A New Dawn Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At eleven Susan's mobile chirruped and she was on it in a split second. She recognised Doctor McDougals deep bass voice.

"Mrs Parker, Hamish McDougal, just to let you know Harry's out of surgery, and will remain sedated for tonight, you can visit, but he's going to sleep for at least the next ten hours. The surgery was a success and Harry should last a good few years more. Can I suggest you wait til tomorrow morning now, say about ten'ish. I can then check him over before that and make sure he's comfortable and ready to see your lovely smiling faces."

Susan could feel the grin down the phone and it was infectious,

"Thanks Doc, you're a lifesaver, literally. We'll be there at ten. Thank you."

"You're welcome, if we need to let you know any changes we'll phone again, OK?"

"Yes perfectly and thank you again, from all of us."

Perdy and Lizzy looked expectantly at her, Susan grinned and held her hands up.

"He's fine, sleeping, Doc says it was a success, but they will keep him out until tomorrow morning, we can see him after ten. Doc's going to let us know if anything changes."

"Oh Thank God," Lizzy clasped her hands together. Perdy grinned and hugged Susan.

"Right better let Ola and Josip know what's happening."

Susan pressed the speed dial number into her phone and waited. After two rings Josip answered. He confirmed all was well there, all the children were asleep. They wanted to stay together so at the moment Harry and Susan's bed had all seven children arranged in it. Josip listened as Susan updated him and promised to let Ola and Neta know. They had fallen asleep on the sofa, so Josip had covered them in a blanket and was sitting in the armchair by the fire. Susan said goodbye and hung up, then relayed the information to the other two. Satisfied they all pulled their towels off and got into the bed. Susan lay in the middle and soon they were asleep.

They woke about seven thirty and tried to disengage their interlocked limbs. They sat up and rubbed their eyes. Susan ran her hands through her hair. Taking turns they each went to the bathroom, returning to the bed. As Susan came back, Lizzy had her phone to her ear and was grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

"Dad's fine, apparently the elephant dose they gave him didn't work, he woke at six thirty and demanded breakfast. Adele says he's sitting up, the drip and catheter are out. Only the monitors now. He wants to know we're ok and says we're not to worry. Wait.. Dad, yes, hi, yes we're fine. No we are. Yes the kid's are fine. The Jarnewski's are well and wish you better, yes of course, she's here, wait a moment."

Lizzy held the phone towards Susan, who grabbed it and grinned.

"Hi, yes, yes, of course I am, I'm a big girl now, Harry! remember where you are? Yes, yes, yes I look forward to it too, I'll see you later, okay, here she is."

Susan held the phone out to Perdy, who started, and took it from Susan,

"Harry, hi, yes I'm fine, yes I am, I will, how do you feel, good. Now you take care, Kyle and Em send their love, they want to know when they can see you. Good, see you later."

Perdy clicked the phone off and handed it Susan. as she did she shuddered and burst into tears, Lizzy followed, then Susan. Moving together they held each other and cried with relief. It would be a long haul, but they knew Harry Parker would be back and enriching their lives.

12