A Road Well Travelled (By Zombies)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lexavier
Lexavier
21 Followers

It was morning and the sunlight flowed lazily over the tops of the houses when we stepped out the door and barred it behind us; we could always return should things go wrong. We both agreed that should we be separated and we don't make it to the police station, then this would be a second rendezvous.

We were quiet as we wandered down the street, our eyes watching every shadow and corner. Occasionally our hands would meet and a smile would appear as we remembered all the naughty things we did. It was eerily silent, no birds and no zombies, and that more than anything set us on edge.

Zander paused, halting us as he strained his ears. I heard it to, the sound of deathly moans around the next corner. "Stay here, I'll go ahead and have a look, we might have to find another way around." I nodded, although I didn't like the idea of being left alone, if they were that close then Zander could move quicker if he didn't have to worry about me. I handed him my handgun and he crept off at a brisk pace. I waited patiently as he disappeared round the bend.

Minutes passed and he didn't return. Just as I was wondering whether to go and find him, the shuffling scrapes drew my attention. I spun around to see three zombies stumbling towards me. I sighed; of course I'd given away my weapon when I needed it the most. With my options short, I decided on what I thought was the only sensible option. I ran in the direction Zander had gone, but when I rounded the corner all I saw was a lone petrol station surrounded by a horde of the undead.

For a moment I was stunned. Where was Zander? Then it happened so fast it's still a little fuzzy in my memory. To my right, close enough that I thought I could feel the hot sticky breath on the side of my face, a zombie closed. It must have come unnoticed from behind a car or the alleyway. Before I could let out a scream, a single gunshot rang out and the zombie collapsed. I spun around and a figure had appeared in a doorway of the building behind me. I decided I didn't care who it was. I ran for it. As I crossed the threshold, the banging of hands on the wood behind me told me just how close I'd been.

******************************

And that's it really, that's how I made it here. Zander is still out there, I hope he's ok. Sorry I went into more detail than I probably should have, I got a little carried away.

So... where did you come from? What's your story?

Lexavier
Lexavier
21 Followers