All Comments on 'American Beauty'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 138 Comments
strawboystrawboyabout 1 month ago

Good read.

"I can't believe you took the word of a . . . a salesman!" *still laughing*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Bravo!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

4 Stars as the only time I have heard people clapping for a kiss .. Is when he asked her for her hand in Marriage . My Brother asked his girlfriends Dad for the right to take her hand in marriage . The father in law said No he couldn't take her hand in Marriage . Then he smiled and said he had to take all of her not just her hand . I guess it worked out as they have been married for 39 years

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A nearly perfect Romance

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Where was the follow up on the failure of Scott's life, where was the gloating over Peter's ex-wife and her bogus 'trade up'.

This could have all been solved by Peter withholding the evidence of Scott's debauchery until after the divorce and waiting until after Scott's and Callies wedding.

The knife could have been further twisted by Peter and Jess one year later bumping into the Callie as they're out strolling their newborn in the park.

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Very good story, great flow to it and worth while read. 5*

tsgtcapttsgtcapt6 months ago

Great story, good flow, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Office politics, some of the most entertaining, yet worthless drama in the world. I love it.

Thanks for the story, FM, I enjoyed it very much.

Five stars.

204820488 months ago

Great story! I really like your work.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine10 months ago

I liked the story. I first read this authors story 2 days ago. Now I’m reading each one.

Rwslacker48Rwslacker4811 months ago

A very unique story. I really enjoyed this.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Story was predictable but touching and exciting. Not enough women have the spine to go after a man they have feelings for and simply settle for men that approach them. If you want something in life go after it before its too late.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

After reading several of this authors stories I have finally identified why I don't enjoy them. The plots are fine, the people are fine, the settings are fine... And that's the problem.

There is no emotion, no excitement, it's like I can hear Ben Stein narrating the entire thing. It's the written word equivalent of watching paint dry. The author obviously knows how to write a structured story but he seems to miss the mark on giving the story any depth. The characters are bland and the parts of the story that should contain an emotional upswell just fall flat as we aren't invested in their joy or pain. It's like they are just going through the motions and we the readers just numbly follow suit.

It was just boring.

Also, while I certainly don't expect pages of sex and debauchery, the erotica is definitely lacking for something posted to an erotica website. If the author were still active I would advise him to find something he is passionate about and try to tap into that with his writing. As it is, with nearly a decade of silence, I hope they moved on to bigger and better things and I wish them the best of luck.

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

While you write well, there was a dearth of excitement in this story. Very predictable, like a one note song. Honestly, a bit boring. It was long, too long, with way too much filler that didn’t add to the story. 3-😊😊😊, reluctantly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a stupid end between Peter and Jess

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FRIENDS LIKE MARGE ARE TOXIC GOSSIPING BITCHES!! JESS THE BEAUTY IS A MANCRAZY SLUT

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What makes the story interesting is not so much the plot, which as some other commenters have voiced already is quite predictable, with mayhem the exception of Callie being delusional that once Scott would get the promotion he would Marty her after a divorce and (lol) be faithful to her. I know she got tricked about Peter allegedly sleeping with Jess but if that was a motivation it was only at the start, and she fell hard for Scott's bullshit about his feelings towards her and Peter spinning his wheels with no future, and of course she enjoyed the slimy, cheating sex that had gone on long enough to be real intimacy. That just showed she was a self-centered bitch who wanted to trade up for greener pastures (with hot sex) but she was wholly delusional about anything materializing regarding a long term relationship with Scott the Salesman. No what was the best part of the story was the perspective of Jess as the MC. Somehow who while connected to the events was NOT involved in Scott and Callie's affair and saw the marriage destroyed as a friend to Peter and then eventually his lover post-divorce. That is pretty unique. Normally the story would be from Peter's perspective and Jess would end up being thr new love of his life post-divorce. This was refreshing to have a perspective from a nice, grounded, intelligent woman who befriended Peter and then later loved him from afar, at least after she saw Scott and Callie screwing away one afternoon as part of a setup. So for that alone: 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written but I agree with one commenter, it was predictable. However, it was predictable in that Forrest Gump sort of way. You knew what was coming but wouldn't have been happy if it ended differently.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

A worthy yarn and well written, but too predictable for me. The main characters are either too perfect or too villainous. And where was the erotica? It was more Romance than LW. 4 stars and thanks for sharing.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Wow, this guy can write a story. 5* again and again ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

From begining to end 5 stars.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 2 years ago

Another very, goos story! Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ftds.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

It is still as good on the second read, thank you and well done.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 2 years ago

I believe in sex compability in a relancip and the last few paragraphs were a bit ruch, 5stars none the less

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 years ago

Nice story. Well done.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

4th story read and 4/4 for great writing!

10/10!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well done, ending is perfect. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautiful story. Thanks.

Ed

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureover 2 years ago

Loved this story, characters, and especially the ending; you wrapped it up nicely. We learned enough about these characters to know they were made for each other and any more would have been anticlimactic. 5 stars great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Definitely a 5 star 🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠🌟🌠

Karn9Karn9almost 3 years ago

5* one of the best stories on this site!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

One of the best on this site, true masterpiece!!

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
"I can't believe you took the word of a . . . a salesman!"

Love that quote. Like an epithet. In years past it might have been "I can't believe you took the word of a . . . a commie!"

Like the thought “...you're mourning is something different. You probably always pictured yourself in a committed relationship. Maybe you wanted to start a family at some point. Callie destroyed all that. It's no wonder you feel depressed: you've lost the picture of how your life would be."

This really is the root I think to a lot of LW stories — the ruined picture of your dream. Sometimes it can be shallow, like simply ego. Perhaps you feel emasculated from the actions ruining the dream “you”, or losing your “possession”. Or something biological such as your dream of passing on your genetic line with your own progeny. Or more universally emotional such as the dream family that you had pictured in your head of a nuclear family (though I suppose this can go back to ego, just not quite so selfish).

Great story. I’d already gave it 4-stars at some point, but on 3rd read I think it deserves a strong 4.5-stars (rounding up to 5-stars)

Omart57Omart57about 3 years ago

Loved this story! We your fans , shall miss you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great! R.I.P. Francis Macomber.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Never listen to salesmans

Never

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
pfft

Why post anything here other than as a beta-test for kindle unlimited? Money makes the oblate spheroid traverse its parabola, not freeloaders.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Love the story, you always wonder why seeming talented an author all of a sudden quits writing on Literotica. Did he or she get tired of the Anonymous comments that are sometimes so negative, did he or she move on to more success and write in a different venue or as I read the comments of GeorgeAnderson posted 2 days ago that this talented author has passed on. I along with some other commenters will miss the author of these stories. If he has passed on, Rest in Peace FrancisMacomber your writings will be missed. 5 stars

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 3 years ago
@skruff:

My understanding is that, unfortunately, the man writing as FrancisMacomber has passed on. I miss him, too.

GA

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

Can anyone answer me one simple question.

Why has an author with such immense talent stopped writing?

Disillusioned? Burnt out? Writer’s block?

Has he gone on to full time author?

He is sorely missed given the garbage we have to wade through to find anything remotely close to this authors talent.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 4 years ago
This is a

TEN Star effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 Stars

I will have to see if this fine writer has more stories ..

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Great Story

Macomber is a highly skilled writer and produced a masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very well done

Worth a 5, without question

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Now this is good

Excellent BTB but didn't dwell on it and finished it up very upbeat, great story.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Reading again

Reading a story this well written and satisfying makes you wish the author was still writing. Great story.

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years ago
Enjoyed this but...

...sad this writer hasn't posted a story in years. If you're still out there, thanks for a delightful tale that ended nicely.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
Love the quote, “I can't believe you took the word of a . . . a salesman!"

4-stars

peter944peter944over 5 years ago
Loved it

This had a different POV from most stories you see here and I really liked the way you created symmetry from what you started with to the ending. Well done.

TrollTureTrollTureover 5 years ago
And...

We have found the elusive General Public, he has taken upon himself to be the censor for Literotica, where he operates under the "Anonymous" handle, and as recently as 08/29/18 decreed that romantic, clichéd stories have no place at Literotica. So now we know.

Very much like the silly British Army officer who pops up in all sorts of Monty Python sketches telling everyone that he doesn't like what they're doing.

I suggest that the format "Anonymous" mentions, "Beautiful, unsatisfied woman, the heartless, cruel villain, and the ever-handsome, kind, honest, strong tall hero." is the basis for most films that have ever come out of Hollywood, and for most of the literary works of the world as well.

Things become cliches because they are the sort of things regular people want to see and read, very simple.

But "Anonymous" is wrong. As long as stories don't involve sex with people under 18, Literotica is pretty much a write-what-you-like kind of place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Guess It’s Just A Matter Of Taste

I enjoyed the story very much. “Jess” gave an interesting description of how her looks can be a detriment to her well-being. I’ve known a few truly beautiful women in my life and most of them were total narcissists. But one or two were down-to-earth people who just wanted to be treated with respect, and it was a shame to see them treated so badly by men who only saw them as objects to be used and abused. As I said, I enjoyed the story. I think it’s certainly worthy of Five Stars.

green117green117over 5 years ago
@anony - 1

Your comment is sorta true...

But the story seems to me to be a character study of the protagonist, not a plot driven work. The dramatic peak is the lecture Marge gave the protagonist, and perhaps her declaration to the male lead (but I don't think so - it was the pay off, but no real tension in my mind).

Would a full detailed plot have served better? Maybe - but it would have risked distraction from the character's growth, and required a new title.

Which is to say - calling something out for not being an apple when it is an orange shows little insight.

YMMV

Green-something

(would this be something a concerned father would wish to say to his daughter? Oh my yes...)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pitifully Infantile

Nothing more than a teenage girl's "True Romance" story with all the clichés. Beautiful, unsatisfied woman, the heartless, cruel villain, and the ever-handsome, kind, honest, strong tall hero.

Made me puke.

Literotica is NOT the place for this kind of douche dribble.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Well done

I really enjoyed this story. We.had the evil villain in Scott. The evil, gold digging, slut wife, and the clueless hero in Peter. Riding in to save the day is white knight, Jess. Definitely a great story, although the burn was too gentle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Great story!! 5*

sexydad50sexydad50about 6 years ago
Nice

Good tale. Could have made it a little hotter

DadforfiveDadforfiveover 6 years ago
I would have figured the honey trap would be my favorite story by you.

I would have been wrong. This one topped it, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Very nice story. My second time through it and it was just as enjoyable “the second time around “. But, bigredker, what the heck are you doing, reading Lit. stories at work? How do you get away with THAT?

bigredkerbigredkerover 6 years ago
You ought to be ashamed!

For causing me to shed a few tears at work, that is. Well done!

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 6 years ago
Ahhhhhhhhh.

Well done, with a solid plot, a technical double twist, a smooth delivery, and an ending with promise. Oh, and not too long. Nice job. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
@lewdslummydoggy

Been over three years since the self idolizing lsd purchased that book on writing a short story.

Yet to see his efforts published.

Likely he prefers to pontificate on how insightful he deems his comments to be.

Francis Macomber is recognized by all but lsd as a premiere writer

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Another Fine Tale

With a lovely denouement. It's sad but true that there are way too many slimebags like Scott in the world -- and even more sadly, way too many of them get what they're after instead of what they deserve!

Thanks for another entertaining story!

Ocker51Ocker51about 7 years ago
A Really Nice Story

I enjoyed this story from start to finish 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
welllll

there must be a couple of extra sars lying aroud here.

EzrollinEzrollinover 7 years ago

I've read several of your stories. If I had a criticism it would be, not enough eroticism but I keep on reading and that says it all. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
well outlined and executed!

Nice Job Francis...thanks for giving Me some solace and my understanding things a little better.

Time wounds all heels!...this twisted idiom has stuck with me the last year as I stepped out of a long marriage for the wiles of a beautiful seductress...and got horribly burned. I have taken on the responsibility of my wrong...while the seductress rolls along leaving trails of tears.

I am reading for ideas...cause she needs to be stopped...thanks for the stories.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

Loved it. Still five stars. Great beginning. Kinda weak at the end.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
love, romance, betrayal ......

Following the classic formula this story ticks all the boxes.

No real surprises..... That surprised me coming from this author.

A good read, and another 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just doesn't make sense

It's not only illogical but inconceivable that Peter wouldn't have had Debbie make him a copy of that Expo fiasco so that he could show it to his cheating bitch wife, when announcing that Scott, her favorite cocksman, had been fired. Ergo... their much needed backup for when the server went down to crush the fucker with Mr Moffatt and the Board. The copied email from their biggest customer would have been icing on the cake to show his about to be ex whore what she was getting as a reward for betraying him and throwing her marriage away. Then he could truly enjoy seeing her dissolve into a puddle of shit.

hermit1157hermit1157over 8 years ago
Expo?

Mostly I have enjoyed your stories. However, I have found myself confused at times. Because of your lack of descriptive, Expo could have been a code name or nickname of a product among other things. It wasn't until the plot to discredit Scott started that I realized it was an industry exposition to showcase the products that the company manufactured and/or sold. Personally I would have appreciated a better sense of what the company did.

jimbo103jimbo103over 8 years ago
this author seems to be a .....

MAC GYVER of stories.... man the tiny little geeky details cleverly inserted are astonishing.

keep up the effort, i really admire it.

loved al andalous too & others

ErotFanErotFanover 8 years ago
Another fine one

Working my way the storys.. Haven't found a stinker yet!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
one of the good ones

No secret agent super spies, just people dealing with the messiness in life.

artykay63artykay63almost 9 years ago
Peter Scott

okay there were some fuck ups with the names, but Peter Scott was a famous bird watcher and this guy got the bird so hey whats the big deal?

great stuff or should I say great scott!

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Very Nice!

"What if they had a chance to see the real Peter in action?" – Don’t you mean the real SCOTT?

“Scott gave a little hand gesture.” – Again, don’t you mean PETER? Why would SCOTT be cueing Jessica?

"How could he cheat on me that way?" she blubbered. "How could he humiliate me in front of all those people?" – LOL, He’ll cheat WITH you, he’ll cheat ON you! And why would you believe the accusations against your husband from the man who wants to get in your pants?

“But I kept looking for something more that I never seemed to find.” – How about taking the first step yourself, instead of waiting for him? Marge nailed it!

Cassy16Cassy16about 9 years ago

great yarn

Tony NZ

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 9 years ago
nice tale

Happy ending for both

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I gave it four stars ...

... I found it a bit melodramatic and overdone. That may be my fault, rather than the authors. It would seem I don't sympathize with emotional pain, very well. Still I found it to be a good read. Panther fan.

whirlwind_66whirlwind_66over 9 years ago
A good read.!

All is well that ends well ..and hopefully ..they lived happily everafter ..!

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
Small world!

Hi Britease,

I know I'm not the only bunny hubby out there, but I sure didn't expect to hear from another so quickly! If I was married to my wife while she was a bunny I doubt I would still be with her now. That job is the acid test for any marriage, and my wife ended up divorced from her first husband as well. Luckily, I was her number three, and third times the charm. By then she was a lot more mature (27) and her attitude was very like Jess' in this story. Still, it was a rocky road with the cultural differences. (yes, she came to America too) The parallels here are scary! Cheers

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
AN AMERICAN BEAUTY

but is it a rose or a petunia or an old dandelion, TK U MLJ LV NV

BriteaseBriteasealmost 10 years ago
Hi split Aces!

My first wife was a bunny girl as well. One of the first in Uk when when it opened in Park Lane in London back in the sixties. Didn't last long; the marriage that is not the job, though it was already pretty rocky when she started there. A young twenty odd year old, recently qualified engineer didn't stand much chance against the older and much richer guys she met there. She's subsequently married well, several times and now lives in America with ….. Ah! Afraid I can't disclose that. We still talk occasionally and still share a daughter (who I bought up), but I'm happy to report that I seem to be the happiest with my life.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
Dead on the money

When the Playboy Club in Manchester, England opened; my wife's best friend talked her into providing moral support for her, as she joined the hundreds of girls vying for the few Bunny (waitress) positions available. Imagine her chagrin, when she was passed over as my wife (who had not applied) was hired! That's right, my wife was a Playboy Bunny, drop dead gorgeous, and for 36 years I've listened to her saying "there's no such thing as friends" and watched her shun the glamorous life. She has one of the best voices I've ever heard; sang with several big bands, dated Richard Branson and won't have anything to do with the music industry. Why? Because everything Jess said about the hassles of beauty is true. How did I end up with her? In spite of serious burn-out, she still dreamed of love and I never hit on her; didn't believe in sex outside of marriage and do believe in absolute fidelity. It was what she wanted too.

BetterEndingBetterEndingabout 10 years ago
Great Story

Great read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story!

Great story!! Held me captive all the way to the end

greowulfgreowulfabout 10 years ago
I always look forward to a tale from Sir Francis

Nd this one was worth the wait.

FireFox59FireFox59about 10 years ago
Good Tale

Guess wifey don't trade up after all :).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
4*s

Sweet!!

Very creative, pov.

Can we have another ?

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
anuther not 1800 hrs news.

the most beautifull gal on earth. enuff is enuff. somebody please write about everyday attractive easy on the eyeballs women, and men also, without 24 inch dicks.**

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 10 years ago
Its interesting

to read this story along with Innocent Text Messages by Javmor69 Different perspectives on the trials and tribulations of being an attractive female. Both are excellent stories, in my opinion.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

This was another wonderful tale from the master. Five stars.

DunaDunaabout 10 years ago
When the cuck's dream disappeares.........

I have begun to read, but I remember of X_JohnDoe_X had a story, where a cuck tried to make the main character be a bull for his wife, but the wife left the cuck for the bull candidate.........I laughed on that story a lot. Unfortunatally X-JohnDoe_X withdrew his stories from SOL and Lit alike.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Fab !

Great Writing! Great storyline! Great 5* ! I'd give it more than 5* if poss. Well Done clearly a CLASSIC in loving wifes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great read

What an incredible read. Interesting and well written.

snakes454snakes454about 10 years ago
ok let me explain

Scott handed his phone to peter when he got the text. Peter therefore erased the text. Jess erased the text from the big guys phone. It wasn't hard to put together. The server crash was to set up a feeling of impending failure for the scheme. That way we're all surprised when the other guy sends moffit the incriminating photos.

My only complaint is that the heart of the story, the betrayal and subsequent effects were coldly delivered by a third party. This was a romance story, with a cheating sub plot. Great writing, but with the marriage held at arms length, this didn't have the emotional feel I need to hand the fifth star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
plot holes

Did I miss it? Who deleted the text messages and files from the server??

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 10 years ago
holy shit !!! wow a woman chracter wth a brain... holy shit

Ok...OK... Yes there have been some women characters in the LW category which have been pretty strong and intelligent and with rational thought process. But lets face it we don't see a lot of that . The extremely well developed character of Jess made this is a very enjoyable story

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous