Adventures of the Cohort Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With a cry Mikael cut down another Firebound, the task made easier by the arrow sticking from the woman's shoulder. He turned, finding the way to the Inferno Rock clear, and sprinted towards it. Its obsidian bulk glowed before him and he could feel the power that radiated from its core. Flickers of flame to his right told him that the elementals were still hacking away at it, desperately trying to cut off as many amulets as they could before the stone was destroyed. They could tell they were losing this battle.

Mikael spun towards them, his swords arcing outwards. Ria'torr was with him, another arrow notched, and Mikael felt his Sisters gathering round. All their other opponents were dead and only the elementals remained, both groups pausing to eye one another.

"It's too late," one elemental laughed in a voice that sounded like the crackling of flames. "You are already too late, flesh-warriors. The stone is fully charged."

"Not if we stop you using that charge," Cassandra cried as she reached them, pushing a blazing wave of power towards their foes. The elementals staggered backwards, stunned but not injured by the blast, and came at them enraged.

"Stop them!" Cassandra cried. "Quintia and I must destroy the magic of the stone. Only then will the amulets become useless!"

Mikael understood, charging forwards to meet the onrushing elementals. His Sisters and Victor did likewise, and Mikael could feel the sudden buffeting of magical forces as the two magic users set to work on the Inferno Rock.

An elemental crashed into him and he was forced backwards by the assault of the warrior. Its sword flickered upwards, dancing like silver fire as it burnt the air around them. Mikael could see the hatred burning, literally, in the warrior's eyes and he could do little more than deflect its blows. He could see that his Sisters, too, were not faring particularly well. Ria'torr was standing behind them with Melissa, and together the two of them held off an elemental hell-bent on their deaths.

Time passed so slowly. Mikael knew that destroying the stone would not take long - it was already being stressed to its magical limit - yet the seconds felt like minutes. He desperately held back the assault of the elemental warrior but he could feel his body tiring. These were clearly an elite unit, the likes of which he had never fought before. His Sisters, for all their experience, were also struggling and Mikael could only pray that Cassandra and Quintia would succeed soon.

They did. With a cacophonous explosion Mikael was thrown forwards. The elemental he was fighting was blasted backwards, too, and landed mere feet away from him. He was on his feet quickly; the stone might have been destroyed but their enemies still lived.

But the elemental put up little resistance. Clearly the magical force of the explosion had affected their foes and Mikael could see the flames they consisted of slowly dying. He feebly raised his sword, swiping at Mikael, but it was easily dodged. With a slash of his keen blade, Mikael had cut the flaming warrior in two.

He stood there, surveying the battle, breathing heavily. His Sisters stood over the bodies of other elementals, also finding them much easier to kill once the stone had been destroyed. Mikael supposed that they had been drawing power somehow from the Inferno Rock and on its destruction found themselves considerably weakened.

Quintia and Cassandra stood breathless besides the fragmented remains of the Inferno Rock. It lay in pieces by their feet, its power ebbing away into the air, and Mikael breathed a long sigh of relief as he knew the danger was over.

"Well done," he grinned as his companions gathered themselves.

"Well done indeed," Kristine responded with a broad smile as slaves emerged tentatively into the courtyard. "Now we just need to get home."

****************************************

The wholesome air of their own world felt like paradise to Mikael. It was clean and fresh and his scorched nostrils appreciated the smell of grass and trees. He had wondered if he'd miss this world as much having already left it once before. He did.

He could only imagine what the slaves were thinking as they were led through the portal. He turned to face them, smiling at the bewilderment on their faces. Some looked scared, others awed. Most looked overjoyed.

He grinned, stepping towards them. Melissa had already set to work, her powers restored now she was home, and her glowing hands passed over each slave, healing them of all their ills.

They had made it back to the stones in the Plane of Fire with little difficulty. The city had been in upheaval, its army crushed and the Inferno Rock destroyed, and no garrisons came out to deal with them. Clearly the Elemental Lords were too busy maintaining order after their plans were foiled, and Mikael and his companions were able to gather up the slaves in the encampment and usher them towards the stones.

There they had opened a portal. The energies that the Inferno Rock's detonation released had been swirling aimlessly through the ether, and at the stone circle Cassandra had used them to force open a gateway between the worlds. The shaman made sure to concentrate all of that energy into this single gateway so that it was exhausted by the spell. Once the portal was closed it would be centuries - at the very least - before the Plane of Fire could pose such a great threat again.

Mikael's grin spread as the last of the slaves poured through the portal, a great throng of freed people huddling together. Quintia and Cassandra followed up behind them and with a silent flash the gateway disappeared. The danger was over.

He breathed in again. The drop in temperature was immediate, tendrils of cloud rushing across the sky, and suddenly he felt cold. Normality was returning, and the world was grateful.

****************************************

Mikael ascended the stairway to the top floor of the sanctuary with a wide smile. He had just bathed in the luxurious springs beneath the retreat, their waters heated by the warmth of Scorch's Point. The Plane of Fire had been hot and dirty, and he had immediately indulged in a bath when he had returned.

Now he wanted to relax. It had been a very long day; after sealing the portal to the Plane of Fire he and his companions had set about protecting and healing the slaves until help arrived. It did not take too long, as the Gods had sent an envoy of priests from the local temples, but Mikael was still tired.

He pushed open the door into the main room of the sanctuary slowly, enjoying the now-cooled air. It was still warm, but it was no longer stifling hot, and for the first time in a while Mikael was wearing his cloth shirt and not finding it uncomfortable. He was also wearing his light pants, enjoying the cool freedom that they gave when compared to the unpleasantness of his tight armour on the Plane of Fire.

He stepped through into the large room of the sanctuary and closed the door behind him. His companions were spread out on the three couches in the corner of the room, surrounded by plush carpets and other items of luxury. He smiled at them before making his way over to the window that overlooked Scorch's Point.

The collection of seemingly-harmless stones was calm at last. The former slaves had dispersed, led away by the priests to freedom and a comfortable bed. The Gods would see to their safety and Mikael knew that they were in good hands. The clouds had returned and the evening sky was streaked with red, the cooler temperatures allowing the weather to return to normal. A pleasant heaviness hung in the air, and Mikael smiled as he realised that it might even rain.

He turned his head as Lucinda came and stood beside him, her black hair shimmering in the evening light. The lamps in the sanctuary burst into life one by one, their magic activated by the dwindling sun, and their flames cast a pleasant glow.

"It's absolutely lovely, isn't it?" Lucinda said to him, gazing out onto the landscape before them. "We saved the world today. Look, there's even rain clouds."

She extended her arm and pointed to the horizon. Mikael had been right; it had been on the verge of raining. He could see the black streaks in the distance that revealed the downpour, and a smile grew on his face.

"Prissham is over there," Cassandra said to Mikael's left. She had joined them by the window.

"Prissham?" Mikael asked. He assumed it was a settlement.

"The closest town." The shaman's eyes twinkled as a thought evidently dawned on her. "That is where the slaves will have been taken! They'll be being rained on!"

Lucinda laughed. "An unusual experience for them. Though I'm sure that they will cope."

"Well if they're anything like I was the first time I saw rain then they'll wonder what in the Gods' name is happening," Cassandra said with a small smile. "But then they'll swiftly realise that whatever it is, it's a really good thing."

Mikael turned away from the window with a smile, and slowly made his way over to the couches. His other Sisters and Victor were already there, and had shown no signs of wanting to move to look out of the window. They were much too tired and much too comfortable.

He reclined on the closest couch, casting his eyes over his companions. They smiled back at him, their minor conversations uninterrupted by his presence.

Soon Lucinda and Cassandra joined him. They had stayed by the window a short while to chat, but Mikael assumed that eventually they would want to sit.

"Are you going to move?" Lucinda asked him with a wry smile as the two of them arrived. Mikael had set himself right in the middle of the remaining couch, and he had no intention of giving up his space.

He grinned. "No. You'll have to squeeze on."

"Typical," the rogue responded, rolling her eyes jokingly. "I suppose we will."

She lowered herself down next to him, her body pressed right up against his as she took the space. Her hand rested on his thigh as she made herself comfortable, and Mikael felt its presence there linger a little longer than necessary.

His mind was distracted, however, as Cassandra squashed into the space on his other side. She, too, was tightly pressed to him, and he heard her giggle at the ridiculousness of the situation as she forced herself into the space.

"That was more effort than it was worth," she sighed as she finally was able to relax. "I should have just burnt you."

Mikael laughed and looked around the room again. His companions all reclined on the comfortable couches, but none were squeezed on quite so tightly. Ria'torr and Kristine shared a couch, and Victor, Melissa and Quintia shared the third. Theirs, however, was decidedly bigger, and they all found themselves with plenty of space.

"I suppose these couches don't multiply to match the number of seats needed like the bedrooms do?" Mikael asked jokingly. "Otherwise we might not be in this situation."

"Unfortunately they do not," Victor laughed back. "Although it doesn't look like you mind the tight squeeze."

Lucinda put on a mock-grimace. "He might not, but there's no room for us two helpless girls."

"Helpless!" Mikael laughed. "You're anything but."

"You can sit on my lap if you like," Cassandra said to Mikael's Sister, a mischievous glimmer in her eyes. "Then there'll be room for all of us."

"Indeed," Lucinda replied with a wink. "Perhaps I shall."

Mikael's loins had started to respond to the situation, and his cock slowly grew harder in his pants. The feeling of the two beautiful girls pressed against him, and the sultry tone that the conversation had adopted, was having an effect on him he could not control. Not that I'd want to, he laughed to himself.

"Oh yes?" Lucinda said to him, her eyebrow raised, motioning towards his near-erect member. "And this is?"

Mikael raised his hands in a gesture of innocence. "It's not my fault! And besides, I'm not the only one here suffering from this ailment."

He nodded towards Victor, who grinned back. He, too, was sporting a bulge in his pants, evidently turned on by the same things that were affecting Mikael.

The handsome warrior nodded solemnly. "It's true; I am also a victim of this terrible complaint."

"Perhaps I should take a look. I am a medic, after all," Melissa breathed, raising her hand slowly towards the bulge.

Victor smiled, a look of pleasure darting across his eyes as the brunette's fingers found his cock. "Perhaps you should."

Mikael watched as Melissa played with Victor's member through his pants, and caught Quintia's eye as they did so. She grinned at him, before leaning towards Victor. He turned his face to her and they kissed, Quintia's gentle hands grasping the warrior by the chin. He groaned as Melissa tugged at his trousers, lifting his hips to allow her to remove them, and gently cupped her huge breasts through the flimsy toga that she wore.

"You don't need to just watch," Cassandra whispered in Mikael's ear, her hands reaching underneath his shirt and gently grazing his skin. "You can join in."

"I believe I will," he replied, a mischievous smile across his features. Cassandra's amber eyes shone with her excitement, and she leaned in for a kiss. Their lips mashed together as their tongues duelled, and Mikael groaned as Cassandra pressed her body against his. The green garments that she wore did little to hide her wonderful body, and Mikael could feel it crushed against his own.

Another pair of hands reached for the bottom of his shirt, tugging it upwards, and Mikael was forced to break his kiss with Cassandra as Lucinda pulled the piece of clothing off him. He turned to his Sister, noticing a similar look of lust burning in her eyes.

"Don't forget about me," she murmured, her fingers running delicately across Mikael's toned chest.

"We won't," he responded, placing his hand on the back of her neck and pulling her close to him. Their lips now met, and he kissed the rogue deeply, her obsidian hair cascading over his fingertips.

As their tongues thrashed together, Lucinda leaned further forwards, her loose shirt hanging down and giving Mikael a fantastic shot of her cleavage. Cassandra clearly saw this too and reached around Mikael, her fingers sliding under the garment and running their nails across Lucinda's flat stomach.

His Sister smiled mischievously in response, breaking the kiss with a moan. Cassandra grew bolder, raising her hand further, her fingertips tracing slowly towards Lucinda's chest.

A loud giggle burst from the third sofa, and Mikael glanced over to see Kristine and Ria'torr engaged in a deep kiss of their own. Kristine had cupped a hand over one of Ria'torr's generous breasts and was gently squeezing it, an impish smile on her beautiful face. His elven Sister was clearly relishing the paladin's attention, and her eyes were creased in enjoyment at the stunning blonde's ministrations.

After a short while Kristine broke the kiss, slowly running her tongue across Ria'torr's cheek, her lips brushing against the elf's soft face as she sought out her pointed ear. Ria'torr moaned loudly as Kristine sucked the tip of it into her mouth and toyed with it, her tongue making great sweeps over its delicate angular point. The ranger's eyelids fluttered as pleasure darted through her, and Kristine smiled wickedly at her sudden cry as she gently bit down on the sensitive flesh.

Her hands were not still, either, her fingers slipping underneath Ria'torr's short dress, which had ridden up to the tops of her thighs as they kissed. Mikael could see Kristine running her hands over the elf's silky skin, leisurely stroking down her supple legs as she nibbled tenderly on the tip of her Sister's ear.

Mikael had also noticed the beginnings of a familiar blue glow, and looked over to his other Sisters to ascertain its cause. Quintia's gem was, as he suspected, emitting a dull luminescence, its blue hue matching the look of desire on her face. She now kissed Victor deeply, their tongues thrashing together as they pressed against one another. Her hands were on the back of his neck, pulling him closer, and one of his arms was wrapped around her slender waist.

His other hand rested gently on Melissa's head as it bobbed on his shaft, caressing the medic's luxurious brown curls as they tumbled down around her face. She was devouring his cock with a passion, the pent up sexual energy from her first meeting with the warrior finally released. Her fingers toyed with his balls as she took his length into her mouth, alternately exploring his cock with her tongue and sucking on the head, and Victor groaned into Quintia's kiss.

This appeared only to drive the mage on, and she crushed her lips against his. Mikael could see the carnal need that burned in her eyes, reflected by the growing intensity of her jewel's radiance. She quickly broke the kiss and sat more upright, and with a wide grin she reached behind her back, grasping the knot of her gown, and tugged. It loosened, and she hunched her shoulders forwards, allowing Victor to pull the dress over her large breasts.

He immediately set to work on the delicious twin mounds, gently kneading them with the hand that had previously rested on Melissa's head, whilst the arm around her waist pulled the blue-haired mage more tightly to him again. He lowered his head, sucking one of Quintia's nipples into his mouth, and her gem flared brightly at the sensation.

Melissa was unperturbed, her mouth continuing to assault Victor's cock as she sucked most of his length into her mouth, her cheeks moving as her tongue swirled around its tip. Victor's face displayed his pleasure, and his own tongue was not still, flicking over Quintia's nipples and eliciting bursts of joyful light from the Sensei's jewel.

"Mmm..." said a voice close to Mikael, and his attention snapped back to Lucinda and Cassandra. The shaman had cupped one of Lucinda's large breasts, thumbing the nipple, and his Sister was clearly enjoying it.

"Why don't I make things a little easier for you, Cassandra?" Mikael whispered, reaching down and grasping hold of Lucinda's loose shirt.

The rogue regarded him with a smirk. "What makes you think you can undress me? This is a private moment between myself and Cassandra."

"Hey, you took off my shirt," Mikael winked back. "I'm just returning the favour."

Before the obsidian-haired beauty could respond, Mikael had tugged the garment upwards. She did not resist, and allowed him to pull it over her head, her large breasts now hanging free, and Mikael drank in the sight of her wonderful chest.

Cassandra leaned further across him now and he lay back to allow her better access to Lucinda, the lust in her eyes meaning he probably couldn't have stopped her even if he had wanted to. The red-haired shaman crawled across Mikael's lap, her hands leaving Lucinda's breasts in order to steady herself, and pressed her lips against the rogue's. Lucinda responded eagerly, her arms wrapping around Cassandra's back as she pulled her closer, and she shifted her legs round so as to kiss her companion more comfortably.

Mikael took the hint, slipping off the sofa quickly, if a little awkwardly, with a grin. He now knelt on the floor, watching as Lucinda straightened her legs. She was soon lying flat on the sofa, clutching Cassandra tightly to her, who gently lowered herself from a crawling position until she was pressed firmly against the raven-haired rogue.

They kissed passionately, slight moans emanating from their mouths as they did so, both enjoying the moment. Lucinda's breasts were squashed against Cassandra's chest, the green top that the shaman was wearing barely containing her own. Their lips mashed together forcefully, their lust inflamed, and Lucinda's hands roved over the exposed skin at the small of Cassandra's back.