not a final resolution in terms of the marriage. We are left in the air about whether the husband can come to terms with the wife's infidelity or not.

What we are given is an understanding of WHY. Why did she do it? Why did she keep the letters? Why did she think she still loved the boyfriend 20 years later?

Those questions annoyed me about the first story. And this story resolved those question to my satisfaction, at least.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
There Was Never A Question

It was sinply a three year suck and fuck with no strings attached, just fun for them and hell for him. I couldn't let it go, I would move on, thats my problem with both stories, this I was in love with two guys was always a load of crap, they were looking for a affair and found one, all the I love you bullshit was just that, said so they could think it was more than it was, a cheap affair. The fact that she would do this with a good marriage and a young son and no remorse, shows she is not the woman she pretended to be, marriage was a sham, thats why he moves on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Both Radk & LynnGKS versions stink!

Point #1 - LynnGKS should not have plagiarized Radk's story without permission.

Point #2 - Harry's analysis is typically 99% correct, as it is in this pathetic ending of this effort. Granted, his response is usually very direct but he knows when a "spade is a spade" and anyone reading the balance of Lynngks's cluck stories will see a man-hater underneath the surface. Notice the similarities of plot devices between Nici/Angie and this author - that's a whole lot of man hating going on.

As a majority of these stories demonstrate [including DSQ's current effort with the famous slut wife, Debbie] the females are consistent as self-centered sluts and pretty much get away with cheating every time with little to no consequences. This is due to the fact that the male characters in those author's stories are typically wimps or clucks with no balls. The king(s) of cluck stories are MattM/Britease and JPB - but one knows that if you open one of their stories, you will consistently get that type of dog shit plot and wimp/cluck characters. Debra & Wayne

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
It stinks!

Well since I took the day off I get to come in late.

As far as the story. I read the comments after reading your version of an ending and was dismayed that you didn't get permission! That is a big NO-NO!

Why do you hate men so much?

So I am going with Harry on this one! Everything except the name calling!

Sorry!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
to the idiot THEBULLET

read these words S L O W L Y...

3 years is NOT an affair. it is a whole new and seperate life.

who givis a shit whether or not the wife had the time to enjoy the natural cycle of an affair?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
At Least This Story Showed The Affair For What It Was.

After reading the first author's comments I wondered if he really read his own story. The husband was a cockold, he was betrayed, lied to, and was not her first choice. The concept she did nothing wrong, they just accidently fell in love and she still loved her husband the same is the biggest bunch of bullshit I ever read. As long as she thought that way I wouldn't even be around her, let alone go to therpy or any thing else. He made the husband weak, scared, wimpy and a cockold, hated that part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Good Luck

He is never going to get rid of the dirty pictures and he is totally depressed that she carried the feelings for 20 years...he has been used and abused - even if what she says is true, she really does love hubby.

By the way, not once did she attempt to talk to hubby in those early years, she nurtured the affair and allowed it to happen as a love affair. She knew she was a cheater and a whore but better to have innocently fallen in love.

Yes, hubby can figure all this out, the time to avert the destruction of this marriage was when she was still just having lunch - but then- no forbidden, exciting sex to break the monotomy!

This guy will spend the next years in hurt, pain and agony...sorry!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
PLAGIARISM !!!! I think you owe the original author a public apology...

I must add my comments to the other posters who have commented on your poor choice to even write this story in the first place.It is terribly bad for someone who wants be taken as a writer to rip off someones original without permission from them. Regardless of why,what or how you did so you deserve censure for that act.

Your story might have been the best story ever written but will always be tainted by your actions as a plagiarist and your failure to acknowledge and apologize to the original author even after he let it be known publicly that he was unhappy.

I agree with other posters and the original author that ethically you are obviously in deep deficit on this issue. How you decide yo respond to that will tell us more about you as a writer and a person then any fictional tale you could muster.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
Too bad to score!

Ole Hawkeye nailed it again. There is no score lower than zero. Disgusting cheaters and sorry-assed, wimpy, cuckolds just ain't my thang!

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 14 years ago
I agree with Harry.

Sad. One bright note tho... The therapist got a new BMW from the fees they paid!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
DUMB

Turn the skank over to some rag heads---they will stone the whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
"But, I still see dirty pictures in my head."

He always will. Mo matter what excuses and explanations his wife gives him, he always will. This marriage is dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
STUCK IN JUNIOR HIGH?

Seems like nothing was really solved and both husband and wife never got out of Junior High. Pussy whipped 16 YO Boy to steady GF: "I saw you with another guy in a car Saturday nite." 16 YO Girl: "It was Just Some Dates. You never take me anywhere since we've been going steady. And Girls Just Want To Have Fun, you know." BF:"Some dates? I'm jealous. I keep imagining you with him. Where did you go." GF: "The drive in several times. We had a REASONABLE TIME. WE HAD FUN." BF: "OMG. Drive in. 'Reasonable! Fun!' I can't stop imagining you two doing what we do at the drive in." GF: "I'm free, white and 16. It was just a date (so I'm not sorry). You've been so busy lately. I was bored. He bought me bubble gum and root beer floats like you used to. He had his Dad's Caddy but crashed it so I won't be seeing him anymore (since he doesn't have that nice car). You need to get over it. If you don't accept this you won't get a chance at these beauties anymore." She looks down at her well filled sweater. Pussy whipped BF: "Oh, OK" (and you brought those puppies back to me). I mean, except for the need for "Therapy," how far has this really come since Junior High??

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Statute of Limitations

Read the original story. Did not like the ending. Dont really like this one either. Joan never gets it that there is no way to give two people 100%, somebody is getting cheated and it is Richard. Lots of other flaws too but that would require a complete editing of the original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Whore wife / Stupid Husband ........

....... why you say .... because she betrayed her family ( yes family - husband & son ) and admitted if her "partner in crime" had not been killed she would have continued fucking him. ***Question*** - Are all women this fucking stupid when they cheat ... unable to see the damage she is inflicting on her husband, on her marriage & on her family with her betrayal. Using your female character from the story, the answer is obviously YES!! So ...explain to your readers why you think her husband, who has already had a serious reaction to an event that happened 20 years ago, would even remotely consider taking this unfaithful, lying, cheating SLUT ( yes, slut ) of a wife back? Once a cheater always a cheater! Seeing a marriage counselor to try and save her marriage after not only what she did but then admitted to her husbands face make no sense! Rethink your ending!!!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 13 years ago
Goood!

This story is superbly written! It doesn't have a complicated plot, but really good reading. I thought it logical and realistic. I gave it a 5!

huedogghuedoggabout 13 years ago
lets get real

it's a good story, but not realistic. People get divorce all the time leave the bitch. And the "Statute of Limitations" isnt ovet till your dead

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

small wonder that the Americans are imbeciles!! The woman deprived her family of herself for three years and fucked someone else without any feeling of guilt. She doesn't feel any remorse. Just a whore in my books. Hard to believe she didn't continue recreational fucking after the poor fuckers death. The husband needs to wash his brain to get rid of the pictures.

tazz317tazz317almost 13 years ago
ANOTHER BELATED WIMP

ALTHOUGH HE DID ATTEMPT TO DISASSOCIATE HIMSELF FROM HER, HIS HEART WASNT IN IT. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Just caught this pathetic tale and ....

why wasn't this slut kicked to the curb so he could get a fresh start with someone who understands the concept of fidelity? Instead, this wimp will keep the damaged goods under his roof till she cheats again - what a sucker indeed.

kharrismakharrismaover 12 years ago
I Feel Your Pain....

My wife has slept with seven different men over the course of our 39 married years (most of it occurred over 25 years ago, but one continued until relatively recently.) She won't talk about it, won't me why. She, too, insists that she loves me. Funny way of showing it, to my way of thinking. I've never cheated on her. Of course, in the absence of any factual information, one tends to assume the absolute worst. Time has not healed these wounds; they hurt as though it were yesterday. At 58 years old and disabled, there's not much chance of starting over; guess I'm stuck with it. I'd still like some answers.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
this story is why marriage couseling and therapy are BS

look it's plan and simple, she a slut and he's a moron. Kick her ass out and move on with you life. starting over is fucking easy, you don't want to be alone get a mail order bride. fuck this slut and get a life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Poor Kharisma. What a fucking life.

Huedogg surpasses himself. But you know what? Since I discovered he's a nigger I like him.I know his black boys would blow me away on a bleak scuffed up grey dusky night here in Baltimore, if they had a chance, and the song remains the same. I still think he's blowin' xJDx. I don't blame him though, we should all love a mong.

Boy do I miss Harry,

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
wow another comment from some back woods redneck asshole

I love it when anon asshole like you makes a racist comment, just goes to show some black man fucked your grandmother and that the reason your grandfather taught you how to be the inbred slime that you are. I'm sorry your grandma, aunt and mom are all the same person. But life goes on and you should know it against the law to marry your sister/aunt/cousin.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
#2 WHEN ONE GIVES WILLINGLY TO ANOTHER

what isnt to be given or shared. Pain has to ensue. TK U MLJ LV NV

SirDuctionSirDuctionalmost 12 years ago
GIVE HER A BREAK

Married men fuck around all the time, they will fuck any pussy that is put on a plate and only find these high moral standards when their wives do the same. Look, she was bored out of her tree, her life was shit, and she wanted a bit of excitement and romance. Her husband had stopped supplying it. Along comes this attractive bit of cock, tells her he loves her, she is thrilled to bits, thighs open up, cock goes in, game over.

rixelsrixelsalmost 12 years ago
Statute of not enough Limitations

She claims that she gave 100% to both men when she was with them. She also says that her lover was exciting just like her now boring hubby was when they were newlyweds. Sounds like she was up for excitment with her lover, but would drag her tired ass home to housework, childcare, cooking, and would occasionally throw her husband a bone. Didn't it say in "Statute of Limitations" by radk that before the lover moved out of town that the wife was having more sex with the lover than with her husband? It doesn't sound like a 100/100 split to me. She also spent money to be with and travel with her lover. With the amount of time the lovers spent together it was a lot of time and money that her family was deprived of. During this time she couldn't take vacation time with her family because she had used it all to spend with her lover at conventions and on getaways. In radk's tale the wife was a little chubby for most of the 30 years of the marriage, except for the years when she was having the affair. Her husband loved her no matter what she looked like, but she lost weight to please her lover and gained it back when the lover died. I know the husband really loves his wife and wants her back, but why not make her lose 20 pounds before she gets to come home?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Neither Works

"Statue of Limitations" by Radk

Thanks to the previous commenter for pointing this as the original story mentioned by the author.. It's in the "Romance" category if anyone is interested.

Wife cheated with someone in a three year affair which ended when the other cheating asshole was killed. He was married also. Years later the husband by accident finds an old cosmetic case containing old pictures and love letters between the cheating pair. Turns out she actually got into great shape during the affair (as she was a little overweight) and upon the death of her lover she stopped her conditioning and gained her weight back. The husband didn't care about weight and he referred to this time as her "babe" period.

Fast forward twenty years after the lover's death. Husband finds the case and is furious and heartbroken.

Both tales have the couple going to a shrink for counseling and both tales have them reconciling. Here's my problem.

Twenty years or twenty days. She was a cheating wife slut sleeping with another cheating husband jerk-off. I would have cut my losses for the rest of my life, gotten a divorce for the reason of adultery and taken everything. She wanted him, she's got him. I don't care if he's dead or not. Fuck her.

It just pisses me off that she was cavalier about loving two men. Now she can love just one. THE DEAD ONE. Fuck her again.

Just one man's angered opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
traitor

he smoked a bulbous cock, his cornhole reamed, betrayed!

SirDuctionSirDuctionalmost 12 years ago

The reviewers who get so worked up about these stories are not living in the real world. Cheating is a fact of life all around us and fuming at it will not change it. Most of you moaners, men and women, are CHEATING on your spouses by secretly visiting this site behind their backs to masturbate to the stories Lynn and other authors provide FREE OF CHARGE for your pleasure. You lot are the real cheating shits. Ask yourselves one question. Does your spouse know you are here and what you are doing and how you get off reading the stories here you cheating heaps of shit. Why do you come here and read these stories, which you get for nothing? It is because you are bored like the woman in this story, sexually deprived by your spouses and looking for something exciting to get off to. CHEATERS by any definition.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Cheaters need to be divorced

To forgive a cheater gives them permission to continue they betray your trust, disrespect you, and take away the loyalty of the relationship you cant repair that and those that believe they can forget or allow it are fooling themselves i would kick her ass out. I had a cheating wife and two kids she said it was just sex and i told her it was just a divorce it didn't mean anything so get over it, that is the last argument we had.

DiatamonDiatamonover 11 years ago
good

Well written and very enlightening. I have started to follow your work with great interest. I feel perhaps these stories may better me as a future husband. To keep life "exciting". Good writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good story

And to the asshole who defends cheating. Go Fuck yourself! Some of us enjoy the stories and good ones suck us in and we respond. That is human. Unlike those who complain about other people's comments. You should get a life and bug off. Great writing. and about the story. If I were hubby, I could not live with a selfish lying woman. She was bored, well what about him. He worked his add off and was dedicated to his wife. Maybe she was the boring one, but he loved her did what all faithful spouses do man or woman, stayed loyal. That is what love is. If she truly loved her husband, she would have talked to him about it and they could have worked on it together like loving couples do.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
#2 WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FIND OUT

your a number 2 in your relationship and #1 is still around, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This whole story was so one sided, and there was no real conclusion to it. You say you didn't like how a story ended once and decided to write this? Why, you didn't finish it, did you get bored with it or just happy it was all on the wife's side? So far as we can see hubby is still a wimp, hell she told him he was boring, he just sits there and takes it? 1*

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 11 years ago
Well, Anonymous, that's because this story is in the slice of life genre

Sometimes, in real life, we never find out what happened next.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Fuck the cunt

This is from a story on this site called "statute of limitations" or something like that. The whore loved another man she gets fucked over now none of this why shit just divorce her. Actually I am writing a 3 story set based on the original story but it is currently over 60,000 words and I put it down and come back to it to rewrite it.

But without compete penance by wife she gets fucked over big time. This whore still does not get it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Yes thank you cantgetlaid

now shut the fuck up nobody cares what a pedophile thinks.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
It appears

That anon still has issues with no longer being able to eat his brothers shit off his daddy's cock. None of my characters ever have sex with children. But for your information under Islamic law a girl of nine can have sex. In GB and a number of other European countries the age is 16. In some. States the age to marry and have sex is as low as thirteen. Get over yourself you will just have to be satisfied with drinking your mothers piss from her vd infected cunt.

Damn I love to play the dozens.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not a bad read...

...the ending is uncertain, as some things in life are.

Some of the comments serve only to showcase the commenters' lack of education and/or their ignorance. One affair does not a 'slut' make.

When one is young, decisions may be made that might have been made differently with age and experience. Sometimes, one is blinded to the bigger picture and can only see a smaller vision colored by emotions, something different offers an escape from perceived reality.

20 years of a good marriage after a single transgression, should that be simply thrown away without due consideration of the good that followed? I think not, water under the bridge and all that. Throwing it all away due to a knee-jerk emotional reaction to an event that occurred 20 years previously would be childish and immature, that some commenters would suggest this to be the proper course of action shows their own immaturity.

VickieTernVickieTernover 11 years ago
Terrific

Simple, sensible, and remarkable for that very reason!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
only a woman

would say this is good outcome or a cuck - they seem to stick together. how about get the fuck out of my life you cheating whore?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
was there a meaning to this

it went no where did nothing possibly a prelude to a story

how do you get rid of twenty years of lies and deceit, you throw the trash out

dont divorce that cost money just leave

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Quite realistic at least to a point

It was most interesting for me to follow the way the counsellor guided the couple along for insight. However, the heroine of the story is a deeply flawed person and feel she isn't being held to task for her abhorrent behavior. For a mother and married woman to put herself in a one on one position with a younger man for over a period of two months and then to start a frenzied illicit affair performing many things that she was not doing with her own husband who she professes that she loved,

Pretty obvious that her behavior outside of wedlock was very immature and naive.

For her to pretend she was in love with this younger man and to also be in love with her husband is probably more little girl fantasy. Then to allow this to go way too long until he is killed in a car crash is extremely determental to her marriage and her family but the little princess can't stop performing in the soap opera of her own making. Best out come is a division of the assests and move on separately

cpetecpeteover 11 years ago
Good companion story to the orginal.

I felt this was a fine "follow up" to the orginal tale. The author got the wife character to "see" what the affair was about. That I felt was the writers prime goal.

The ending was left open-did they stay together?(Many posters have listed 20 year marriage, one and done, water under bridge) as good reasons not to seperate. Other posters want hubby to move on (disrespect, once a cheater, etc.). Yet the tale did not give a hint on what the future held.

I felt Lynn did a good job on this story and while the orginal story author, rdk may be upset (as is his right)-one should be flattered his work had such an impact others wished to embrace it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

catphan8catphan8over 11 years ago

I usually hate your cuckold crap as it's disgusting but I have always thought you write well. You did a really good job with this one! 5*

TheThinker45TheThinker45over 11 years ago
I good turn deserves another......

Here's to what happens next, the Husbands only 50yrs old he has three (3) years to make it happen start using that FREE PASS NOW. start an affair tell his cheating wife he still loves her and go for broke. get that young woman that make him feel young again and forget about working and his child and his wife and all the stress of a marriage. i know it's a story but why get married when your only going to cheat. And not respected the VOWS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Here's a

bullet to the head! How's that for excitement? Bitch!

nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
Here we go again...what the hell is going on?

FINISH THE FUCKING STORY!!!!!!!!!!

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Interesting

Well written. Good story. However, all the weight is dumped on the victim of the selfish bitch. Sure, he didn't know about it for twenty years but once he found out he was married to a selfish sociopathic bitch it is time to go. In how many other ways did she cheat on him? Financially? Betraying his trust with her friends? Cheaters don't just fuck around on you, they usually fuck you over.

Lee2012Lee2012about 11 years ago
Where do your talents...

end?

Author of erotica, stand up comedienne, sex and sensuous... Damn, wanna get married?

Didn't thinks, but at least I tried. 8-P

Lee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
She DID enjoy her affair.

The other guy died. If not, she said she would have kept cheating for years longer. Her keeping and rereading his sex letters- and getting turned on; shows that her affair was still going on in her mind and in her fantisies. I very much doubt ANY guy could live with that. Boot the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Say what???

" I just believed I did because if I didn't, it would make me a whore. And I didn't want to be a whore."

Excuse me Lynn ... she fucked another man who wasn't her husband which means she already is a WHORE ... and a Cheat ... and a Liar ... and "wonderful" role model to her child ... NOT ... and I could go on and on and on ..... So excuse this readers if they doesn't get this pathetic attempt to explain her whoring herself out to another man.

"CHEATING WIVES ARE THE LOWEST FORM OF LIFE!!!"

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
Couple things

First, it was a well written story and giving the emotional turmoil the counselor went through was interesting to read. I thought this was a unique way to present both sides. I have always liked your stories but did enjoy this one.

I don't believe that the husband would give in this easy though. The fact she continued for three years and admitted that it would have continued should have hit I'm harder. Telling him he was boring had to have been an ego bruiser as well, especially since they had only been married a few years themselves. And the fact she kept memorabilia that he continued to read years later indicates that the affair is not emotionally over. Now that she has had her "revelation" can she start to really and truly end it? Perhaps, but why would he want to put himself through that.

I cannot imagine he didn't suspect something at the time of the accident. Surely she was an emotional mess at that time. She really needs to try and understand how much she did leave her husband every time she had a liaison with the lover. Something rationalized but seldom acknowledged.

I do not believe that someone this shallow had only one affair. As much as people are moaning about a lack of ending I personally believe you failed to address why this did not reoccur later in her life.

Lastly, he needs to have an affair of his own with her full knowledge. Maybe she will begin to understand his pain and lack of trust. If he finds the new woman more to his liking then so be it, at least he will have an easier time building trust and she would get what she really deserved in the end.

Longer than I intended but while it was a good read it also struck a chord with my sensibility.

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
Wow

This story brought out the psychopath commenters. My guess is that it is more about the author than the story.

About plagiarism and this story, if it were a crime to write your own version of a story you did or didn't like then half or more of the authors here would be fined or jailed. Get a grip! Think about where you are reading these stories. Holy cow, some of you seriously need to reevaluate your life and priorities.

I thought it interesting how some of the normal BTB crowd marked this as a favorite story. The read the story and not who wrote it first.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous