All Comments on 'A Tale Of Many Mistakes Ch. 07'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 303 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I didn't see a change in Kieran at all.

He was a petulant child throughout the story. In fact he was closer to being a real man at the end of the story than he was at the beginning.

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Needy men

What's the deal with all these needy men? Everyone of these stories has some overly sensitive man crying in his beer because his wife was cheating on him. Then the perverse writers tortures him and the readers by having the wife tell him it was a "mistake or an accident" and she really loves him. Accident? As in oops I tripped and impaled myself on a cock? Look, if your spouse is cheating on you - they DO NOT love you. It is that simple. They may love the lifestyle they shared with you. They may love the kids. They probably love your money, but they don't love you. If you love someone you are satisfied with them, you want to be with them, you protect your relationship. Entering into relationship takes a lot of work. Being married is a big long term investment in that relationship. If you care about it you would never risk throwing it away. To enter into another relationship takes a lot of effort. If it is an adulterous relationship it takes even more work to cover it up. That is not a mistake or an accident. That is a premeditated act of destruction against your spouse, your marriage and your family. Why get angry at a cheating spouse? They don't love you, they want out of the marriage, they are just too cowardly to leave first and fuck later. In any case, let them go. Even if they try to change their minds, let them go. As far as being alone is concerned, real men don't have a melt down they get on with their lives. If you want another woman there are plenty of them out there. Most of them are not cheaters, most of them are decent people. It is not that hard to find one. Do not waste a second on regret or revenge. Life is too short and dishonorable people are not worth your time. Get away from them they can only drag you down. So, dear writers, how about a real loving wife story? How about an honorable, decent woman of integrity who does what she has to do to live up to her marriage vows and to take care of her husband as he does the same for her? Stop dwelling on this sickness. Leave the dead to the dead. All that being said, I know you have it in you. I know that you can do it. If you write it I will read it.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

a cheating whore and slut that had a second marriage for two fucking years with another man and she gets her husband back - BUT IT ISN'T WHAT IT WAS. now she is a fuck hole for him and that is all she is worth. 5

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 11 years ago
5* series. Thank you.

By the way, the fear when they are late? I don't think it ever fully goes away...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sorry to stay with someone that intentionally betrayed you is to live

a life of distrust, living every moment expecting the same actions to occur again. Once a cheater always a cheater even if they never do it again. The disrespect, lack of love, and the intent to harm when one cheats is to much to ever really overcome. Why live a life of pain. A new love will come if you drop the old one.

carvohicarvohiabout 11 years ago
Very Very Good!

I enjoyed this tale. Eileen gave her husband an incredibly hard pill to swallow; eighteen months with a man fifteen years younger, all in secret. What worries me about that was the very likely possibility she had developed some kind of meaningful relationship with the young doctor. I would have liked to have heard a little more there. Then maybe I missed it. I'll read it again in a few weeks. YOu certainly got a five

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
GFWB

A case of she can't let go, he can't forget, but they ended up at GFWB.

Good Friends With Benefits.

Not an altogether bad place at that age.

Will it last though?

Thx

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Second read

This is the second time I read this but the first comment (2 # 5 votes). The ending is realistic, true emotions, what is broken is never made fully whole. sgt548

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

just a piece of shit garbage cum dump slut whore who pretended to be a wife. all that time she was fucking the other guy - that was not a mistake it was her being a whore for another man. if she had been honest she would have asked for a divorce and cut her husband lose instead of keeping him around to support her life style so she could give her skank pussy away.

the ending sucked when he took her back and gave all that garbage about loving her into the dialogue.

he had it right the first time - if he wants a whore it is cheaper to rent one and send the cunt away after you fuck her.

want constant love and companionship GET A FUCKING DOG!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
cantbuyabrain might be

stupider than his butt-buddy betrayed - two clueless cucks smoking each other's strapons after taking turns reaming the others ass, fucking sick perverts.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

I didn't rate the final chapter. I respect the author and his body of work but this tale went sideways in the middle and never recovered. Normally I'm quite harsh in this type of situation but I'll just leave it and say I'm disappointed.

Sideways in the middle

How nuts is that?

Fuck you anonasshole cumsucking wimp

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 and I will tell you why....

I'm living like that myself, different circumstances but when the trust part of L O V E is chalanged there is no way to completely fix it. It hurts so bad. But you know that you or/and her will never love anyone as you less love each other. Even though of what happened, we stay together, I find it hard to believe, but, just a little bit of that true love is still a lot.

Strange but good Story (true life)....bill

it is strange to read something about myself

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nice work

This was a realistic story and it unfolded in a manner that made sense emotionally. Congratulations on writing a story that kept me engaged and concluded well. NVProf

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Interesting fantasy, but women just don't act like the wife did in the story

A real woman would have blamed the husband for her affair. Once again refer to PapaToad stories - he writes women correctly. Some of JPBs and Stang's women also. That said, the portrayal of the betrayed husband was excellent.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Nice story

Great story. Nice ending. I feel a little sad for the protagonist, but I recognize his choice and the need for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

started well but a predictable end, she fucks another guy for 18 months, and he reconciles himself to it, very well written, but in the end just another crappy cucky story,,

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
what happened

what happened to the girl in the car wreck with him.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 10 years agoAuthor
He left the girl in town

The car wreck happened on his way back home after dropping the girl in town. I made a lot of mistakes in my first story, but not this one :-)

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

A truly sad story. Five stars.

IrfonIrfonabout 10 years ago
The writing...

...is so good that I am drawn back to read this story (more than four times ) even though it hurts so damn much!

The kind of Love shown in this very well written story - simply hurts,big time.

I don't agree with her reasons for her betrayal - it's all an excuse - and I doubt me that her Love for Kieran was THAT strong,else it simply would not have happened

...and the length of time it went on for ???? - No can't believe her.

So sorry for Kieran,it damn well HURTS that kind of total Love.

Such a well written story - viscerally good - damn it !!

Well Done Author.

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterabout 10 years ago
No WAY would I take Her back…

No WAY would I take Her back after LYING & CHEATING for EIGHTEEN Months…

How could you EVER TRUST HER…?

Doesn't matter if You still "Love" Her…!!

Repeat the Mantra: "ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER…!!"

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Read it again

I read this again because it is a good story even if I disagree with the theme of the tortured overly sensitive husband. Again I am left with a person who cheats on their spouse and goes to the trouble of an affair cannot possibly love their spouse. Their actions contradict their words. So, in the case of a person who is cheating on their spouse and then claiming to love them they are in fact filing a false claim. They are doing this to fraudulently take love, and material benefits from their spouse. It makes their crimes so much worse when they do this. A person cheats because they want to get out of a marriage. They may only want to take a vacation from the marriage, but they definitely want out and they are willing to gamble their marriage on it. Who wants to be partners with someone who doesn't love or respect you? Who wants to be reminded that they were so dissatisfied with you that they wanted to try hooking up with someone else? Now, they may have been hoping to hook a new husband that is better than you, and that almost is understandable. Worse, they may have thought so little of you that they were willing to throw their marriage away just wanted to have sex with someone else. I got news for you, sex is just sex! You come or you don't come. It is just a matter of getting off, big deal. Making love, intimacy, bonding with your spouse, that is a whole other matter. Sex is at it's best a means by which a husband and wife can physically express their love for each other. At it's lowest, it is jerking off with someone else. So, either way, who wants a cheater back after that? As I mentioned in an earlier post, there are many great single women out there that are decent trustworthy people. You can improve your odds at having a good relationship by eliminating all those people that you know are cheaters, especially you ex wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
gave it a 5 to offset

dear annony ass wipe's vote

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3about 10 years ago
Not bad but...

He never confronted her about the lie. She said it had been 2 months when meeting with the lawyers, but he knew it had been at least 18 months.

VickieTernVickieTernabout 10 years ago
Grampa was right!

The Church has been in Ireland for over a thousand years, but this Irishman still knowns nothing about contrition, repentance, forgiveness, the whole scheme by which fallible people can find comfort in each other despite all. Wasted years, wasted lives!

sbart921sbart921about 10 years ago
Just Re-Read This Series

likegoodwine is already a favorite author. I chose not to comment on each chapter until I saw how it concluded. So, 5 stars for the great work and story line. 1 star for our guy not being man enough to stand up to 18 months of cheating from a woman who "loved him" with no plans to stop the cheating. Guess that reluctantly averages out to 3*s; even though this reconciliation still pisses me off. And yes I am anxious to the next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Have to agree with sbart921's comments

He thought...."And it helped that I believed in five years of Eileen's faithfulness, five years without a lover."

How'd that faith in her turn out over the first 22 years? That's why you're a dumbass. As my dad used to always say, "dumb as a box of rocks." Don't get me wrong, I understand love. I fell in love with my wife when she was 8 and I was 9. True love at first sight. Seriously. 10 years later we were married. And now 40 years later, I am more deeply in love with her than ever. But if she did what Eileen did, I'd shitcan the love of my life so fast her ass would be hitting only the high places on the road. And no, there would be no reconciliation. I would live with the loss of my love.

He says..."I have to admit that our love never totally recovered. It's a shadow of what it was. I love her, but I am not in love with her."

No kidding? Ding ding ding, give that man a sucker. For God's sake, she snuck around and fucked a young guy behind your back. She didn't slip on a banana peel and found herself accidently skewered on a hard cock, she planned and executed her cheating. You CANNOT TRUST A CHEATER. EVER.

But a fantastic tale, likegoodwine. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 5 stars from this old guy!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 10 years ago
Didn't like the characters much

Kieran was wrong to involve the kids. Likewise to cut and run. Clearly it was just sex, she was much older than her lover, really just a human dildo she shared with a lot of other women.

The wife was colorless, all sack cloth and ashes.

I thought given the characters, reconciliation was right for them. Shame kieran clings to his fear and anger, but people do that to themselves, don't they.

5* from me

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No

It is not just sex. That is a bullshit justification. He was not wrong to cut and run. I am not happy that he returned to her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I like the way he was unable to eat her pussy

For all the trials and tribulations and how much he felt beaten down, at least he didn't submit to that disgusting, degrading act. He didn't resort to cannibalism.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Love?

Clearly, you don't know the meaning of the word; yet you bandy it about, insulting those of us who do. No one, committing adultery loves their spouse! At best they are indifferent to them; far more likely, they despise them. It is an expression of hate! Eileen may be fond of Kieran and comfortable with their life; but no way does she fuck another guy on a regular basis for nearly two years and love her husband.

kharrismakharrismaover 9 years ago
So much for the hard line....

I applauded his initial hard line. She deserved no less for eighteen months of lies and treachery and deceit and cuckoldery. I was extremely unhappy with the erosion of that stance. I disagree that he was wrong to involve the children. They were old enough to understand and make up their own minds about what was going on, and they too deserved to know the truth of the matter. Why should Kieran be the bad guy in their eyes when he's done no wrong? I just wish he'd stuck to his guns; he's better off alone than with the likes of her. Well written.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Disappointing.

'Nuff said.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 9 years ago
generally a RAAC, or mostly

But what's the point here.

He doesn't love her - so who is now living the lie

He fakes his response. Again cheating his partner.

Time to man up and forgive or man up and call it quits.

No real relationship here

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago

I generally don't Reread stories unless a year or more has passed. This one is so good it drew me in after just a few months. Well written, engaging and authentic. Five stars. Your best story.

One issue I have with the reconciliation - even though it is understandable and you did a great job of building the case, the 18 month affair and the degree of her professed love for hubby simply don't jive. People that much in love generally don't fall so far. And if they do, it is generally because irreparable damage has been done to the relationship.

PoormanRichmanPoormanRichmanover 9 years ago
Yes

Yes, I agree with the comment that the Story is very authentically written.

I would like to add though, that it is a very typical scenario when we, as spiritual beings leave our creator out of our lives, That's when the destroyer of souls will come with force to destabilize any relationships that have God's blessing.

Hence the way this one ends with reference to marriage as just a piece of paper, when that is not true. It is a declaration before God of two becoming of one flesh..

But as is normal now days, so close to the end of Earth's history of sin, that living in sin, is acceptable to society just as homosexuality is.

Its a good example of modern family values and the easy way the devil can manipulate people through their fears.

For in PERFECT LOVE there is NO FEAR. The whole thing started because the wife became fearful of growing old.. From then on, it became one fear after another, that fueled all of the worst of the pain, and still dictates how the characters feel about each other.at the end of the story.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
The Only Woman in the World?

You know what confuses me? Why is it that in this particular variety of LW's stories there is this notion that there is only one woman for a man? That really speaks volumes about this man's emotional weakness. Hookers? Even more sicker and weaker. There are single women everywhere. 2/3 of them are not cheaters. I have found that at least 1 out of 10 of them are great people. That means, all he would have to do is look a little. His ex wife does not make that cut - she is NOT a good person. She is a proven dud. For all the victims of cheaters out there, do not give up so easily. Do not settle for a second time with the same loser - it is pathological... Trust me! This guy would have had a lot to pick from and could have easily found a truly loving companion to share his life with. One with no history of selfishness and pain infliction.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 9 years ago
The Roller Coaster of Love

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If you can't afford to lose, don't play. And finally, nothing ventured nothing gained. It (this scenario) could happen and that's what makes it interesting. I know couples that have been through a lot worse and are still together. Everyone is different therefore relationships are based on many different factors with varying degrees of importance. So, what's a deal breaker for one couple is not necessarily one for another. It doesn't make one any better than the other. It's for the couple to decide not anyone else. Thank you for the entertainment

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
1 Star

Not buying any of it.

I don't believe for one second that she was "faithful" all these years.

As broken as HE was, he was still able to at least get some sexual release, and we are to believe that this SLUT kept her legs closed for 5 to 7 years?!

As someone else said, there is more than one person out there for us, hell, if you believe StangStar there's one even hotter and more devoted than the Ex!

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 9 years ago
Actually

I find the result believable. She cheated for 2 years. He froze her out for 5. Ultimately their love prevailed but not without permanent damage.

Good story, thank you for the enjoyable read!

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
I am a strong member of the BTB Club.

But sometime in the last few chapters I had hoped that a reconciliation of sorts could be obtained and especially after I heard that Eileen had not been fucking since the divorce. I can understand that it would be difficult to forgive and impossible to forget. Good luck to this couple (yes, I realize that it is just a story). Thank you, author, for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not bad, but not good

It was well written. No problem with the writing. But it seemed like he held onto the anger for way too long a time. It simply occurred to me that he neither shit nor got off the pot. He was just angry. Why didn't he get some professional help? He's more likely to have given himself a heart attack with all the stress then gotten killed in the car accident. If he has forgiven her, why not get remarried? If he hasn't why let her move in? I felt that you never really answered the questions of his forgiveness and anger. He still feels broken deep inside. Truly an unsatisfying ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Liked it

I'm also a member of the BTB club. If you can't play within the rules, don't play the game. There is no true love if you have to go find sex with someone else. To blame it on a midlife crisis is bullshit.

I thought the comment at the end 'I love her, but I am not in love with her' was perfect. There is a world of difference between the two. You can forgive but never forget. As I've read in many other stories, what kind of life is it to not be able to ever trust the other person again. If not a midlife crises then it's getting old, lost my job, I gained 10 pounds and not feeling beautiful anymore. There is always a reason to cheat on someone. True love is shown when you don't use excuses to find someone else to screw. You don't turn to someone else because you are truly in love with them. She may have loved him throughout the story, but she was never 'in love' with him. She was more afraid to be without him in her life than to admit that she wasn't truly in love with him.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 9 years ago
KarenE

Behave yourself. And stop taking the words for my comments out of my mouth (so to speak),

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

"Oh Kieran, I love you, I love you, I love you so much", she answered haltingly through her tears of joy and relief."

Oh THANK YOU! I'm glad you can fuck other men for years behind my back to make yourself feel better! Otherwise, if you hated me, you might have stabbed me in the back. Oh wait.....

"Can a liar be trusted again?"

Absolutely NOT. Never again. Never ever ever again. You know why? Because they are liar.

"But what if the liar is really ashamed? Repentant?"

Makes no difference. Do you know why? Because you're a fucking liar and liars can't be trusted. That's all liars have in common. They liar about how much they can be trusted. And everything else....

"I have to admit that our love never totally recovered. It's a shadow of what it was."

How could it? You can't trust a liar because the only thing that's certain, is every word that comes out of their mouth is a fucking lie.

funksofunksoabout 9 years ago
Good story

But man, I never get why commenters can't understand that sometimes people are human. Some are pointing out character's logic errors, where the story is called "A Tale of Many Mistakes" and the character said they were making a mistake at the time.

It shouldn't irritate me but it does. People are stupid. People who leave comments even more so. I am very hypocritical on the subject ;)

I did like it. I am torn because god, 18 months, how do you get past that? But 22 years of marriage and loneliness and heartbreak and... I get it. Breaks my heart though that he was left with a shell of what he once had.

MaxxxstylesMaxxxstylesabout 9 years ago
Shit or Get off the Pot

I find a lot of his reasoning is bullshit. Real love bears all things, believes and hopes in all things and endures all things. At some point, you have to decide if you are going to forgive or not. None of this wishy, washy, maybe shit. The woman kept her couchie closed for five years! That should be a clue to her true feelings for you. I understand that you are hurt, but at some point you have to get over that shit! If you are going to keep her around, get over your fucking hurt feelings and put your whole effort into the relationship! True success only comes when you give something your whole hearted effort. Stop being a victim and be a victor and conquer that shit. Either truely love Eileene or let her go! Either shit or get off the pot!

MaxxxstylesMaxxxstylesabout 9 years ago
By the way, very good story.

4.5 stars.

seekerazseekerazabout 9 years ago
Very disappointing

It's good that Kieran didn't have any balls before the accident or he probably would have lost them. Eileen isn't worth considering and still remains unrepentant of the real betrayal.

*

firemanlitfiremanlitabout 9 years ago

I was married to a cheating wife for 18 years. The divorce was 25 years ago and I still do not trust the lying, cheating, thieving bitch. I do not understand how Kiernan can have any trust, based upon her history of lies and cheating. She never does admit to the damage she has done to him and the children. Nor does she admit to the damage she did to herself. The damage done to the family is now manifested into the second generation and we are not sure it will stop there. And he allows, no, welcomes her back into his life! Poor bastard, to have to suffer through life not knowing when, with or how many times she will cheat on him again.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
***

As recon tales go, this one slid its way into "WTF?!?". 7 years, an auto accident and it ends like this? I agree with the title; the ending as it morphed is a mistake. Intentional?

enjayemenjayemover 8 years ago
Wrong ending

No need to btb, but after 7 years he reconciles? I think not!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Noooo.....

I'm speechless. Lame is the only word I can use for this ending. He's instantly looking for the great love that took over 25 years to build and he's pissed that he can't find it with a couple of dates. Come on and grow a pair. There are plenty of places to find 'single' women without using your secretary as a pimp. Using 'I'm real sorry I fucked this guy but I was feeling bad about myself' is a stupid reason to take her back. What happens when she turns 50 - Does she take on the local college fraternity for a weekend so she can feel younger? It will never be the same. If he can live with the fact that she will probably cheat on him again, god help him. If he wants to keep his dignity and self-respect, break it off and move on. I gave the other chapters 4 and 5* because it looked like he might do the right thing. This chapter got 1* for the way he wimped out in the end.

bioman57bioman57over 8 years ago
It is a shame.

The tale is a good one. Filled with pain and forgiveness. and looking to the future. But lets be real, When I filled for divorce 9 years ago because of cheating and betrayal. the only positive I see is that I meet my present wife and we married 7 years ago. And my present wife loves and respects me. My 1st wife is still trying to play games on me. I forgave her for what she did not because I wanted a relationship with her but because the hurt and anger is not good for me, health wise. But would I want to be with her again not in this nor the next life. Why would I want to trade my new wife(35 year old beauty, for a hardened 66 year old woman that has been rode hard, that hates herself as well as men in general. No I am better off 7,000 miles away from her, enjoying my life. No way would a man that hurt as much as he does allow her back into his world and within his safety zone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
just a story

But I feel sorry for the guy he could have fell in love again and built a new life.

Too bad people have such a hard time moving on.

They end up back at the miserable place they started.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
FORGIVE=====FORGET=====AMNESIA

the only way to re-group. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
If he wanted to be able to trust

He should have stuck to the paid whores

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars. Not the easiest of endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The story started out good

Finding your cheating wife in a motel with her boy toy and planning for the divorce. After that each chapter went downhill, closer to a RACC ending. Sure enough, he pussied up and ended up with her in the last chapter. How can someone know that their spouse disrespects them so much that they will cheat on them and then lie to them and then expect to say they're sorry and all is forgiven? They've lied and given away something promised to their spouse exclusively. Sorry, but taking her back will only cause you to not believe anything she ever says again. He'll be wondering where she is all the time. If she ever doesn't like something, will she go right back to looking for another fling? How can you balance the years of distrust in the future against just cutting her loose. If you can't live without her, keep screwing her, but never marry her again. That way when it happens again it will be easy just to say 'bye-bye' and show her the door, for good this time.

IrfonIrfonabout 8 years ago
Tough story....

...to read. The excellent writing,painted such a strong,deep Love - that I found it almost as hard as Kieran to deal with it.

It shocked me that it had been going on for nigh on 2 years.

THAT is what hit me hardest - and all credit to the Author !!

Cheaters are selfish,destructive pond scum !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Pity...

good story ruined right at the end...

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 8 years ago
Would have been better if he didn't survive the

auto wreck. One of the most unlikeable men I've read about.

Not to say that the author didn't do a great job, he has. The story is well written but the main man is an ass.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Enticing read.

I seriously hated Eileen for being such a catastrophically stupid slut.

She deserved every ounce of pain and shame she received and probably more.

The story didn't elaborate if doctor shithead was fired. He should have felt a lot of pain for helping to destroy marriages.

I can't really comprehend the level of betrayal this idiot bitch orchestrated or the level of contempt she displayed towards her husband and his deep love for her worthless ass.

I felt terrible for Kieren and his inability to escape his intense pain. I wish he would have been able to move on at least getting emotionally healthy again.

This story was good but I felt it focused too much on his pain. Eileen's misery should have been illustrated more and possibly more insight into other characters was needed.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Lot of Useless Effort

You put a lot of effort and plot into creating an implausible reconciliation. 2*

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
Was always heading here.

I think this is the best they could hope for.

Kieran was unlikely to find someone to share the rest of his life with, trust issues would take care of that.

Eileen would stand a better chance, but guilt made it hard for her to move on.

Reconciliation it is then..... but no wedding bells, or recapture of what they had. At least both of them have a more comfortable future to look forward to than being lonely and bitter.

The passion and energy of the earlier chapters faded towards the end but this was still a fine piece of writing, great skill and a really good read ..... thanks for sharing.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

So he goes on a couple dates and didn't feel instant "magic"... better quit.

Better go back to the lying, disrespectful, dishonourable cheating cunt, after all she feels bad about betraying him over and over and over and over again for about TWO YEARS

Pay her for nursing him that way she knows that she means nothing to him anymore.

Then fuck her and few more women for a couple years and see how willing she is to stay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Never, Never, NEVER

Never, Never, NEVER give a lying, cheating, duplicitous, adulteress a second chance to rake you over the coals again

She's already got 50% of your money, so you remarry her, she does the same again and gets 50% of what you have left. GET REAL....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
decided to wait to comment

Until I read all the chapters. Eileen know the guy she had affair with was serial predator. She knew he was arrogant and would boast about conquests, broadcasting the names and details all over the hospital. Yet in the end, out of pride I guess though seems to me you can't have much self-pride if you willingly and eagerly add your name to his list of sluts.

Then she kept seeing him even after everyone at hospital knew she was spreading her legs for that loathsome scum.

She had to know her stud was laughing at her husband and calling him a wimp and a fool yet she kept right on cheating. From my read on story, even though she knew she was thought of as biggest slut at hospital she had no intention of stopping.

From description of husband he had his pick of replacements so for him to take her back makes no sense

Unless like his wife-HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY PRIDE EITHER

One more comment-so what if she didn't date after being caught.

Given her well known publically broadcasted reputation as an aging slut, I doubt ant man would hve anything to do with her except for sex. No guy in his right mind would marry her or have a lasting serious relationship with her as everyone in town thought of her as trash

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Does not get much better than this story on this site. Well done to the author

Disregard all the negative comments. Loved the story telling and the scenarios. Liked the moderately happy ending as well. Perhaps I am a romantic at heart but if all the stories on this site were written as good as this then I would not have much spare time in my day.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 7 years ago
Now that is how to do a proper reconciliation !

This is how it really looks , if it happens . It's messy , it has fits and starts , it's never what it once was , but its better than the alternatives . Its a residue of years , but the patina is dull and worn . That's the only way reconciliation will truly work in a case like this.

All the authors who've written crappy RAAC stories should be required to read this series !

5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad

Ending. He deserved to move on and find happiness with someone he could trust and love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
anon 11-25-16

Spot on!!!

I agree with those who praise your writing ability. I disagree with with the comment about this being a great argument for reconciliation.

She had a long affair with a scurrilous predator knowing full well he would broadcast his conquest to everyone. Some of her colleagues had to be friends of husband. Nice to know they also betrayed him by their silence

Her reason simply because she was jealous that predator was screwing other sluts and not solely concentrating on her

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good dialogue

NO chance of the protagonist taking her back though. Her level of disrespect was something done by an enemy.

It was sad and depressing to see him sink so low as to take her back. so the story did push my buttons have to give it that.

Mordant96Mordant96about 7 years ago
Bravo Zulu!!

Excellent-- this was a story that must be read in one sitting. Kiernan is one hard-headed Irishman. I know it is a lot to ask, but could you just write one more epilogue to show Eileen and Kiernan as a happy couple again. Or maybe you could write Mary's story about her cheating husband. Show Kiernan and Eileen as loving parents that get Mary and David together. I would like to read that story.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreabout 7 years ago
18 months of cheating

That still persists after her purported epiphany - f her and f reconciliation. She destroys the family and gets off? No

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Are there really men like that?

I don't belive any man would take her back. She cheated for 2 years and lied about everything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Crasherotica Strikes Again

Wtf is it with the car crashes? Don't forget his parents croaked in another Litcrash. Or was that the last story...?

Being a Lit character on the highways and byways is fckng dangerous. Buckle up, boys n girls!!

The one good thing that this author did was the poignant status of the relationship at the end. They obviously "love" each other, but at least there wasn't any fairy dust.

Usually the cheater bitch is just too stupid to let back in (mind you not necessarily reptilian retard Stangstar stupid). This time they were both very sketchy people. Him because his spine is little more developed than a molluskoid and her because her cheat was so fucking epic that you would have to invent some alien computer hardware to measure the sheer destructive power that it wielded.

But, to use the ever present Litcrash to get them back together is something of a bad answer.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 7 years ago
Great line below

I have to admit that our love never totally recovered. It's a shadow of what it was. I love her, but I am not in love with her.

Perfect explanation when there was cheating and then a reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@mordant96

Your profile has you as a professor of psychology and you want the cheating wife to be remarried to the betrayed husband and convince daughter to take back cheating husband...I am guessing you are looking for clients.

While I find Eileen's betrayal to be despicable the fact is she betrayed her own self to a great degree.

She knew the arrogant doctor to be predator who would brag about his conquest of her, yet she allowed herself to become just another entry on his slut list...talk about having no pride. Doctor certainly would have constantly reminded her that she came begging to him.

Sorry for raac fans but no way I would reunite with a female who had so debased herself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sorry but still looks like RAAC

You did an excellent job showing us the aftermath, but i think she didn't worked hard on herself trying to understand the deeper reasons of her behavior. Better in company of a former wife and slut than being alone? Interesting question. As you said there are not in love anymore, they just go through the motions. Sounds like a painful way of spending the rest of your life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fuck the fucking fuck

Cheating cunt deserves to be alone the rest of her life. This story was a piss poor job at forcing a reconciliation that he really didn't want or deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I don't know...

When your younger there is so much desire and passion for sex. As you get older...it wanes. I lost the love of my life to another man when I was 23. She cheated and I left. She tried fix things but I couldn't bring myself to listen to her. I was numb inside for years and focused on my career. I did well, traveled around the world 2 times, made a very good income, but that negative experience ruined every potential relationship I had. After that loss, in my mind I felt any woman would eventually do the same. I always felt the reason she cheated was because I had failed her in someway. I couldn't figure where I had gone wrong. Since I couldn't figure out where I failed, how could prevent failing another woman. Don't get me wrong, I have lived very good life with everthing I could possibly want. Now I am over 60 and alone. I thinks that why I read these LW's stories. If I could do it all over again , I would have listen to what she had to say. But that ships done sailed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Gee

Like You couldn't see that coming.

Poor doggie couldn't imprint on a new master.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
not sure why...

...numerous talented authors, such as yourself, on this site cannot or will not or choose to not explicitly identify the speaker during dialogue exchanges. Actually doing so with the attendant verbs would add greatly to story.

Numerous times I have had to re-read the dialogue, especially during long exchanges of one sentence statements to attach a remark to the correct character(Anon EXCLAIMED! FRUSTRATEDLY REMARKED)

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Did he just say he faked orgasms???

Imagine that!

This is a good story; a five star worthy story.

In the eyes of his professed religion he was never in-married.

After 25 years you cease to be that intense lust/love from early in marriage. In the end he had the kind of love that comes with intense companionship.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago

I skimmed a few chapters and came across the expected RAAC bullshit. It is so ham-fisted that it makes me cringe.

What annoys me more is just what an apathetic loser the protagonist has shown himself to be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@Crkcppr

You and me have a very different idea about what a proper reconciliation is. There are situations from where there is no way back. This was one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
sad

why is it in all of these cheating wife stories the cheating wife loves her husband so much that she that she can't live with out him. To top it off she fucks the biggest dirt bag at the hospital, even she thought he was a dirt bag, and she would have continued fuck him if she hadn't been caught. AS another commentated said this was not the last time, a good-bye fuck, because when the dirt bag grabbed her ass and tried to kiss her when she turned away and saw her husband she was smiling. like she was teasing dipshit. one thing I didn't quit under, did she fuck the dirt bag 2 or 3 times a month or every 2 or 3 months when she got another grey hair, or a new wrinkle. I mean 18 months is a lot of grey hairs and wrinkles. In the story the husband stayed angry for about 5 years couldn't move on with his life. Well I think that's bullshit, and the part of the wife loving so much, well wife or husband that truly love their spouse DON'T fuck other people no matter how many grey hairs or wrinkles they get. A younger cock or a younger pussy isn't going to make you young again . there a lot more that was so wrong in this story like the reconciliation, because in real life I don't think a man could forget that his wife that he loved to a fault could get over the year and a half affair, he may forgive, but he'll never forget. Trust me I know

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@anon - not sure why

Two reasons

1 - they are lazy

2 - they are not good writers

You are correct inclusion of those verbs would enhance the story. So many shades

For instance guy comes into room is blah

But burst into room - strutted - strolled - ambled - wandered - ran - rushed.....

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Strong stuff!

First read and I'm impressed.

Now, I'm not a RAAC fan.

I like 'em on the grill, well done.

Then turn and repeat.

But this writer argues a strong case.

Every book you want to throw at him,

he wards off.

Like kisses and touches when you are immobile.

What man can stand such powerful weapons? (lol)

I really can't see any flaws in this story.

There are peculiarities.

Like having the wife start an affair

with a known bragger.

That is no way to keep a secret.

That is extra stupid.

Now, why would the writer make the wife

so stupid, when he doesn't need to?

Comments here are just as interesting

and strong as the story.

Both the pros and cons.

Some are a bit stiff though.

Like the wife changing from good

to bad and being stuck there.

Why can't she change into good again?

I personally don't believe a person

loves the one she/he cheats on.

I think a cheater is too selfish to do that.

But can't a wife fall out of love

and in again?

I see the writer answer that question

"yes" in this story.

Right or wrong, I can't help believing him (lol).

All in all a strong and believable (at least for me)

story.

Top ratings from me.

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
i dont see why..

she feels bad ok so what, he doesn't trust her isn't in love with her why the hell be that miserable. Sometimes things cant be repaired or fixed, he didn't screw up she did, sorry but he should've left asap. got someone to take care of him, if he could pay escorts he could afford help with that. I'm a btb fan a lot, because many times theres no path to reconciliation and its a hash when its done a lot. sometimes ok but most no. some will say double standard nope I bash both, but with women.. youre rejection what the man gives you as not enough, that's enough to say ok I'm outta here sorry doesn't fix it. Like 500 annies or letter from my ex wife(her name was avril) its blame shifting a lot and that's BS whether the xx or xy chromosome combo is involved. good wine is an ok writer but the ending ,.. nah not a fan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
He most

Certainly could find a better partner. You just have to look and realize it is possible. What isn't possible is to lie and cheat someone you claim to love deeply for a year and a half.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
a well, where's the water?

Let it be known; send messages to all providences, I only read this chapter.

For RAAC, it seemed like a plausible end to how that works. Whether it's worth it depends if you have the social skills of a raccoon or not. It's more believable than suddenly working, without the intervening pain.

But after reading all the comments, I realize I don't give a shit and am ending this comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
missed something

I cannot find anywhere in all the chapters were she is sotty she chose to cheat.

Only upset about consequences after she was caught.

Even worse, she cheated with a guy she despised

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 6 years ago
I felt let down.

I am a strong believer in reconciliation when at all possible. With most of your story written from his POV all I saw was his heat and anger. Yes she used a flimsy excuse for her reason for the affair, I was feeling old and ugly, but those are just excuses. According to the story the affair was going on for two years and was ending the night she was caught, but it was written that she only saw him once every two or three months. If I threw caution to the wind and used two she had sex outside the marriage twelve times.

After moving out with in two months he started using escorts for sex yet according to the law he was still married which makes him no better. Threw the next five years leading up to his accident he had countless sexual encounters that he did not divulge when she told him that she had not, no all he would say is 'how can I believe you'.

He acted like he was the only one hurt through out the whole ordeal yet every time he got drunk he did spiteful things to her never the other way around.

My biggest question would be, after the divorce was finally over and they were both free to do what ever they wanted how would he have felt if she say after three years found another man and he pulled another one of his childish games and the new guy came and pummeled him, would he then feel justified.

The reason I felt let down is that through all of this he still failed to see that, though not responsible for affair, he helped fuel it by not saying no when the idea of swapping was brought up and enforcing the belief that he would not be OK with sharing her in the future. Writer you should have either ended the story around chapter four or had them fully reconcile in the end.

TiredXTiredXalmost 6 years ago
There are...

Some reconciliation stories which feel forced and leave you shaking your head saying nu-uh not happening, then there are others which are written in such away that the characters themselves grow enough to justify the reconciliation. This is the latter keep up the writing.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

"I have to admit that our love never totally recovered."

"Sometimes I will fake a response when I see her despair that we can regain some of our passion -- even if, deep inside I feel it is still broken."

What an awfully sad story. Statements like that make me wonder if it's ever worth trying to reconcile if one spouse has hurt the other that badly.

I think he should have just moved on. Life is too short to waste it on someone that betrayed you, destroying your trust and love. With a bit of courage, he could have met all sorts of lovely women until he found one he wanted to live the rest of his life with. The guy was loaded, in good health, and only 47 when they got divorced. That he let himself just wallow in self-pity and settle for getting back together with the ex-wife made this story a tragedy.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 6 years ago
Unfortunate

This isn't a reconciliation, its a "friends with benefits" with just many conditions. No love, just convenience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To bad

He deserved so much better than to end up with someone who finally decided she loved him enough to keep her legs crossed after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Vomitus. Projectile vomitus

A pity. Well written. You feel his pain and anger. His suffering.

But he does a 180 and tames the lying duplicitous cheating ex wife back.

Such a wasted ending.

What happened to the escort who liked him.

He should have taken up with her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous