All Comments on 'A Study in Scarlet Ch. 02'

by Blue88

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Stupid slut deserves a bullet between the eyes!

An author's challenge - will you use the "reconcillation at any costs" plot line and expose this wimp's true nature or will you define a "non-wimp" story line and allow this poor excuse of a slut-wife to persist? Decisons - decisions! From our perspective, this stupid slut deserves the discreet death sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Comments by others

Having just read the commments above by Anonymous I wonder why some readers are like they are. Its quite evident in the post above and take it as you will.

As for myself I enjoyed the first two installments of A Study In Scarlet. The piece is well written and a enjoyable diversion. Nowhere do I see a "stupid slut" in the story nor any predictable pattern to Blue 88's excellent stories. I suggest a greater effort be made in reading comprehension or perhaps the story triggered a Freudian Slip by Anonymous?

I look forward to more entries on this story.

Don

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Very Good

Dr Watson did spew forth a great deal of venom, but it was justified. Obviously, his wife can handle her liquor. He should sue her law firm for alienation of affection or at least enforcement of any morals clauses that her firm may have in place and have his wife fired. I don't see how they can reconcile, but who knows. And last, but not least, the good doctor should wait from seven to ten years to keep his promise to Moriartary (sp) and dump his remains over the famous falls in Germany like the one in Sherlock's tale.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Intense feelings!

Great job of bringing out the emotions. You used the word visceral ... that's the level this story is felt at!

Kind of a cliffhanger - looking forward towards a resolution - whatever that is.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
if stop talking so must there wouldn't be mistakes

action and not so much talking.you aren't consistant,you punch him for kissing her and not do nothing for him finger fucking her.to much hot air and no action or reaction.now which irene will you be fucking,the wife or the friend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
confused

You really need to decide what his wife's name is. I got a little dizzy trying to keep up. Now don't wimp out again, as you did in the confrontation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
They never should have married in the first place

. . . but judging from what's written so far, I predict they'll stay together. Blue88 has laid the groundwork (misunderstandings, their resentment and sniping at each other, etc.) for this flawed marriage to continue. This couple was thrown together purely for her to fuck up the marriage down the road--it was necessary for a "Loving Wives" plot. I don't empathize with these characters at all. At least there are no children to get tangled up in this mess, thanks to John's sterility. I strongly suspect that by story's end, they'll remain married: these two deserve each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
No worries

In Blues stories hubby ALWAYS comes crawling back. The only way out is if one of them dies.

Talking about detectives there is more to it than borrowing names.

he jumped to the wrong conclusion in the first day. Next day came to the opposite conclusions -Also wrong (he thought they were having sex for six months). And he has no proof for the courts of what he saw.

Until now he is giving her as a good by present his half of the house. Not bad earning for her for short make out. It leaves him with his books. Smart moves detective.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Fast Forward

I am waiting to see Jon/John kicking Moriarity's ass, good. How can Esther/Irene ever convince Jon/John that she went too far that night and only that night but never had sexual relations with Jim. Seems to me like it might be difficult, at best. Quite obviously, if he hadn't shown up when he did she might have been blowing Jim right there. Now I am wondering more how Renee/Irene, Lee and especially Stan will work into the story.

She's got herself in a major pickle!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 17 years ago
Is this a nighmare of the professor's?

We seem to have dual personalities. Esther misbehaves with Moriarty and Irene cries at being caught. Esther's panties are on the table. But John picks up Irene's under garment and takes it with him. In seems there was a huge pile of undies on the table and he sorted through them and got Irene's rather than Essie's! (This Moriarty is very good!) She calls him "paranoid" several times and he says they must "split"! Irene/Esther and John/Jon will split! They will swap mates and be very happy. Holmes will need all his deductive skills to sort this one out! Has Blue gone mad or is he a genius? I will stay tuned to this one! (Where are the hounds?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Confused

I like your stories, but this switch in names has me confused. And I can't enjoy the story like that, sorry. Please edit this story.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
Good so far

Good setup and story so for. Like that you have the husband being a real person with flaws and everything. His jumping to conclusions about the wife's admittedly suspicious behavior is also a good idea. Lets it go either way from here (although you still gotta do the leg work). I really have no idea whats coming. Seems like the wife will have a hard time convincing him she hasnt been screwing around for months. Even if she can convince him that its the first time, does it even matter to him? There is no way he can possibly accept that she wasnt going to screw Jim the night he confronted them.

