All Is Fair Ch. 11

Story Info
Relationships Change.
4.4k words
4.76
22.4k
28
Story does not have any tags

Part 11 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 02/28/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After eating lunch Helena showered and got dressed. Brooks still refused to leave her alone, but Helena didn't think Victor would be coming for a visit anytime soon. When she came out of the closet Brooks was seated at his desk, clicking away on the computer. Helena walked behind him and looked at the screen. He was reviewing numbers in a spreadsheet.

"I wish I still had my computer," Helena said. "And everything else I had at the motel."

"Funny you should say that," Brooks said.

He reached into a drawer and pulled out Helena's laptop. She gave him a confused look.

"I thought you might want this," Brooks said. "It's old now though. Would you like me to order you a new one?"

"What about the rest of my things?" Helena asked.

Brooks shook his head.

"It was just some dirty clothes," Brooks said. "I thought it would be best for you to start over."

"There was more in that suitcase than just clothes," Helena said.

Helena pictured the silver dagger Abe had given her. The same one she used to end his life. It was hidden in the lining. Before she could tell Brooks he changed the subject.

"I know that your feelings have...changed...for me," Brooks said. "But what about anyone else?"

"You mean Rebecca," Helena said.

"She is your sister," Brooks said. "And I understand being upset with her. She did leave you all alone. But she's also the reason you're here now. Better late than never right?"

It was hard for Helena to listen to what Brooks was saying. She was more interested in watching his lips move than trying to understand his words. A chill went down her spine and she clutched her laptop tight to her chest. There was no way she would last three weeks.

"One thing is really bothering me about Rebecca," Helena said. "I don't understand how the..."

Before Helena could finish there was a knock on the door. Brooks stood up from his chair and the door opened. Zachary and Daphne walked in.

"I went to your office first," Daphne said. "Hope we're not interrupting."

"I'm working from here today," Brooks said.

"Hello again," Zachary said.

Helena nodded and smiled.

"Sorry to intrude," Zachary said. "But I am leaving tonight and was hoping I could still get that sample of blood from you."

"Absolutely," Helena said.

She walked over to the couches and Zachary and Daphne met her there. She felt Brooks hand touch her shoulder and it sent another pang of longing through her body. Helena pictured the two of them on the bed, Brooks pulling off her dress.

"I meant to say congratulations," Zachary said. "Brooks told us that you're feeling more like yourself."

Helena was happy Zachary jarred her from her thoughts.

"Do you have any idea why?" Helena asked.

Zachary shook his head.

"I know it would be easy to forget about everything that happened," Zachary said. "But that's a little premature. Just because the symptoms are gone doesn't mean the underlying cause has vanished. I would continue as you have been, until after you change."

That was exactly what Helena didn't want to hear. She was happy she wore a sleeveless dress. It made it easier for Zachary to draw the blood.

"Speaking of the change," Daphne said. "Would you like to help me out again this afternoon?"

"Actually," Helena said. "I was hoping to find my sister. I think we should spend some time together."

Helena glanced at Brooks. He couldn't contain his grin. Family was clearly important to him and Helena decided it was important to her too. Besides, if her and Rebecca were going to be a part of the same pack it was time to work out their issues.

"I can walk you there," Daphne said. "Once we're done here."

"Thank you," Helena said. "Then maybe Brooks can finally get some work done."

Truthfully Helena wanted to get away from Brooks, at least for a little while. Her desires for him were clouding her thought process. Three weeks might as well have been three hundred weeks at this point.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Is she going to mind me just showing up like this?" Helena asked. "What if she's not there?"

"We are an open group," Daphne said. "She won't mind at all. In fact, I bet she will be thrilled. I know she's there."

"How?" Helena asked.

"Perks of being an Alpha," Daphne said. "I can focus on a member of the pack and usually find out where they are. If they're on the property though, it's not a straight up GPS. You will have the same talents someday."

"What else will I be able to do?" Helena asked.

"Well, let's see," Daphne said. "You and Brooks will get a mental link. Which can be fun and a pain in the butt at the same time."

"Mental link?" Helena asked.

"You can talk to each other without opening your mouth, and explore each other's brains," Daphne said. "But you'll eventually learn how to block him out of certain thoughts and not to stroll through certain sections of his mind. It takes a few years of practice though. One of the biggest fights me and Hugh had was because of the mental link."

"But it will just be with Brooks?" Helena asked. She didn't like the thought of someone roaming her brain.

"If you're really close with someone it can pop up again too," Daphne said. "I have one with all my children, and a few of the female Betas. If Hugh focuses enough he could probably have one with any member of the pack."

"So you can read Brooks' mind?" Helena asked.

Daphne laughed.

"No," Daphne said. "It doesn't work that way, but I can talk to him through the link, sometimes if he's projecting enough pick up on his emotions. He is not a fan though and I try to respect that."

"Not a fan?" Helena asked.

"Even when he was a baby he didn't like it," Daphne said. "If you get too far apart it doesn't work either."

They stopped walking. Helena realized she had no clue where they were in the lodge. This looked like a hallway one would find in an apartment complex. The giant ceilings were gone. Daphne knocked twice on the door, turned to Helena and gave her a smile.

Rebecca came to the door. Once her eyes locked on Helena she gave a huge smile, then leaned forward and gave Helena a huge hug. At first Helena was hesitant, but something about Rebecca's touch felt so familiar. Helena raised her arms and hugged her sister back.

"Madam Alpha," Rebecca said.

"Good afternoon Rebecca," Daphne said. "How are things going at the bar?"

"Great," Rebecca said. "I love it that I still get the opportunity to meet new people. Would you two like to come inside?"

Rebecca went back into the doorway and motioned for them to walk in.

"Thank you so much for the invite," Daphne said. "But I have other matters to attend to. Helena when you're ready to leave have Rebecca call for someone. If not me than Brooks, and remember..."

"Never let her be alone," Rebecca said. "Even for a second."

Helena felt like a baby. Rebecca had a big grin on her face, like she was more than willing to take care of Helena. Helena knew that was not Rebecca's strong suit though. Daphne dropped her head and gave a smile. Then she leaned in and hugged each girl before taking off.

Rebecca motioned for Helena to enter. She walked inside and was surprised the set up here was nothing like Brooks' room. Instead it was more like an average apartment. There was a skinny hallways that led to a sitting room, with a small kitchen off to the side. Helena assumed if she kept walking it would lead to a bedroom or two, but instead stopped at the couch.

Rebecca took a set first. She stared at Helena with wide eyes brimming with excitement. It made Helena a bit uncomfortable, but she took a set and turned to look at Rebecca.

"So Brooks marked you? I can smell it," Rebecca said. "I want to hear all about it. Don't leave out a single detail."

"We're not the type of people who sit and gossip," Helena said. "Or share secrets with each other. I don't know you."

Helena blurted the words out without even thinking. She watched the smile fade from Rebecca's face, but her sister nodded.

"I deserve that," Rebecca said. "I deserve everything you want to throw at me. I'm ashamed I did that to you. I can't believe the life you've had to live because of my selfish actions."

Rebecca's voice started to waiver. She lifted her hand to cover her mouth and Helena saw tears forming in her eyes.

"If I could take it back I would," Rebecca said. "I was so young and stupid. I thought you would be better off in the group home."

Helena could see how beaten up Rebecca was over this. Helena realized making her sister feel worse wouldn't make her feel any better.

"I want to forgive you," Helena said. "But some things don't add up."

"I don't deserve your forgiveness," Rebecca said. "But I will do anything, answer any questions, to try and earn it."

"How did you end up in North Carolina?" Helena asked. "The group home was in Michigan."

Rebecca gave her sister a warm smile.

"Andrew was in Michigan," Rebecca said. "He was on some sort of pack business. I forget what exactly."

"Oh," Helena said.

That was such a simple explanation, but it made so much sense. After all, Brooks had found her in another state.

"Well," Helena said. "Then what happened?"

"It was love at first sight," Rebecca said. "We couldn't keep our hands off of each other. The next night was a full moon, so he changed me right away. I got adjusted to the pack life, but I thought about you all the time. I wanted the best for you. When I asked Brooks to find you I was hoping you were going to be in your senior year of college, living a normal healthy life."

"How did they get your ceremony ready in one day?" Helena asked. "Daphne is talking like it's going to be the party of the century."

"I'm not mated with the Alpha," Rebecca said. "Me and Andrew just had a small, pack only celebration. It was a fun night though, one of my best memories."

Helena felt guilty. She didn't want to rub anything in her sister's face.

"What's wrong?" Rebecca asked.

"Nothing," Helena said.

She still found it odd to have people around her that actually cared about what she was feeling.

"Please," Rebecca said. "I want to be here for you. We're still sisters, nothing can change that. You don't have to be alone anymore."

"I'm not alone," Helena said. "I have Brooks."

Rebecca flashed a smile and nodded.

"I couldn't be happier for you," Rebecca said. "I remember my first days with Andrew. I envy your situation. New love is the best kind of love."

Helena knew her sister was trying. She didn't have anyone else to talk to about her current predicament. Brooks wouldn't discuss the issue and Helena couldn't exactly talk about it with his mother. Helena decided in the spirit of reconnecting to share with Rebecca.

"Brooks won't sleep with me," Helena said.

Rebecca's mouth hung open. She must have realized it and tried to change her expression to a positive one, urging Helena to continue.

"I don't know what Brooks told you," Helena said. "But the vampire bite was causing some problems for us. But last night, or early this morning, there was a change. Now all I can think about it having him, but he wants to wait until we are certain the vampire isn't an issue anymore."

"You mean until the next full moon?" Rebecca asked.

"I don't know if I can wait three weeks," Helena said. "It hasn't even been twenty four hours and all I can think about is how bad I want him."

"Well did you try talking to him about it?" Rebecca asked.

"He's too honorable," Helena said. "Or stubborn. He thinks he would be taking advantage of me."

"You need to appeal to his wolf," Rebecca said. "That will get him to change his mind."

Helena tilted her head a little and looked at Rebecca. She had no clue what that meant.

"Brooks has been feeling the way you're feeling right now for over a week," Rebecca said. "That means he probably has a better grasp at controlling his feelings. You see there are two sides to all of us, our human side and our animal side. Brooks' human side probably won out or else he would have taken you in your sleep during those five days you were unconscious."

"There's no way Brooks would have ever done something like that," Helena said.

"Brooks wouldn't," Rebecca said. "But his wolf would."

"And how do I appeal to the wolf?" Helena asked.

"Almost all males in the pack are more dominant than the females," Rebecca said. "Brooks probably more so since he is an Alpha. If you try to dominate him, push him far enough that he will feel the urge to at least match you. If you get the wolf to the surface then he will want you just as bad, if not worse as you want him."

"I was pretty aggressive this morning," Helena said. "Trust me, it didn't work."

"Don't mistake aggressive with eager," Rebecca said.

Helena thought back to her time by the pool. Brooks was the one leading the entire time. He had moved her on her back and she just flopped over.

"I don't want to trick him into anything," Helena said.

"I wouldn't say it was tricking him, but if you're uncomfortable with that then your other option is to talk with him," Rebecca said. "Maybe you could try to mix the two. Be assertive when you speak. Don't back down. It could be enough. Don't ask, tell."

Helena was surprised how easy it was get advice from Rebecca. For the few minutes they were talking Helena forgot about her past. It felt like they were actual sisters. She smiled, knowing she had Brooks to that for encouraging her to mend this relationship.

"Before I forget," Rebecca said as she stood up from the couch. "I got you a little present."

She walked over to the table and opened a small drawer. She handed a gift to Helena. She stared at the small package, looking over the paper. The last present she got was her going away gift from Abe. But Helena couldn't remember the last wrapped gift she had received. Then she realized it must have been from Rebecca.

"Well open it," Rebecca said.

Helena smiled and tore away the paper. It was a box with a picture of a phone on it. Rebecca grabbed it out of her hands and started opening the box. Then she put a small black phone in Helena's hand.

"I'm sure that Brooks will get you a nicer, more permanent one soon," Rebecca said. "This is just a burner with some prepaid minutes. But I already put my phone number in there. We can text and call each other. This way we can always find each other."

Rebecca was beaming at Helena.

"I know I screwed up bad," Rebecca said. "But I swear to you, nothing like that will ever happen again. We are going to grow old together and since we will both be wolves that means we will be together for a very very long time."

"Thank you," Helena said.

She squeezed the phone, almost scared it would slip away and then Helena would lose Rebecca again. This was an incredible gesture and Helena was confident their relationship was heading in the right direction.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I think you're being silly," Daphne said. "The last week has been torture for you, now the poor girl finally wants you back and you're refusing her."

"I don't want to take advantage of her," Brooks said. "Maybe she is still being influenced."

"I spent ten minutes with her and could feel her frustration," Daphne said.

"This isn't a topic open for discussion," Brooks said. "Especially with my mother."

"Fine," Daphne said. "Then let's talk about another one of my issues with your decisions today. Why are you pushing Helena to reconcile with Rebecca?"

"Because they're sisters," Brooks said. "I wouldn't have found Helena if it weren't for Rebecca."

"You might have found her five years ago if Rebecca hadn't up and abandoned her," Daphne said.

"She was only eighteen," Brooks said. "Human emotions sometimes are difficult..."

"Don't you forget I was human once too," Daphne said. "And leaving your little sister so you can run off with a boy is not a common mistake. She lied about her for years then too, even Andrew didn't know. Doesn't that seem off to you?"

"I felt that way for a while," Brooks said. "But I want Helena to be as comfortable here as possible. Rebecca will make that easier for her."

"I think you had the right idea at first," Daphne said. "Keep Rebecca away from Helena. Let Helena make her own friends. She could start going to the gym now, maybe I could set up a little ladies night for her."

The door to the room creaked open. Brooks and Daphne moved their heads. Brooks smiled when Helena walked in. Rebecca poked her head in after and waved.

"Just dropping her off," Rebecca said. "She was never alone."

"Thank you," Brooks said. "I was going to send for dinner. Do you want to join?"

"Thank you for the invite, but I have to work tonight," Rebecca said.

"I will walk you out," Daphne said. "I was just leaving too."

Brooks watched as his mother stopped and gave Helena a hug. She turned around and gave Brooks a dirty look, where neither of the other two girls could see before joining Rebecca in the hallway. Brooks had to trust his instincts. Rebecca would be good for Helena. He stood up from his desk and went to meet Helena in the middle of the room. He placed his arms around her and she grabbed on to his waist.

"How was your afternoon?" Brooks asked.

"It was nice actually," Helena said. "Rebecca bought me a phone."

"Really?" Brooks asked. "I just put in an order for you. Your phone should arrive tomorrow."

"This one is just a prepaid one," Helena said. "Rebecca didn't like the idea of not being able to reach me."

"Well that was nice of her," Brooks said.

Helena tightened her grip on him. His mother was right. Frustration and tension were coming off of her in waves. Brooks didn't know if holding her was making it better or worse.

"What do you want for dinner?" Brooks asked.

Helena broke away from him. She grabbed his hand and started pulling him towards the couch. Brooks smiled and let her guide him, not used to her authority. Helena sat down first and Brooks took a seat next to her. She stared right at him.

"I want to have sex with you," Helena said.

Brooks hadn't expected her to be so blunt. He reached out and took her hand.

"I told you my thoughts about this earlier," Brooks said.

"And now I am telling you mine," Helena said.

Brooks was taken aback. She had never really challenged him before.

"I am completely in control of my mind and my body. I know what I want, it is you," Helena said. "If you want to deny me because you don't feel the same I can accept that, but I will not accept your refusal if it is based on the notion of protecting me, or I'm not ready."

"I know how you're feeling," Brooks said. "Those first five days with you and you couldn't even speak to me were awful, but it will get easier. Three weeks is not far away, and we can continue to be together in other ways."

"No," Helena said. "You're not listening to me."

Brooks felt his wolf stir, not enjoying her defiance.

"Tell me you don't want me and I will drop my argument," Helena said.

"Drop this," Brooks said.

"No," Helena said.

Brooks felt his wolf growing angrier. Helena didn't flinch. Brooks could tell she wasn't backing down. He stood up from the couch, but Helena did the same.

"Give me your answer," Helena said. "Tell me you don't want me."

Brooks did not like her tone of voice. His wolf was even less enthused.

"Don't tell me what to do," Brooks said.

"Then show me the same respect," Helena said. "Tell me the real reason why you won't make love to me."

"I don't want you to do anything you might regret later on," Brooks said.

She reached out and grabbed his hand. She pulled his palm flat against her heart.

"When we first met you made this small gesture," Helena said. "I didn't understand the importance of it at the time. Feel my heartbeat. It is beating for you. I love you Brooks Benson. I love every part of you. I love your human side that is trying to be rational and I love your animal side that wants you to act on your every desire. I don't want one side of you, I want everything. I need everything."

12