Adonis in the Flesh Ch. 04

Story Info
Ellena's past comes back to the present.
19.1k words
4.4
7.8k
10

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 06/17/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
elle137
elle137
147 Followers

Hello darlings! I have FINALLY gotten the chance to edit and tweak this chapter after a very, very, verrrrrry long hiatus. I apologize for that, as a reader I know how frustrating it can be when authors don't finish a story, or have long wait times between posts. I will try to be more frequent with posts, but life does come in the way sometimes! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter of Adonis! Just a bit of a warning, it is a bit of a darker chapter, and a small violent scene takes place. I hope you all like this chapter, and please do continue to message, email and comment! It encourages me to write more, and frankly whoops my ass into shape when ya'll yell at me to finish the next chapter! 

Enjoy!

E

Chapter 4:

Ellena stared at Gabe, not quite recognizing the man standing before her. His eyes were burning a hole into Keira's head; his entire body was stiff with rage. The teasing, passionate man of a few minutes ago had completely vanished.

"You know her?" she asked looking back and forth between him and Keira. He ignored her question.

"What the fuck are you doing here Keira?"

She began laughing hysterically, taking deep breaths to steady herself.

"Oh this is just too good to be true!" she crooned, "You must be Ellena's date!"

The friendly demeanor Keira had previously expressed with Ellena immediately slipped and in its place was a woman who looked cruelly back at her. What the hell was going on here? Why did Gabe have murder in his eyes and why was Keira all of a sudden hostile towards her?

"Would one of you care to explain what exactly is going on?"

"Shall I do the honours, or would you like the pleasure of telling her about our oh-so-tragic tale?" she asked Gabe cruelly.

He simply glared at her, the fury in his eyes warning her not to open that bag of bones. He didn't want Ellena to be subjected to this, didn't want her tainted by Keira's malice. She of course ignored him completely and continued speaking.

"Gabriel and I used to be engaged, that is until he caught me sleeping with his best friend," she laughed haughtily, as if announcing the proudest achievement of her life. "I'm a walking cliché, what I can say...Kyle was just too delicious to ignore, and let's face it I was never the domestic type. I'm surprised to see you out Gabby, I thought you were still pining over me," she said in a sickly sweet voice, her lips pouting.

"I would rather have my balls cut off with a dull knife than even contemplate getting back with you Keira," he spat.

"My, my, what a temper we've developed," she continued laughing, the sound beginning to grate on Ellena's nerves.

"Ellena, grab your purse, we're leaving."

She was about to protest, not wanting some ex of his ruin the night, but the look he gave her told her not to argue. She turned, asked the bartender to hand her bag and Gabe's jacket, downing the rest of her drink, because God knew she needed it, before hopping off the bar stool she had been sitting in.

"Bye Ellena," Keira's voice sang, her fingers wiggling a goodbye gesture.

Gabe grabbed Ellena by the arm and began dragging her out of the club, his face twisted with rage. She stumbled a few times in her heels, unable to keep up with his long, fast strides. He didn't notice. Once they were outside, she wrenched her arm free of his grasp.

"I can walk on my own thank you," she said coldly, pissed that the night had turned so sour. Just my luck, she thought, the one fucking night I decide to test the waters, it gets ruined by a bitchy ex. Her cold demeanor seemed to snap him back to where he was. His face softened a bit as he looked at her.

"I'm sorry Ellena, I was just caught off guard," he sighed running his hands through his hair, "She just...brings out the worst in me," his face held a tight smile, "Did I hurt you?" he asked, tenderly lifting her arm.

"I'm fine," she shrugged him off, "can we just go?" she asked, continuing the walk to the car.

This was such a big mistake. She had been excited at first, but the night had turned into a whirlwind of emotions she most definitely did not seem ready to face. Throw in a bitter ex and a doubly bitter date and the night had turned out just peachy. It was a bloody soap opera, she thought, almost laughing at the thought. It was too bad really, she had liked Keira, in the brief interaction she had with the woman. That was until she did a complete one eighty and adopted the title of Gabe's ex. She had reminded her of herself years ago, entertaining and uninhibited.

She was walking fast, trying to reach the car, eager to get back to her apartment, when her heel caught in a small crack in the pavement and she went flying forwards. Gabe tried to catch her but he was just a fraction of a second too late, and she hit the pavement palms first, her knees dragging painfully against the rough ground.

"Fuck," she huffed struggling to get up, when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist and lifted her.

"Jesus Ellena, slow down. Are you okay?" he asked worriedly, letting her go and crouching down to check her knees.

She felt like crying right there. She felt embarrassed and confused. What a fucking mess! Why did she even care? She didn't even want to go out on a date, all month she had been resisting. Sure, she had actually enjoyed herself briefly, and had felt an attraction to the man in front of her, but the incident with Keira had completely thrown her off course. Keira had cheated on Gabriel. The moment the other woman had said that, Ellena's heart dropped to her stomach. What would he say when he learned she had done the very thing that he despised about his ex, and that it had ultimately led to the death of her own fiancé.

It shouldn't matter anyways, she thought, this whole night just proves I'm so not the girl for Gabe. There was no future for them, she was too fucked up, and he had his own demons to deal with, that much was obvious. So why was she so upset that it had been ruined? She should feel happy; it gave her the excuse she needed to curl back up into her cocoon and keep everyone at bay. She had been resisting Gabe so much, she hadn't really thought about how she could feel if she allowed him in. The small glimpse she had tonight had confused the hell out of her, but it had thrilled her all the same.

It hit her then that maybe she didn't want that anymore. She realized then that this was what she feared the most. She knew she would feel something for Gabriel the moment she met him, and she had used her past as an excuse to stay away. She recognized now that although she did fear Jared's ominous promise, she feared Gabe's rejection even more. He was sure to reject her when he found out the truth.

She winced and sucked in a sharp breath as Gabe touched her knee, bringing her out of her thoughts. She looked down and saw both her knees were raw and bleeding, the skin pulled off roughly, small bits of gravel embedded in places. The stinging in her palms told her they had received similar treatment. She fought the tears that were threatening to spill over. He had taken his blazer and began dabbing the blood trickling down her leg.

"Gabe no, you'll ruin your jacket!"

"You're bleeding Ellena, screw the jacket...It really is a shame – such beautiful legs," he looked up at her, adopting his usual suave charm, "Come on," he said rising, putting an arm around her and gently leading her to the car. Each step sent a sharp pain down her legs and she gasped, holding her breath.

He stopped, noticing her pain and picked her up in his arms. She shrieked in surprise, but he ignored her and kept walking.

"Put your arms around me, it'll make it easier," he said quietly.

"I'll ruin your shirt, my hands are bl-"

He let out a huff, "I could care less about the shirt Ellena," his eyes were boring into hers, and she found herself wrapping her arms around his neck. God he smelled amazing, she thought resting her head against his chest. What was wrong with her! She shouldn't be thinking like this, not after everything that happened.

When they reached the car he set her down, and opened the door as she got in. She unhooked the clasp on her heels and took them off, not wanting to risk another fall when she walked up to her apartment. Gabe stepped in next to her and started the car. They sat in silence, both lost in their own thoughts, until she realized he wasn't headed towards her apartment.

"Where are we going? This isn't the way home."

"Yes it is, we're going to my place," he said matter-of-factly.

"But-"

"You're hurt Ellena, I have the necessary supplies at home to clean your wounds and bandage them. You're not going home until I'm satisfied you're ok." His tone brooked no argument.

She grunted, "What are you a doctor or something?"

"Actually, yes I am. I'm surprised Toni never mentioned it to you."

She stared at him astounded. Will the wonders never cease? She thought. A doctor who could salsa, and looked like the human incarnation of Adonis himself. She realized she didn't know much about Gabriel Di Sisto. In everyone's effort to push them together they forgot to offer her any information on the man. She wondered what he knew about her.

"He told me you're an architect," he said as if reading her mind, glancing over at her.

She simply nodded her head. He was avoiding the topic of Keira by steering the conversation around to her. Before she could bring it up, they pulled into a drive way of a beautiful townhome, minutes away from the central core of downtown. She struggled to get out of the car, the blood on her knees having dried a bit, cracked open again. Gabe had her in his arms again before she knew what was happening. He strode up the stairs as if she weighed nothing, unlocked the door, rather awkwardly and pulled them into a dark hallway. He switched on a light and closed the front door with his foot. Her eyes took a moment to adjust to the sudden brightness, but they came into focus just as he set her down on the kitchen counter.

The kitchen was nicely sized, clean and modern with stainless steel appliances and dark granite counter tops. It opened into a sitting room, which was decorated in dark leather sofas, glass tables, black and white artwork along the walls. It screamed bachelor pad but as modern as it was, it still felt warm and inviting. He had a large exposed brick wall and wood beams throughout the apartment, which gave it the right amount of warmth and charm.

She turned and watched Gabe pull a box from a drawer and set it down next to her. He opened it and began fiddling with various ointments, bandages and cotton swabs. He pulled out a pair of tweezers that looked far too pointy to be around an open wound. She hated anything to do with hospitals, even simple things like bandages; too many painful memories. The irony that Gabe was a doctor hit her then. He looked up at her and saw the slight panic in her eyes.

"Not afraid of a pair of tweezers, are we?" he asked, teasing her again.

"No," she said, barely convincing herself. He chuckled.

"I would never hurt you Ellena," he said seriously, his honey eyes penetrating hers, "Now, sit back and relax while the doctor works his magic."

"It seems every time I'm around you I end up hurt."

"I had nothing to do with Josh's horrible aim, and definitely had no hand in your fall, that was all you."

She rolled her eyes, but leaned back, so her arms were supporting her. She winced immediately, forgetting her palms were just as torn up. She began apologizing profusely for getting blood on his counters, but he simply rolled his eyes. He looked up from her knees, reaching for her hands and turned them gently in his.

"Those heels were sexy as hell Ellena...but maybe learn how to walk in them first next time," he said while scrutinizing her hands, then beginning to work on them, pulling out small bits of gravel.

"The ground was uneven," she snapped, his teasing beginning to annoy her.

The corners of his mouth twitched slightly, but he didn't reply, merely focused on her hand. When he pulled the last bit of gravel, he soaked a cotton pad with an antiseptic and wiped her palms, she hissed as the fluid stung, causing her to pull her hands back.

"Will you stop being such a baby," he said exasperated, pulling her hands back towards him. She glared back at him.

He finished cleaning the cuts and spread some sticky ointment on them before wrapping them in a thin bandage. I look like a boxer, she thought, maybe I should throw a couple of punches; his ego could use some bruising. Quelling the urge to hit him, she contented herself with the thought that if she wanted to, she could cause considerable damage to his pretty face. He was bending over her knees and beginning the process over again. If she thought her palms were painful, her knees were a whole other ball park. The gravel had imbedded deeper into her skin with the force of the fall. She felt the coldness of the tweezers digging into her skin, pulling the bits out. She ground her teeth together to keep from groaning.

"So why did you become an architect?" he asked, trying to take her mind off the pain.

"Actually, it was your father that suggested it to me...I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life when I moved here. I didn't know much aside from dance, but realistically, the chances of making it big as a dancer were slim," she smiled wryly.

"Oh I don't know about that Twinkle Toes...you danced beautifully," he practically whispered gazing up at her, his fingers trailing behind her knee.

She sucked in a breath, his touch was so light but it sent tingles across her body. She bit her lip and looked away before she lost herself in those deep honey eyes. She heard him chuckle and then resume bandaging her knee.

"I saw your parents home," she continued as if he hadn't just ignited a new fire within her, "it's a piece of art, and I learned he had designed it. He showed me all the drawings. I don't know why but it spoke to me, and I found myself drawing, designing my own 'dream home', he saw my sketches and suggested I try enrolling in an architecture program. The rest is history."

"Knowing my father, he didn't just suggest, he probably enrolled you without your knowledge and told you the day before classes started."

She laughed at his accurate guess, Dario Moretti usually got his way, and in her case, she was glad he had.

"Is Keira the reason you never wanted to meet me?" she asked suddenly.

He sighed, finishing up her leg and putting away everything into the tin box before turning to face her, "It doesn't matter why, we've met already, and I'm kicking myself for not listening to Toni sooner...Don't tell him I said that though," he added after a pause.

"If I remember correctly, you did not want anything to do with me either," he joked

"If it doesn't matter, why did you get so angry back there?" she pushed, not sure why, he obviously didn't want to talk about Keira. Maybe the alcohol she had was making her mouth move faster than her brain could think.

"Just leave it Ellena. She is not someone I associate with any more, nor do I wish to."

"She seems to want to 'associate' with you, though," she said before she could stop herself. What was wrong with her? Why was she all of a sudden worried he was still hung up on Keira. Why did it hurt to think of them together, when she herself did not want to meet Gabe when Toni suggested it?

"Drop it Ellena!" he yelled, his anger sparking as he ran his hand through his hair and turned his back to her.

She was taken aback slightly, his demeanor reminded her of Jared when he got angry. Oh stop it Ellena, she thought to herself, not everyman is comparable to that asshole.

"Sorry..." she whispered.

They sat in silence for a moment before she figured the night was probably over now and hopped off the counter; surprised she wasn't in pain anymore. Her wounds felt slightly numb. Must be the ointment he used, she thought. She grabbed her heels and began making her way to the door and managed to get it halfway open, before a hand came from behind her and slammed it shut. She felt him close behind her, trapping her in between him and the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" he growled behind her ear.

"Home," she stated, as if it should be obvious.

"And how exactly were you planning on getting there?" he asked, a hint of annoyance creeping into his tone.

"I was going to call a taxi, so if you'll excuse me..." she tried opening the door again, but he held it firmly shut.

"Gabe, let me out. This night has already turned into enough of a disaster, there's no need to prolong it by spending another second together driving me home!" Her voice had grown slightly panicky, and he wondered why she looked so terrified. Perhaps he was acting foolish, but he didn't think he warranted the look on her face.

"Ellena," he sighed, "I'm sorry. Like I said, she just doesn't bring out the best in me. I'm sorry I let it ruin the night, I'm also sorry I just lost my temper with you, you didn't deserve that. Let me drop you off at home, make sure you're ok."

When she didn't answer, he wrapped an arm around her waist and turned her around to face him. She stared at his chest, not wanting to look into his face. He ran a finger along her jaw before tilting her head up so she would look him in the eyes. He looked sad, his eyes screaming an apology.

"Please..."

"Fine."

She pulled out of his embrace and turned around, flung the door open and made her way towards the car. She could hear him sigh heavily, before quickly grabbing his keys and following her. She tried to calm her breathing before he caught up with her. That scenario was eerily close to one that had left her destroyed years ago, causing her to panic slightly. She shook her head, she was being stupid and she knew it. Gabriel was not Jared, she repeated to herself. He would never do what that pig had done to her.

As much as she wanted to pursue anything with Gabe, she realized tonight that would be too painful for both of them. She had agreed to one date, and that date was now over. She would not be seeing Gabriel Di Sisto after tonight. He was in too much pain from Keira, it was obvious. She had too much baggage, baggage she did not want to drop on an already hurting man. No, it would be better this way. Besides, if he ever learned the truth, he'd leave without so much as a glance back at her, and that thought was more painful than her ending whatever it was they shared at the moment.

As they drove towards her apartment, he attempted to open up several conversations, but Ellena kept shutting each one down with a short remark, and he eventually gave up. She stared ahead of her, every muscle in her body stiff. Once he parked in front of her building, she opened the door and started heading up the stairs to the main entrance. She heard his car door slam and his heavy footsteps behind her, but she didn't turn around.

"What the fuck is your problem Ellena?" he said loudly, trying to reign in his temper. "Why won't you let anyone in? I've been practically groveling at your damn feet for a month; everyone is hell-bent on us being together, except you! You brush everything off like its nothing, like people's feelings aren't involved!" His voice was steadily getting louder as he yelled at her back.

"So I didn't want to talk about my ex the first night we went out! Can you really blame me? I finally get you to say yes to me and the entire night goes to shit because of that woman, so forgive me for trying to keep her from further poisoning our night."

She stood frozen in her spot as he vented at her, she could practically feel the waves of his rage hitting her back, but she didn't turn around. She knew he was right, she was acting foolish, and he had every right not to discuss his past relationships. She didn't want to look in his eyes and melt as she did every single time she looked into them. She didn't want to hurt him anymore. If this whole thing ended now, at the first bloom of their relationship, it would save both of them a lot of trouble down the line. She already felt strongly for him, and he seemed to reciprocate those feelings, and they hadn't even begun to explore them fully. If it was like this now, how would it feel a month from now? It all seemed too much for her, too soon. Her instincts were to shut down, put up her walls again, with double the mortar.

elle137
elle137
147 Followers