Thanks for writing and thanks for posting it on consecutive days. Im not a big fan of multi part stories but, if you do have to split things up, its nice that we dont have to wait days or weeks between chapters. That I get impatient should be taken as a compliment though - if I didnt like your stories it wouldnt be a big deal waiting for the next chapter.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 17 years ago
Forgot to mention the names

The Irene - Esther name interchangeability is a mistake that should have been caught but its not the end of the world. Right at the beginning of the first chapter I had to reread things a few times until I figured out what happened (error), but it doesnt even slow a reader down after that. I suppose mechanics count but to me they are second to the story. As long as I can still understand what is going on, I dont much care if a wrong name is used or if a word is misspelled. Just my take - I do know that it does detract from the story for some readers when they see obvious errors.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
If she was NOT having an affair WHY the resentment

RECONCILIATION IS NOT POSSIBLE in this story

Lets get past the name changes problem. If she was NOT having an affair with her old guy Moriarity then the question is WHAT WAS CAUSING HER RESENTMENT?

since the wife does not appear to be insane there must be some cause..

Go back to The original fight scene when they were Engaged!

Not only did John beat the snot out of this guy at the New years ever party ... but SHE was humiliated as well... Her BOSS had to intervene to get Him to comeback and talk to her. Her position in the company... her CHARACTER was also exposed... even after they did get back together and married everyone in the company talked about her for months if not years .

Thus when Jim Moriarity shows back up 6 months ago.. the wife in her head ws\is recalling all those events the public humiliation. Mind you she deserved it all but that is NOT what is going through her head. Part of her thinks that JIM had no right to react the way He did at the party... that she really did NOTHING wrong.

That is REALLY why she did not tell her husband Jim had returned. She wanted the "RIGHT" to have a guy waiting on the side...

The fact that JOHN caught them at the BAR a few minutes before JIM actually fucked her does not mean she isnt cheating. She was going to fuck him we ALL know that. This is NOT a court of law but a marriage. She isnt innocent until PROVEN gulity!!!!

The COMBINATION of these two events... the engagement New Years eve party incident and the scene at the hotel bar has KILLED the marriage.

all readers should react strongly when Blue88 forces his reconcilation edning on us

cageyteecageyteeover 17 years ago
Harry, Harry, Harry

Such bitterness! Do I correctly understand that I'm supposed to write to Blue88 and demand he finish HIS story the way HARRY wants it? Hell, why not skip the middleman altogether Harry and have you write all the stories in the first place?

Hey Blue, I'm interested in seeing how you are planning on finishing it!

Blue88Blue88over 17 years agoAuthor
from Blue88

Sorry about the screw ups - my fault. I really thought that I caught all the errors. My apologies. Part 3 should be out tomorrow - I submitted all 3 parts a day apart. Believe me, I learned my lesson - I will be more careful proofing in the future.

(It really isn't all my fault. Harddaysknight snuck in before I submitted the story and screwed up the names. Jeez, such jealousy!!!!!)

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Another good read from this writer

This woman is not a person of deep emotional morals or in love deeply, but a woman of deep emotional wants. She loves as long as she finds it is what she wants till something more thrilling for the time being is presented. She needs to be desired when she is in the mood no matter what the situation. She has no patients for anything that is not what she wants or wants to hear. She is self-centered and believes everyone should do and be what she requires. She may not have technically cheated but she has set herself as one who will have what she wants when she feels it suits her. No amount of alcohol can make you do what you don’t want to do down deep. It makes it easier to let out some of the subconscious wants like her attraction she already has admitted in her office earlier. She has problems that maybe become controlled if not eliminated with a self understanding but for now she is just going with what she really feels at the moment she wants.

Reconciliation is a two way street and not a blame game. It has to have a basis to build on not an “Oh I slipped up and it won’t happen again.” You have to know why you do things before you can move on to a new outlook. The husband’s actions are NOT a push to adultery but a basis for discussion. The wife’s actions are NOT a deep seated depression but a need she has no control over and doesn’t care to look at.

The wife is a person who has no values she can cling to other then she is intelligent and successful so she must be reasonable in her own mind. Delusion of oneself is no excuse for being self-centered and have whatever we want. There is no excuse for lying to oneself, it is a very lightly held veil of the truth and not defendable. Her past actions meant little to her with Moriarty as she only thought of the grief it would cause her not anyone else to be honest of things. The husband Jon/John would find belief in her to be hard to ever truly feel confident in the future. Where is the guilt in her really, she only lets it be a fleeting feeling as her own happiness is more important then any strife she might have to endure.

All these people can be helped if they truly want to change but that is the real question. Do people really want to change what they feel they deserve and what they are comfortable with just to placate others? How much real pain do we have to endure before we really hate what we are, thus keeping us from honestly giving of our selves? What do we require to become conscience of what we need to make us happy and obtain a real love of ourselves we can then share?

I have to admit it looks like you have set up another reconciliation story, but that opinion really should be held till we see the ending. I like so many know there is a bent for many writers to have an outlook that permeates their work.

Good writing besides the obvious name mistakes. I look forward to how you finish this story which I assume is already in the can, so to speak.

As always Blue thank you for your tremendous efforts. It is entertaining no matter how someone views the moral fiber of this fiction. Everyone has their own bent on how each situation should be handled.

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
wow!

please keep it going.the story is great.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
On come on Cagey Tree I never said That

Cagey tree not even you can be this fucking stupid

I never said in any way that Bluee88 HAS tochange his story so knock it off.

Bur we all know that certain writers tend to favor certain out comes. Other here have said the Blue favors reconilaition at all costs.

He has the right to write his stories anyway he wants. But dont I have the rright to express my opinion?

According to idiots like you NOO.

Dont I have the right to say look the way Blue develops this story these 2 incidents make reocncilation imnpossible?

according to you I have No right to say anything no matter how reasonable.

But if you really think I am saying blue88 HAS chnage his story b/c I said so then I can also make the charge that you think ALL readers can only give great reviews to all stories no matter how good or bad they are

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Just Fine

Love the story.He may have jumped the gun a little,but the intent was there.I don't know many men who hide in closete and other places to watch their wives.Confront them in the open is the way.Please write more.Thanks!

sanman52sanman52over 17 years ago
Was he going to screw her in the bar

Reconciliation is possible if both parties realize that there is enough blame to go around. Sure the wife would have fucked Moriarty if the husband hadn't intervened, but she didn't. A small point but something to consider. Was she unfaithful, most difinititely. Can the marriage be saved, yes if both sides step back and examine what has been going on and their role in what happened.

What I find hard to believe in this story is that the wife and Moriary were only a small step away from screwing in the bar. He had blatantly taken off her panties placing them on the table, and was finger-fucking her while she was jerking him off. He had partially removed her top and was feeling up her breasts. All this in a public place where they could have easily been discovered and either thrown out or arrested. I'm sure that the wife would not have been in the mood for sex if either of these had happened.

How did Moriarty expect to take the next step and get her up to a room so he could have fucked her? Moriarty is either very bad at this seduction thing or a very poor planner. Anyone else would have gotten her drunk first, began kissing her to get her in the mood and then convinced her to go to one of their rooms where the deal would have been completed. To go so far in foreplay in the bar and then to have to take it to another location gives the wife a chance to reconsider after having been so revved up.

Very bad planning!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Interesting story continues

This story by Blue continues and shows nicely the expertise and total command that he has in writing. I am enjoying this story, which will probably become one of the best in the category of "Loving Wives."

Incidentally, who is "Harry" referred to here in the commemts?

Or shouldn't I ask?

RAG

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Not “a study” yet

I wish it could be more of a study in relations, even a study in reconciliation (or the possibility of it). Instead the story so far seems to consist of series of scenes loaded with symbolic props and grand gestures. On the part of the couple it’s mostly emotional outbursts and dramatic gestures. The fiancé’ engages in a public show of drunken lust at the middle of her corporate New-Year’s dance at the strike of twelve – in front of her husband, not with him. More dramatics ensues, like the public fighting and the slap on the face and the dramatic gesture of plucking and crushing of the engagement diamond ring. Fast forward to the “almost” (?) adultery scene. The panties on the table are flagging red alert: adultery in progress. The husband chooses the best dramatic entrance and exit. Intelligent dialogs, on the other hand, are unfortunately at short supply. When we read one it ends before we realize that it took place and the content, well it’s just - superficial. Where is the analytical prowess when it comes to conversation? Where is the deduction when it’s time for the husband to analyze his observations, even in an internal monolog?

Consider for example two VERY different takes on your story, one by peggywitty, the other by Harryin Va. Both present considerations for the dynamics of the relations; thoughts about the thinking that each of the spouses might have had throughout the dramatic scenes you supply. These are two optional reads. Why can’t you give more ‘mind’ to your characters and let them speak for themselves, hopefully intelligently?

The story is yet to earn its full name:”A study…“

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Harry is like a box of chocolates

Gosh, RAG, I thought everyone knew who Harry was. He's your moral conscience, the final authority on what should and shouldn't be written.

Harry hates women in general and has never found a reconcilation story that he likes. Harry's favorite cheer is "wimp" and, like most rednecks, he uses lots of capitals in his postings so you'll know he's yelling at the top of his lungs. Literotica authors have learned to ignore Harry's rants because, as we all know, those who can, submit stories; those who can't, whine about them.

Last but certainly not least, never, ever disagree with Harry else you'll be branded a "whimp" too. He eschews the concept of open-mindedness since, like many people, he finds thinking painful, therefore he doesn't.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled smut channel.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
I have praised MANY GOOD reconcile stories

that fact that some people here are too fucking stupid and cant find those posts are not my problem

Note that this idiot who made the Box of Chocolate post Never actually argues my points nor does the moron Cagey tree.. they just attack me.

My comments were a reasonable assessment of the relationship dynamic betwen the Husband and wife.

It was in no way an attack on Bluee88

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
An Apology and Feedback

Blue:

The Apology: In commenting on Chapter One, I may have impugned your integrity. I proffered that this story may not have been original to you. Please accept my most sincere apologies. You are one of the most respected and talented writers on this site.

The Feedback: As I understand it, almost 20 years have elapsed between incidents: the New Year's Eve party of Chapter One and this latest indiscretion in the bar in Chapter Two. "Esther/Irene" and "Moriarty" have not seen each other for this long and still size up each other as two teenagers would? (See Chapter One, "Esther/Irene's" office meeting) Apparently time has been very kind to these two. "Esther/Irene's" "covert appraisal" of and "slight smile" for "Moriarty" would seem to belie any lesson she might have learned from the embarrassment and following distress experienced on that New Year's Eve past. Her effortless immersion in shared passion and her utter lack of decorum with "Moriarty" in the bar would suggest that she has ceased to give any value to her commitment of fidelity with "Jon/John." What were she and "Moriarty" doing even working together? "Moriarty" has been continually coming on to her and she hasn't complained to anyone? Cozying up over drinks with a man who has exhibited undisguised lust for her hasn't sent up any red flags? Makes one wonder.

And for "Jon/John" this moment seems to be a fulfillment of prophecy since he viewed the two as "lovers" before the fireworks ever started in the booth. His "grim smile" would seem to indicate that he's been waiting for just such an occasion as he witnessed to exact his revenge and extract himself from his marriage. This couple seems to be irreparably dysfunctional.

'Blue,' where do you go from here?

Philip

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
Hooray for john

I was so proud of John hr proved to us that he was no wimp he may have not beat the hell out of the asshole but he set them both straight how he felt .

Atlanta,Ga

ohioohioover 17 years ago
this chapter is excellent

I found this chapter far more intense and gripping than the first one, which moved rather more slowly. The feelings of the confrontation were beautifully done.

Looking forward (of course) to the conclusion!

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Pace was better in this chapter.

I do think the story line is interesting!

It's hard to tell about the ending - could go either way!

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Pathetic

Pathetic. The author doesn’t care enough to keep his characters straight and properly differentiate between the wife (Esther) and the family friend (Irene) which says all about the care he lavished on the story.

A worthless effort.

rvs912rvs912over 17 years ago
Trying to keep the names straight

The story has been very enjoyable, but I am spending too much time sorting the names, especially Esther & Irene. Please go back over the text and resubmit with the correct names, it will make for a much better read.

Looking forward to Chapter 3.

Thanks for taking the time and energy to submit something for our enjoyment.

Cheers

Bob

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Excellent Story

All the proper elements for a fine cocktail feast.

The interesting thing is the large number of negative comments on the board. This is not the overall opinion of the peers, you see the story has 177 votes and an average grade of 4.74 (1% below the best grade given to a loving wife story!) If the 15+ critics who complained in 31 commentaries only gave it a 1, then everyone else had to vote 5! We love this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
super-cuck

takes her back in the end - creampie addiction is a terrible thing

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
Great continuation of the Story

This is a very interesting series.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
TWO WHO REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN VOWS, TRUST AND FIDELITY

after the 1st time they should have heeded, TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loving it

I am truly enjoying the whole Watson-Holmes thing. There is not much she can say to explain her behavior. Five stars.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Hasn't Cheated YET!

Let's see, doesn't tell hubby Jimbo is back in town. Has a good excuse, maybe, but when discovered hurts her credibility.

She KNOWS alcohol messes her up (remember New Year's Eve?) yet drink a bottle of wine and several cocktails with a pussyhound who has made no secret of his desire to screw her.

She wears the sexy underwear she hasn't worn for her HUSBAND!

Yes, she makes some half-hearted attempts to fend Jimbo off, but nowhere NEAR forceful enough.

And it's PAINFULLY obvious that if John wasn't there she would have slept with Jimbo.

kdcee79kdcee79about 9 years ago
good work

Not too sure where you're heading from here on, just hope it's not reconciliation. She cheated, if not completely, then the race was certainly entering the finishing straight.

Unfortunately for Esther, she made some mistakes leading up to this situation, the main one being not telling John about Jimbo's return to the office & it just came back to bite her in the bum in a big way. Great work 5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Beautiful speech!

I loved it because I did it myself once, telling the guy my wife was cheating with, adn yes, he had his fingers in his cunt when I stepped up to their table, that when he least expected it, I'd be there. And when one of us left, the other never would. I made it plain that if he should see me again, he better plan on fighting for his life because my goal would be to take it from him.

My wife chased me home but I locked the doors and put a chair under each one. I had my bags packed and was making a sweep around when she came racing home and pulled in. Not able to get in, she was hysterical and broke the kitchen door window out to move the chair out of the way. I was heading out the front door when she made it in, bleeding all over. I had to stay and call 911 to stop the bleeding, she was cut badly. When they took her away to the hospital for stitches, I left.

She found me about 4 months later in another State. Julie swore she never fucked him, things got out of control while she was drinking. I never responded to her. Never said a word and she followed me around, trying to explain until I finally went to bed and found her asleep on the couch the next morning. I snuck out with only my bags again, this time I went across the country over 2500 miles. So far, she hasn't found me and I hope like hell I never have to look at her cheating face again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Yes very good so far 5*

It saddens me when so many anons seem very bitter people and demand a non reconciliation. Where is the skill in writing a one dimensional conclusion to 'burn the bitch'. That would take one sentence. The difficulty of writing is to find a way to justify a reconciliation or at least an attempt at one. If it fails so be it but not a default divorce please that is so boring.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
good story

I don't know how many different circumstances I've read here, or seen in real life, but some would say that as bad as it looked and was, the deed was not completed. when you take into consideration, that hubby knew how his wife got with some booze in her, and also knew Jim's intent, and character. these two facts should weigh heavily on his course of action.

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
Extremely weeell done!

I believe hubby saw enough "deeds" done. The author has some work to do to convince me reconciliation is appropriate.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

The issue of the scarlet panties is never adequately addressed in the three chapters of this story. There is an epilogue that I have yet to reread, so I can't remember if it gets addressed there. The fact that she brought them on her "business" trip is quite telling. It indicates premeditation on her part. The author either failed to follow up on this tidbit, or made a mistake in interjecting it. It does seem to contradict her protestations. She was saying no, but the alcohol freed her of what she subconsciously desired. She was thinking about him in sexual terms prior to this trip. While she told herself that she would never cheat, she still had the thoughts. Probably why she never told hubby of Moriarty's return, probably why she brought the special occasion panties and brassiere, probably why her panties were soaked . . . Her subconscious had ulterior motives. Don't forget, she went upstairs, presumably, to change into something more comfortable. . . And to very consciously put the scarlet set on. Very telling.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Stupid cunt

Her lying by omission about Jim working with her, her taking sexy undergarments on a trip with Jim, her idiotic reluctance to keep distance between a fucking player she is attracted to knowing he had already fucked up their engagement years ago,....

It all adds up to a stupid cunt that really didn't mind tempting fate and tossing her marriage in the shitter to fuck around.

They both had problems but she is fucking scum.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It's a good story on an emotional basis

And the distance between the couple and the frustration all work .... however,

Jim did everything but strip Esther and throw her up on the table to fuck her. Way, way over the top. I think about halfway through the seduction scene, he would

have taken her by the hand and lead her to his room.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What's In a Name?!

What was up with that Renee/Irene thing? Was Renee a pet name for Irene?Did she have an alias? Stood out and was confusing.Should have been caught when proof-reading!

As far as whether what she did with Moriarity was actually cheating,I suppose if you follow Bill Clinton's standard the answer was NO and he still had a blow job coming.BUT,in terms of a husband witnessing his wife getting felt up,finger fucked, and doing some heavy kissing,I'd have to guess that most would certainly consider it cheating. And WHY didn't hubby step in as soon as he saw the kissing and petting begin?(Since hubby was so intent on getting absolute proof though,I'm a little surprised that he didn't wait to catch his wife getting fucked in the booth! )

It will be interesting to see what happens next as their marriage could dissolve OR they could realize their true,deep love for each other and attempt to go back to the future with their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
two books

Sherlock Holmes and The Scarlett Letter do not make story amymore than it is. Wife intentionally betrays husbands trust and willing works with male she admits makes her panties wet and whom she knows is planning her seduction. Supposedly intelligent middle aged wife allows male to undress her and engage in mutual masturbation in full view of everyone in hotel lounge.

Oh but it she didn't do anything. Not sure when blowjobs, handjobs and finger-fucking became non-sexual events.

I am sure author will find a way to rationalise her betrayal and her adultery but ''IT IS ELEMENTARY, WATSON, YOUR WIFE IS A DECEITFUL ADULTERESS!!''

ejsathomeejsathomeover 6 years ago
Fairly interesting . . .

. . . But your confusion over names is very distracting. One proofread would have solved all of these issues. The pot is fairly interesting, but you really need to get your names straight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
*5 Still So Far So Good

You have let our boy John show some real anger and passion, which too many of the writers of these stories shy away from or they go over the top with filthy language, sexual abuse or violence.

So far you've let John behave and react to the apparent betrayal like a normal guy would.

racfguyracfguyover 6 years ago
The name game...

John - Jon; Irene - Renee;

Damn. Author - get the names straight so I don't get too confused.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Good

Things are moving along. John is showing so e backbone. Esther is awfully dumb to be a good lawyer.

GillotineGillotineover 5 years ago
I thought he was being a pussy, but then he grew some balls

He could have gained access to her room, he's her husband....Waited, catch them or see she never spent the night...

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
She cheated as soon as she went for drinks with him and getting shit faced no excuse

Cheaters caught

Finally got balls as other said

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Strike One

Was the kiss at the company party, Strike Two was the slap. Strike Three was not telling her husband that Moriarity had returned, Strike Four was the trip. Strike Five was the cheating in the lounge... How many chances does this "intelligent" attorney get? One more thing, in the future try to keep the names straight, if you can't how can we? All bitching aside, you do have talent for spinning a yarn. Signed: BTW

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Would really be interesting if we could read about him catching up with Jim again.

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Wifey screwed the pooch, but Hubby helped to set her up for the fall.I loved the little speech hubby gave Moriarty. I hope he crapped his pants.

AlericAlericover 3 years ago
She did it to herself

First, by having dinner with the asshole, second by changing clothes to something sexier, and third by having drinks with asshole. She never should have put herself in that position to be seduced. Just another supposedly smart woman doing the dumbest thing possible. When will they write a female character that can actually see the Charmin?

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

5 stars until the RAAC/CUCK parts...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nanny, nanny, naaaanny...

LWlurker

norcal62norcal62over 2 years ago

BS plot. Inconsistent character for E. Pile on the booze and you have a LW story.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

She’s in deep shit now. I’ve read this a couple years ago, but luckily my memory isn’t that good and I’m enjoying it again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The thing that doesn’t compute is why she would take her sexiest, reserved for a special occasion underwear away with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't get why thr husband doesn't intervene earlier. As soon as he saw the getting fond with one another approach. And bust it up. She will still be ashamed. This letting things play out is bullshit. There is booze, her history with the asshole, scoring the big victory, etc. Anything can happen, even if she isn't seeking an affair l, though yeah the undergarment selection seems quite damning. But my point is if you bust it up you really haven't lost anything. Thr only reason to let it play out is if you don't want to reconcile and want evidence. Confront, shame, fight. You can dig out the truth of how extensive the affair.may have been afterwards. Hire a PI, lie detector test, counseling. But letting her cross to that red line when she is clearly intoxicated and muddled is just dumb. He saw the prior night that nothing happened. Heck he knew rhat they were celebrating. Shit tip thr waitress to find out why they are separating. Have the waitress ask them if they are.married, they seme like a nice couple. That throws water on the passion fire. Show up and confront. Both will shit their pants. You can still divorce her. But now he is forced to divorce her. He lost all ability to shape the events. I see this in too many stories. Just confront. Don't watch it all play out. Yes trust is still damaged but if you prevent it, there is a glimmer you can save thr marriage though tough work. Watch the betrayal and the marriage dies. The payoff off to see her rebuff the asshoke is NOT worth the risk when booze and other factors are involved. A perfect example of that is Law of the Heart where the husband let's two guys cuckold him. Wrf.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don’t hold back the truth. Always tell everyone, immediately! Even if you can’t sue her company, you can embarrass them. Moriarty should have been fired, not just transferred away and then brought back again. With enough bad press, business will learn to not keep assholes around. Make sure family and friends know the truth also. Otherwise they will always blame the man.

ZK

BigDee44BigDee448 months ago

First, you exchanged the names of Irene and Esther two times. John should have asked the waitress what were the drinks that Moriarty ordered. He also must have observed him repeatedly reordering drinks, giving the impression he was trying hard to get her very drunk. He should have suspected from the outset of finding out about the return of Moriarty that revenge could be on his mind.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Anonymous commenter from 11 mo ths ago is absolutely correct: confront, bust it up, he can see that Jim is getting her drunk. He can still get to the truth and choose to divorce her. Instead he just watches it all.play out. Loses all agency. Therr are ways to find out if there was an ongoing affair. This is like watching a car crash in motion and not doing anything about it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous