All Comments on 'Accidents Will Happen'

by HunterShambles

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
sucks

ho hum

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
And?

You gave the characters opportunity after opportunity and ended up with nothing. Get someone to teach you about sex and try again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
join the world

The author needs to join the world community in use of various words. The world understands and uses "mum/mummy" in a far different way than as reference to a female parent, but this author doesn't know this very fact.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
no incest yet?

I hope you are better at finishing stories than the rest of the wannabes here. this needs much more and needs some sex but keep the mom and dad out of it that always ruins a story. so far it gets a zero vote because your story hasn't properly qualified for this category yet, it would have been better to wait until you had the whole story written or atleast until there was some real incest to read about. from now on don't post anything until you have the whole story written out in rough draft including chapter breaks then you can edit an post one chapter a day and the readers don't get left hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Re: join the world

To the comment below who arrogantly thinks he understands English, I have the following message: Actually dude, you're wrong. Waaaaay wrong. Only yanks (and even then it's not all of them) call their mothers "mom". The rest of the English speaking world knows, understands and uses "mum".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Nice

Nice start. Can't wait for the continuation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I always have thought that ....

... calling your mother "Mom" was a stupid affectation!

Here, in the UK, where ENGLISH originated, it is, as stated elsewhere, 'Mum'.

However, only children, or adults who've got developmental issues, would call her 'Mummy'!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Two countries separated by a common language.

May I please be forgiven if I say, 'Who the hell cares?'

It has always amused me that the word 'fanny' refers to the posterior in American English, and to the vagina in British. At least 30 or so years ago. Probably converged by now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story!!!

Keep up the good work. I hope there's more to this!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Re "Join the world"

Thank you for your long and very much to the point comment about ignorant Americans, couldn't have put it better myself. Where I live the local US forces radio station even has commercials urging its members not to be "rude, Ignorant, obnoxious Americans:, I kid you not.

brosismombrosismomalmost 10 years ago
wtf was that

crap,story premise was okay,it started to get promising, but it then never went anywhere,

there's a good story there and you almost got there but please

you wash her,she plays with you for a second,then tell mom and dad about it, they tease you and laugh it off

either finish the story or please don't bother starting it

ChrissrChrissralmost 10 years ago
A couple of points to ponder

1. Nice start to a good story, leaves plenty of possibilities for future chapters.

2. Not all Americans are idiots, so please do not put all of us in one category. Otherwise you just lower yourself to his level.

3. Let's leave the rest of the comments to the story.

Thank You

HunterShamblesHunterShamblesalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Sorry

Wow, sorry I published this, I thought it was a good story and developed well. Thanks for your comments, all of them really. I don't think there's anything else I can or want to do with these charactors now. Again thank you. Sorry I caused such a storm in a teacup.

HS

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
what a bunch of cry babies.

English did not originate in the colonies. it came over from the U.K. with the british who colonized the new world. French, germans, Italians, and native americans also contributed to the evolution of the language and it has continued to evolve and transform to this day. there are writers from Canada, Australia, great Britain, the states, and many other "English" speaking countries who contribute on this site. They should all be welcome. And, we should all embrace the many differences and be grateful for and celebrate the regional colloquialisms. If your personal variation of English happens to be different from the author, get over it, learn from it, and be grateful we have another author willing to write stories for us to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good beginning

I thought your story was well written, but hoped it was just the first chapter. HS, I think there is a lot more you can add to this story. The characters are interesting and the family dynamic is good whether brother and sister explore alone, or the parents get involved too. Please don't stop here! And don't let one grumbly American reader turn you off from writing! I am an American reader who enjoys stories written by authors from all over the world. Again, please don't let one reader stop you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

stopped dead at the reference to when they were kids! total and instant removal from the fantasy. nice writing up until then but i cannot go on after that one reference, just freaked me out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
When I realized I'm an American

They called an ambulance and went to the hospital for a hand wound. Honestly that's the part of the story that blew me away the most. Otherwise it was fun.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous