All Comments on 'A Surprise Love'

by cassie_17

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
damejintymcgintydamejintymcgintyalmost 11 years ago

Bloody hell, Cassie! You made me cry. You had to twist the knife into their HEA. I will recover but might take a while. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Cassy,Cassey.wat can i say.at least they had memorable 12yrs.loved this 1

avidreadravidreadralmost 11 years ago

Loved the story. It was beautiful, even though the ending was a downer. I have no problem with your plot, characters or story flow. However , you might need an editor. I found some misspellings and maybe one instance of a wrong word. Exited, which means leaving a location, was used at least twice instead of excited, which is what you meant. Also, you used the phrase "air of animosity" at a point when I sense you meant a happier emotion. Animosity means dislike or hostility.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hmmmmmm

The ending could use work. Seriously. A 5 star story plummeted down to 3. It's not the subj matter, but the abruptness. A few terse sentences that sound like a diagnosis and then "the end." Sex was good.

chesthairslavechesthairslavealmost 11 years ago
Nice Story if You Want to Cry

Cassie, you cow! Not how I wanted to start a lazy Sunday morning. Now I feel cheated of even a year or two of happy romance. Jerome Kern & Dorothy Fields wrote a clever song in 1936 for "Girl Crazy". Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers sing and dance with sarcasm A FINE ROMANCE in the movie version of "Girl Crazy". Sage & Hawk would do the song justice. Nice story Cassie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
didn't see that comming

Well I for one didn't see that ending comming at all. Very sad,,,,I do hope James (Hawk) makes out ok. over all, I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Loved it despite the ending

Yeah, i know people are bitching and moaning about the abrupt ending, but I like it. Opens your eyes, y'know - live each day like it's your last.

Sex scenes were awesome, and I love the humor in this. :D

But, the lyrics in Numb were messed up. You went from the beginning of Verse 1 to the end of Verse 1. It's: "I'm tired of being what you want me to be... Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface... Don't know what you're expecting of me... Put under the pressure.. Of walking in your shoes... (Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow) Every step that I take is another mistake to you.... (Caught in the undertown just caught in the undertow)". Sorry, I love that song and just wanted to let you know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
well..

the story was ok.

ending kind of sucked; really didn't see it coming - like a slap in the face.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Story good, ending bad

I liked the most of it and liked the after math but the last bit was aweful

Again great story but a bad ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Im on one

I liked this story and was really happy u did sumthin else. U damn near made me cry with the ending but im still waitin on the continuation of ur other story. Tastetherainbow

AerynnAerynnalmost 11 years ago

The story was very nice, but the final bit of the ending was abrupt, gratuitous and totally unnecessary. It looks like you thought your story was somehow lacking something and decided to add those four paragraphs before the last one.

Well, the story was lacking nothing. It was a tender sweet short romance story with hot sex (though a very slightly verbose morning after) and a very nice character development, and if I were you I would consider expanding it into a longer story. That last cancer bit is not only abrupt and ruining an otherwise happy ending (that's not the problem), but it screams "I want to shock my readers but I've ran out of ideas", and makes the story truly lacking of something (oh, "BTW I have cancer" is not epilogue material, you could have gone all the way and put James perspective after his death and it would have been better).

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I really believe you are a good storyteller, I hate to see someone like you ruining his own work like this...

erotikpassionserotikpassionsover 10 years ago
Nice

its a nice and somehow soft story. it sounds kind of hasty to me but its still a good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Like

Sometimes life is like a slap in the face.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
loved it

Made me cry though

OnimpulseOnimpulseover 9 years ago

Beautifully done...and the tears are here...:'(

canndcanndabout 9 years ago

Great story, but I kinda wish the end hadn't been that they only had months together left. Maybe if you did that a follow-up from Hawk/James on how he was facing it would have been good. But, a HEA would have sat better for me. Overall nice story till the last few paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
R.I.P

Chester Bennington. :-(

Ginger630Ginger630over 2 years ago

Wtf?! Where the hell did that ending come from?! Totally takes away from the story. A beautiful story otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story seemed rushed and contained lots of gaps. We saw how they met - skip 2 years - we saw how they hooked up - skip 10 years - we end as Sage is dying. The end. So much of their love story is missing. We didn’t get to invest in them as a couple at all. So the deadly ending had no emotional impact on me, other than surprise. Too much was rushed to really be sad and affected by that twist. Wish this had been a chapter story with more of the gaps filled in so we really felt the ending. And the idea of how James/Hawk is affected after his passing is intriguing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous