All Comments on 'Alex and Penelope Ch. 02'

by rosess

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
memiklmemiklalmost 13 years ago
Very Nice

Excellent beginning...waiting for more!

jg2291jg2291almost 13 years ago

He needs to the dump the wife before anything major happens. I am totally not going to like his character anymore if he cheats.

rosessrosessalmost 13 years agoAuthor
In response to JG

In unbiased (not really) defense of Alex:

Alex is meant to be a man you don't want to like. He's rich, spoiled, selfish and egotistical. This is part of his character arc. While awakening Penelope sexually, she is awakening him from misery. She's the one who can redeem him.

If the cheating remains upsetting to you as a reader, you're not going to about half of this novel. But as the writer, I hope you'll stick it out. There will be scenes in this book that might not be your cup of tea, and they're easily glossed over. The bigger picture is about a man and a woman who shouldn't fall in love, but do.

I don't want to get in the habit of commenting on my own stories, but because I can't edit them once posted, I wanted to get this out. I'll be sure to add it to my top notes as the rest of the chapters are submitted.

LolitaXXXLolitaXXXalmost 13 years ago
RE: In unbiased (not really) defense of Alex:

I get where you're going with this and love it. Nice job! Nice teasing chapters...makes me want more!

Kuuipo_23Kuuipo_23almost 13 years ago

I don't like cheating either...but I like this story. Let's face it, Claire is unlikeable. From the brief scenes of her we are given the impression that she is a rude, social-climbing, bitch. Alex doesn't love her, doesn't even seem to LIKE her.

Now Alex, don't know why but I like him. He has money and power but is also unhappy. Penelope has brought out a different side to him. He's relaxed for the first time in a long time and they actually talk about things other than fundraisers and what gossip the catty bitches of the neighborhood are spreading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrosess@rosess
166 Followers
UPDATE: I'm back after thirteen years away. Alex and Penelope had been a finished work that I was uploading as I edited. Unfortunately, a hard drive crash meant I lost everything that wasn't here and I gave up the ghost. I do not believe I will ever return to it, and for that ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES