All Comments on 'A Tale Of Many Mistakes Ch. 07'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 303 Comments (Page 3)
Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 5 years ago
Why compare the swap to the affair?

They are not even close. She cheated and lked for 18 months. Bang her if you must but having her live with you will only remind you of the person that betrayed you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Historic RAAC!

I mean you crawled through 20 miles of swamp to RAAC them. Given his attitude, that didn't change for years, I simply don't see him caving in after they take care of him. What has changed? So they nursed him back to health? He could have had a full time nurse do that in his own home. This just didn't work. He was too stubborn. Too hard-headed. No way his character takes her back, married or not. Horrible ending ruined a well written story.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 5 years ago
I get the feeling.

The last anon commentator was not thrilled with the direction and ending of the story.

:)))

PencarrowPencarrowover 5 years ago
Y'KNOW, IN SOME STORIES RECONCILLIATION IS THE MOST NATURAL THING

But not this one.

The start was good. I placed myself in Kieran's shoes as he watched his wife, Eileen, drive to the motel in the younger guy's car while she lied to him on his shoe phone. I felt his palpitating heart, his bewilderment, and then his feeling of utter abandonment and betrayal. And as for when she came out of the motel with her lover; well, in that instant I felt the same gut-churning realization that he did, that the wife he thought he had didn't really exist except in his mind. And then to learn it went on for almost two years! TWO FUCKING YEARS!!!!

No matter how good the writing, no matter how much hand-wringing, tears, and "I love you"s the writer had her say, he didn't convince me that she was a real person. Hell, no real women would do what she did if she really loved and respected her husband. He would have divorced her and she would probably already be on the next young cock that came along. Let's face it, the women was beyond all redemption.

But kudos to the writer, because the picture you painted of the scene where she betrays her marriage was so good that it meant you had almost no show of turning this into a convincing RAAC, and you certainly didn't convince me.

PencarrowPencarrowover 5 years ago
ENDINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE (A YEAR OR SO LATER).....

Over the last few years that Eileen was apart from Keiran she came to realize just how much she took Keiran for granted. She realizes that Keiran is the only man she can ever truly love, and it comes as a surprise to her to discover just how much she misses him. Now that she’s back with him it’s almost as if a veil has been lifted and she sees clearly now how much she hurt him, and her love for him continues to grow and strengthen as she tries to win his trust again.

But the opposite is happening for Keiran. Now that she’s back he starts to realize that the reality of having her back in his arms is not the same as the dream he built-up over the past few years. She’s not quite as beautiful as he remembered, not quite as good company as he imagined, and the easy conversations he looked forward to again are not quite as easy or as interesting as he thought they would be.

He meets, through his business and quite by chance, a widowed woman of a similar age to him and they seem to hit it off. They arrange to meet again using business dealings as a reason, and over the course of six months or so they develop real feelings for each other. They arrange an over-night stay at a hotel on one of his business trips, and discover they are a good fit sexually and emotionally.

This is the beginning of his re-awakening, and within a year he breaks the news to Eileen that he’s getting married again. Eileen now feels what it’s like to have someone you love shit all over you, but it’s too late to do anything about it.

The universe has re-aligned, karma has been served, and I definitely feel much better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really good until the end.

You could see the RAAC coming. But after the hurt, pain, fear and angst (written excellently) I could not see him re-uniting.

She cheated for 18 months due to a grey hair? The very definition of shallow and self centered. They don’t sell Clairol hair dye at her Walmart?

Hubby on the other hand is very self aware. Really not sure how they ever got together in the first place.

But after 5 chapters of his insightful self diagnosis and attempt to heal himself the ending didn't fit. No amount of love will compensaye for all the pain she inflicted.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Decent

Like so.many others, I enjoyed it until then end. That.just doesn't.makena.lot of sense. All that work to arrive at a sort of reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
meh

Maybe he didn't want to carry a burden from bad feelings but FWB is all they will be. no promises of fidelity and he can tell her to scram anytime. hmm not so bad she deserves no more than that, that's for damn sure. he shouldn't have married a Scottish female anyway, No spine or backbone in the stock at all.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
Felt forced

After all the anguish, the pain, the anger of that 18 month affair, to have what felt like a forced reconcile. Love but not in love and could not find anything better ... That just did not follow with the character build. Emotional disconnect.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
Mistakes

We all make. I could relate to the emotion and moods of this story. Well done.5

desertdog43desertdog43about 5 years ago
Well well

and they lived happily ever after.....right oh........

greenman440greenman440about 5 years ago
Nah don't buy it.

In this current world of 40-50% of marriages failing, there are lots of potential partners or fuck buddies at any age. An independent, financially secure and healthy 50yr old guy would not struggle to find a new partner who comes without all the betrayal memories of his ex. He was so broke up in the earlier parts of this story that the reconcilliation is just unrealistic.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Anon 11/21

I've got Wallace and Douglas roots and my mother was a Brady so fuck you from both putz.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Unbelievable story line

Fucking waste of time. I'll never read this author again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This story could have worked

But the wife LIED about the length of the affair to downplay it in the forced meeting they had years back. That put a very sour grape in my mouth. You cannot reconcile with someone that still doesn't want to compromise. Lying got her in that mess, and she lied to try and get out. I cannot imagine that was a typo on the author's part. It helped us realize that when the chips are down, she defaults into someone that lies. Even to someone she claims to love more than anything. and you know what? i believe her. she does love him the most, it's just her notion of love is too childish and petty for marriage. her best is about enough for a two year college relationship. that's where she is mentally.

and the swinger aspect completely ruined the sub-plot about her insecurities. all of them were addressed at least once, taking the majority of her evaluation as being a weak excuse. i no longer believe she cheated for that reason, not that it's a good reason! but it's another lie. she lied because she wanted great sex with a young man. that's it. she lied because she wanted her husband too. she never actually apologized in a real way. but the author was very skilled at painting her as a 'daddies girl' that never grew up. so she said 'sorry' over and over. she cried. she looked sad. and that usually works for a spoiled princess. i was luckier as a child. if i gave a weak, 'sorry'....i was forced to properly apologize for HOW i wronged someone. Sometimes my school made me write a silly essay about some rule i broke. Silly, but useful in gaining empathy. real empathy is what she lacks. she vaguely understands him, but doesn't seem to care about his escorts and dates. she still thinks cheating is okay, but now she's afraid of the cost. she hasn't really graduated into WHY the cost is so high.

honestly the only thing the author could have done better to cement this horrible outcome is establish that the wife has a drinking problem. as a functioning alcoholic, she'd have been mentally stuck at 21. Author did everything else to cement her as a child in a woman's body. The husband could have had some horrible family death or lack of a real cohesive family unit....to explain why he was willing to cling to his ex wife. she's clearly sorry, but doesn't understand why. she's still unable to be completely honest with him. I'v seen men in bad relationships for this exact reason, a deeply broken man trying to re-create the family he never had.

you'd be surprised how easily a woman or man will change their shitty behavior to keep their SO. They may never learn nor understand, but they'll change (even if only temporary) I tell my SO often enough how fast they'll be out on their ass for cheating or abusing me. I stop a toxic rant very quickly that way. People LET others abuse them, to show love. But you show self love when you shut it down, you show the other person what they could lose, and that's more powerful. People see that passive understanding attitude as something to exploit rather than cherish. I tell them, "i understand x has you very upset, but if you take it out on me one more time, I'm gone" know your worth. don't settle for someone that's 'sorry', but doesn't understand why. don't settle for someone that tells you half-truths.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 5 years ago
Good story, great writing, 5 stars...

"Divorce and move on", that's the mantra. But we don't really expect everyone to react the same exact way, do we? What a boring world that would be, if everyone was the same in all regards. If we can accept that everyone is an individual in their feelings and responses, then we can admit it's at least feasible for Kieran and Eileen to be "stuck", unable to move forward.

I like this story. In my opinion, I don't think they should have reconciled, but I've no real heartburn about it either. Seems like a sad life though; they're together, but not really. I guess they're just trying to make the best of a bad situation, but was this really the best solution? Seems desperate, like the high school quarterback who never misses a class reunion, trying to relive his golden years long past.

Well done, Likegoodwine. A strong story, great writing, fine entertainment, food for thought. Thanks for posting.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
RAAC. But RAAC with 5+ years exclusive remorse.

If it’s true that SHE was true (corroborated by daughter) then there might be a chance.

If he hadn’t of had the accident, and the RN wife be able to take care of him hand and foot (and anus) for many months there would have been no way for her to show him the extent of her devotion and remorse for her affair. That’s why this story works.

RAAC, but enough payment made by wife to be ok for me. 4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yep

Story fell off the cliff. Too bad, it was good for the first few chapters. Wish I could give it a negative 5.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
@anony 4/18/19

She never lied about the extent of her affair. She never had the chance because he NEVER spoke to her again (except to say, “fuck you” over the phone one time) until she forced the talk with the lawyers.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
True tales

Unless youve lived something like this you can't know how you would react, this is more true then what how you think it should go. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
RAAC?

Not sure if this ending would be considered RAAC. Is there reconciliation? Yes. Did Eileen suffered for her cheating? Yes. Did she do things to earn her way back to his good graces? Yes. Did a magic BJ from Eileen make everything all better? No. Did Kieran do a schizophrenic decision and take her to the justice of the peace to get married? No. Did he get booty after the divorce? Sounds like he had plenty both paid and 'free'. (Even when dating, there's no such thing as free booty). For what I can understand it wasn't RAAC; it was old fashioned reconciliation with a lot of pain, suffering, loneliness, hard work and finally an agreement between the parties.

I do like a good BTB story. Eileen would deserve it too. But, that was not in the nature of the MC. He did what worked for him. He dumped Eileen completely. It hurt her a lot, but it hurt to him too. Forgiveness is an exercise while benefiting the forgiven also can greatly help the forgiver. Holding a grudge on someone, while it may or may not hurt the other person, can really eat away at the grudgeholder's soul. Face it, he wasn't going to be able to move forward until he dealt with the unfinished business with Eileen.

In the end, Kieran was able let go some of the burden that was on his heart. He got to renew a relationship with the one woman he had felt comfortable with. With Eileen he has a friend with benefits without the legal entanglements of marriage. Eileen gets back a relationship with Kieran even if it will never be what it was. In that way she paid dearly. But, they both seem happy with the arrangement. Why get upset about it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nonsense

The author takes his character from being a normal man at the beginning, and now?

"I started to giggle." Yes, "giggling" like a girl. This is just an example of how much the character has been bent, spindled, and mutilated to facilitate a RAAC. Moreover, the author comes back to the idea that the problem with the cunt wife was that she "lied". What do we make of this? If she had come to her husband and said she was going to starting fucking Xavier because she was feeling old, but would become monogamous again after she had gotten her "needs" taken care of or Xavier tired of her aging body, would H have said "You go girl!"? No, then you would have either had the set up for a story like "The Bridge" or a cuck-out. The lies don't help, but the 18 months of cheating destroyed the bonds of marital intimacy, showed disloyalty, a lack of love, complete disrespect, and destroyed any possibility of trust. Recall the scene on the balcony with the ridiculous Xavier before the cunt saw her husband...she was being affectionate and playful. If she was breaking up, it was only because she had had her fun. Now she was going back to her fall-back option, her faithful, but not so exciting or interesting husband. She'll make-do with him...he's comfortable and loyal. She only shows remorse when she is caught and only regrets starting the affair because she could lose her security blanket. Women know that at that age, unlike in their 20s, good men are in short supply, while it's a buyer's market for the men. This started as a crisp, mostly well written tale of consequences, but was deformed into a maudlin RAAC. Reconciliation can plausibly happen, but this story was forced into a RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well Anony

All you did was prove why the story could go the BTB route by Eileen's actions leading up to being caught. In my 'RAAC?' comment I completely agree that Eileen would have deserved BTB treatment.

Your response seems to stuck on the cheating which I agree was reprehensible. But, there was five years after the divorce.where changes of heart can happen. You also seem to dismiss Eileen taking a leave of absence (unpaid leave or vacation) to completely devote herself to nursing her ex back to health. She had no obligation to do it, but did it anyway.

Her motives? She needed a security blanket? You think a nurse with 20+ years experience needs a security blanket? Really? Having two siblings with nursing jobs, I can safely say they make decent coin with a nice retirement plan. Eileen doesn't need any guy as a security blanket she can make on her own and has for five years.

You think forty year old women have limited chances to find guys? Really? That seems like a strange thought, There are plenty of good guys in their fifties who would like a date a 40-something with a decent career. Now, if Eileen was in her 60's or 70's I would agree with you as guys' shorter life expectancy starts coming into play.

Anyway, my point remains this doesn't seem to be a RAAC ending. Eileen had repercussions for her actions. She endured five years in complete isolation from her ex with little hope of reconciliation. She willingly nursed her ex back to health. Did she hope to get back into her ex's good graces? Sure! There can't be any reconciliation unless she does.

This wasn't a situation where she gives him a magic BJ and all is forgiven. No, she will have a fraction of what she had before and live with it. She is relegated to a Friends with Benefits status as he will never marry her. This part stated by her ex describes what she has; "I have to admit that our love never totally recovered. It's a shadow of what it was. I love her, but I am not in love with her."

Kind of sucky when you think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
10/13 Anon

What nonsense. I'm sure that the commenter you responded to didn't mean that she needed the cuck for financial security. Without him, her lifestyle took a significant hit, but her job is good enough to get by comfortably financially. No, the issue is that women are nesters; it's the emotional security and stable life she gets from her cuck. That's what she doesn't want to lose. As for the availability of men for women in their mid-forties, of course there are some, but women tell me that they are mostly losers. The good men have a wide open playing field. The difference is that the vast majority of men can be happy with just sex and some good times (the fifties guys he mentioned are mostly divorced, with a few widowers. The divorced guys usually aren't all that keen on getting tied up and putting their incomes and assets at risk. Prenups are often not enforced). The women, on the other hand, want a "relationship". So, the adulteress is looking at slim pickings if she isn't just looking for a hook-up.

The way the beginning was written, the cunt wanted some strange to give herself excitement and to make herself feel more attractive, but she ultimately wanted to keep her "same-old, same-old" husband. It's the classic case of wanting to have her cake and eat it too. The change from the long-term cheating slut to the truly repentant wife was not written convincingly.

The story also has other major problems: the ever-so-European character "Xavier" is ridiculous (referring to himself in the third person and engaging in conduct that in real life would create major problems for him in the workplace); Eileen, the slut, is too stupid to breathe for going after a slime-ball that is banging everyone in sight. Her character isn't written in a way that convinces the reader that she knowing spent two years as, in effect, one of Xavier's string of mares that he services. This is just bad character development; The initial reaction of the daughter to the slut's affair isn't credible; The scene with the FIL is gratuitous, as is the hate fuck of the slut; there is no more tired LW cliche than the slut becoming an angel by taking care of the ex after an accident. The failed swinging attempt was also gratuitous. It did nothing to absolve, mitigate, or convincingly explain Eileen's slutting around.

Technically, the writing is pretty good, but the plotting is awful.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Good series over all and I enjoyed itagain. I just can't accept reconciliation after her lying and cheating for so long.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
SAD!!!

Eileen finally made Keiran a CUCK!!! Her and his daughter helped Keiran when he was down: but that's no reason to forgive the cheating slut!!! Any woman who cheats steadily for 2 years never deserves forgiveness...EVER!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A waste of words

She is a betraying slut. So, after 2 years of betrayal with the ridiculously written "Xavier" (aka "Pepe Le Peu"), and seven years of separation, the wife gets to have her emotional security blanket back. Now the slut, having had her slut fun, doesn't have to "grow old alone". To accomplish this all the author had to do was give Keiran a personality transplant midway through this putrid tale. It's not credible. In real life Keiran could easily find interesting, attractive, honest, available women, and Eileen would have been just a fading figure in his rear-view mirror. This RAAC was forced using offensive cliches. The POV shifts are amateur hour writing.

TrustingagainTrustingagainalmost 4 years ago
Always enjoy this one

I have always enjoyed reading this story.

I don’t believe it’s a true reconciliation story as he has never regained his true love for her or the trust he once had. It has ended with two people living out their lives together, her trying to regain what they once had and him knowing they never will and trying not to be alone.

There are all kinds of love but once someone has broken that first true love, whether it be a mother, significant other or spouse...... I don’t believe that once new and unbridled true love can be found again.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Good series!

I read the entire series before commenting. I wasn't crazy about the prostitute angle, but it was believable.

This line resonated: "I love her, but I am not in love with her." These words are often said in stories where a woman is leaving her husband for someone else, but here it makes perfect sense. It's a powerful statement.

People heal, but it takes time and commitment. Her commitment to the marriage she destroyed was essential to healing. I thought it was a very realistic story.

FljimFljimover 3 years ago
New

Just found your stories and have enjoyed your writing. Thanks

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

so in the end he was a cuck, yeah

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

The issue I have is that the author wouldn't let Kieren heal. Yeah, I guess there are guys like him that can't let go. But the reality is that most do. Time and distance especially in an environment with few memories e.g. his new apartment is a great salve.

Casual dating, clubs, travel tours, hobbies, etc are fun and help to build new memories. Hell, he could have put a camper on his lake property and enjoyed weekend get aways. Pining away for more than 5 years makes Kieren a real outlier on the healing curve and makes for a rather uninteresting story. Frankly, there are a lot of guys who wouldn't mind being in his position. Healthy, good secure job, property, money in the bank after splitting the marital assets, a good retirement package, a good friend setting up dates for him. Sounds pretty good to me. Eileen who?

That Eileen didn't even date for seven years after being very sexually active both with her husband and her lover is difficult to accept. With a libido like hers, an occasional one off sex session would be far more likely.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

This is some gay shit.

Cuck sucking delicious.

Makes a man really want to chew on used condoms. LoL!

This dropped the ball in to many areas to list.

What happened to Dr. Shitdick? Was she working with him all this time?

How did his wife take it?

How many other relationships and marriages were damaged by pathetic whores who all had to be a notch on the Doctor's slimy cock?

Was his career impacted?

jazzharpjazzharpabout 3 years ago
Wow!

I'm late to the game! I see I have some catching up to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wimp!!!!!

"Would it be a lie?"

She shrugged. "Can't prove it, can't disprove it."

She didn't say NO. Meaning she's lying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
WOW!! I only voted on this. The ending 4 Stars I kept reading bouncing around chewing nails and spitting out pieces.

You totally had me involved and that is definitely a good thing for a writer to do.

Liked hated back and forth. Leave the bitch stay yes no . I could not decide.

Thing I hated the most! Goodbye fuck.!! Why do so many stories have it? Done is done.

Guilt for cheating or just guilt for getting caught

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Worst story I've ever read .

This pathetic wimpy cuckold deserves the filthy cunt of the whore he chose to go back to .

Hope he enjoys sloppy seconds...again .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There is much to like about "A Tale of Many Mistakes". The writing and proofreading is excellent. Although the length caused some lag and sag in the last several ch.'s, it didn't cause me to quit reading in frustration. The characters are convincing, the dialogue in character...but. But I am convinced by all of the other LW stories similar to this one that lying and cheating for over two years cannot be either rationally thought of, honestly presented as, or honorably accepted as a "mistake". As readers, we may not be engaged by an author's style and subject matter and are entitled to our opinions about them, but arguing against them is tantamount to arguing with someone about them not liking you. An author's basic premise is another matter.

The author's choice of this story's title may well an example of his (her?) droll sense of humor. It may be an attempt to use irony as a lens to focus the reader's attention by providing a contrast to the storyline and content. Since neither of these possibilities is clearly presented, the reader must assume that the author truly believes that this is a tale of one mistake compounding another. The author begins by telling us that the wife had deep misgivings about her relationship with her husband "about two years" before the story began. She refered to these misgivings as "silliness". We then learn that she was visiting with another man in a motel for "eighteen months". The wife then tells us that she "dated" (her word) this other man for six months before the affair became sexual while deliberately keeping it from her husband. The story develops to the classic paper signing event contingent upon the husband meeting the wife's demand to speak to him. At the very opportunity to speak to her husband since the day that her cheating became manifest, these are her words:

"Kieran, I take full responsibility for what happened over the last two months. It was my fault. I made a mistake. A terrible mistake! I should have trusted you. I should have shared with you what was happening to me..."

The author has the husband whisper to his lawyer and leave the room without responding. The husband later considers the last sentence in a musing aside, but never responds to either the outright lie in the first sentence or the incredible hubris and selfishness confirmed in the rest of the statement. At that point, this tale's conclusion was firmly established along with the author's basic premise. Having already registered my reaction to this premise, I will close by paraphrasing Beau of the Fifth Column:

Wrongdoing without consequences is practice.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As the cuck says, what's the meaning of a piece of paper? She got to have a premeditated, long-term affair with a younger man, and the net result is that she's back to where she wanted to be. We just have another weak, needy, unprincipled, cuckish husband character, which is the norm for 95% at least of LW husbands. I see a lot of commenters think that they had had a long marriage somehow makes his cucking out less offensive. It seems to me that that attitude reflects a failure to understand the concept of "sunk costs". As written, the H character would have plenty of attractive alternatives to the slut. I can't imagine wanting to "grow old" with someone who cold-bloodedly betrayed me with a long term affair for such narcissistic reasons. This is a 1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am OK with him finally being social towards her when he is with family but I don't see how he does reconnect when she had a two year affair and then lied to his face at that divorce meeting. Why doesn't he bring that up? 18 months at a motel plus whatever time before the motel is not "2 months" as she stated. His love for her may not go away but never forget will not allow forgiveness. Every day I see her I would recall that cheating.

Also, if she is a hottie like he says she would have dated. No way she stays alone for 7 years. I am certain her mother and even the daughter would tell her to move on.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Noice, didn't gloss over the damage from the infidelity, but made a good case for why their lives are still better with each other in it, even in a reduced role. Probably didn't need to be spread out this much, would've packed a bigger punch with three strong chapters.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 3 years ago

Another reconciliation story where wishful thinking and fairy dust is substituted for plot and the character build up for all prior chapters is ignored in a tortured contortionist ending.

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

This is the part that gets me: “ I have to admit that our love never totally recovered. It's a shadow of what it was. I love her, but I am not in love with her. However, the love we share now is strong and much better than anything we could have found elsewhere, if at all. ”

I can’t help but think this is from a more real life personal experience. As much of a impractical fairytale ending it still reeks of a sense of believable decision where being unable to move on you instead decide to settle on a facsimile of what once was.

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

She got what she wanted. He got to be a long term cuck. Even trade of course because he was too wimpy to confront her about the full eighteen months. She confessed to two months in the lawyer conference. Just more lies. This was typical lw cuck crap. Cucks get one star., should be less.

Anallicker01Anallicker01over 2 years ago

Good story! I enjoyed it very much.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 Stars - I really hate this stupid cuck/wimp crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

‘I always knew you two would get back together. You are too good a man for me to think otherwise. I helped her to have faith in you, even after that evening."

Tat should have been the other way round…right?

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

After all, we now know that the half-life of cuckolding is very short, because after seven years since she started cheating, cuckolding is forgotten and done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"However, the love we share now is strong and much better than anything we could have found elsewhere, if at all.”

Such ntelluctual dishonesty markedly cheapens a story. The MC's statement is either a faith belief, a delusion or an intentional deception. It would be impossible to establish his assertion as an empiric fact without exploring a relationship with each of the billions of possible alternative love interests on the planet.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 2 years ago

I it was Expected.

All the Story it was heading this way.

Why people is afraid of being is beyond my grasp .

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

To the writer I say " I hope every real male family member you have is ashamed of you"....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Meh she fucks around him they get divorces then when caught she is she is sorry 20 yrs down the tube she got caught live with the knowledge she screwed it up and made his life a mess 2 stars at best. They reconcile but the trust will never be back. Not say in btb bit come on the wife is full of crap. The husband I understand the feelings but to take her back nope. Not I m this life time

bobareenobobareenoabout 2 years ago

5 Stars. Despite the reconciliation, which is an anathema to the unimaginative, this was a well written tale. Their reconciliation of a great love, betrayed, still remained a broken remnant of their once beautiful relationship, but their recognition of the strength of that love made it worthwhile, despite the tatters that remained. It was not an easy new relationship to express, but the author here conveyed it very well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I guess men like Kieran deserve what happens to them and what will happen again since they seem to never learn... no matter how devestated and broken they were made, they seem to always come back for more hurt and pain and then moan and cry about it when it does... well, he remade his bed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She cheated and lied for two years, no way ever a real man goes back to a lying cheating wife like that. - EVER!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It’s rather stupid to fault a story because a reconciliation takes place. Whether you as a reader prefer a btb or a raac tale (or for that matter a tragic or a happy ending) says nothing about the story; it’s merely a declaration about yourself. Based upon how the characters’ feelings were described an earlier reconciliation without the need for medical emergency would have been likely. Kieran’s absolute refusal to talk with Eileen was strange. The biggest weakness with the story is Eileen’s motivation for the affair. She loved Kieren, had a good life with him, and the sex was good too. Not likely she would take up with that ridiculous doctor.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

I have no idea what rating to give this story. I read the first 2 chapters but then went to the last page. I just could not read everything in the middle - sorry. I do not like either end of the spectrum - RAAC or BTB. The RAAC is the most difficult, because I have set up my list of conditions that preclude the possibility of reconciliation. The RAAC is not possible if the sexual act was more than one time and if it was pre-planned. Emotional cheating is something else entirely and would take into consideration a large number of circumstances. Probably the one thing that gets me upset the most is when a spouse completely disrespects and disparages their partner in front of the ASSHOLE or anyone else.

In this story, when the wife finally got ONE chance to talk to her husband, she lied when stating her affair was only 2 months when he had proof it was almost 2 years - that ended the story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice tale about the trial we face in life and how we handle them.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I note that the ratings of this part is lower than the preceding sections. I find however, that this section is, in my judgement, highly plausible. It is not that the lies and betrayal have gone away, clearly they mean that any relationship between Eileen and Kieran will be flawed. But the question that always need to be asked is whether they are both better off with that flawed relationship or not. Clearly the answer is that they are both better off with it. The other criticism that I see is that Eileen's motivation for her affair is unconvincing. I think that is true but I know of many examples where people have done similarly damaging and seemingly inexplicable things, so I don't find that part off the story unconvincing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What happened to the escort girl who was in the car when it crashed?

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

Sadly, a selfish bitch will always be a selfish bitch. He could never be able to trust her outside of his presence. She felt entitled to more than what they had together; so she went out and got it. All the while she was lying, scheming, and betraying him on every level...

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

So in the end all he did was settle for the familiar, which is the mindset of the willing cuckold. There may have been a multi-year gap but the retrograde act of reconciliation gave acceptance to that label. I suppose if he’s happy with that nomenclature who are we to judge, but judge we do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In the end he wasted 5 years of their lives. If he is reconciling I believe it is all or nothing. Trust but verify. In all I thought it was a pretty good story, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So the cuck and the slut live happily ever after The End 2 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Holy Crap. I honestly found myself hoping the author wouldn't dissolve into a pool of man-hating feminist BS this way. 1* because you can't give -1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So the cuck and the slut got back together and are now living together without being married to each other. This is a true RAAC, and I could feel that it was going to happen back in chapter 3 at the lawyers office where she signed the papers without him saying a word (it telegraphed it so well).

And for anon below, I feel that them not getting re-married says it all, and being single, she can play whenever she wants, and he might do the same. At least with them both being retired and traveling they can do what they want, including him kicking her out of HIS house (she can live in the studio apt. above the garage until she cools down).

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

A most excellent story, Mr. Wine. I found it amusing how the comments have changed over the last 12 years. They started with a real appreciation of your story, then gradually became more shrill and strident to the present pathetic state. Mirroring US society, I guess. Thankful to be out of that! I hope you write more stories someday. Thank you for this one. Randi.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

A very good story of pain, loss and suffering. All the little tricks a hurt mind pulls on one.

You have to have cheated on to understand. My first true love cheated on me. We were engaged and she cheated. The breakup was bitter and filled with hate.

It took me aa long time to recover. In that time l used and hurt a lot of other women in my anger. I was engaged to three other women. I broke up badly with all of them. I had trust and commitment issues. A lot of short relationships followed. Still no trust and no commitment. I hurt them all.

I eventually got over myself and moved on. Met a lovely woman and come this March we will have been married 40 years. Familiarity over the decades may have made us a little too casual with each other, however we know each other so well and l do love her like no other and she loves me.

This was a good story, lm normally, as others here know, a firm BTB man because of what happened to me. But this tale touched me and l connected with it.

Scores 5/5 and into favourites

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Probably, but the chances of finding a love as deep as ours are slim."

Certainly won't find love with that kind of negative attitude. People will want to spend more time with someone who is genuinely happy and has a positive outlook on life. It is a complete and total myth that there will be only one soul mate in your life. This misconception causes a lot of unnecessary grief. Frankly speaking, each of us can literally have several soul mates in life. Our lives are like books. A good book has multiple chapters, as do our lives.

sneakoneoutsneakoneoutover 1 year ago

Good story. However It surprised me that they had no discussion about her 18 month affair.

pukgpukgover 1 year ago

What happened to the escort with him in the car smash

COYSCOYSover 1 year ago

Excellent

Loved the entire story. But, I have been married a long time. If I found my wife had a long time affair as in this story, it would be the end of us,no going back. But this was your story, and a really good one, thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lousy ending. "I love her, but I'm not in love with her". Then 3 paragraphs later you say "We love each other...". You can't have it both ways. No having your cake and eating it too. He can't trust her and without trust how does he stay with her? The stress alone puts him in an early grave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is a painful and realistic of the pain that can be inflicted by one person on another. Especially when children (even adult children) are involved. No children can easily accept the breakdown of a family. That said, the wife and daughter clearly manipulated him when he was relatively helpless: and he fell for it! Great story but disappointing ending.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

He and they needed lots of therapy. Couples and individual. He needed to learn to let go. He loved holding on to the hate, the anger and the betrayal.

Overall, great job. Thanks,

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFover 1 year ago

Pukg - he was alone, coming back from having dropped her off

It is disgusting that he would get back with her after an 18 month affair

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Good story minus the reconciliation part. 2+ yr affair is not a mistake but pure deceit and betrayal. Too bad the poor guy didn't find happiness with someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't see how reconciliation is possible with her betrayal over a mid age crisis. That is a playbook from cheating husbands. But her affair with the young doctor went on for a long time (how long exactly? Like 12 months or more?). How is that reconcilable. Technically I guess they never really reconciled. Live together and FWB relationship, never remarry and he is not "in love" with her and never will be. Loves her and doesn't want to be alone and has sexual relations with her. Eileen is at times frustrated that they will never recapture what they had, and he lies convincingly to keep string her on. Thought it was unfulfilled that as reader we don't learn a.lot about the affair. Like was she developing emotions for the doctor? Seems unlikely and she claims that was their last night. So then how frequent were they meeting? Was often enough that the night manager knew about them but the asshole doctor was busy banging others as well. On othe hand if they did 2-3 times a week in a hotel, that seems excessive and at same time is not consistent that they would just up and stop it. Helluva coincidence. So maybe a couple times a month for like 12-18 months? And the standard questions of not just why but why did she continue. Was the sex great? How does he compare. That shit festers on an aggrieved husband. Never comes up and we don't even learn much as a reader. But regardless, the reconciliation just kind of happens after his car accident. Why? Maybe friendship. But why further? Again not a full reconciliation but it is partial. Mostly well written but missing some key stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry with reference to prior post. I see now it was once every two to three months whenever she got depressed. And presumably over a period of about 18 months. So maybe like 7-8 times? That is an odd frequency. Instead of one long affair, it is really like a bunch of one night stands strung together with big gaps witj same asshole. Or more like using the same male escort every couple of months. This doesn't make the betrayal easier to swallow objectively speaking, but is consistent that she had real depression and needed a therapist not some young doctor pussy hound. It also supports why she is able to remain celibate the 5+ years post discovery and divorce. Again an odd frequency driven by mental health issues over depression. Otherwise rhe frequency woukd have been much higher. And it isn't opportunity based like say travel out of town or to conventions, it is triggered by her emotional state but wrapped up in her guilt. More believable now thatbshe was going to end it. And that she had no romantic feelings for the doctor. Her protestations that she always loved her husband are hard to comprehend but not impossible with that frequency. Terrible decision making though. She needed counseling not young strange cock.

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 year ago

Well written. The swinging thing geeky out of place... not out the blue since you did reference it. But psychological problems or no, that episide made it clear that he wasn't going to be ok with cheating.

That said, a long marriage in real life a life bond that's hard to break. Do while he it's a childish asshole whoop can't learn to move on, it's also understandable that he could find it tough to give his life partner up. Real life feelings are more complex than most other LW stories make then seem... however satisfying those fantasies may be.

Still, send here could try to move on....

Btw... aside fron the cheating... she was made out to be done sort of saint.... yet she tried to turn the kiss against him when it was her actions that triggered things.... so they were both assholes in the end...

CaptainbklCaptainbklabout 1 year ago

Cheating once is enough for me. Reconciliation after eighteen months of cheating makes him a cuck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A reconciliation would have been one thing but this came off as an a rupt RAAC, though with them living together as loving partners but no remarriage and a shadow of what they had, at least from the MC's viewpoint. They really never discussed what, why, when, etc. I cannot see a reconciliation without that information. Like the poster a few comments below said, it was like a series of one night stands with the same guy. Once every 2-3 months, seeing Xavier because he is safe and makes her feel sexy, but no emotional ties, and her sex life with her husband was excellent. It was all about her mental illness and her mid life crisis of getting old. He had one but dealt with it like and adult. She was selfish and betrayed their marriage. Though it went on for two years, it was a weird infrequent affair. While deserving of divorce and his disgust, it caused him immense pain to leave her. But he never seems to learn the details. She is too broken up in the lawyer's conference to communicate anything, he refused to ask questions or speak to her for like a year, and a he was devastated for her part in his pain and her lies. So if the plan was a reconciliation, then for pity's sake they need to do some things. First, she needs to go to therapy and figure out wtf why she did what she did, and own up to what she did on a personal level. Remaining celibate for 5 years is not enough but is believable to the reader because of what we know from her side. But not for Kieran. How would he know anything? Unless it happens off page, she never really confesses everything. He may protest it didn't matter, and that was true for the divorce, but in real life it absolutely matters if ANY shot at reconciliation years later. He needs to know the why, the who, the weird frequency, what she got out of it, and did they do anything they never did. The latter is not that important maybe because Kieran and Eileen had been VERY sexual for a long time. And finding out if Xavier was superior in bed is probably not credible, given Kieran and Eileen had great sex, he was considered a great lover by many women afterwards, and Xavier was a self entitled prick. Heck she even beat him up at the last visit after breaking it off, when she saw Kieran discover the affair (err series of gapped one night stands). While he claims it is all about the lying and lack of trust, any reconciliation needs the truth or at least details to have any chance. Period. Time also helps but they need to communicate. She has to show she went to therapy. With telling her story and therapy, her celibacy claim is more credible. Ask to go to counseling now after 5 years. He doesn't doubt her love. But trust is broken. I am not talking about remarriage. What is the point. But counseling, the truth, her going to therapy, etc would go a lot longer to a real reconciliation instead of a RAAC after a car accident and her being his personal nurse. Look the latter and her constant demeanor at family events and testimony by the kids, shows that she loves him. But the trust for her cheating sporadically about 10 times over 2 years, is just shot to hell. He needs information, even if it only happens during counseling to get over even the foothills of the mountain of distrust he faces. In this story the author has them avoid all that and voila they are together as loving FWBs, but a shadow of their marriage and a rollerciaster of emotions and distrust on his part. It isn't his fault. It is just the author chose this ending where theey grow old together and reconcile (to a point), but without doing the actual work. Hence a weird RAAC.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 1 year ago

Sorry this was almost believable but the 1 or more yrs of cheating would seal most fates in a marriage when caught in real life and there be no way back from that. If she really loved him, she wouldn't of cheated at all and he should've gave himself a chance to find someone else....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why the fuck is he back with her?

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

What a sad sad ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The whole series has been one wimpy man blundering through life like a pig in the mud bath! Despite the enormity of Eileen’s betrayal he seems unable to get himself together and find a way forward…hoping to be back in her cheating arms. It was actually sad realising that as a man ages he reverts to his natural status as a wimpy cuckold!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

what a waste of time

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He spent a forever being unmarried, only to write if off as a piece of paper. His divorce was a piece of paper also it had meaning, that meaning was the end of a relationship and seemed to be important for him to have. But a marriage license is also a piece of paper. A paper that also has meaning, a meaning of having a relationship, again as a result of her and his love for each other. They have come a long way,, and still have a long way of life left. Story was good and deserved a positive comment. Hurt is hurt and love is love, each need not be underestimated or over estimated and both should never be ignored.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut10 months ago

I've not marked this story, I didn't mark the initial parts as I saw them as an introduction to a story. With this being the end, I can see a well crafted story, but have no idea what I feel about it.

He never told his wife or even his daughter the truth. He never told them how, upon making the mistake and believing Eileen was sick or injured, his anger and hurt evaporated. I recently felt a small example of this where I had made a mistake and I felt a friend had treated me shabbily afterwards. They phoned for my help, I felt angry for less than 15 seconds, then helped them. The release of anger or upset is far better than keeping hold of the anger.

Not a direct criticism of this story but of the LW stories in general. Where do all these women who have cheated and suddenly become sorry at their behaviour and even contrite come from? Years after the event I've met women who realised they were foolish, stupid or even full on deranged. At the time, though, they all seem to have that inflated sense of rage and want to trash talk a spouse who may well have done nothing wrong. Please tell me if you haven't seen this from women. Never seen the exaggerated hate or deranged behaviour from men even when badly crossed. Again your opinion?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

<<I have to admit that our love never totally recovered. It's a shadow of what it was. I love her, but I am not in love with her. However, the love we share now is strong and much better than anything we could have found elsewhere, if at all>>

Only the most pathetic, scarcity-mentality-minded loser would use this logic to get back with a cheating hoe. seriously, he thought a woman who cheated on him so disrespectfully is the best he can do. The best HE'LL EVER DO? The fact that he had to be coerced to SETTLE for a hoe makes you happy? This is a happy ending? You're pathetic

TeggeTegge8 months ago

Great writing, great story! Life's too short. Live as much as you can!

nixroxnixrox8 months ago

5 stars - and I am glad to see they did not get re-married.

He would never trust her even even up to 50% for at least another decade, if not more.

Shacking up and living in sin is probably way more fun than being married.

Have a nice day

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Umm no. Just no. 1+ years cheating? Ok at least they won't remarry. But there is no way he trusts her and no way that she really loved him during her lengthy excursion from her vows. Meh. Whatever.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel5 months ago

Many if not most women in her situation experience the feelings she did; empty nest, getting older, hormone imbalance, etc. Most don't cheat, therefore these are reasons but NOT excuses. She had options for dealing with these things other than being a slut. She chose slutdom, reconciliation is out.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yes a happily ever after cucked. Why do these author's write a wimpy cucked husband if they are going to write a reconciliation story? Like show the action of the wife show her remorse,regret and action to get the husband back there's not a little a remorse of the wife here, she's just sorry she got caught. And the character of the MC wow , what a wimpy ass simp cucked of a husband you made him,

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The reconciliation took time but seemed to skirt the big issues, at least on page. This chapter, post rehabilitation, he is in a much less bitter mindset. Just a suggestion, if you want to justifiably have the characters reconcile, then lesson the betrayal. 8-10 times as one night (actually not even the night) stands, when she gets depressed about aging, planning on lying to her grave, is just too much. Plus her efforts to turn Mary against him (at least for a bit), was not cool. Have her accept a much lower division of assets. Yes no lovers for 5 years as in the story. Have her go to therapy. Have her drop a request for counseling. Make divorce easier on hubby. Not the LW trope of the car accident and wife takes care of him for months. Have him go to therapy. Have them slow date, but also go to counseling together. Have her write an impassioned letter after divorce. Set him free, and see if he comes back. Some combination of all these things. More discussion of how she was not ready to retire. Something. Just seems to big a back stabbing as is. 4 stars.

AceAureliaAceAurelia4 months ago

What happened to the passenger (escort) In the crash? Nicely written with a realistic “reconciliation “

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nope. Hated this reconciliation.

I mean I HATED it.

Rest of rhe series was good. This last installment? 1 star.

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

second read and I had a change of heart regarding this story from 5 months ago.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous