All Comments on 'Abby Ch. 03'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
Rvav8rRvav8rover 19 years ago
Another superb story!

As always, K.K. writes a believable story into which he weaves some pretty erotic stuff. It is easy to see why he's one of the top authors. Keep up the great work.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 19 years ago
another

Another great chapter.......... but very sad

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
LOOK SHE LEFT HIM

SHE BROKE THE WEDDING VOWS,WHY LET HER BACK IN HIS LIFE.YOU GOT MONEY START OVER AND HELP THE POOR.IF SHE LOVE HIM SHE WILL ASK TO COME BACK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great Job

Great Effort - After reading this chapter - I feel this is your BEST work to date this far into a story (not contrived as some have hinted)- now we know these people pretty well and why this is happening - yes it's sad but it's also painted pretty clearly due to your great feeling for emotion and circumstance. Deep feelings coupled with anger and rejection cloud rational thinking and communication - developing into loss of respect for self and a partner who doesn't seem to want to understand or care - then each's pride and new anger hinders and makes "near" impossible re-achieving old feelings and comfort levels.

This is a very pivotal point in your story. The challenge is to maintain the credibility of the what and where you have taken us so well this far. If this is the last chapter please don't compromise the length of it that you sacrifice the clarity and emotions you have worked so hard to sell us. Please don't rush to deliver. It doesn't need to be here so quickly that you arn't happy for the end product. Take your time to do it as well as you can. Space Worp Speed changes in positions estabolished by you over 3 chapters don't serve your purpose now just to quickly finish this fine effort.

Send us on our way with a thought provoking and real life ending. Letting us imagine a non-conclusive one is also an option (Yes, I can hear some screaming readers - sorry but it is just an optional ending).

Thanks and Regards

Ghost BearGhost Bearover 19 years ago
Very believable chapter

Although sad, this is the best chapter yet. I'm glad he decided to at least try to move ahead with Sarah. I understand there is one more chapter coming and I am curious as to how you will wrap this up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Can't put Humpty Dumpty back together again...

She left him, she screwed Ben, she is now regretting it. Too

bad for her.

I have been in his place and my ex still regrets dumping me,

so the kids say. I found a good woman who appreciates me &

understands the hard work and long hours. We just retired

(still young enough to enjoy it) and have enough money to

see the world. My ex is living in a dump and is an alcoholic.

The hero owes her nothing. If he can find a better woman,

go for it. Dating from the Para-legal pool is bad business,

but he doesn't have to marry her.

Your story is even better than I thought it would be, you

are to be congratulated. It appears you have offended no

one and pleased nearly everyone. Not many writers can say

that! The romantic in me wants them back together, but if

it were me, I would tell her to drop dead. She left him, she

broke the wedding vows (if he hired that detective, he might

find out she was dating before she left him..wouldn't THAT

be interesting). If it were me, and I thought I wanted to

get back with my wife, I would hire a detective to find out

about Ben and her other boyfriends. Is she a slut? A drunk?

A bitch? Our hero is on a different playing field now. He

is making good money and maybe she wants to share it? Since

SHE left him, she might do it again, for whatever reason...

nah...send her packing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Best yet

I have had my problems with your work in the past, mainly with your tendency to make your male characters so terminally dumb, as you did in the first two chapters of this story. However, this episode in simply brilliantly written and perfectly demonstrates a situation in which two people are desperately in love with each other but somehow have been unable to get it together. I am not, by nature, a romantic, but I find myself unreasonably concerned that he and Abby realise their destiny, which is to be together, and, reading between the lines, this is what she has in mind as much as he does, despite his denial in this chapter. With due respect and sympathy for Sarah, I hope this happens, though I can equally respect a much sadder outcome - these things happen. Either way, I will probably end up emotional (yes I am male!), just, please, no threesomes or sharing of any kind! More power to you KK. Writing like this is rare and to be savoured.

Litbees

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Excellent

This is an excellent story as are several of the others I have read from you. Keep up the good work, I like stories with some depth.

Thank you,

SiliconeSonyaSiliconeSonyaover 19 years ago
Wonderful

Once again you impress and delight me K.K.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
He needs to grow up!!

Let's get real! The guy was a total jerk to his wife, selfish, self-centered, and had no idea how to BE in a realationship (that is vs. telling her how the relationship will be!) The author is doing a good job framing the childish mentality of this man that greed of career can build. I'm looking forward to his total collapse and finally learning how to partner with a mate he loves!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very Sad.

It is so sad when two people cannot back down from their stubborn stance on an issue, especially one as important as their marriage. She, being a drama queen, thinking leaving would wake him up and he being so stubborn not to try and work through her issues with his career versus their time together. Then refusing to acknowledge his love for her.I hope he wakes up to himself, all it would probably take was a little humility and honesty on both sides to make them happier.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 19 years ago
Aren't thee TWO people here.

He's catching hell for being "SELFISH" but what about her? All the time she's pissn' and moanin' about him not making love to her she seems to forget that he's doing without sex, also.

It's a two way street. She needed to help him. He might have become a Junior partner much quicker without the nagging at home. Who knows?

So she's out fucking whomever she pleases and still wants to drive a stake into him.

I'm not sure who's selfish, at all.

Are you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
it is so funny

we need money to make the world go round and when work for it the people around you bitching about working to much.she fucks someone else and pissed at him get real did she leave him.she left now still make his life like shit.get in the real world,work to have the things you want.you have give in order to get the lady want cake and eat too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
what kind of lawyer is he can't stand the pressure

why throw the tapes away with her committing adultery.then the head problems,he in the wrong business.the story a good one.she act like she hasn't done a thing.she want her cake and eat it too.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Cutting your nose to spite your face…

So it seems at times in cases of separation and divorce. So many conflicting emotions are still there –almost never a simple linear narrative even by each side…

The author succeeds in giving a taste that feels very real. The bitterness; the anger; the regret; the love, are mixed and change roles, sometimes within minutes. Highly unstable emotions also lead to quite crazy behaviors. This chapter just hints about the undercurrent efforts to achieve through covert actions what was failed to be achieved through open communication (oh the fear of vulnerability). Did the wife try to draw back her husband his jealousy? It certainly looks like she knew much more about him than he ever suspected, almost to the point of the classic reversal of roles: Watcher – Watched. Usually this reversal spells bad news for the one who so far has been “securely” watching, only to find to his shock that all that time he was in fact being watched, and fed with a nicely played show. (A classic film in this tradition is “The back window” by Hitchcock). I don’t know how much of what is hinted in this chapter (reg. this covert knowledge and actions) becomes explicit in the last chapter, but who knows, there is always a new story around the corner…

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Is it just me.

Weeding vows say forsaking all others. Is it just me or does anybody else believe that means as long as you are married. Separation is not a license to go fuck whomever you please. I have no sympathy for either of them. He is too much of a wimp and she can not make short term sacrifices for long term gain. I still like the story just not the main characters.

Fighting41Fighting41almost 13 years ago
Why?

Doesn't he just eat a bullet what a sad sack of a character He isn't happy with his starting position, he isn't happy with his junior partner position, he isn't happy with his wife, he isn't happy being separated from his wife just do us all a favor and curl up and die

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
I rated this chapter 2**.

It is beginning to sound like Abby is going to be desperate to keep him instead of being glad to be rid of the jerk. In real life, Abby would be over and done with the relationship. Therefore, the implication that she wishes to have him make the story unbelievable and therefore deserving the low 2** rating I gave this chapter.

When women leave and/or file for divorce, it is after they have already grieved for a year, the length of time it typically takes to get over a long-term love relationship. In real life, Abby had her year of grieving so she is over him. His grieving didn't start until she left so he is still grieving over the relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck knows shit

about real life

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck knows shit

about real life

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Just like I commented after the last chapter! This guy is a first class loser!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

what a smuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
For a lawyer he did-not get it. What a shumck

This guy is messing up his life , what taking so long to figure it out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
stupid

He was stupid to ignore her.....don't know how she felt....but they were still married and she was fucking another man.....extremely cruel and beyond stupid . You did say they were college graduates, right?

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
He Is SO Dense!

She was obviously trying to tell him she still loved him, and his comment about getting more work done showed that he was still a workaholic.

shadowdustershadowdusterabout 9 years ago
If he was anything but a lawyer

I could almost feel sorry for him but he is so dumb he will never see the truth.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
He should be smart enough to know why

Abby has been behaving as she has. And, if he KNOWS he is depressed, he should get some meds. That should calm him down enough so he can figure out what he needs to do. KK is building this story quite nicely, but could have used an editor/proofreader.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Typical woman

Won't say what's on her mind, wants him to use his telepathy. Gets pissed when that fails.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Why are your characters so stupid?

You seem to want to insult the readers' intelligence. This character is a lawyer yet has the reasoning powers of a moronic illiterate juvenile. Please change this trend. Your story lines are quite good but your characters are hopeless and your dialogue is too stilted and unsophisticated. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
ha!

the comments section is ultimately more entertaining than the story itself.

GoodhueGoodhueover 7 years ago
Obvious!

The truth is clear to see! Abby has finally learned what the rest of us know and that is that lawyers are heartless sharks who care only about billable hours!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago

Was the note truly congratulatory or was it sarcasm? I remembered that she had said something similar on the phone the last time we spoke. It was a riddle I couldn't solve ...

Really? This guy is truly dense.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
Lightbulb

So, the lightbulb is finally going off in his head. He should listen to the old classic song, "Is that all there is?". I supposed now he will turn over a new leaf, but really, guys this dense never really pull out of it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Abby

"I guess nothing has changed then." - In other words he's still married to his job.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
... Nice to see Mike grow a pair.

Hopefully, he can find a way to move on completely, and get the happiness he obviously craves.

Doesn't matter with whom, though - could be with Abby, Sarah or anyone else, but Mike gotta find a way to be happy or, at least, mildly content with his life. Otherwise, the depression will win, at the end.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

One pf the quickest ways to never make Senior Partner is to be having an affair with a paralegal. There is a huge discrepancy in responsibility and supervision between an employee who has not passed the state bar examination and a JP … and Hubby is STILL a married man. That adds the business’s morality code to the awkwardness of Hubby and Ginger Paralegal not being assigned to work on the same cases. Also, Hubby having to recuse himself in any Partners Evaluation Meetings of paralegals.

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

OK, last chapter I called him a loser. But I have to admit, the story is very good. His character is maturing brilliantly.

5* for this chapter.

LegacybadLegacybad3 months ago

Its a good story, but I just dont get this guy. Abby deserves better. So far I dont see many redeeming qualities in him.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous