Adventures of the Cohort Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fuu... uuck..." she panted breathlessly as their pelvises crashed together, the sound of their sex incredibly loud. Her eyes stared into his, the pleasure that flowed through her evident as the twin points of amber slowly drifted in and out of focus.

She was trembling slightly, the ecstasy that was building causing her ever-contracting muscles to quiver in anticipation. Need was etched on her gorgeous face and her mouth hung open as insistent moans escaped from it.

"I'm... I'm..." she cried, slamming her hips downwards, drawing every possible fraction of Mikael's cock into her. "I'm close..."

"Me too," Mikael grunted back, his balls tightening. The walls of her snatch tremored in expectation and her beautiful face reflected the incredible need for release that filled every fibre of her being. Her large breasts shook wildly at the force of their sex, and Mikael halted their swinging with his hands. He squeezed them lightly, tweaking her nipples, and the added sensation was all the stunning shaman needed.

"By the... Gooodsss..." she wailed, her orgasm cresting. Rapture trickled through her mind, ready to explode into her spirit, its zenith finally reached. The pleasure of Mikael's hands on her breasts sparked through her, and her climax erupted with a blast of pure ecstasy.

"YEEEESSSS!" she screamed, smashing her hips down onto Mikael's member as she came. Elation seared into her mind, bliss rendering her temporarily unable to think as the rapture of her release bombarded her. Her walls gripped a tight hold of Mikael's cock and convulsed against its length, her body displaying her extreme pleasure as her muscles shuddered in the throes of such a massive orgasm.

With a cry of his own Mikael thrust upwards, his cock twitching as he came, thick streams of sticky cum splashing into her depths. Her pussy contracted wildly with her release, and her frenzied ecstasy only further heightened Mikael's pleasure as his seed coated the slick walls of her snatch. Her intense amber eyes blazed with the force of the monumental climax, her body rigid as if she thought only of the paradise that suffused her.

It took a long time for such a titanic climax to fade, but eventually her eyelids drooped as her energy drained away. With a loud sigh Cassandra collapsed on top of him, laughing faintly as the last dregs of rapture shivered through her. Mikael wrapped his arms around her back, stroking his fingers through her soft red braids, and smiled broadly in his own post-climactic state.

They remained that way a moment, silent but for their loud breathing. Mikael enjoyed the feeling of his new companion pressed against him, her smooth skin and gorgeous form so supple under his touch. At last, she spoke, pulling her head away to stare into his eyes.

"Thank you," she giggled, leaning in to kiss him again.

"For what?"

"For finally taking off your pants."

****************************************

It was still hot when Mikael awoke the next day. He stretched his arms, wondering what time it was, and looked around. His eyes opened wide with fear when he realised he was alone.

Cassandra was gone.

Leaping to his feet, he hurried to the pile of armour he had left in the corner, hastily putting it on. He attached his two scabbards and pulled on his boots last, before wiping the sweat from his brow and moving over to the wall through which he had entered. He bit his lower lip; he had no idea how to open it again.

Closing his eyes he scanned the area in front of him with his magical senses, hoping to find some form of trigger to widen the crevice. He found nothing and opened his eyes again with a nervous grunt.

Suddenly, the wall shifted. Mikael jumped backwards, wondering what he had done to open it after all, and a long, relieved sigh left his lungs as Cassandra slipped through the widening gap.

"Miss me?" she laughed, noting the expression on his face. With a flick of her wrist the gap sealed once more.

"I did wonder where you'd gone," Mikael nodded nonchalantly. "But I was not too concerned."

"Well, considering that when I left you were fast asleep and now you're fully dressed and dripping with sweat, I think I'll doubt the sincerity of that statement somewhat."

Mikael smiled. "Fine, I admit that I was a little worried. And I couldn't get that crevice open!"

"That's the point," Cassandra winked back. "Only I can. I didn't think you'd be desperate to get out whilst I was gone."

"And where was it that you went?"

She shrugged. "I was looking around, seeing what had changed. I checked to see whether the stones were empty, which they are, and then took a brief detour behind these caves."

"And what is behind these caves?"

"The slave camp where I was born," she smiled weakly back. "And it is still there."

He opened his eyes wide with shock. "There's a slave camp here?"

"Of course," Cassandra returned. "Slaves are not allowed out into the wilderness or in the city; those are grounds trodden only by those permitted by the Elemental Lords. The slaves are kept in large encampments and this particular one belongs to the city that you saw."

"And so the slaves are all in there?"

"Yes," she said. "Every one of them. They are deemed too inferior by the elementals to even consider taking them away except for tasks that are either menial or will end in near-certain death."

"Can we save them?" Mikael said, his fist flexing slightly as it sought the comfort of his blade.

She nodded. "Perhaps, when we are at full strength. I admit, I would very much like to try, but we cannot at this moment. There are only two of us. When Victor and your Sisters have joined us, then maybe we will have sufficient power to overcome the guards."

"Then we shall free them then."

Cassandra smiled broadly. "I am glad to hear it. But we must first complete our task. It would not serve well to rescue the slaves trapped on this plane whilst our home burns."

"That is true," he agreed. "And if my charm is replenished then we must leave."

With a nod, Cassandra turned back to the crevice. It opened with a single word of power and she slipped back through the entrance. Mikael followed her, noticing the fire dull and go out as he left. The opening slid shut again once he had passed through.

They wound their way through the tunnels back to the surface once more, the warmth growing as they neared the rays of the burning sun. Mikael already missed the relative coolness of the hideaway and resolved to try and not think about the stifling heat. As the tunnels slowly brightened, Mikael distracted himself from the rising temperature by staring at Cassandra's beautiful figure.

Even with her armour on she was a wonderful sight, and since she had not yet attached her cloak much of her flesh was revealed. He could not see her generous bosom but her smooth shoulders were exposed and her short skirt displayed most of her magnificent legs as she strode through the tunnels. His loins responded to the call of her body, and he allowed them to. Any distraction was better than this heat.

After a short while they emerged into the sunshine. It was morning, but Mikael could not tell. It was still sweltering, sweat dripping from his brow as they made their way slowly through the low haze of dust. The sun cast a murky glow across the brown desert around them, its warmth intense but its light dulled by the clouds of dirt that obscured it.

They reached the stones after a walk that seemed to take hours. Even as he walked Mikael knew time could not possibly be passing that slowly, but the heat was overpowering and he wanted to be home. He had had enough of the Plane of Fire, at least for a short while.

Once they reached the rocky side of the hill Mikael began to climb. Cassandra followed, her smooth skin glistening with sweat as she brushed her red braids from her face. She puffed out her cheeks at the strenuous effort in the heat and hauled herself onto the first rock.

It was a brief climb and soon they were stood at the edge of the rocky outcrop. Mikael looked around, searching for any signs of enemy ambush, though he had almost come to expect these stones to be deserted. He could see none, and with a nod at Cassandra, stepped forwards.

They walked quickly to the middle of the circle, keeping low so that they could not be seen were anyone to be watching the outcrop. I'm looking forward to being able to walk upright again, Mikael grimaced. After a quick final glance around, he closed his eyes, and as he had done the previous day, probed for his charm.

This time he found it alive with magic, a flare of power in the glittering halo of the stones. He grasped it, allowing the energy to rush into him, and his breath caught in his throat as the sorcerous forces suffused his spirit. His amulet flashed and suddenly he was plunging through space, the sensation he had experienced only the previous day sending his mind spinning as his body plummeted.

****************************************

He landed more delicately this time, the only indication of his inexperience with inter-planar travel a slight stumble as his feet touched the ground. The bright light of his home plane caused him to blink rapidly, but his eyes soon adjusted to it, and he looked around with a smile.

The ground directly around Scorch's Point was burnt and brown as always, but beyond that heather and grass stretched away across the vast hills. Though he may have seen it all before, and when compared to some of the other scenery he had set eyes upon in his short lifetime it was nothing spectacular, it was nonetheless a welcoming sight. The previous day had been spent in incredible heat as dusty brown stretched off in every direction. Here it might have been hot but it was nothing compared to the Plane of Fire, and the greenery around him filled him with joy.

With a swoosh Cassandra swept into being next to him, her hair and clothes billowing in a magical breeze. Her garments settled soon after, the energy of her spell spent, and they looked at one another. Mikael laughed and Cassandra joined him.

He grinned. "It's good to be home. I never thought I'd be so pleased to see grass!"

"You should try and imagine the first time I came through here," Cassandra giggled back. "I wondered what this poisonous green substance all around was. I thought I'd accidentally entered some demonic plane!"

Mikael laughed in return and his eye was caught by a flash of movement to his left. He spun quickly, his mirth halted as his combat instincts rose to the fore. He relaxed as a familiar figure strode into view.

"Welcome back," Lucinda smiled at them as she stepped from behind one of the larger stones. "Sorry about the secrecy but I was watching the stones to make sure no one but you came through."

Mikael nodded. "No problem. It's just nice to be here again."

"I can well imagine. It is good to see you both alive. Did you obtain the charms?"

Cassandra opened her pouch and poured the charms into her palm. "Yes we did. Six magical amulets."

Lucinda beamed at them. "Good, then we can continue. We should return to the sanctuary, where we can discuss this with the rest of our companions."

With a joyful bounce to his step, Mikael set off for the sanctuary. He wore a smile as he walked, enjoying the cooler air and the freshness of the wind. The walk was short, almost too short, and he was soon stepping into the cave behind which the sanctuary was hidden.

When Mikael and Cassandra stepped through the entranceway to the sanctuary proper, they were greeted with the delighted faces of their other five companions. Lucinda stepped in behind them with a small wave as the rest surrounded the two returnees, quizzing them on their trip. After a brief while of answering questions on the nature of the Plane of Fire itself, Mikael and Cassandra set about addressing the main topic of attention.

"We have the six charms," Mikael said, looking at the six faces who watched him intently.

"Here," Cassandra said, handing one to each of their companions. "Look after them; we have no spares!"

Kristine pocketed her amulet and looked back at the two speakers. "Did you find anything other than the charms?"

"A slave camp," Cassandra said. "Although we did not so much find that as confirm that it was still there. If possible, we would like to do something about it, but of course our task is of more importance."

"Indeed," the paladin responded with a serious look. "But if something can be done, then we shall do it."

"How long until my charm is replenished again?" Mikael asked Cassandra, wondering when they could return and finish their quest.

Quintia's words flashed in front of him. It is easier to travel to the Plane of Fire than from it. If it took only a day for it to build enough power for the journey back then I suspect it will take no more than a few hours to build enough for the journey there.

"What about Scorch's Point itself? We didn't use the energy in the stones for our passage so might they have recharged enough for another group of Firebound? It would do us no good to allow enemies to traverse the border whilst we are in the Plane of Fire."

Cassandra smiled. "No, they are too weak. It was said the other day that they were unpredictable and that is still true. They are a while away from being ready to sustain a portal -- though if we take too long, of course, then that might be a risk."

"Then we must go as soon as Mikael's charm is ready," Victor said. "We should pack what is needed and wait by the stones. It would not do for intruders to come through and escape into our world because we sat here in the sanctuary for too long."

Lucinda stood. "Agreed. Let us prepare."

****************************************

They waited a while at the stones, the sun slowly lowering in the sky as afternoon drifted onwards. Mikael had begun to grow used to the temperature again and was not looking forward to the intense heat that awaited him on the other side. He hoped that they would not be on the Plane of Fire too long.

"Cassandra?" he asked suddenly, a thought flitting through his mind.

"Yes?" the beautiful shaman replied, turning her face to him. Her amber eyes glowed in the afternoon light, and she stared up at him, awaiting a question. They sat in a group on the edge of Scorch's Point, far enough away that the energies within it did not make them uncomfortable, but close enough that they could monitor it carefully just in case.

"How did you deal with the heat of the plane when you lived there?" he said at last, having cast his eyes around the rest of the group.

"As well as I could," she shrugged. "The slaves who are captured and taken there know that it is unnaturally hot. Those of us who were born there, however, are not aware of anything cooler. All we know is that it is, somehow, wrong."

"And what was it like coming to this world for the first time?" Melissa asked, drawn into the conversation.

"A surprise. I said to Mikael earlier that when I first appeared I had not seen grass before. It may seem amusing now, and I certainly find it so, but at the time this strange green substance was totally alien to me. And it was so cold."

"I assume you've grown used to the temperature?" the medic asked further. "You certainly don't strike me as being at anything other than perfect health."

Cassandra beamed at Mikael's Sister. "Thank you. But of course, this is because it is the temperature in which we are supposed to live. I may have never come across such coolness before but once I was over the initial shock I came to realise it was much more pleasant."

"Do you still have your tolerance for heat?" Mikael interjected.

"Well, I cloak myself in liquid fire," she winked back. "So to a certain extent, yes. But I cannot travel to the Plane of Fire any longer and feel the temperature there as normal. I am now quite aware of its extreme heat, and I do not enjoy it."

Mikael laughed. "Well I can't even tolerate it! It was horrible."

"You're going to have to deal with it. But let's hope not for too long," she said with a sympathetic smile.

"And how exactly is it that you escaped, Cassandra?" Mikael asked. "I meant to find out last night but forgot. It sounds an interesting story."

The gorgeous redhead smiled wickedly. "Perhaps if you had not been so... distracted, then you might have remembered to ask."

"Distracted? I do hope you're not suggesting you and our companion indulged in anything untoward, dear Cassandra," Victor teased, his eyebrow rising as he regarded the two of them. "I would never countenance such a thing."

Lucinda coughed.

"I'm sure I spent the night doing exactly what you were doing," Cassandra smiled back innocently. "So let that put your mind at ease, since you clearly went to bed alone and slept deeply."

"Clearly," the warrior replied, his eyes darting to meet Lucinda's and his mouth twisting into a wide grin.

"And your escape?" Mikael asked with an amused shake of his head, trying to get an answer to his question.

"Well I'm sure Victor doesn't want to hear it again," she laughed. "There's very little to it."

Lucinda smiled. "Ignore Victor! Your guests want to hear it."

"Well, there isn't really much to tell," the shaman shrugged. "I was born into the slave camp and spent most of my childhood and teenage years there. We were treated harshly and ordered around by those of our own kind. It is not the elementals who treat the humans like cattle, though the guards are acting on elemental orders, but humans themselves. Like the Firebound, they have sold themselves to the elements in return for great power, and they control the slaves viciously and without remorse.

"It was on one such occasion that I was able to escape. In my youth, as I was approaching my twenty-fourth year, there was a great dissention amongst the slaves. Such rebellion was always dealt with harshly and this was no different. The elemental retaliation was brutal and swift. My parents were killed in the struggle that erupted as the slaves tried to force their way free. I was hiding in the ramshackle home that we shared with eight other slave families and was caught as a new unit of guards was sent to storm the encampment; it had been deemed that the other guards had failed to keep us in line, and so they were executed and replaced. As an attractive young woman, the captain of these new warriors took me as his own. I had been lucky, so far as one can be in those conditions, in that the local guards had never attempted to abuse my looks. I had been treated merely as another slave. It was different now.

"But as I was taken away, I charmed one of the guards. He took a shine to me and I, I have to admit, manipulated him. When he loosened my bonds so as not to hurt my poor, delicate wrists, I ran. He tried to follow but life as a slave had made me nimble and I escaped easily. It was then that I found the hideaway that you saw, Mikael, and there that I hid for six months, until I was sure that they were no longer actively searching for me."

"That's much more interesting than you led us to believe, Victor!" Melissa cried, playfully swatting the handsome warrior.

Victor grinned. "Well, I just didn't want to hear it again. I thought that if I made you believe the story was boring then you wouldn't ask to hear it."

"Well bad luck," the medic giggled back. "Because we did."

"And how did you get into our world?" Kristine asked Cassandra, bringing the attention of the group back to her story. "And escape the Plane of Fire?"

"Over the six months I hid, I discovered and attempted to nurture my magical abilities. One day, when approaching the stones, I could feel a huge concentration of power and came upon two elementals stood within them. I cannot fully describe the sensation I experienced; the closest explanation I can give is that it just felt like I should tap into that power. And so I did, killing the elementals, striking them down with the fury of a captive and an orphan, spilling their essence across the dusty ground. There I drew upon it, using the failing power in their spirits to force through into this world. The stones guided me somehow, instructing me, allowing me to push through until suddenly I was standing within this very outcrop staring wild-eyed at the strange colours that surrounded me.

1...89101112...15